Walking the Tightrope 🕷 Pete...

By allthemfanfics

[Sequel to Hanging by a Thread] [Book 2 in the Alex Wallace series] *Pre-Dates Infinity War* Normally, people... More

cast
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
epilogue
next story

fifteen

1.9K 74 25
By allthemfanfics

Alexandra

Her parents never found out about her little side trip. She planned to keep it that way. She swore Peter to secrecy and then decided to move on. They would try and figure out why Immanuel and the other man had taken her to begin with and then decide if it was worth bringing it up to her parents. Peter told Tony about Immanuel having escaped and the former CEO was not happy about that.

Peter told Alexandra that Tony yelled at the chief of police for not informing him immediately that Immanuel had gotten away. Alexandra thought it was kind of funny, in a twisted kind of way.

But regardless, Alexandra was fine. The two men hadn't hurt her, other than hitting her over the head a few times. And what she thought was a concussion hadn't been one at all, thank goodness. So, she went on with business as usual. On Monday when they went back to school, things were fine. She had woken up with a small headache, but other than that, nothing was wrong.

Peter walked with her to school, as usual. Things were normal. When they got to school, they went to class. Alexandra's first class of the day was AP biology with MJ. She seemed to notice that something was off with Alexandra, because the entire class she spent sending her cryptic looks across the room.

Alexandra had a hard time focusing with her ever increasing headache. She ignored it. It was nothing. She just hadn't slept well the night before, that was all—and that's what she told MJ when she asked later as well.

She didn't think MJ believed her, though. But it was fine. Everything was fine.

So she went on with her day. Her headache seemed to get worse, but she ignored it. All day she ignored it. When the bell rang and school got out, they went home. Alexandra didn't mention anything to Peter about her headache. She figured after a good night's rest it would go away.

But the next day when she woke up, her headache wasn't gone. Somehow, it seemed worse. She felt warm, too. Alexandra groaned. She had come down with something. Or maybe it was a migraine? She knew May had them sometimes. 

Regardless, she couldn't afford to be sick that day. She had to work on her history project with Flash after school.

So she suffered through another day of school. Peter could tell something was wrong, so could Kai and MJ and even Ned. But Alexandra kept assuring them that she was okay. Just feeling a little under the weather.

Today Flash was coming over to her apartment after school so they could work on their project. Her parents were both out, her dad was at work, her papa was out grocery shopping. When Flash showed up at her front door, Alexandra was slightly disappointed. But at least he wasn't being a dick.

"Afternoon, partner," He said to her with a small grin. Alexandra rolled her eyes.

"Just come inside." She sighed and so he came in and sat on their couch, making himself comfortable. As much as she wanted to be rude to him right now—she didn't have it in her to do so—instead she offered him a glass of water and they got started on the project.

Flash kept going on and on about the city of gold, even though that wasn't remotely related to the time period they were studying currently. They were actually supposed to do their project on something related to anytime from 1915 to 1950. Definitely not lost city of gold time.

Plus the lost city of gold wasn't real.

So as Flash rambled on about the alleged lost city of gold, Alexandra's headache got worse and worse. She pinched the bridge of her nose in an attempt to alleviate some of the pain, but it didn't work.

"Hey, are you okay?" Flash asked, noticing her discomfort.

Alexandra nodded. "Yeah, yeah, I just have a small headache—I think I just need water." She got to her feet and kind of stumbled across the room over to the kitchen. She grabbed a glass from the cabinet above and blinked rapidly as she filled it with water, trying to clear her vision. She sucked the water down, but her legs began to tremble.

They gave out from underneath her and she collapsed onto the kitchen floor, the glass shattering beside her and the remaining water spilling everywhere. Flash rushed into the kitchen when he heard the glass break. "Whoa! You okay?" He asked her, kneeling beside her. He pressed a hand to her forehead but she slapped it away. "Hey! I'm just trying to help." He frowned.

"Get—get Peter..." She told him. "Next door—"

"Alright, alright," Flash sighed but got to his feet and walked out of the apartment to go get him. 

In the meantime, Alexandra sat on her kitchen floor in a weird trance. She was aware of her surroundings, but she couldn't do anything about it. Her head was spinning, she felt nauseous and suddenly she thought that drinking all of that water had been a bad idea.

"...ey! Alex!"

