Love on his sleeves: College...

By JayCourageous

Book #2 - Book #1 is "Love On His Sleeves: New Beginnings" Jonathan Brooks is a young, gay, hopeless romantic... More

Main Characters
Unexpected Guest
FDOC
Its Positive
Back Home
Potential
WTF
Games
Fourth Degree
Recovery

College Cookout

195 7 0
By JayCourageous

Yo... Jonathan! Look bro you need to snap out of it. When I told our moms that I would take you under my wing, I didn't mean I would give you my shoulder to cry on all year. Clarence said walking into the living room with a white tank top and ripped jeans on. I only know what you've told me, but the dude messed up, so you made the best decision for you...

Now look, we have this cookout happening and...

Clarence stopped talking and looked at his watch and sighed.

It's happening right now and that means we're late. Bro come on, I'll find you some new dick to lay under. He pauses and Jonathan turns over and looks at him. Clarence shook his head, and says I can't believe I just said that.

They both bust out laughing, and Jonathan stands up from the couch and wipes the dried up tears off his face and smiles. Thank you I needed that laugh, and thank you for being here, it means a lot. And I'll try to not be a Debbie Downer at the cookout.

As for your offer to find me another dick to lay under, I'll pass...

Shrugging his shoulders, Clarence starts walking towards the front door. Alright, I guess I won't tell you Lorenzo been asking about you. But if you want to stay in your parents house moping around instead of being on campus like a normal freshman would, then so be it.

Jonathan got up and rolled his eyes. First of all I'm not moping around. I just... I don't have to explain myself to you. Let's go before we are any more late.

Clarence chuckled and replied, he ain't gone be there though...

"Shut up Clarence!!! Let's go!" Jonathan yelled walking to the car. Clarence laughed and shook his head.

Is Imani and Antwan coming?

Idk I haven't seen them today, or all week. Hell the month...

Why? Clarence asked confused.

Because when I look at them I'm reminded of that trip and him... so I've been avoiding them. I miss them but idk Clarence.. let's just not talk about it.

Cool... well I invited them. Had I known I wouldn't have.

Jonathan started laughing and threw his head back on the headrest.

I'm not taking you back home... Clarence said while driving through traffic.

Clarence please... just be quite, Jonathan said rolling his eyes.

When they arrived at the cookout, people were entering the Alpha house in waves. Clarence's looked over at Jonathan and sighed.

What, Clarence? Jonathan asked annoyed. Clarence licked his lips and shook his head.

Man look, you being in this funk is understandable but your going to have to breath man. I mean damn, you know how many people would kill to come to a party with me as arm candy.

Jonathan rolled his eyes and busted out laughing. Clarence you're so annoying get out the car.

As they entered the party, Jonathan immediately made eye contact with Imani and she gave him a one over glance and turned back to the groups of girls she was talking about. Clarence leaned down into his head and said, "just try to enjoy yourself, iight? And then patted him on the back.

When he walked off Jonathan glanced down at his phone and walked toward the kitchen when he bumped into Lorenzo.

Oh shit.. my ba...  oh hey! He said smiling and Lorenzo smiled back.

What's up homie, I haven't seen you since Clarence and I helped you move your things into your dorm. Which you're never at might I ask.

And how would you know that Lorenzo, Jonathan asked smirking. You keeping tabs on me or something, he said with raised eyebrows.

Nah never that, it's just Clarence mentioned it and I'd admit I was curious, Lorenzo said placing his hand on the wall behind Jonathan.

Why?
Because I just want to make sure you ain't running around here with none of these ain't shit dudes. Lorenzo said leaning into Jonathan.

I've honestly only been hanging with Clarence. Jonathan said chuckling. And Lorenzo subtlety said mmhmm under his breath, but jonathan heard it. But didn't say anything, and made a note to keep that in his back pocket.

But I'm not into the jealous types Lorenzo...

Jealous... haha I'm not jealous but when I see something I want I'm sure to make it known.

Well I'm sorry, I wasn't the wiser of such a thing, sir.

Jonathan laughed and softly patted Lorenzo's cheek winking as he walked away.

Once jonathan walked away, Clarence walked up to Lorenzo and started laughing in his face.

Bro ain't shit funny, why you laughing? He asked squinting his eyes and shaking his head.

Bruh you just got swerved, that's what's funny and plus you gotta step your game up. Clearly it's not working. Yeah that's because he's caught up with your ass.

Nigga what you mean he caught up with me Clarence asked with a confused face. Bruh I'm not gay.

