Not So Fast, Mr. Billionaire...

By ThePsychoMadHatter

**WARNING: THE LAST TEN CHAPTERS HAVE BEEN TAKEN DOWN DUE TO COPYRIGHT ISSUES** ** The Shi... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
SOWYYY
Interview & Sequel Updates
My Protective Billionaire
CRIMINALS//THE TATTOOED BAD BOY
The Greatest Announcement Of All Time!!!
Just for you!
I never expected this!
FREE GOODIES JUST FOR YOU!!!
Do you have questions for Hadley and Xavier?
Even more free stuff just for you!
Hooray for us! <3
Want a secret chapter?
OMG OMG OMG! Best news evAr!!!
TOMORROW
Today is the day!!!!!
It's HERE!
PLEASE READ

Chapter Nine

140K 3.3K 169
By ThePsychoMadHatter

"What do you mean you have to do this!?" Sarina shouted as I stared at the ceiling.

I was now in our room, trying to tell her why I have to marry Xavier, but she wouldn't stop shouting. Xavier and his father left a few minutes ago and Sarina literally dragged me into our room. She then demanded me to tell her everything Xavier and I talked about. I just told her that I have to marry him, but she won't listen.

My eyes followed her as she paced back and forth thinking about a way to get me out of this mess. I know that she hates to see me like this, but I have no choice. I have to marry him. I narrowed my eyes at my twin and sat up on the bed.

"Will you listen to me?" I said not hiding the irritation in my voice.

She stopped pacing and eyed me before sighing and sitting on the bed. I sighed in relief. Having a twin can be a headache sometimes.

"Listen, Sarina. Mr. Rodriguez has heart problems and if I call off this wedding by telling Xavier everything, then he might lose his life. And I can't do that!" I said placing my head in my hands.

I glanced at Sarina. Shock plastered onto her face and her jaw dropped. I rolled my eyes and rubbed my forehead with my thumb and index finger. This was my reaction too, but hey, I'm trying to get over it. I might be just twenty-one, but I know how it feels like to be alone. Maybe Mr. Rodriguez is doing all this so that Xavier doesn't get alone when he's gone. Because I remember when he told me that Xavier never actually looked at a woman in such a way. It has always been business for Xavier. He never had time for himself. I know. My heart broke when I heard all that and I couldn't believe that I had rejected such a man. But then again, I don't like him.

"Now that's a complicated life." Sarina muttered.

I glared at my twin but let out a chuckle anyways. "You got that right." I said. "Hey, you talked to the best man already?" I asked her and she nodded.

"Yeah, I met him yesterday after we had that weird pillow fight. He is so hot!" she said dreamy.

I shook my head and laughed. Sarina glared at me and threw a box of paperclips on me. I rubbed my head where she threw the box on me as I groaned.

"Did you really do that?" I asked annoyed.

"No fucking shit, Sherlock!" she said sarcastically and rolled her eyes as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"Fuck you." I cursed. She giggled and shot me a skeptical look.

"No, that would be just gross." she commented.

I grimaced as I pictured it happening. I don't think I'll be able to get that image out of my head soon. My twin is gross. I faked a shudder and she laughed.

Well, talk about twins...

---

"Twin, where are you? I have to go now!" Sarina yelled.

I rolled my eyes and turned off the shower. Sarina is deaf. You really aren't going to ask me where I am when the shower is running, right? I sighed and wrapped the towel around myself as I looked at myself in the mirror.

I brushed my teeth and put on my clothes. "Ugh, where are you!? I need your help with something!" she shouted again.

I rolled my eyes once again and walked out of the bathroom. Sarina was holding two white dresses that are supposed to be hers, I assume. I walked over to her and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Why do you need my help?" I sighed.

She glanced at me and grinned. "I need you to choose me one of these dresses. And I also want you to choose what color your bouquet should be." she said.

"I think you should take that one." I gestured to the white dress with flowers over the shoulder. She smiled and nodded in conformation. "And I think I want a bouquet with red and white roses." I said and she nodded again.

