Rogue Queen ➵

By IceSky_

❝Never mess with the Royals. You'll feel the flames of hell before you even get there.❞ Back then, I wasn't a... More

Rewritten Version
STORY INFO/CHARACTERS
Prologue
➵ I. New Life
➵ II. Asher
➵ III. The Plan
➵ IV. Returning
➵ V. Wish That You Were Here
➵ VI. Accepting & Rejecting
➵ VII. Flawless Suspicion
➵ VIII. Riley
➵ IX. Straight Single, Taken Gay
➵ X. First Date
➵ XI. The Revealing
➵ XII. Killing Kia
➵ XIII. King, Choir & Consequences
➵ XIV. The Rogue Kingdom
➵ XV. Alpha Meets King
➵ XVI. The Truth Comes Out
➵ XVII. Christmas
➵ XVIII. Unity At New Years
➵ XIX. The Past Can Leave Scars
➵ XX. The Burning House
➵ XXI. Leaving Arguments
➵ XXII. Am I A Psychopath?
➵ XXIII. Created To Be Hated
➵ XXIV. Insecure
➵ XXV. He Was Right
➵ XXVI. Alpha Meeting
➵ XXVII. Mate Against Mate
➵ XXVIII. After
➵ XXIX. Found You
➵ XXX. One Wish
➵ XXXII. Preparation
➵ XXXIII. Taken
➵ XXXIV. Call For Help
➵ XXXV. Tortured
➵ XXXVI. Finally
➵ XXXVII. Start A Riot
➵ XXXVIII. Come This Far
➵ XXXIX. Fall Of The King
➵ XL. Reviving
➵ XLI. Overcoming Challenges
➵ XLII. Starting Redemption
➵ XLIII. The Scavenger Hunt
Epilogue
Behind the Pages
➵ What If Oneshot
Sunsets on Us

➵ XXXI. Going Home

27.6K 910 126
By IceSky_

Tuesday, January 16th, 2018, 12:00pm

Home - Daughtry

Rei's POV

"Tsk tsk," Zaine says, shaking his head. "Skipping school. You should be ashamed."

"Oh please, it's not the first time," Asher replies. "Pack work always wins over school work."

"Which is one of the reasons why I never enrolled in school before," Zaine says, shrugging and fiddling with the engagement ring on his finger. "Rogues before education."

I roll my eyes, heading back upstairs to grab the last of my suitcases. Stepping into my room, I look around and sigh softly. I'll miss this place. This was my home for nearly two years. Not too long, but it was long enough to get attached. I have a lot of memories here, like healing Zaine, he and Killian getting engaged, and it's here where Raiden marked Clove last night. We've left for weeks at a time before, but I always knew we'd come back. We're not coming back this time.

I hear soft footsteps as Asher comes up behind me, his arms snaking around my waist, his head resting on my shoulder, a habit I've found him doing a lot, using my shoulder as a head rest.

"You alright?" he asks softly.

"Yeah," I whisper. "I just... I'm gonna miss this place."

I can tell Asher's smiling softly. "Honestly, me too. I spent two days here, but I can feel the homey sense this place gives. I can tell you had a lot of fun times here. It's not something you can find just anywhere. But now we can give that sense to a home we all share."

I smile and nod. "We can."

Asher tilts his head down, his breathe gently fanning across my neck, breathing in my scent.

"You smell nice," he mumbles. "Like oranges. And fire. Not really surprising, for someone with pyrokinesis. It's like a wood fire... A campfire. It's nice, I like campfires, especially with family."

"Me too," I reply. "I remember one with the pack, you almost set yourself on fire."

Asher huffs and whines. "The fire was jealous. It's not my fault I'm hotter than it was."

I tilt my head to the side, lightly bumping his, which is still resting on my shoulder. While he whines again, I pull away and grab my last suitcase from beside the bed.

"Let's go," I say. "We still have to stop by the Healer's and pick up Stitch."

"Actually, I was thinking we could see if they would come to Moonblood," Asher says as we head downstairs. "The pack could help take care of the animals, and just in case a war with the rogues does happen, and King decides to go after our allies, they'll be better protected."