Yeah, but y'all spend a lot of time together and he ain't checking for me that's all.

Yo whatever Clarence replies back. And plus I told your ass already that he likes you. Your ass just don't have no game, it's simple. And nigga Jonathan is my friend. Hell I ain't gay!

I hope not, Imani said walking up towards them. Clarence chuckled and said what's up. She smiled at them and punched Lorenzo in the chest.

Girl don't play with me he said, taking her drink and finishing it.

Clarence modded his head and said he was out and headed to the back of the house. Imani followed him and pushed him into a open room and slammed the door.

Yo... wtf... he said and she told him to shut up and jumped on him and they started kissing, as Clarence grabbed then squeezed her ass. She moaned and he sat her down on a dresser and in between kisses she said, I missed you.

I missed you too, he said back pulling of his shirt to show his chest and abs. She played with his belt buckle and he smirked. And before the could do anything else the door opened, and Jonathan caught them in action. They looked guilty and shocked that he saw them and he just closed the door and walked away. Imani hurried to fix her bra back together under her shirt and Clarence looked at her and asked what she was doing, and she shook her head, I'm getting dressed, Jonathan just saw us... she said with a wtf face.

And.... he asked with the same look. She pushed him off of her and she replied, "I can't do this right now. I'll call you later, or you call me since I haven't heard from YOU. Walking out of the room she turned and gave him a look, before closing the door.

Walking through the house she looks for Jonathan and can't find him anywhere, but she ran into Antwan talking to a couple of people they met at a Black Student Union meeting. They smiled at each other and she asked if he'd seen Jonathan and he nodded behind her and there he was talking to the white Kappa, that everyone hated silently.

She walked towards him and Antwan was confused so he followed behind and was shocked by what she said.

"What you saw I can explain." Jonathan gave a confused face and said, you don't have to explain anything to me Imani. Antwan stepped in and said yeah, you're the one that needs to do explaining, avoiding us for nearly a month. I gave you your space because I wanted to respect you, but don't give her sass when she is apologizing. For what I don't know but you need a reality check.

Rolling his eyes jonathan stepped back and looked at his friends. A reality check, he asked. Umm I think that's exactly what I got last month." Jonathan stood there waiting for a response and they just stood shaking there heads.

He laughed and walked away. Imani yelled, Jonathan you need to stop running away, and face us. The same shit that happened to you happened to us, let's not pretend that it didn't. The only difference is...

What Imani, what's the difference? Jonathan asked angrily. There is no difference Jonathan... Antwan said interjecting.
Clarence walked up and asked what was happening, and Jonathan shook his head and said, "take me home!" Actually matter of fact ask her why she's apologizing. Derek can you take me home please.

Oh hell naw... I ain't letting you go out like that. You ain't riding home with no kappa especially not this kid, Clarence said putting his hand in front of Derek.

No.... let him go Imani said, flaring her nose. Jonathan shook his head and walked off and Clarence followed after him. When they got outside, Clarence grabbed him by the arm and turned him around. "Yo what the fuck was that shit?"

Clarence you invited them and you knew I wasn't talking to them, and you could have told me y'all were doing whatever y'all is doing. I don't care. But that's what I hate about this situation, and why I need a break from the people in my life, because they have these hyper perceptions of me, that put me on a high horse, and it's annoying and unfair. They always think I'll think the worse of a situation or them. And I... I just want to go home, he said about to cry.

Imani walked outside and saw Jonathan in Clarence arms crying and she stood there and watched as they got in the car. Her thoughts were going a mile a minute and she became upset and left the party too.

Meanwhile Antwan was still in the house trying to understand what was just happened. He got a text from none other than Tee and saw that he was pulling up to the party and to come outside. Its the weekend and he planned to spend it with him. When he got outside he saw Tee smiling and hop out the car. He laughed and when they reached each other, Tee lifted him up and twirled him around.
You love making me feel like a bitch don't you, Antwan asked rolling his eyes. My bitch Tee replied, and received a smack to the back of his head.

Ouch, that shit actually hurt. What up though, where's Imani? Have you spoken to Jonathan?

Antwan shrugged his shoulders and said, I haven't seen Imani in a minute actually, we were here together. And yeah Jonathan actually came with Clarence but they left. We all kind of got into an argument.

Tee laughed and pulled out of the parking lot. So I was thinking we'd actually drive back to Charlotte instead of going back to my place at school.

