twenty three

Alexandra

Leo was in the living room watching the news when Alexandra and Colin walked into the apartment. Alexandra set her bag down at the door and rushed into the living room. Leo looked up and smiled. "Hey, sweetie, did you have fun on your trip—whoa! I'm glad to see you too." Alexandra had tackled her father in a hug on the coach. "What's the big hug for?"

Alexandra buried her face in her papa's shoulder and hugged him tighter. "Can't I just want to hug my Papa after being gone for a week?" She replied, her voice slightly muffled by his shirt.

"No, I don't have a problem with that." Leo chuckled lightly and looked over at Colin and smiled at him. Alexandra wished she could tell Leo where she had really been for the past week, but she knew it was for the best that he didn't know. It just felt weird, lying to him. Then again, her dad had been lying to both of them her entire life, so how hard could it really be?

She pulled away from the hug and smiled at Leo. "I'm going to go unpack my things," She said. Her parents both nodded and she grabbed her bag from the ground before heading back to her bedroom. Alexandra tossed her bag onto her bed and sighed. She grabbed her cell phone and was immediately greeted with hundreds of texts from her friends.

Ned: Hey, Alex. Peter told me what was going on. Hope you feel better <3
Ned: Also I got the work you've missed in Spanish so far
Wednesday 3:30PM

Kai: hey girlie!! where u at?
Wednesday 9:03AM

Kai: miles is looking for u,,, and im kinda worried lol
Wednesday 12:05PM

Kai: ned and peter told me ur sick this week :( hope u feel better
Thursday 2:35PM

MJ: hey dude. Hope you feel better. You're excused from decathlon until you're back at school.
Wednesday 7:53PM

Miles: hi alex! its miles. peter told me you're sick so i just wanted to text you and check up! you're probably asleep rn tho but uhhh yeah feel better! also do you know where room 446A is?
Wednesday 1:35PM
Miles: oh nvm i found it lol
Wednesday 1:40PM
Miles: why the HECK are there so many science labs in this school??? like yeah we get it, this is a science-y school but ive gotten lost like five times!!
Thursday 11:02AM

Alexandra smiled at all of her friends' messages and shook her head. She felt bad that none of them (with the exception of Ned, she guessed) knew where she had really been for the past week. She wished she could tell Kai, especially. But that wasn't really an option, not unless she wanted to give away the fact that Peter was Spider-Man—and she definitely did not want to do that.

She glanced back down at her phone and noticed Flash had also texted her a few times while she was gone. She clicked on the messages.

Flash: Hey you good? You just kind of collapsed
Tuesday 8:10PM
Flash: Parker told me you're sick. I'll try to get the project done by myself. Hope you feel better.
Wednesday 12:40PM
Flash: Hey just so you know, I used a lot of your notes for the project. We got a 97%, which is pretty much the highest grade I've ever gotten in history
Friday 2:37PM

Alexandra sighed and ran a hand through her hair. She was glad they had made a good grade on the project, but she felt bad that she hadn't worked on it at all. But then a small voice at the back of her mind reminded her that this was Flash Thompson she was feeling bad about—and she realized that he had used her notes, so she had basically done the work anyway. Flash had just made it look good.