Ball Without You - A LaMelo B...

By barbie_tingzzzzzzzzz

Aonani Carter and LaMelo Ball's families have been neighbors since birth. They are extremely close to each ot... More

•SYNOPSIS•
•DISCLAIMER•
•CAST•

•CHAPTER 1•

926 27 9
By barbie_tingzzzzzzzzz

                  Chino Hills High School                          12:30 pm
                       May 1, 2019

"Melo!"
My girlfriend Ashley continued to yell trying to regain my attention.

I was deep in my thoughts about my situation .It wasn't always like this you know.. I used to see Nani as a little sister. I've always tried to protect her and I've always looked out for her but I never expected to feel anything like this for her. I can't help but notice how beautiful she is. I've always known she was pretty but it's like now that I feel this way about her she just walks around glowing with every detail noticeable. I wanted to tell her how I felt but I know she only see's me as her best friend. Plus I have a girlfriend. Ashley is cool and all but I don't see her in my future. She is too demanding for me every second of every day she wants to be with me and sometimes I just need my space. She hates it when I play video games with my friends and she just complains too much. Aonani is the complete opposite I can picture her in my future. She isn't demanding at all she just wants to hang out anywhere and do anything. She's not always in my face because she has other friends. Nani doesn't mind when I play video games sometimes she asks to join. She's actually pretty good at them too but not better than me because I am the best. She was just so sweet and laid back. Nani always brought happiness wherever she travelled. She was the light in any room no doubt. A true meaning to her name. Aonani- Beautiful Light. I finally snapped back into reality with Ashley.

"Sorry babe I barely got any sleep last night. I'm just so tired" I lied putting my hand on her thigh.

I know Ashley and this would only make the lie go through one ear and out the other. She craved attention and she loved it when I touched her. She just nodded putting her hand on top of mine continuing her lunch. After about forty-five more minutes it was time for Chemistry class. Luckily Ashley had Gym which was all the way on the other side of the school so I had time to walk alone... well, I thought I would be walking alone until I saw Nani and Nicole heading in the same direction as me. I quickly sped up making small conversation with the two before walking into class. Mr.Phillips decided to switch lab partners today and he placed me and Nani together. This had it's benefits because she was really smart and I got to talk to her all hour because we got assigned a paper. The school day went by faster than expected. I walked to Ashley's locker so we could go home. She wanted me to hold her hand but it made me feel weird. I don't feel the same connection we used to have. I love Ashley, at least I think I love her. I don't know what has been happening lately. We made it to my car and I drove her home. I walked into my house and saw Alan and my dad talking about the release of lady baller wear. I ran upstairs and laid on my bed staring at the ceiling litening to She's Mine Part 1 by J. Cole and the lyrics were really speaking to me about Nani.
(The underlined parts are the lyrics he relates to)

I never felt so alive, I never felt so alive
I never felt so alive (I never felt so alive)
Catch me, don't you
Catch me, don't you catch me
I've fallen in love for the first time
I wanna cry and I ain't even tryna fight it
Don't wanna die (I don't wanna die no more)
'Cause now you're here
And I just wanna be right by your side
On any night that you be crying baby
I'll dry your eyes, I'll dry your eyes
Every time you go to sleep you look like you in Heaven
Plus the head game is stronger than a few Excedrin
You shine just like the patent leather on my new 11's
You read me like a book like I'm the Bible, you the Reverend
And, I wanna tell the truth to you
I wanna talk about my days as a youth to you
Exposing you to all my demons and the reasons I'm this way
I would like to paint a picture, but it'll take more than a day
It would take more than some years to get all over all my fears
Preventing me from letting you see all of me perfectly clear
The same wall that's stopping me
From letting go and shedding tears
From the lack of having father, and the passing of my peers
While I'm too scared to expose myself
It turns out, you know me better than I know myself
Better than I know myself, well how about that?
She gets him, you get me
She hugs him, you kiss me
You tell me, you miss me
And I believe you, I believe you
She gets him, you get me
She hugs him, you kiss me
You tell me, you miss me
And I believe you, I believe you
Catch me, don't you
Catch me, don't you catch me
I've fallen in love for the first time

I heard a knock on my door soon after the song was over. I opened it to see Nani standing there with her book bag. I completely forgot about our Chemistry assignment. I stepped to the side allowing her to walk in. I instantly looked at her hips swaying from left to right as she walked to sit on my bed. I closed the door and sat down beside her turning my speaker on. I played R&B music and started to scroll on Instagram. Nani was getting the stuff together for our assignment and when she was done she exclaimed "done!" with a small smile. A cute smile. she started explaining what we had to do but I couldn't focus all I could do was stare at her. The way her lips separated when she spoke, the way she looked down at her wrist while she spoke, the way her hair was pushed behind her right ear. She was perfect. I just didn't know if she would ever give me a chance.