Really? Antwan asked with a long sigh. That's a drive I'm not mentally prepared for, he said rolling his eyes. Yeah I mean, when's the last time you'e been home anyway? Tee asked smiling, and rubbing Antwan's hand.

If I asked you that question you'd say three day ago Tee. But whatever, don't expect a talkative road trip buddy. I will be sleep for the next three hours.

Whatever big head, Tee said laughing. The next three hours they road down to Charlotte from Chapel Hill, rapping and singing along to a playlist Tee made for Antwan.

When they finally arrived to Charlotte the first stop they made was to a Cookout and when they went into the restaurant they saw Samir and Tee and him clapped up and caught up. But Antwan rolled his eyes and started walking to go order his food, when Tee grabbed his arm and brought him back in.

Damn baby you can't speak, Tee asked looking at Antwan. Antwan looked at Samir who looked sad, disappointed and unsure.

Hey Mir, how are you? Antwan asked pinching Tee's back.

I'm good bro, you look good. But look I'm not going to hold y'all I know how it is. But Tee when you get free time come by the shop we got stuff to take care of. Tee nodded and they said their goodbyes.

When Samir left, Antwan pushed passed Tee following Samir out the door and started walking off. Tee ran after him and got a smack to the face.

Nigga, that's your last time putting your hands on me, what's wrong with you? Tee asked looking at an angry Antwan.

Antwan's facial expression was hurt and he couldn't believe the situation. He was at a lost for words.

MY GUY TALK!!!

I can't believe you Tee, your still doing that bullshit? Huh after telling me and convincing me that you would leave that illegal shit alone. I'm not about to deal with you, and be bobo the fool. Hell no! Maybe Jonathan is right!

Right... right about what? Nigga do you not trust me? And wtf you listening to Jonathan about our relationship for? I'm not in that shit Ant. You can't trust me?

Shaking his head Antwan shoved Tee. Idk should I. Huh should I what reason do I have to believe when you and that dude put me and my friends in that crazy ass situation.

Now Jonathan's not taking to us, me! Because he doesn't want to fall back into some trap involving Samir. I just...

YO! He was talking about the clothing store, that's it. If you want to come through with me, then please come. Baby I'm not lying to you. I told you when I got back here that I was done and couldn't loose you. I care about you, hell I'm falling for you. I'm not going to jeopardize you and your safety ever again.

I know I gave you reason to not trust me then but baby I'm telling you the truth it's just about the store. If you don't want me to go I fucking won't!!!

Confused and not wanting to make the wrong decision, Antwan just fell into Tees arms as he wrapped them around him.

Samir watched on in his car and held back tears. He started his car and headed to Chapel Hill uncertain of what was about to happen.

Back in Chapel Hill

Clarence pulled into his apartment building and looked over at Jonathan leaning on the window sleep. Yo bruh wake up, he said tapping his shoulder.

When Jonathan woke up, he looked confused. Why didn't you take me back to my house, he asked with an attitude. Clarence I'm serious I want to go home I'm not in the mood to be in people faces right now.

Man chill Jon, Clarence said shaking his head. I figured you didn't want to be alone and I'm not staying over your house I got shit to do here early tomorrow morning. So let go upstairs and you can cry on my shoulders for 5 MINUTES TOPS!

Jonathan laughed and cried at the same time and said thank you. When they got inside they got inside and sat in the couch. Clarence asked him what's going on and the floodgates poured in. He wrapped his arms around Jonathan and let him cuddle up to him.

He listened and gave feedback and sat back shocked at all Jonathan told him. Eventually Jonathan cried himself to sleep and Clarence nodded off too.

What they didn't expect was an unannounced guest. Imani opened the door with a key Clarence gave her and she saw them laying together. Shocked and stuck in her tracks, so much went through her mind and then something took over her and she picked a book up from the coffee table and threw it at them. Jonathan woke up, and realized he was laid up on Clarence and sighed.

Imani then through another book and he got up and threw it back. And then she screamed and charged at him. Clarence then woke up and freaked.

Imani, what the hell, what's wrong with yall, STOP! He yelled trying to figure out what exactly to do. All while they were shoving each other. Imani pushes jonathan but he pulled her in to him and they fell over the couch and started tussling on the ground.

YO... wtf is y'all doing? Clarence asked picking up Imani and holding her like a duffle bag. Jonathan stands up and huffs and puffs and Imani yells for him to put her down.

Fuck you and definitely fuck you! She said looking at Clarence with disgust in her face.

