unconditional (BOOK #2) [TO B...

By roxann_season

After moving to Southern California, Chelsea's life has never been better... or more complicated. Sh... More

prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32 - Unknown
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
KEY
Chapter 37
wonder if...
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 48.5
recap
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
reuploading
Chapter 59
Chapter 60 - Gabriel POV
Chapter 61 - Gabriel POV
Chapter 62 - Gabriel POV
Chapter 63 - Gabriel POV
Chapter 64 - Gabriel POV
Chapter 65 - Gabriel POV
Chapter 66 - Gabriel POV
Chapter 67 - Gabriel POV
Chapter 68 - Gabriel POV
Chapter 69 - Gabriel POV
Chapter 70 - Gabriel POV
Chapter 71 - Gabriel POV
Chapter 72 - Russell POV
Chapter 73 - Russell POV
Chapter 74 - Chelsea POV
Chapter 75 - Russell POV
Chapter 76 - Russell POV
Chapter 77
Chapter 78 - Chelsea POV
Chapter 79
Chapter 80 - Darren POV
Chapter 81 - Chelsea POV
Chapter 82 - Chelsea POV
Chapter 83 - Russell POV
KEY 2
Chapter 84 - Chelsea POV
** Recap Chapter ** Q/A**
Chapter 85 - Gabriel POV
Chapter 86 - Chelsea POV
Chapter 87 - Victor POV
Chapter 88 - Chelsea POV
Chapter 89 - Gabriel POV
Epilogue
unbroken (book#3)

Chapter 24

54.8K 2K 75
By roxann_season

A/N: NOT EDITED :) 

Chapter 24 (Gabriel POV)

With Chelsea still on my lap, biting her lip, I could tell she was warring with herself, not sure why, but even my touch, didn’t bring her tension down as much as I would like. Probably afraid to tell you anything because of how you reacted, blowing up at her… She doesn’t have a good history with that. Again, Max was right… but Chelsea had no small secrets, I mean, she’s a white wolf, Maggie died for that to be found out. She can read anyone’s thoughts, doesn’t matter if they have their walls up or if they’re in another pack, Francesca gave her a concussion.

But we know that Francesca has a gift… Max countered, like he would ever side against Chelsea.

I’m pulled back to Chelsea, she’s moving herself off of my lap, but I just hold tighter, “What’s wrong? Do you have to go?” I ask but glance at the clock, she still has twenty minutes.

She shakes her head trying to leave me again, “No.”

“I have to tell you something…” her voice defeated and full of apprehension.

Mate thinks you’ll push her away Max whines.

I think about this and try to approach it, logically. A way to fix what I’ve continuously broken, making sure I do this right, holding her tightly, I realize that anything I would have to tell her, I’d want her close to me to do so. It’s selfish, her touch alone calms me if I had something to tell her, I’d want her near me, because if it’s hard for me to say, or hard for her to hear, we would give each other strength. Surely that’s not wrong is it? I ask myself, I didn’t have experience in this. I didn’t give a shit about how my decisions impacted anyone, and any bad news I had to break to Maggie, I didn’t care.

With Chelsea, it’s like even if she delivered the hurt, I’d still want her close by because she calms me as well. I shake my head angrily as mom pops into my head, ‘you mate will calm you and make you so happy Gabriel, Wolfy too.’ Now I have these issues because she kept me from my mate, since I was 6 years old.

 “How about we make a new rule. When we have something hard to say to each other, even if it’s going to hurt, we don’t blow up, we try to remain calm, and discuss it. If we need time to cool off, or reset our selves, we say that, we don’t just walk away from each other?” I ask warily that I’m not making a mistake, or suggesting something wrong. And I’m instantly calmed and rewarded with a beautiful smile and nod from Chelsea, and I’m pleased as she stops fidgeting in my arms, and relaxes once again. It isn’t bad…  Max says but I push that aside.

