Protecting the President's So...

By KirstenMx

[Highest Rank: #1 in Teen Fiction] Luna Prescott is a young special agent and Ace Crawford is the President's... More

1: Goat's Cheese
2: Hormonal Teens and Drugs
3: Like Regina George?
4: Is Lunch a Class?
5: Your virginity?
6: Pretty nugget
7: Yodelling Walmart Kid
8: Herpes and Smoke Weed
9: Spill the Tea
10: My Knight in Shining Armour
11: Slide into His DMs
12: Keep it PG
13: He Bruises Like a Peach
14: Chicken Tender?
15: Buzz Buzz Bitch
16: Sniffing My Bag
17: Birdy Boo Boo
18: Big Plastic Balloons
19: Mr. Snuggles
20: A Kid With An Attractive Moustache
21: No More Pop Tarts
22: Fakeness Isn't Natural
23: What a Wiener
24: As in The Nemo Character?
25: Done the Deed
26: No Attachments
27: Geronimo!
28: You Little Pig
29: Pinapple Haired Baby
30: Macenth?
31: That's How You Eat A Pineapple
32: So Damn Extra
33: 20 Chicken McNuggets
34: Pun Intended
35: Give It A Rest
36: Just One Thing
37: He Threw Me Down The Stairs
38: Peace Out, Dawg
39: Hit it, Lesley
40: Safety First Kids
41: Your Date Is Here
42: Dramatic Much?
43: Bitch Better Have My Money
44: I'm Sorry
45: Ape Shit
46: Why Won't You Let Me In?
47: Official
48: Jayden Carol Crawford
49: Game On, Loser
50: Deeper Than The Mariana Trench
51: Follow The Rules
52: Lover's Lane
53: Shoot.
54: Baby Daddy?
55: 'She Doesn't Love You'
56: Detach Yourself
57: I Can't Do This
58: My Dumbass
60: Was He Crying?
61: They're Probably Dead
62: Like A King
63: Slow Down
64: This Is Your Fault
65: You Know I Can't
66: Just Don't Trust Anyone
67: Fuck The Agency
68: Are You Ready?
69: Time's Up
Final A/N
SEQUEL IS UP

59: I've Got A Bone

57.9K 2.5K 420
By KirstenMx

A/N: ^^^video of the dance they're gonna do, ignore the zoom ins it's probably the daughter 💀💀 and the song will be a drop in the ocean instead;)

Chapter 59: I've Got A Bone

Luna*

"Hello?" Lucas waved a hand in front of my face, "Earth to Luna?"

"Huh," I jumped, "Sorry I was daydreaming that you said you were going to be Hayley's Pageant date."

"Uh, I am."

"What?!" I practically screamed which caused people to look at me. Including Ace who now had a perplexed expression on his face.

Lucas scratched the back of his neck and shrugged. I let out a frustrated sigh and pulled him outside the gym and into the corridor.

"Why on earth did you say yes?" I folded my arms.

"Because she told me that it was emergency and her date ditched her last minute." He explained.

"But you know that she is an enemy agent and I'm pretty sure you already hated her before I got here," I mumbled the next part, "And I'm pretty sure you'll hate her when I leave."

"What was last bit?"

"Oh nothing." I sighed, "I don't get it. Just why?"

"Just think of it as an opportunity," Lucas shrugged, "I could find out where she lives, what she plans to do and anything else you ask for."

"I don't know-" I stopped when I saw a familiar face walking out of the reception, "Ryder?"

She turned to look at me and smiled then started walking over to us. She looked different, she wasn't wearing her usual pristine suit but casual mom jeans with a marvel shirt tucked into it and a cap. She look so much younger.

"Morning Luna and...friend." Ryder said as she came over to us and lowered her cap to the CCTV camera in the corner, "And its not 'Ryder', my name is Amelia Smith."

"Lucas," He mumbled, "My name is Lucas."

"I know." She gave him a side glance.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I questioned her.

"I came to talk to the school administrator about..." She looked at Lucas, "Your future plans."

"What future plans?" He stared at me, "What is she talking about Luna?"

"Its agent stuff," I assured him, "You wouldn't understand."

He looked at me skeptically, "Whatever you say..."

"Lets go get lunch okay?" I said to him then looked at Ryder, "I'll talk to you later."

She furrowed her eyebrows, nodded and then walked towards the exit. I faced Lucas and he was still looking at me, trying to find out what I was hiding.

"Come on," I grabbed onto his arm and led us to the cafeteria, "Lets eat, I'm starving."

When we got into the cafeteria, I saw all my friends sitting at the table except for one specific person. I swear that boy will be the death of me. Why can't he just be easier to handle?

I rolled my eyes and sat down at the table, "Where is Ace?"

"Nice to see you too sis," Noah ruffled my hair.

"Fine then if he dies its your fault." I shrugged.

"He said he went to get some air," Raven told me while stealing one of Noah's fries, "How's Pageant training going?"

"Terribly," I sighed, "Did you know Amelia was here all along?"