Imani what are you mad about Clarence asked frustrated. She shoved him and looked at the both of them. Don't play me like I'm stupid. You fucking my best friend and me nigga what do you think this is. Your full of shit telling me one thing and clearly doing another, she said pointing at Jonathan. And he laughed and shook his head.

I don't have time for this bullshit, Jonathan said walking past them to the door.

Oh you got time today, Imani said blocking his way. Were supposed to be best friends, hell your supposed to be my brother and you just block me out of your life like that. Hell if you would have been half the friend I thought you were you would have known about us. But NO! Your selfish ass only thinks and cares about yourself, and you ended up fucking with my man. Imani shook her head and started crying.

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?! Jonathan yelled. I'm not fucking him, were just friends he yelled pointing from him to Clarence. And how dare you make this be about me being selfish. Yeah we may have gone through that experience together. Yeah we may have all been lied to. And you and Antwan were able to deal with it in your own way, COOL. That's fine and dandy. But you weren't fucking nan one of those niggas to understand the hurt and betrayal I felt from what Samir did to me. I love.. d him. Jonathan said crying. And he played me for something opposite of intelligent. And yeah Antwan and Tee had a thing but they weren't together nor was there relationship as serious as Samir and I. So yeah, I needed to separate myself from the whole situation, because IM hurting. And you talk about a friend, how many times have you came over here to check on me. How many times have you called to ask me if I was okay. And that bullshit you sent me that I kindly declined doesn't count. My life has shifted and I deserve time to adjust. So fuck all that bullshit. If I'm selfish so be it! Fuck what anyone has to say about it, NOW MOVE!

Imani stood their taking everything he said in. And Clarence thought about running after Jonathan but stayed with Imani.

Yo... Ni Ni, you good he asked using her nickname he gave her. She just stood there and a lone tear fell from her face and he kept trying to get her attention but failed. He shook his head and walked out of the apartment to find Jonathan. He saw him sitting on a bench on his phone.

Hey bro, you good? I didn't know where you left to. Jonathan looked up to see Clarence walking up looking awkward. Then he turned back to his phone, and said he was calling an Uber.

Why didn't you tell me you and Imani had a thing? Jonathan asked with an attitude.

Clarence sighed and then sat down. Well for starters it began as us just hooking up so it was really nothing. But I eventually started liking her and then we started getting serious. And I didn't say anything because I knew y'all wasn't talking so I didn't want to make things awkward.

Jonathan laughed and said, "you mean like know." Why am I always left and the dark about everything. Does no one think I can handle anything. He started shaking his head and as his uber pulled up he began to stand and Clarence pulled him back down.

Look Jonathan, I got love for you, you're starting to feel like the brother I never had, and I respect you I just didn't want you to get upset. And maybe if you would have let your wall down just a little you would see that Imani was trying. She just didn't know how. Y'all went through something that was crazy as hell. So there's no playbook on how to handle it. Give her and Antwan some slack. You deserve it and so do they.

We will see... he said getting up to get in his ride. They hugged and Clarence went back inside to find Imani walking out the bathroom after getting herself together.

I'm going to head back to my dorm, she said gathering her stuff and walking past him. He grabbed her arm and pulled their bodies together. You really think I would hurt you.

She shook her head and closed her eyes to keep from crying. Anything can happen when two of the people I trust the most appear to be fucking me over. But I get it y'all aren't messing around. I overreacted, but I'm not apologizing for it. I'm upset and I just need to be alone.

Clarence sighed and placed his chin on her head. You can trust me, and I told you the day I told you I like you that I wouldn't hurt you like that. And you should believe that. And I'm not accepting you leaving this apartment tonight. So you gone need to get un-mad here...

He lifted her chin and placed a kiss on her lips and walked into the kitchen to start cooking dinner. And Imani stood there trying to figure out how she'll get her best friend back.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

638 13 5
After Argyle picks up on Jonathan's feelings for him, things take an unexpected turn for them both. They start dating! As much as they enjoy their n...
210K 7.6K 22
[COMPLETED] -Robert- An unsocial young business man who seems like he has nothing better to do other than have absolutely no interest in people who...
645 20 12
(A LITTLE BIT MORE TWISTED THAN YOUR NORMAL BOY NEXTDOOR STORY) Max wakes one morning to discover that he has a new neighbor and their par...
31.7K 1.1K 25
Jaylin just got out of college and moved to San Francisco, California, trying to start a new life, escaping his past in New York. Looking for a job...