Sweet Dreams, Long Nights

By --Fake_Angel--

*WarNinG the following summary won't be good* Love Joy, warmth, light Love is a lot of things But with love... More

Note from the Author
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
A/N
Yet another note
Fanart!
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Epilogue
Spin-off Out!

End

333 11 10
By --Fake_Angel--

〜〜〜
Note before we start, this is not the last chapter, there WILL be an Epilouge.

Thank you!
〜〜〜

After leaving Adrien and finishing patrol, Marinette finally made it home with enough time to finish her dress before Alya arrived. When Alya did arrive, the girls spent the next two hours getting ready. It was filled with laughter, crying (don't ask why), and lots and lots of stress. For a fashion designer, Marinette hadn't realized how much work went into simply putting on the clothes. There was makeup, nails, hair, shoes, etc, etc. She almost felt jealous considering the guys probably just had to shower and throw on a tux. Hell, most of them were probably going to show up in sneakers.

Why Marinette ended up going to the dance was still a mystery to her. She didn't have a date, she would be stuck in heels for the rest of the night (she couldn't complain about an "uncomfortable dress" considering she kept comfort in mind while designing it), and she'd see Adrien there. There wasn't even free food! What could've possibly happened to make her go? One word. Alya. Sure, that should've been on the list of reasons not to go. If she was going to spend time with Alya, she would've spent the entire night third-wheeling. In fact, when she'd seen Adrien at the park, and he said he'd see her there, she spent the entire time screaming in her mind that, THERE'S NO WAY IN HELL I'M GOING TO THAT DANCE. (She was actually surprised how well she kept her cool during that entire exchange). She had only planned on helping Alya get ready, send her off, and then spend the next 5 hours watching depressing movies while eating ice cream. But when Alya showed up and saw the dress hanging on her mannequin, the feisty teen blew up. She went full mama tiger on her saying things like, "You can't stay here and drown in your sorrows, you have to show up looking like a total babe and make Adrien realize what he's missing!" and, "C'mon girl! You're gonna look like a total goddess and make all the guys jaws drop! How do you expect to get over Adrien if you don't have a new statue for your compass! Or a new compass for your statue!"

In the end, and with much pleading from Alya and Tikki, Marinette gave in and agreed to go to the dance on two conditions, Alya wouldn't try to set her up with anyone and wouldn't neglect Nino. Alya agreed to the terms and after a very stressful preparation, the two headed out, leaving Trixx and Tikki with a plate of cookies and the password to Marinette's Netflix account. The two girls caught a ride with Nino and finally, they were off.

When they finally got there, Marinette split up with the two and walked into the dance alone. It was dark except for the flashing lights above the dance floor. Some pop song was playing in the background as girls in too short dresses bounced along to the beat, "casually" glancing at the boys as they laughed with their friends. The occasional couple were laughing together as they sang along to the lyrics. There was one or two couples making out in one of the dark corners of the room. Marinette walked over to the tables, looking for an empty seat. Then, her eyes met a very familiar pair of green eyes in one of the empty back tables. The two froze as their eyes met each others, the background music and joyful chatter dimmed as they stared. Marinette took a deep breath and walked towards him, a gently smile tugging the corner of her lips. He was angelic. His hair was left messy in a sort of...Chat Noir style. He was wearing the black suit he had worn when wearing her hat during the Style Queen incident. The flashing lights made his eyes burst with a vibrant green. His tie was black, with what looked like gold glitter trailing lightly up from the bottom, just barely noticeable. He was leaning casually in his seat. God, his entire aura read Chat Noir. She finally reached his side and gestured to the empty chair next to him.

"Is this seat taken?"

〜〜〜

After reading his father's letter, Adrien took a long, cold shower. He spent most of it sitting on the cold tile as water splashed on his back, staring off into space. When he finally got out, he dried off and pulled out some clothes from his closet. He tugged them on, leaving his hair as it was, tossing some Camembert to Plagg.

"You wanna come?" He asked, casually, trying to find a pair of black shoes.

"And deal with your hormones and sexual tension? Hell no," Plagg said, cackling.

