Charm | Cedric Diggory

By stfushawn

they said potions were just not her thing, but alexandrina reddins seemed to do the impossible. becoming frie... More

foreword.
cast.
songs.
01.
02.
03.
04.
05.
06.
07.
08.
09.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
24.
25.
final.

23.

6.2K 168 85
By stfushawn

Alexandrina woke up with a gasp. Her chest, heaving and sweat coating her forehead.

The dream of Cedric lifeless in a graveyard was haunting her memory once again.

It was the third time since Cedric and her started preparing for his final task, and every time she would wake up in a jolt, not being able to sleep again.

At first she disregarded it, thinking it was her fears of losing him haunting her dreams, but as the days went by and they became more vivid Alexandrina was growing far more paranoid.

She needed to do something about it now.

In two days, Cedric would be entering the treacherous maze, the hardest task of the three. He would be risking his life for a title he did not care for anymore, but had to participate in anyway. And Alexandrina wanted nothing more, but to make sure he finished this last task safe and sound. He had to come back to her.

Robotically, Alexandrina got out of her bed and walked out of the Common Room.

She walked back and forth three times in front of an empty wall, and went into the door that appeared.

An identical copy of the potions classroom appeared and she immediately got to work.

She had been trying to create a potion that could withstand even the worst curses, brainstorming in all her classes for ingredients and spells. She knew it had never been done before, and that she may not achieve a potion strong enough to withstand even the worst curses, but she had to try.

It was all on parchment, she had never tested any of her ideas yet, but Alexandrina felt like her most recent calculation was the closest she would get. She had a good feeling about it, and under the circumstances, that feeling was worth a hundred.

Alexandrina was in a different space, she wasn't in control of herself in this moment, but she wasn't trying to stop it. Cedric was the only thing on her mind.

Belladonna. Mandrake Root. Dittany. Fluxweed.

She was adding all sorts of ingredients into the cauldron in front of her, Cedric's beautiful smile playing in loop in her mind.

Unicorn Blood. Galanthus Nivalis. Hellbore. Moondew.

He was driving her, Alexandrina had to save him.

It must have been hours, for when she finally snapped out of her trance and stared at the concoction in front of her, daylight was breaking through underneath the door concealing her.

She flicked her wand skillfully, making sure her movements were graceful and precise. She couldn't afford to make mistakes.

A small smile played on her face as she looked at the deep blue substance in front of her. Picking up the vile next to her she used her ladle and poured some of the potion in, watching it enter like silk. Alexandrina stuffed the vile into the pocket of her robe, and quickly left, trying to get back into the Slytherin Common Room before everyone woke up for the day of classes.

But someone was watching the door appear when Alexandrina decided to leave.

His tongue flicked like a serpent as he stared at Alexandrina quickly stuffing the vile into her pocket.

As she scurried down the hall, the man entered the door before it fully vanished, looking at the scene in front of him.

In her hurry, Alexandrina forgot to clean up her concoction, and in her wake she had left a mess where Barty Crouch Junior, saw the remains of what Voldemort had predicted.

Bartemius Crouch Junior was the fallen son of the former Ministry of Magic.

All his young life, the capturing of dark wizards was all that was preached in his hostile home life.

He was suffocating.

Slowly and painfully he lost himself. He didn't fit in with his fathers standards nor the exceeding expectations that were placed on him.

They say his father was the reason he had pledged his allegiance to the Dark Lord at such a young age, but Barty Crouch Jr. would argue that he chose on his own will.

Azkaban was where he truly deteriorated mentally. His growing hatred towards his father drove him further and further away and his mother's death only added onto his downfall.

With all that's happened in his life he only felt the need to impress one person now, Voldemort, and his time had come to do what he was destined to do.

Disguised as Mad Eye Moody, a phenomenally fierce auror, Barty Jr. was fulfilling the Dark Lord's plan exceptionally well. He would be a physical being again, and when Barty Jr. helped resurrect Voldemort, he knew he would be awarded greatly.

And now that Alexnadrina Reddins finally did what the Dark Lord foretold, and he had the magical healing potion in his hands, he could only wait for the day Voldemort commended him for all that he's done.

And if he was the one who delivered the potion, he would be praised greatly.

Alexandrina had no idea she had just created one of the strongest potions ever.

One whose effects were drawn from the roots of the resurrection stone.

One that can cure even the most impossible of endings,

Death.

-

Alexandrina was tumbling down the steps of the dungeons when peering blue eyes watched her, his own stress and worries about his life tearing through him.

Draco Malfoy was curious of the girl he knew was a constant in his life, yet he had empty memories, and strange dreams of things that he thought never actually happened. It was puzzling, peculiar even, how intriguing she was. Draco never really noticed her until this year, when it seemed she appeared out of this shadow she was hiding in. A pureblood Slytherin, vivaciously beautiful, with so much happiness in her voice, and yet, so closed off. 

