Hustle Anyway: An August Alsi...

By tawanam

After August's oldest brother is murdered. August decides to take a chance and pursue a music career by movin... More

Outchea
ClubX....Party Paradise
Down to Business
To be or Not to?
Deja Vu
Date Night
G Day
Gettin' It
CheckMate
In Da Open
Start of Something
Bish Whet?!
Deal With It
3's A Crowd?
Lotus Flower Bomb
Mauray Typa shit (part 1)
Turn Up!
Turn Down for...Say What??!
Oh Really?
Connect the Dots
Undercover
Signed and Sealed?
Mauray Typa Shit (part 2)
Done Deal?
Just A Note
Double Inked
New Things Comin'

No Love

2.7K 119 9
By tawanam

Aug Pov****

I stood there tryna figure out what the hell had just happened? I thought back on all what Eva had said and one thing stood clear. That muthafuckin check

"Deja" I thought gettin angry.

*****Deja Pov***

"So hoe why u called me auggie when I rang earlier?" My girl Syder asked as I did my makeup.

I smiled slyly.

"Was fucking with this dumb ass bitch over August"

She sucked her teeth. " gurrl we saw how that nigga looked at you at da club the other night. He ont want yo raggedy ass."

She laughed.

I mean mugged her. "Yeah well I made damn sure the bitch that was distractin him dont want his ass either"

I was so damn happy by how it happened. Seeing that bitch called Eva's expression when I told her August was my man was priceless.

"Deja!" Our manager Scott called to me.

"What nigga?" I asked slightly annoyed.

"There's some fool lookin for you out front....I hope you aint stole that nigga's wallet like that last one. This club seen enough drama thanks to yo ass" he said with an attitude.

"Man im coming" I said as I stood up from in front my mirror.

I walked out the dressing room, following Scott to the front.

"Here she is man" scott said. As I saw August turn to look at me with this pissed off look on his face.

"Shittt" I thought to myself.

****August Pov****

"What the fuck did you tell Eva" I half yelled at her.

She stood there looking shocked but then her expression changed.

"Eva? Eva?" She tapped her finger on her temple. "Oh! You mean that bird at the bank?" She smiled.

"Deja dont fuck with me" I said tryna stay calm.

"Ooh but Aug I already did that" she said softly approaching me.

I pushed her away from me. "Yo ass this close to pissing me da FUCK off "

" I simply told the bitch that you wrote me that cheque...i mighta mentioned you were my man too" she spat back.

I grabbed Deja by her shoulders and looked her straight in the eye. "You fuckin lucky I on put my hands on women. But mayb I should since u aint even that...with yo hoe ass! "

She glared at me looking salty as fuck.

"Stay da fuck away from me and mostly dont let me even hear yo ass come close to Eva again." I let go off her and walked out of the strip club.

*************

Three days later

*Eva Pov***

"Your phone is ringing again hun" Anika said to me softly.

"Leave it" I said hugging my pillow, knowing it was August calling again.

He had probably called a hundred times since I last blew up on him but I was too hurt to even hear his voice.

That sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach was still alive and well unfortunately. And just the thought of all what happened between me and August seemed to make it ache more.

Anika sighed, " okay....I dont condone none of what he did.... But I still think you should talk to him"

"About what Anika? His ex girlfriend or his current one?" I snapped at her.

"I on know girl...I just think theres somethin fishy bout this "deja" chick...I mean you did say da hoe had on some pink dusty looking weave! Does that sound like someone Aug would have as his girl??" She questioned me.

Anika made a bit of sense but, I was tired of always looking for some excuse for me to run back and try with August.

" I think its best I just stay away from that boy" I said before grabbing my notes from my desk.

****************

That weekend

*Eva Pov***

"Enjoy the rest of the day" I said politely to my next customer.  Today was a super slow day at work and I kinda wished it wasnt. Every time I got some time to think my mind would wander back to August.

"Hey miss"

"Good evening" I said smiling to my next customer.

"I was wondering if you could help me out at the atm. It dont seem to be reading my credit card" the tall buff man said to me.

I looked to the rest of the line to see only one other person with their head buried in their cellphone.

"Lexi,  ill be right back. He needs some help with his card" I whispered to my coworker.

The tall man smiled at me and gave lexi a quick head nod. He seemed a bit familiar but I wasnt sure if it was because he was a previous customer I dealt with.