"Wow, like you know anything about love."

"Pfft says the single one."

"Like you're dating someone. And cheese doesn't count!"

"Excuse me," said Plagg, dramatically, "I take that very offensive. If only my lovely Sugarcube could hear you now."

"Sugarcube?"

"...Tikki you idiot."

"Why would someone so sweet put up with your sarcastic ass?"

"Watch your language kitten," Plagg said, sarcastically, "As if a child like you could understand what me and Sugarcube have, she is like a beautiful angel, sweet and kind."

"And what're you? The Devil?"

"Pfft I prefer El Diablo, but to each their own."

"OH my god Plagg I'm leaving."

"Suit yourself, I'll just leave to go find my darling Cookie. Try not to drown in your single depression," Plagg said, sarcastically...again.

"Yeah yeah," Adrien said. He grabbed his shoes and left, closing the door behind him. He locked the front door on his way out and got into the car. The driver dropped him off outside the school. Adrien made his way into the gym, ignoring the stares from girls he was getting. He walked to one of the empty tables and sat down, staring off into space. Even Plagg has a date tonight, if only.... As if he wished her into existence, Adrien's eyes met a familiar pair of bluebell ones. He froze as he stared deep into her eyes. She closed them for a moment, taking a deep breath, and started walking over to him. He looked down at what she was wearing. Holy shit. Saying she was pretty was an understatement. The girl was stunning. Her dress was similar to what she wore as an akuma. It was a black, off the shoulder dress made of a silky material that hugged her curves. At the waist, a sheer, flowing material started and hung loosely just past her knees in the front, trailing longer in the back, reaching halfway down her calves. You could just barely see the silky material cutting off midway down her thighs underneath. The sheer material was black like the dress, but as she moved gold glitter sparkled under certain lighting. The flashing lights made her raven hair look darker. The top half of her hair had been pulled into a neat braid crown, extremely thin strips of glittery, gold ribbon woven into it. The other half was curled and spilled down her back. Her stiletto heels were black with ribbons wrapping up her legs like a ballerina's. Black wings accented her eyes over the light amount of gold eyeshadow she was wearing. Her lips were a deep, blood red. She looked...breathtaking. Adrien hadn't realized he had been holding his breath until she was standing next to him, the corners of her lips curled up in a gentle smile.

"Is this seat taken?"

〜〜〜

Adrien stiffened as she asked this, her smile faltering slightly at the sight. He noticed her tense immediately.

"N-no, it's fine," he said, awkwardly, standing to pull her chair out, "Sorry, you just look..."

"I just look..." she replied playfully, sitting down in the chair.

"Gorgeous."

Marinette had not been prepared for such blunt honesty from Adrien.

"T-Thank y-you." C'mon Marinette, reduced to stuttering already? Keep your cool. Remember! You're over him, and you need to show him how powerful you are without him.

But am I over him?

Marinette stared up at Adrien as he moved around her ot sit down. His face was dusted with a light pink. Is he blushing? No...it's probably just the lights. Marinette let her mind wander to moments with Adrien, and even moments with Chat. His flirtatious behavior, his vulnerability during the Glaciator incident, the way he always smiled at her no matter how many times she turned him down.

She hadn't realized she'd been staring until she found herself staring deep into his eyes, his face flushing a dark pink. She quickly looked away, grateful for the shadows (hopefully) concealing her red face. She stared out into the sea of dancing people. For a high school dance, the silence was stifling. It felt as though they were in a soundproof room alone together, the rest of the world dancing around past layers of bulletproof glass. She cleared her throat awkwardly.

"So...uh....how did the Will reading go?" She asked, immediately face-palming herself, Good going Marinette! Sure, talk about his dad why don't you.

"Uh...actually I wanted to talk to you about that," he said, chuckling nervously.

"Me?" Marinette asked, confused. What would his will have to do with her?

"Um....so uh....I don't really know how to say this..."

"I find it's easiest to just say it, like ripping off a bandaid."

"Um...so, you're free to decline and all, but uh..."

"Just go for it," she said, gently.