Draco watched as she checked her robe pocket multiple times in the four steps she had taken, a worrisome crease endearing her forehead. He smiled as she sighed in relief every time she realized the item she was cautiously looking over, was yet, still placed in her pocket. As she rounded the corner where he was sitting, perched on a windowsill, reading his potions book, she shrieked slightly in surprise, as Draco raised his eyebrows in amusement at her reaction.

"Merlin Malfoy, what the bloody hell are you doing, it's half past four in the morning" Alexandrina placed a hand over her heart in an attempt to calm down the thudding.

"I do this everyday Reddins," Draco closed his book and rested it back on his lap, "And honestly I should be asking you what you're doing running around looking rather suspicious, half past four in the morning"

"I went out for a stroll, I've been feeling really stressed lately" Alexandrina genuinely spoke, the retort she was thinking about slid to the back of her mind, "Mind if I sit for a bit?"

"Of course" He felt his cheeks flush, and cursed himself, for he had never felt himself become so drawn to anybody before.

Alexandrina knew just how much in debt she was for Malfoy, though he would never remember it, he had saved her life the night Darcy came and tore a hole into Fleming and hers hearts. 

Alexandrina smiled, a big and bright one as she whispered a quiet thank you, before sitting down on the opposite side of Draco, putting her legs up in front of her like his were.

Draco watched as she leaned her head back, eyes closed before she opened them back up, making Draco shift his glance back to the book in his lap.

"I didn't just go for a stroll-I sort of had this dream and I made something" Alexandrina pulled out the vile from her pocket, the mysterious purple substance compelled Draco and he stared at it entranced.

"I've never seen a potion like this, it's so...beautiful" 

"I don't really know what it does but I think its sort of like a protection spell-I made it for Cedric" Alexandrina pocketed the potion and looked back at Draco who was looking at her in an expression she couldn't read. 

"I have no good feelings towards Diggory, but do you think its worth it to give him a potion you have no idea about?" 

Alexandrina didn't even realize that, she was so caught up she didn't even realize that the potion could do more harm than good. She didn't even have enough to test it out on someone else either, so now she was doubting everything. 

"You're right, I don't know what I was thinking" Alexandrina shook her head, putting her head down slightly.

"Hey it's okay, you had good intentions, even though Diggory is a-nevermind that" 

Alexandrina knew what he was going to say, but the fact he stopped midway made her let out a loud laugh. 

The two of them talked for an hour, from their classes to friends to the ghosts that roam the hallways. Alexandrina barely even recognized him, for he seemed far more mature and kind than the boy she saw making fun of people and the gossip.

The reminder of the task grew in Alexandrina's mind as the sun began to rise, causing the dew on the window to glimmer.

"Anyway, I should go Malfoy" Alexandrina began to stand up and walk away before Draco shot his hand out around her shoulder, stopping her from turning.

"Wait before you go, I have a question" Draco stood up, standing much taller than her, "I have all these dreams of us, b-but they seem more like memories, and I can't figure out why. It has been eating me alive, because I know we aren't just two people in Slytherin. I-I saw you hurt, you were all bloody and it felt so real but I just don't know-"

Alexandria turned ridged, she looked at Draco with wide eyes. She had obliviated his mind on more than one account, and she did not realize just how cruel it really was to take away memories until this moment. 

She let out a sob, her eyes glazing over in tears, and Draco let go of her arm, startled at her reaction. 

"Im so sorry Draco" Alexandrina covered her mouth with her hand and let out another cry, "It was only supposed to be a one time thing, but you just kept coming into my life at the worst moments"

Draco looked at her puzzled, his hand on her shoulder trying to calm her down, "What are you talking about?"

Alexandrina knew he deserved to know at least the night where he found her, and saved her, so she took a step away from him and pulled out her wand. It took a strong minded person to do the spell she was about to do, but she couldn't help the sense of deja vu that washed over her as she placed her wand against her head and held her hand out for Draco to hold.

"Let me show you"

//

two more chapters until the two endings teehee

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.5K 302 11
⚠️MENTION OF ABUSE AND TOXIC RELATIONSHIPS⚠️ Y/n Diggory is in a toxic relationship with Draco Malfoy but she's really in love with another. She want...
4.8K 212 55
You have always admired Cedric Diggory, you realize you might actually have a chance. Out of nowhere the last person you would have expected turns ou...
1.1K 20 48
⭐️--Y/n and Draco Malfoy have been enemy's since their first year. But mostly because her friends (Golden trio) hates him. In their 3rd year, they ge...
23.4K 635 22
(Y/N) Middlebrook was terribly excited for her fourth year at Hogwarts, but at the same time, she was extremely anxious. This was the year she wanted...