"Thanks a lot miss," he said as I lead the way to outside the bank.

"No problem mr...?" I asked.

"Mr hughes" he said following me to the atm.

" aight now mr hughes. Now I hope you arent trying to kidnap me or anything.  The atm has cameras," I said jokingly.

He chuckled. "Nah miss Eva, I on plan on nun a dat"

I raised an eyebrow at him. "I never told you my name though"

"Hey" a soft voice said beside the two of us.

I spun around to see August standing nearby.

****Aug Pov****

As soon as she saw me her confused looked turned to one of anger.

"I knew I had seen you somewhere. " she glared at Chile.

"Im sorry, yung asked for my help. Besides I wanted to meet da pretty young lady dat got him so messed up lately" chile said apologetically.

It was true doe. I wasnt myself lately cause of how things were between me and Eva.

She sighed still looking annoyed. "Well mr hughes-"

"You can call me Chile..." he interrupted with a smile.

"Chile...its nice to meet you but I dont really feel the need to talk to your goon over there" she said before trying to leave.

"Wait wait! Hold up Eva..." I quickly grabbed her arm.

She stopped but didn't look at me in my eyes.

" what do you want with me August?" She said in this low tone.

" look.. I came here to explain to ya dat that broad wit da check the other day aint my girl" I began.

She still wasnt looking at me.

"Eva" I said approaching her, " you know me. I would never do that to you and string you along.."

She looked up at me briefly.

" August, " she said as if it was painful to say my name.

"I just dont think things between us could ever work out" she said with a tear threatening to fall.

"I gotta get back to work," she said.

I rubbed my forehead trying to find some words to let her know I was for real but I didn't have time to.

*Bang! Bang!*

The first couple of shots rang. And I instantly grabbed at Eva.

"Get down man!" I heard chile shout, pushing us away..., while a few more bullets hit the walls behind us.

******eva pov*****

I crouched there with August's arms around me trying to make sense of what happened. Someone was shooting at us!

After the last few bullets rang out I opened my eyes.

"Are you aight???" August asked frantically, looking all over my body. I nodded still in shock.

"Aug" I said sadly as my eyes saw the blood on the ground

******Aug Pov****

Eva looked behind  me with a look of horror on her face. My eyes followed hers to see Chile laying there with his hand on his chest.

I scrambled to my feet, with Eva following behind me.

His hoodie was already soaked while blood began flowing onto the pavement.

"Chile man" I said kneeling on his side.

"August give me your shirt" Eva commanded me.

I looked over at her to see her removing her jacket.

"Hurry" she said with her eyes fixed on chile.

I quickly did as she said and handed it to her.

"We cant allow him to lose too much blood," she said while tying my tshirt across his wound.

"Chile" she said looking into his eyes while tightening the shirt around him. " chile your gonna be fine...just need you to keep talking to Aug"

He nodded, " aug man"

"Im hea' man," I said looking him in his eyes.

"Help me turn his body to the side... we need to keep as much blood near his heart as possible" she whispered to me while Chile slowly spoke to me.

She was so focused in all da mayhem.

"You a soldier man, you aight" I tried to reassure him as we positioned his body so that he was leaning to a side.

As I spoke to him Eva got out her phone and called 911, but da police were already on dere way from da sirens approaching.

**********

*Eva Pov**

After the ambulance arrived they would only allow one person to ride along so I told August to go ahead.

"You gon be aight?" He asked quickly.

"Im fine, the police are here. Go" I hurried him off before the ambulance left without him.

*****3 hours later*****

Aug Pov

Eva came into the ICU waiting room as me, noonie and a couple other friends of Chile sat there.

"How is he?" She asked searching my face for any answers.

"He still in surgery. Doctors aint tell us much so we outchea waiting" I said

She nodded then took a seat nearby as we all returned to sitting there in silence.

It was another 45 minutes before the surgeon came.

"Family of Bradley Hughes" the surgeon asked.

We all instantly stood up

"Thats all of us doctor, " Noonie said as we gathered around.

"Mr hughes lost a lot of blood, thankfully the bullet lodged in his upper shoulder area...so it missed any major arteries or veins" he explained.

"Is he gon be aight?" I asked

"He is in critical but stable condition, should be awake in the morning. We have no reason not to believe that he wont make a full recovery. "

Everyone sighed in relief at those words.