"Um...I'mreallysorrybutfeelfreetodeclinebutmyfathermayormaynothavelefttheAgrestebrandtoyou."

"...he left....his billion dollar Designing Company....to me?"

"...yeah."

"But why?" She asked, somewhere between a mix of shock and confusion, "shouldn't the company have gone to you? You're his son, and you know the business already. For heaven's sake my parents run a bakery!"

"I'm not sure, Marinette, all he wrote was that you'd take hold of the Company and I'm supposed to help show you the ropes. After that I'm free to leave and do as I please. He said he saw a spark in you, and I...I believe what he said too. You're special, Marinette."

Marinette felt herself blushing at his statement. NO! Bad Marinette! You can't go have feelings for him!

Why not? A little voice whispered in her mind. And it was right. Why not? She remembered what Ladybug had said about her and Mari being the same person. And he even said that he recognized the characteristics he loved about Ladybug in her. Besides, who else was gonna help her kitty~.....what the hell Marinette stop.

While Mari was busy with her inner rant, Adrien was facing one of his own. Oh my GOD Adrien you idiot. What. Are. You. Doing! Now she's gonna think you're weird. God you're so stupid.

"Thanks, Adrien," Marinette said, "but seriously, if you want the business, it's not my place to take it."

"No, Mari, it's not like that!" Adrien exclaimed, "Trust me, I want nothing to do with the fashion world. I mean, I'm fine with modeling and all that, but I'm not creative in the least! Besides, he chose you for a reason, Mari."

"If you don't want to be in the fashion world, what do you want to do, if I may ask."

"Um....this is going to sound stupid," Adrien said, rubbing the back of his neck nervously, "But uh....I've always wanted to be a stay at home dad."

"Really?" Marinette asked. And it made sense. For someone who basically grew up without a father, it was reasonable for him to not want that for his children.

"It's stupid, isn't it."

"Nononono, it's n-not Adrien! I mean, you'd be a great dad! I'M SORRY THAT SOUNDED RUDE! I MEAN YOU WOULD MAKE A GOOD FATHER ANYWAY! IT DOESN'T HAVE TO DO WITH YOUR DAD! I MEAN, I MEAN! I- ugh...now I'm just rambling....sorry."

"No, don't worry about it," Adrien said, laughing. She giggled, staring out again at the sea of awkward teens. Suddenly, the lights changed, harsh neon lights replaced with slow, lazy circles of blues. A slow song came on in the background. Teens started pairing up with their dates or just someone who happened to be near them. Adrien glanced over to see Marinette swaying to the music.

"Hey...do you wanna dance with me?" He asked. She froze, hesitating for a moment.

"I..."

"Look, Marinette. I'm...I'm really sorry and I understand how you probably feel right now. I mean, if I was in your shoes, I'd probably feel the same. But, I'm sorry, and I'm willing to wait as long as it takes for your walls to drop and your cracks to heal. But I'm going to fight for you the entire way (hehehehehehe i lOVE rEfeEeNceS tHaT nO OnE WiLl uNdErStAnD) . So....please, please just give me another chance," Adrien finished weakly.

Marinette was shocked at Adrien's confession. She thought for the second time that night about what Ladybug had told her, and Adrien's confession on the roof. She sighed, a smile forming on her lips.

"Of course, Chatton, absolutely." He smirked at the nickname.

"Well then, M'lady, shall we?" She smiled, giggling and tapping his nose like she'd done oh so many timesW before.

Silly kitty...

"We shall."

End

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

819K 26.7K 26
❝Even if there was no gravity left on earth I'd still fall for you.❞ Sometimes, failing at things can lead to something beautiful; just like when M...
384K 15.8K 20
Marinette Dupain-Cheng is an average peasant girl growing up in a small village named Parisilia. It is strictly under the rule of King Gabriel. Since...
58.4K 2.1K 6
We are aware of how Marinette found her love for Adrien Agreste. A simple but caring gesture that revolved around an umbrella sparked an everlasting...
132K 4K 21
It's been four years since Marinette Dupain-Cheng became Ladybug, one of the many super heroes of Paris, although the others are only called on in ca...