The Gentleness Behind The Flo...

By EXOLSONES

"I'm so close but I keep a distance from you, don't worry about losing. Staying behind your back is gentler t... More

~Cast~
~The Light~
~The Opposite Attracts~
~The Protector Behind Her~
~The Meeting~
~The Smiles~
~The Swan~
~The Chance~
~The Misunderstanding~
~The Necklace~
~The Caring Friend~
~The Goodbyes~
~The Unfit Presence~
~The Beauty of Paris~
~The Feeling of A Shadow~
~The Farewell~
~The New Me~
~The New Interest~
~The Forbidden Kiss~

~The Decision~

34 2 0
By EXOLSONES

Jasmine's P.O.V.

The time has come... The time when I needed to make my decision, either to stay here and be their puppet for my whole life or if I'm going to leave and finally try to reach my dreams. Eversince I was young all I wanted to be was a lawyer, that was why when I got to be a model in Paris, I used that chance the study law as well. But now I needed to complete my study and that will only happen if I go back to Paris...

"Are you okay? You seem dazed" Mom asked, I realized that she was actually still with me inside my room. She was admiring me, love was found in her eyes as she also got worried when I suddenly became unresponsive.

"I'm fine, I was just thinking about many things"

"You should enjoy the party, it's your day" She muttered... but I couldn't help but not to worry... I know what I'm going to do is a big decision that I will have to make..

A big decision where many people might not understand me but will be very meaningful for me. A big decision where I might get someone hurt, someone who had clearly expressed his feelings to me, someone that I had alresdy given a chance by spending that night with him... And now here I am, wanting to leave, wanting to reach my dreams that will surely break his heart...

I felt like a monster. A monster that is thinking only of herself, a selfish woman who already had given the man a chance to prove how much he loves her, giving him the thought that maybe they will be more in the future... but here I am, making a decision, wanting to leave him for all my selfish reasons... I shouldn't have given him the chance, I shouldn't have spent that night with him...

Because after everything we've done, I am planning to leave him...

A knock on the door brought me back to reality, both mom and I's attention turned to the door and found Angeline Tan, the stage director we hired for my party today, she was the head designer of the whole place and also was the one who helped us create Darren and I's dance for tonight. She smiled when she saw me and greeted me and my mom before walking towards us, carrying a notebook.

"Ms. Jasmine, I will just be informing you about the flow of the party"

"I'll see you later okay? You look so beautiful" Mom excused herself, getting up from the couch and heading towards the door. She looks really happy to see me today, she looks more excited because she didn't know what was going in my head, but sooner or later I know how much she's going to hate me...

"We will present you as you walk down from the stairs, Mr. Darren will be waiting for you and then you will dance with him. After the dance you will need to cut the cake and present a few speeches"

Few speeches means I will finally be revealing my decision, I talked to Angeline earlier to inform me about the flow of the party so that I will be able to calm myself and to make myself ready to tell everyone what my decision is... I still have a few more minutes... but I think I've already made my decision... I wouldn't back out.

"Okay, thank you. I'll see you later"

"Yes Ms. Jasmine, please get ready in 5"

Angeline left me inside the room to let me mentally prepair myself, once I realized that I was calm, I slowly walked towards the start of the stairs. Noises and applauses were heard and I immediately saw Darren waiting for me at the end of the staircase, he was wearing the white tux I picked for him and the purple tie that clearly matches my gown. His very wide smile makes me feel a bit weary, knowing that my decision will solely and purely affect him more than anyone else.

"And now, we present you, the birthday celebrant Ms. Jasmine Sun"

I slowly made my way downstairs and the first thing that greeted me was the bright lights that were all focused on me, good thing Darren was already at the end of the stairs and I was looking down due to the blinding lights. He stretched his arms, asking me for a dance, I slowly held his hand as he pulled my body closer to his.

"You look beautiful" He muttered then the music played, soon we started dancing, following all the steps we practiced earlier but it was more of a sway since we are talking more.

"You always say that"

"Then you're gorgeous" I broke into a series of laughter but it was only for a few minutes since I didn't want to appear very unladylike before all of the visitors here.

"Stop hanging around with the playboys will you? The seduction virus infected you too"

"Why? Are you being seduced?" A mischievous yet serious expression crossed his face, I honestly don't know what he's planning to do but with that smile... maybe it's something weird and I need to get ready.

"What if I say I am? What will you do"

"This" I bit back a scream when Darren made me drop, I really felt as if I was going to fall but his arms managed to keep me in place before I could scream or might as well yell profanities at this guy. That part was never in the dance! It wss supposed to be twirls only and no drops!

"I'm really going to get mad at you if you do that again" I spoke once he already put me back in my feet, he was smiling cheekily and is almost wanting to do his craziness again.