"What's up with you Melo?" Aonani asked concerned

I sat up and looked at her  " I don't think I should be with Ashley anymore." I confessed to her

"Why not?"she asked putting her hand on mine

"I don't feel the same connection with her. I also started developing feelings for someone else and recently they've been getting stronger." I say looking into her eyes hoping she would take the hint.

"I think you should talk to Ashley about your feelings and try to restore feelings because she might be your future. Don't give up until you are absolutely sure about things." she said giving me a small smile.

She didn't take the hint but it was okay I just nodded and we finished our paper. It was around 6:00 pm so we decided to play 2K19. We played so much many intense games when we finally looked at the time it was 1:30 am. We were both tired of playing the game so we watched Black Panther on Netflix. I looked over to see Nani sleeping. I put the cover over her and got comfortable soon falling asleep.

Aonani's POV

I woke up in Melo's room it was 4:00 am I was too tired to go home so I just took my jeans off and got back in the bed pulling the covers over half of my body. I felt an arm wrap around my waist and pull me closer. I didn't mind because it felt nice but also I didn't have the energy to try and escape Melo's hold. I soon fell back asleep. It was morning time and i was laying on Melo's chest. I didnt want to get up so I closed my eyes until Gelo walked in with his phone recording us yelling "WAKE UP MELO!!!" he looked suprised when he saw me. I shot up telling him to delete it and he nodded smiling. He asked me why I slept over and I explained what happened. He exited leaving me there with a sleeping Melo. I quickly put my pants on before waking him up. When I was sure he was up I left and went home to shower fix my hair and get dressed. I got in my car and drove to starbucks and got my usual order, a Caramel Frappe. I got to school and walked to my locker. Everyone was looking at me. I just ignored it and headed to the media center. I walked up to Nicole and Ajeya and sat with them. They just gave me this weird look as if they were expecting me to tell them something. I just giggled and asked why they were looking at me. Ajéya pulled out her phone and showed me LiAngelo's Snapchat it was the video of Melo and I he took this morning. The video I swore I told him to delete. The caption was "Oop besties gone rouge" with a laughing emoji. My anxiety started kicking in. I knew Gelo had thousands of viewers on Snapchat and so many people could've saw that video and I didn't want anyone to perceive me in anyway that wasn't true. Everything around me began to get cloudy and I couldn't breathe. Soon enough I blacked out.
LaMelo's POV
I was in the media center when I heard Ajéya and Nicole scream after a loud thud. I ran over to see Nani out cold in the ground. I didn't even think twice picking her up in one swift motion making my way to the nurses office. Ajéya and Nicole followed me to the nursers office and quickly explained what had happened. I was furious with Gelo mainly because it was an invasion of privacy on Nani"s part. I called him and told him to take it down so nobody else could see it but it's not like hundreds of people haven't screen recorded it already. He took it down but I knew Nani was still going to be upset. Then I thought about Ashley seeing it. Fuck! I couldn't focus on that right now I just had to make sure Nani was okay. I looked at the nurse while she tended to Nani atempting to wake her. She put a cold towel on her forehead and waited for a response. Nani soon shot up rubbing her forehead. She asked me to take her home and I did just that. We were pulling up to her house when she turned and faced me saying "Thank you Melo, I really appreciate everything you do for me." she smiled and I kissed her on her cheek saying "Anything for my best friend." She sat there blushing. We got out and went up to her room. I sat at her desk and played with a pen while she went into the bathroom to change into her comfortable clothes. I got an Instagram notification letting me know that she posted. I left a comment and watched her walk back in the room sitting down at the foot of her bed. Nani was sitting quietly with her head in her hands and a sad expression on her face. I pulled her into a hug slowly rocking her back and forth and she just broke down. I let her cry into my chest as I ran my fingers through her hair and told her everything would be okay. She looked up at me and I wiped her tears just looking at her afterwards. "I love you Melo" Nani said in a slight whisper. "I love you too Nani" I said pulling her closer. After a while she got up and laid back on her bed. I soon followed her staring at the ceiling thinking. I sat up and pulled Nani on top of me hugging her again telling her how sorry I was for LiAngelo's actions. She looked at me and told me it wasn't my fault. We just looked at each other when suddenly I had the urge to kiss her. I did just that and suprisingly she kissed me back. Maybe my chances weren't zero.....

That's all for now guys hope you enjoyed it and tune in for new updates weekly.
Maybe sooner thats to be determined.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.2K 131 21
Just a slutty whore who needs to get all her thoughts and feelings on a page. Loves being submissive to her dom daddy 🧎‍♀️ DISCORD- jessieleihuyg8t...
270K 6.2K 58
❝ i loved you so hard for a time, i've tried to ration it out all my life. ❞ kate martin x fem! oc
95.7K 2.5K 35
A little AU where Lucifer and Alastor secretly loves eachother and doesn't tell anyone about it, and also Alastor has a secret identity no one else k...
41.8K 1.4K 18
18 year old Ymir grew up on the outskirts of a small Romanian village. On her 18th birthday she sought out to run away from home when things haven't...