Her eyes snapped up and her blurry vision cleared slightly. She saw Peter in front of her and she smiled. "Hey, Peter, what's up?" She asked as she fell forward against his shoulder.

"Flash, what happened exactly?" Peter asked.

Flash shrugged. "I don't know, man. We were sitting here working on our project and she said something about having a headache so she went to get water, next thing I know I hear glass shattering and she's on the ground," He said. "I felt her head and she's burning up, dude."

Peter looked at Alexandra with a concerned face. She felt his hand against her forehead and he sighed. "Yeah, you're right, she's burning up."

"That's what I just said, Parker."

"Okay, shut up, now isn't the time." Peter sighed.

Flash shrugged. "Sorry, force of habit." Peter knew he wasn't really sorry, though. "Is she gonna be okay?"

"I'm gonna get her to Mr. Stark, he'll know what to do." Peter picked her up and Flash scoffed.

"Here you go again with the Tony Stark thing—"

"You saw Alex with him during the field trip, right?" Peter snapped at him. "Even if you don't believe I know him, she does. So just shut up, go home, and try not to piss me off, okay?" Alexandra smiled slightly at him, even though she was out of it she knew Peter was proud of himself for standing up to Flash.

"Fine." Flash grabbed his stuff from the other room. "This is stupid." He muttered as he left.

🕷🕷🕷

Alexandra knew she was in a car. But she didn't remember how she got there. When the car stopped, someone picked her up and carried her out. When the sunlight hit her eyelids she groaned and turned towards whoever was carrying her and buried her face in their chest.

"It's okay, Alex, Mr. Stark is gonna be able to help." She recognized Peter's voice.

"Okay, kid, let's get her inside." Alexandra glanced over. She recognized Happy Hogan as the driver of the car now. Peter must have called him and asked for help. Inside? Where exactly were they?

She blinked open her eyes as they entered the building and recognized it to be the Stark Industries compound they had gone to for the field trip. Why were they here? Alexandra thought they were in the midst of repairs. Maybe not every part of the compound was damaged or something.

Peter and Happy rushed her through the back halls of the compound and into one of Tony's private labs. "Mr. Stark?" Peter called as they entered.

"Over here, kid."

Alexandra craned her neck and looked over at Tony Stark, who by now had walked across the room and was examining her. "Oh, hey, I saw you like... that one time." She laughed slightly at herself. Things were very confusing for her right now. "You're the—you're the guy who does the... pew pew." She held her hand up, imitating the repulser of the Iron Man suit.

"Okay, yeah, she's definitely got a fever." She heard Tony say. "Let's get her over here so she can lay down. I'll get a doctor in here."

Alexandra felt herself being placed on something kind of soft, and then her head was being supported by a pillow or something. Something weird was going on with her. Something bad. "Peter...?"

"What's up?" He asked her, grabbing her hand.

"Am I dying or something?"

"What? No! Why would you ask that?" He demanded.

"You brought me to Tony Stark." Her words were slurred. "You would only do that if you were really worried about me."

Peter looked at her with sad eyes. Alexandra sighed and leaned back, closing her eyes. "You're not going to die, okay?" He said. "Mr. Stark's just gonna make sure you're 100% okay. That's why I brought you to him, okay?"

"Mm... okay," She mumbled. "I'm kinda tired."

"You can rest, Alex," Peter told her. "Don't worry, I'll be here to watch after you. Sleep."

"Mm... okay." Alexandra repeated. "G'night."

"Goodnight, Allie."

Alexandra closed her eyes and allowed herself to fall asleep.

🕷🕷🕷

DUN DUN DUNNNNNN we really getting into now boyossssss.

Get readyyyyyyyy

~Mads

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76.6K 1.6K 16
y/n met peter parker one time at the one of the university bus stops & shared a pizza with him in the rain. he seemed like the nicest kid & so when y...
531K 8.2K 33
*started when i was 14...first couple chapters suck. feel free to start from the end and work to the first chapter* *end chapters are when i was 16 �...
1.1M 26.2K 33
"I just want to protect you," Peter told me. *slowburn* Y/N Stark is the daughter of Tony Stark. When she finally convinces him to go to a real schoo...
57.7K 1.5K 14
**under some severe editing. read at your own risk** One class from Midtown School of Science & Technology was chosen to attend Stark Industries. Of...