"But they seemed to enjoy it so maybe-"

"I hate you" I threw a glare at him which made him laugh for a moment.

"Hate is a strong word princess"

"I agree, when that word comes to me my mind immediately comes to Dylan and Scarlet"

The mention of that name suddenly seemingly made Darren's smile falter, he kept a serious look but never looked away from my eyes... maybe I hit a nerve, knowing that I am pushing him to be with Scarlet again.

"Why? Jealous of them?" I asked, trying to sound happy, teasing him... but in fact I was actually feeling bad, that I am pushing him away when I had already fallen in love with him as well....

"I already told you that you are the one I want, not her or anyone there is"

"That girl has a liking on you, don't you think you should give her a chance?"

"She's Dylan's and I will never try to steal what he own" Dylan owns? He didn't tell me if he likes her, but there is a possibility.

"And what happens if she's not Dylan's? What if Dylan didn't like her? Would you want her?" Darren softly smiled, he pulled me closer, our bodies more pressed against each other as he slowly pressed a kiss on my forehead.

"That answers your question"

Soon the music stopped, my heart palpitated knowing that I will soon be cutting the cake and will finally be announcing my decision. Darren lets go of my hand and lead me towards where my cake was, everyone started applauding... but I could feel my heart slowly breaking.

Darren stood before the cake as the rest of the people surrounded me, they all started to sing happy birthday. Angeline handed me the slicer and slowly I sliced the cake, I didn't dare taste it but instead hand it to my mom. Soon Angeline handed me a microphone, she smiled encouraging me but my hand was already trembling.

I felt so worried especially when my eyes met Darren's smiling face, he looks so happy... and yet I'm about to break it... I held the microphone and slowly aligned it on my lips, I need to do this.. for me...

"I just wanted to thank everyone for coming to my party eventhough I know how busy all of you might be. Thank you for giving me all your time to attend such a very simple celebration, also I wamted to thank my friends, Dylan, Caesar, Connor and most importantly Darren for staying and being here with me. It's been a while since I've seen all of you and it's good to be back here"

"But I must say that I have something to announce" All the noises died down, probably they are all confused because of my sudden seriousness.

"I grew up with a lovely family and a very rich background, everyone was envious of me and that is the reason why everyone wanted to befriend me. That was also another reason why I decided to be a model, so I could meet new people and to make me build my own name without the words 'rich' and 'perfect' tagging on me. That is also the main reason why I am stepping down from being an heir of our company and will go to Paris to study law"

"Jasmine!" Dad hissed, his hands turning to a fist, he's trying hard to keep his temper at bay since there are many people inside the room.

The moment my eyes stared at Darren, he excused himself and ran away. Scarlet ran after him, I wanted to do so but with everyone stating at me... all I can do is to smile at every one sadly.

Soon the party was over, I was already in the room and then comes my father who was fuming in anger. I stood up from the couch to even acknowledge him, I looked directly in the eyes of my father and spoke.

"I don't want to be controlled anymore, I'm sorry" A stingging pain appeared on my cheek that I realized that my father had actually slapped me. I didn't cry but the physical pain did not hurt compared to the emotional pain and the heartache I could feel right now...

"You really have that tendency to embarrass us like that?! How dare you-"

"I'm tired of wanting to live the life you directed me to do, I want to live my owm life and I wanted to do everything on my own. Did it even cross your mind that I wanted to be independent? That I wanted to be someone rather than being that heir you expect to take over the company?"

"Fine! If you want to leave then go! But don't you ever come back to this house when your mind has changed, pack yor bags and leave right away!"

Dad left the room and bangged the door, I wasn't surprised anymore as I knew that that will be his reaction. I actually expected more, maybe hurt me more than just one slap or really disown me, erase my name from the family registry... I expected more, but I realized that maybe he still cares that's why he didn't try to inflict more pain to me.

"Can I do anything to change your mind?" Mom asked, her hands were slowly trying to reach me, wanting to have me in her arms... I know how much mom wanted to support my dreams, she has always been there whenever I needed her but she needs to know as well that I am also a grown up... that I need to dictate my life now...

"I'm sorry mom, but I really want to reach my dreams"

Even if it means leaving him...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

270 100 12
They say not all people are destined because others just meet but not for one another. We know when someone is hurt, loved and several times surrende...
88.4K 4.9K 22
Everything and anything we do serves a purpose. What if the purpose we have in life is to love someone who doesn't love us back? "It's okay if you do...
4.4K 206 40
They say that love is once in a lifetime. They say that when you find the one, that's that. He was mine. But sadly, reality tested us. I would like...
20.9K 2K 35
To love is to find someone who gets you out of this world. To just love even if it's one sided, I'm still happy that I loved. But what if I loved the...