"No," She looked at me quizzically, "Why?"

"About our future plans."

"Wait who is Amelia?" Taylor asked.

"And what future plans?" The twins asked at the same time.

"Uh," I excused myself, "I'm going to find Ace."

"Luna!" Raven and Noah called after me while I walked out off the cafeteria doors.

Ace said he needed some air so he must be outside, the field? I went straight to the football field and there he was, throwing footballs no where is particular, just forward. Yes, I guessed right, first try.

"Are you aiming for a ghost or something?" I called out as I sat down on the bleachers closest to him.

He didn't even look to check it was me, "No."

I sat in silence for a while, watching him throw footballs across the field angrily.

"Why are you here?" He finally stopped and looked at me.

"I came to check on you." I simply replied.

"Yeah right," He went back to throwing footballs, "I bet you're just here to 'do your job'."

I sighed, "You know it's not like that with you, Ace..."

"No actually I don't," He slammed the football into the ground angrily, "I don't know what the hell is going on between me and you, I have no idea what is going on in my head when you're constantly on my mind, I don't understand why it's hurts every time I can't see you and I don't understand what this fucking feeling is when I look at you."

I don't speak or move.

I just stare at him with so much emotion that I thought I would pass out. Did he just imply that he loves me?...or that he hates me.

I could see the realisation hit his face like that bus hit Regina George in Mean Girls.

"You know what?" He turned away from me and began walking, "Forget it."

I ran to catch up with him and pulled his arm to a stop, "Stop doing that."

"Stop doing what?"

"Stop leaving before I can explain myself," I look up at him.

He looked down at me but didn't say anything so I took that as a sign to continue.

"Yes, i'll admit that you did start off as my mission," I sighed, "All we were meant to do was watch and keep an eye on you, heck we probably weren't even meant to be friends with you let alone befriend you."

"Our number one rule at the Agency is to not get attached," I continued, "But I did, I broke those rules and now I have to deal with the consequences...no matter how much I don't like them. I can't stand not being with you and I can't stand pushing you away but I have to make a decision, one that will benefit the both of us. I wish we could carry on like this but we both know that it won't be possible since I'm not a normal teenage girl, I can't live the life that I want...I'm not allowed to."

"I don't know what I'm meant to say to that," His eyes softened as he continued to stare at me.

"Say that you understand, say that care and that you're not mad at me," I begged him, "Please."

"Okay." Ace said, much to my surprise, "I understand, I care about you so much and I am in no way mad at you."

I don't know what it was in that moment but I wrapped my arms around his torso and enveloped him into a hug. He stiffened at the touch but soon warmed up and put his arms around my shoulders.
I rested my head on his shoulder as we melted into each other.

"Can we stay like this for a while?" I murmured.

"Anything you want, Cupcake," He smiles against my hair, "Anything you want."

My heart almost leapt out of my chest, what was it about this boy? I can't believe I have to leave him.

***

Unfortunately we didn't stand like that for as long as I wanted because we had pageant training to do.

We had just finished learning the first half of the dance which was hard enough, trying not to push people out of my way and trusting the guys to do the lifts without dropping us. Also, my feet hurt from the amount of times that I got trod on, imagine doing that in heels. I inwardly cringed.

"Alright come back guys," Hayley called us back from our 20 minute break.

I put down my water bottle and jogged back to where Ace was standing and grinning at me.

"Do your feet still hurt?" He asked me.

"Yeah," I shrugged, "It's not that bad, don't worry."

"Well I can't have my Cupcake in any pain," He pouted then wrapped his arm around my waist and took my hand in his then lifted me up, swaying me around and dancing while I laughed along.

"Luna," Hayley called out to me, "Stop messing around or I suggest you save us all some time and leave already."

Ace put me back onto the ground, "Don't worry, I was just checking she still remembered the dance."

I rolled my eyes. Genius excuse, Ace.

"Okay..." She batted her eyelashes at him, "Anyways, we are now onto the second half of the routine where we will switch partners with the pair opposite us."

Just my luck, Hayley and Lucas were opposite us.

Hayley smirked across to me, "The girls will separate off from the guys and meet in the middle then spin around each other for a bit before moving forward to their next partner. Like this example of Ace's and my partner."

I walked towards her cautiously and lifted my arm up like hers but not close enough to touch, I don't wanna touch her botox filled arms. We span around each other, she glared at me while I raised an eyebrow at her. She was gonna trip me up. Bet.

From the corner of my eye, I saw her leg extend in front of me. I quickly moved away from her and towards Lucas while she stayed there for a second, doing an awkward spin, before doing the same to Ace.

Once I was standing in front of Lucas, I span around to look at her and she looked pretty ticked off.

"That's the most basic version," She folded her arms, "I expect you all to do at least better than that."

"Gee thanks Hayley, you're dancing is fabulous as well." I said sarcastically.

The others laughed at my little joke while she rolled her eyes.

"Whatever Luna," Hayley's cheeks turned slightly pink, "We're meant to be focusing on this dance and get it perfect before tomorrow evening."