"The EMTs mentioned the turnequet and his body being positioned towards the heart?" The doctor mentioned.

We looked at Eva. "Yeah...I uhh.. I thought that would help" she said softly.

He smiled, "you thought right... his heart was under a lot of pressure. That positioning basically saved his life"

Everyone smiled and a few of da guys gave Eva a small pat on her shoulder.

"She pre med," I said looking over at her

"Really? You'll make a fine doctor one day" and with that the surgeon excused himself.

*******the next morning*******

We had all spent the night in the hospital, just to be sure nothing unexpected happened to Chile.

As I sat watching Eva stir her tea I decided to talk to her.

I made my way up and sat right by her.

"How you doin?" I asked leaning my arms onto my knees.

She sighed. "Been better but good..."

"Thanks for yesterday.  You know, protectin me during the gunshots" she said looking at me.

"Its nothin..." I whispered back.

"Look, I never did get a chance to finish explain everything yesterday, " I began.

"August. Maybe now isn't the place for that" she tried to protest

"Well im sorry but seeing my boy get shot last night further put shit into perspective... cant always be da right time or place, cause we on know where gon be our last time or place" I said.

She sighed as if giving up.

"Imma be honest witchu.  I ended up messing wit deja dat night you were on da date wit Calvin...long befo' that night between us. I was faded and those pics u sent of you and da nigga had me feeling some typa way. "

She looked at me guilty, guess about the photo thing

"But I promiseee you after dat night I realised it was a mistake and cut dat bitch off." I paused

"So what about the check?" She asked seeming more open now

I told her everything,  from how Deja got da check to me confronting her after everything.

"Then there's this Crystal thing..." she mentioned.

"Eva, Crystal is my past. I was with her, she cheated, but what really ate me up inside was dat she had a boyfriend when I got wit her, " I said

Eva looked a little surprised.

"Yeah...I mean dey always say you gon lose da one you love da same way you got dem ..turned out to be true and I felt like karma made me her bitch right there" I chuckled

"Wow," she said

"Yeah and I aint ever told no one dat except right now," I looked into her eyes.

"I was 16 tho, I on even think I knew what love really was...plus shit was goin on between my mama, step pops and I. So I left alladat behind and went back to Nola" I said still looking at her.

"I forgot about her, just dat so called ex best friend of mine dat rubs me da wrong way still"

She laughed at my expression and I smiled back at her.

"August I believe you, and im sorry I didn't give you a chance to explain yourself" she started. "But from day one you knew I was feeling you.  And we just went back and forth, between kissing me, avoiding me, sleeping with me, then acting just like my friend. Its exhausting as hell...."

She was right though. I kept trying to put my music ahead of her,  then taking so long to tell her how I feel.

"I care about you but I also care about myself. And this up and down thing just isn't. .." she shook her head looking down at the floor.

"Good morning yall, mr Hughes is awake. Anyone wanna see him?" A nurse came in and announced to us.

Everyone got up. "Whoa whoa. One at a time people. Now whose goin first?" She said.

We all stopped and looked at each other.

"I think Eva should," noonie finally said.

We looked at him. "I mean she did kinda save our boy's life" he gave her a smile

The others agreed.

"Alright then. Follow me" the nurse said as eva put down her cup and did so.

******************************

End of this chapter

I kno this one kinda short buttt I already start working on the next. So share vote comment! S/o to my new followers and regular readers as well :)

By the way I loveee them comments lol I literally does lol on em so keep it coming!!

Questions for next time

Who do yall think was the shooter?

Were dey aiming for August or Eva? Or just some random drive by?

Do you all think Eva should forgive Auggie?

Let me know por favor!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

183K 4.6K 32
Sierra is a college student in ATL. She is also a video vixen. She has a 6 yr old child & is trying to make it out here on her own as a single mother...
78.8K 2.6K 21
Alana has just moved to Atlanta. Starting a new life leaving behind her troubled past, she meets August a local street hustler with dreams. August ho...
1.8M 68.8K 47
"Losing your virginity hurts like a bitch!" "Nigga broke down my walls..." "I lost feeling in my legs!" "I. Could. Not. Walk. The. Next. DAY!" that i...
763K 40.7K 40
It's been simple for O'Shae; You go to school all your life, get a degree, get a good paying job, kids, a nice home and live out your years in retire...