I nod. "True. The Healers are some of the most important rogues. The witches powers, along with the boys' loyalty, kindless and humor, help a lot with a lot with healing the ones we rescue. And it'll be good to have them close if it comes down to battle."

When we step back into the living room, Zaine is still talking animatedly, sharing stories and memories we've made over the year he's been with us. Chase and Rhea add things in, telling details Zaine forgot to mention, or things they were doing.

"Ready?" Raiden asks, seeing Asher and I.

I nod. "Let's go home."

"I'm back, bitches!" Zaine sings, spinning around and collapsing on the couch.

"No one else is here," Scott says.

"So?" Zaine replies.

We're back at the house we stayed at during our earlier stay with the pack. Asher and Raiden with be moving in with us, as well as Scott and Dean. The house is like a mini, five-roomed pack house. Good thing the walls are soundproof, between Killian and Zaine, and Scott and Dean, the soundproof walls are vital to living happily.

"So, unpacking," I say, sarcasm dripping in my voice. "This'll be fun."

"I call unpacking the weapons!" Clove calls.

It'll be best if she organizes them. Both me and her have slight OCD, everything must be organized. Killian and Zaine don't really care how organized and neat something is as long as they can find something quickly when they need if.

I grab one of my suitcases, then head upstairs, stopping to scratch Stitch, who's sniffing around the house with Chase and Rhea watching him, behind the ears. Asher's follows behind me, carrying another one of my suitcases.

We asked, and the Healers agreed to move here. They'll be safer, and so will the animals. It might help for them to be around more people too. The Unity group is coming back too, the kids having been reluctant to leave the friends they'd made during their stay.

"Do you regret coming back?" Asher asks as I place my suitcase on the bed, his voice nervous.

I look at him. "I don't regret it, no. But I'm not sure if it was the right decision."

I can feel Asher's mood sadden, his head tilting in confusion.

"It's not you," I say, taking his hand in mine. "But if a war breaks out between us and King, it'll come at a high price. I don't want to force you or the pack to fight, but me and my rogues don't have the best chances of coming out on top on our own."

"Of course we'll fight," Asher says immediately, determination now coming from him in waves. "You're the Luna of pack, Rei, I know they'll help."

I sigh softly. "Asher, it won't just be a war with wolves. There'll be witches and warlocks, and fighting techniques you haven't seen before. You'll be unprepared."

"So help us prepare," Asher insists. "Train us to fight them. I just found you, Rei, I am not going to lose you again."

I give him a small smile, kissing his cheek lightly. He grins, and pulls me back to kiss me on the lips. The familiar sparks race through me as his lips move against mine, his tongue dancing with mine. When we pull apart, Asher rests his forehead on mine.

"I'm glad you came back," he whispers, eyes closed.

I hesitate for a few seconds before replying, "me too."

"This is amazing," I breathe, my eyes locked on the setting sun.

"Isn't it?" Asher replies, leaning back.

He brought me to this beautiful lake, surrounded by a wide open meadow. The water is frozen and flat, the slowly fading sunlight reflecting off the ice.

Standing in the grass, I'm transfixed by the way the dying sun paints the sky with warm colors, and the way the light makes the ice sparkle.

Asher's arm rests around my shoulders, my head leaning on his shoulder.

We've grown closer, a lot closer. I can tell he loves me, but doesn't want to say it yet. I can see the love in his eyes whenever he looks at me in glances he thinks I don't notice. I want to show him that I do care about him, I care a lot, and that I'm sure about wanting to make a relationship between us work. I'm not very good at romance, so I'm not exactly sure what to do.

"Mark me," I blurt out, the words spilling out past my lips before can consider the idea.

Asher looks at me, tilting his head, his eyes hopeful. "Really? Are you sure?"

I bite my lip, quickly thinking over what would happen. It would strengthen our bond, make it permanent, 100% unbreakable. That's fine, I know I want to be with him. It would be harder for us to be apart for long, which might not be the best with the near certainty of a war facing us. But I do want Asher to know I won't have second thoughts on my decision to give him another chance.

I nod, my voice holding a tone of finality, "yeah. I'm sure, Asher. Mark me."