I lay on the bed and watched Sarina placing the dress carefully in the walk-in closet. She walked over to her desk and grabbed her purse, laptop, and car keys. She looked at me and smiled.

"I have to go now. I'll be home by ten. Should I drop you somewhere? Because I don't want you to stay here with these people." she said concerned.

I smiled and nodded. "No, I don't think that's necessary. I think I'll stay here." I assured her.

She looked at me one more time before saying a final goodbye and walking out of the door. I locked the door and turned on the TV with a bag of chips in my hand.

I couldn't help but think about Xavier and Mr. Rodriguez. I know that what's happening now is bad, but it still feels so right. I don't know if it's just me, but I find it so weird how Mr. Rodriguez just knew me for a couple of days and just came to my house with an alliance.

What is the reason behind all this? How am I making him happy without even doing anything? Yeah, it's true that Xavier is quite a hot guy, but I don't think I'll be able to accept him as something more than a friend.

You are stupid. My inner voice said. Okay, this had to happen now. Just great, I'm getting stupid now. I sighed and carried on watching some TV shows until I fell asleep.

---

All I need is a little love in my life....

I heard the song blasting so loud and so close that my eardrums were about to explode. I shot up and bumped into someone who was sitting on the bed. The person fell on the ground with a thump and I looked at the person with a worried expression.

I laughed as Sarina groaned and stood up rubbing her head. She glared at me until even I fell off the bed and she started laughing. I glared at my twin and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Well, that was a good morning." she said still laughing.

That made me glare harder. Wait, what did she just say? Is it morning already!? How did it happen so fast? I glanced at the clock and saw that it was just seven in the morning. I groaned and jumped back on the bed.

It's just seven in the morning and Sarina decided to just go ahead and ruin my beauty sleep!? She's going to pay for this, but just let me sleep and I'll deal with her once I'm awake.

I buried my face in my pillow and my eyes were so close to closing and falling asleep, when Sarina started jumping on the bed, making me bounce automatically. I groaned and glared at her. This girl seriously has nothing to do than waking me up and annoying the shit out of me at seven in the morning. Is she fucking insane!?

I grabbed her ankle and pulled it towards me so she falls on the bed. Instead, she bounced of the bed and landed on the ground face first. I started laughing and clutching onto my stomach.

"This is the worst morning ever." she mumbled under her breath. However, it was loud enough for me to hear it.

It certainly is an extremely good morning. Note the sarcasm. Now the phrase 'Karma is a bitch' makes sense to me. Well, I owe you dear karma. I glanced at Sarina and she smiled at me sweetly.

That just made me realize how close we are now. A few weeks ago, we were so far away –so distanced, and hated each other for no particular reason, but here we are now, not being able to live without each other.

It's funny how things can change so fast. One moment you're in the corner of your room, sobbing because you have no one to love you, and then you have another moment when you just have so many people who love you, that you just don't know how to thank God enough for all the happiness you get.

Well, from all the experience I've had since the day I was born, I sure have learned something.

You should just appreciate what you have now, than ask for more and getting nothing later.

---

That was it.

I'm so happy that I have so many reads already! I seriously thought that this story is a load of crap, but now you people are making me more excited for this story.

I have a question though.

What do you people think about Hadley marrying Xavier? Is it a great idea, or should I change it?

Well, that wasn't one question, but yeah... whatever. Goodbye awesome people!

-vote

-comment

-follow

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

645K 18.8K 42
"Xavier, are you out of your mind? You can't hit anyone you want." I tried to pull him away from the guy. With his temper, he might send him to the h...
1.6K 64 19
"Stay away from me, don't talk to me except if it is about my son or about something very important. And lastly don't fall in love with me" he said "...
22.3K 2.9K 159
Book 4 of "Destined To Be" ------ ❝Pioneering the art of constructing love, my Kanmani.❞ Xavier teased her skin, slowly caressing her cheeks and her...
378K 14K 47
So what you think Xavier would do now? Like me you people would have read many stories in which hero is the one to trap the woman he wants in a marri...