For the rest of the day while she taught the dance, I kind of half listened because Ace kept on making funny faces at me and giving my cheesy pick up lines like,
"Do you know what my shirt is made of? Boyfriend material."

" For some reason, I was feeling a little off today. But when you came along, you definitely turned me on."

"There must be something wrong with my eyes, I can't take them off you."

"I'm not into watching sunsets, but I'd love to see you go down."

"Can you do telekinesis? Because you've made a part of me move without even touching it."

"Are you an archaeologist? Because I've got a bone for you to examine."

I was laughing so much at that last one that Vice Principle Turns was about to kick me out of the practice.

When I finally wiped my eyes and looked back up at him, he was smirking at me and added a wink before his lips opened into a full out smile.

I captured this moment in my head. But at the back on my mind, a voice told me that I had to tell him what was coming next. That I wouldn't be here and that someone else would.

But my eyes kept going back to his smile and how I had to keep anything from breaking it. So I kept my mouth shut.

"Alright guys one last run through for today," Hayley wiped her forehead with a towel that appeared out of nowhere, "When you come back tomorrow I expect you all to remember the routine."

Damn, I swear she expects more from me than Commander Ryder. Actually nah, Ryder expects way more.

We got into our starting positions, I placed my hand in Ace's and he flashed me his trademark smile. When the music started playing, all of us began moving in sync, trying to remember as much as we could or else Hayley would feed us to the wolves she probably has. Its not like I care anyway, she's probably already fed them today.

I bit my lip in concentration and tried to memorise one move from the next. Everywhere Ace touches me, he leaves a tingle behind and let me tell you that it is damn well hard to concentrate when your whole body is tingling.

I let out a sigh of relief when we finished the lifts and they didn't drop us as we moved on to the next section of the routine where we switched partners.

I slid into the middle to meet Hayley giving me her signature bitch stare and dance with her for a couple of seconds while she tried her best to make me mess up. When we parted and met our new partners, I grinned when I met Lucas and we did that twirl thing before swapping back to our original partners.

I instantly relaxed when I got to Ace, knowing that I'd memorised the rest of the dance because it was just spins and outstretched arms. I furrowed my brows as if it would help me perfect these moves and we came closer to the end of the song.

Just one more spin. I grimaced, this dance had enough twirls to make me dizzy.

I came back to the stance we started in and...finish. I would do jazz hands but I'd probably get whipped for ruining the ending.

"Finally," I yawned, "That shit made me tired."

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure everyone is about to pass out," Ace pointed at one of the football players sliding down the wall with his eyes closed.

"I just wanna nap, can we go home now?" I rubbed my eyes.

He softly smiled when I said 'home', "We sure can."

We walked back to his famous lamborghini and he drove us back to his house. The ride was quiet, none of us had the energy to talk so I just watched outside the window. I haven't memorised the way from the White House to school yet but I'm pretty sure you're not meant to park the car on a dusty road with a cliff going upwards.

So you can imagine the surprise on my face when he decided to get out as well.

"Uh Ace? What are you doing?" I got out the car and followed him, "I'm almost definite that this isn't your house."

"Thanks captain obvious," He rolled his eyes and stopped to turn back at me so i could catch up, "I wanna show you something."

"I would ask if you were going to murder me but then I realised that I'm the agent and you're not." I laughed as we walked side by side up the cliff.

"You are something else, Cupcake," He smiled shaking his head, "You really are."

"Thanks," I winked, "Wait, are you sure this is safe?"

"I'm pretty sure," He shrugged, "I've been here loads of times and I haven't died yet."

"Key word is yet." I huffed.

"Come on, we're almost there."

Let me just tell you, it was worth the walk.

***
A/N: hey guys so it's legit been a month since I've last uploaded and I can just tell that y'all already done with my bullshit lmao

just an update, i've finally finished my End of Year exams!! yayyyy and now i promise i will be focusing more on this book and finishing this book for all you lovely readers that are left;)

also!! it's been over a year since i started this book and i might actually cry, i'm actually more committed to this book than i am with anything else in my life lol 🥳🥳

i promise my next update will be soon
love you all
- kirsten xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

91.9K 3.9K 38
Change is an inescapable process, soon everything changes. This varies from weather patterns, people's thoughts and livelihoods. Precious moments th...
68.7K 2K 8
When Friendship Blooms into Love (Book Cover - I do not own this image. Image source: http://haikyuu.wikia.com/wiki/Kei_Tsukishima)
116K 9.1K 11
Her şey bana gelen mektupla başlamıştı. Ufacık bir not kağıdında yazan şeyler büyük olaylara ve hayatımın değişmesine yol açmıştı. Ben kendimden emin...
Ask Amy ✔ By Tahlie

Mystery / Thriller

4.9M 426K 64
BLACK MIRROR meets PRETTY LITTLE LIARS in this multimedia thriller where an anonymous advice website gets hacked and the dark origins of the site sta...