Asher's expression lights up, happiness glittering in his eyes. He kisses me softly, then gently starts trailing kisses down my neck. My hand comes up to lightly tangle in his hair as he finds my sweet spot, a small moan escaping past my lips and causing my face to heat up in embarrassment.

Asher chuckles softly, his breath tickling my skin. "Ready?"

"Ready," I whisper.

He kisses my sweet spot again softly before sinking his canines into my skin. I hiss softly at the pain before it starts to lessen. I can feel our bond growing, more of Asher's thoughts and emotions flowing through to me. I can feel his happiness, his devotion, and his love.

He pulls away, his tongue gently wiping away the few drops of blood that escaped when he marked me.

"I love you, Rei," he whispers, head resting on my shoulder.

I hesitate for a few seconds, then whisper, "I love you too, Asher."

Thatcher's POV
(😉🙃)

"She's gone back," the rogue says.

"I already know she's gone back," I say coolly. "When?"

"Earlier today," she replies.

"And why didn't you tell me then?"

"I wanted to have more info for you," she says, eyes downcast.

"You didn't need to wait," I reply, keeping my voice calm, though anger is bubbling within me. "You already know you aren't alone in spying on her, so you should've come to report as soon as she left that house. My other spy, who by the way is in a much better position to spy on her, already told me she's returned to the pack."

"How am I to know if he's reported? We don't exactly talk to each other," the rogue mumbles.

"What was that?" I ask sharply.

I smirk, knowing I get an excuse to kill.

"Nothing, King," she mumbles, her face turning pale.

"Oh, I don't think it was nothing," I reply, basking in the fear radiating off her. "You were back talking me. You know I don't allow my rogues to even breathe out of line. You know what happens now, right?"

The rogue nods slowly. The fear fills the room, and hangs heavy in the air.

I smirk, and before she can run, I lunge forward, sinking my claws into her stomach. With my other hand, I gently lower her body to the floor, laying her down on the already bloodstained wood, my hand pressing down on her throat to keep her pinned.

Blood bubbles out past her lips, her eyes wide, pain etched across her face. I pull my claws out of her abdomen, making sure to twist my hand to make it more painful. I bring my hand up to my lips, licking off the blood. The taste is a familiar one, one that never fails to remind me of the years of work it took me to get to where I am today.

A soft growl escapes me at the memory. Being born rogue was never easy. Especially after Daring was born. Living in the forest like an animal for the first twelve years of my life made me realize I wanted more. To prove that rogues are not just crazy pack rejects who lost their humanity. We can be so much more. More intelligent, more cunning, more dangerous.

Everyone thinks I just want to cause chaos. Wrong. Chaos is just a fun, necessary step in the path to my goal of taking over the most powerful packs. Carefully planning out the best attacks to draw the Alphas out isn't easy, you know.

I growl again, shaking myself out of my thoughts.

The rogue's eyes gaze at me, terrified and begging for mercy. I love that feeling, the feeling of having something's life resting in my hands, and the feeling of tearing it apart. I'm not on the bottom, and I never will be. Not again.

The wounds from my claws have slowly began to clot, the blood flow being stoppered. Aw, I wanna see more.

I tear my claws through her skin, smiling at the sight if the beautiful crimson pouring from the wounds as the rogue screams in pain. The wounds aren't shallow, but they're not enough that she'll bleed out. I don't want her to die just yet. I'm going to make her death a long and painful one.

It's gonna be so much fun.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

446K 13.4K 49
Cover by @auroralust Available on Goodreads under this title. Every year, wolves of age from around the country attend their Placing Tournament, the...
353K 11.8K 32
[Rejection Series Book 3] "You may be the princess, but you're weak and worthless. I reject you as my mate." My heart shattered and then everything w...
410K 10.4K 41
*Old Version - rewrriten version is being updated weekly/bi-monthly* After years of constant torture and pain, only one thing has kept me going- my m...
3.7M 134K 57
TRAILER IN CHAPTER 1 #1 Memories 10/10/2019 #1 Hurt 27/09/2019 #1 Werewolf 04/07/2019 #1 Blind 09/02/2020 #1 Time 10/06/2020 There are three of them ...