“So, with that in mind, tell me…” I brace myself for whatever horrible thing she wants to tell me, because I already know it’s going to be big, but I fairly underestimated what she had to say.

“There is a lot that I can’t answer but, I’ll try. It’s not time to tell you all of it, okay?” She looks me straight in the eye. I nod, “Yes I get that.”

“You said, that I know w-where Katie is… and you’re r-right… I do,” Chelsea’s shoulders straighten and I smile. I hear the words, but I don’t understand.

“Is this a test?” I asked puzzled.

“No,” she whispers.

“You…” I run my eyes over her features, “Know,” I meet her eyes with mine, “where Katie is?” the words strung together make no sense, but my heart, already accepting what my head can not is beating quickly, air I didn’t know I was holding rushes out.

Chelsea nods, and all I can hear is my heart, she doesn’t even so much as blink, not a muscle, it’s like-like in that nightmare, how she tensed down waiting for impact, as if expecting it would make it all that easier.

“You know where Katie is?” I whisper, and feel wetness on my face. I drag my eyes from Chelsea to the ceiling of the car; strange the ceiling has no holes.Chelsea’s form blurs and y automatic reaction is to hold her tighter still, she- she can’t, I don’t even finish the thought.

She knows where Katie is but hasn’t gotten her yet?

What if Katie is being hurt?

Why- the thoughts stop and she continues.

She nods, “Yes… well… I’m not sure… I-I it’s premature Gabriel, I’m not sure what’s happening but I believe I do know where she is but, I don’t know, I’ve been struggling with it because I’m not sure what parts were real or not,” she struggles to speak, but her eyes don’t leave mine. I can see her struggle and frustration with not being able to clarify everything for me, but I hang on every word, and I’m thankful for my rule, because she is strong now, and I am the weak one I realize, as she wipes my face.

I nod at her, remembering what Jack told me when she healed aunt Camilla, ‘it’s not a science Gabriel.’

“You’re telling me, but- but” I cock my head to the side, seeing my mate, “you aren’t sure of anything much right now are you?” I say calmly, my heart back under control despite, the gnawing, stomach dropping feeling that takes over me.

She hangs her head, shaking it, and I feel shame wash over me, frustration, it is what Chelsea’s feelings. A few things, right themselves in my head automatically.

First, if Chelsea knew where Katie was and knew how to get to her, I’d already have my sister back.

Second, if she was being hurt, after what I relived from Chelseas view, I’m sure she wouldn’t sleep until she found her to make the abuse or hurt stop.

Third, it’s not a science, there is a good chance that Chelsea doesn’t really know where Katie is, or that Katie is even alive, and that last thought kills me.

I take what she gives me with a grain of salt; I nodded to myself, placing my finger under her chin so she’ll meet my eyes.

“Okay,” I ease her worry and shame, or at least try to. 

Hypothetically, think in those terms I tell my self, “Suppose, you do know, can you tell me if she’s hu-hurt?” I try to say bravely, but my voice cracks at the edge, I swallow deeply.

“No, she isn’t hurt.” it helped that she replied quickly, no pause. 

I nod to myself, holding Chelsea in my arms, inhaling and exhaling, letting her scent calm me. “Do you know what… she is… doing?” the puzzlement has effectively messed with my head now and thought process.

I mean, how would Chelsea, know what Katie is doing, if she doesn’t know where Katie is to begin with.  Didn’t think you’d end up there the way you were going… Max thought. 

 “She’s waiting,” the words come out sounding like a question. Is she asking me? Telling me? She doesn’t know for sure, I tell myself, and that was making her reply gray.

“Waiting for what?”

Confidently she replies “Me.”

I nod slowly, I was right, my mate was a puzzle.

.

.

I drop Chelsea off at the door of her class, offering to stay and watch but she declines, so I go to Remy. Remington. Redhead, mother of one daughter and pregnant, sans mate. Not that I didn’t try to figure out that story, but everyone has the right to their privacy.  you keep telling yourself thats why you stopped  Max laughed. 

“Hey-”

“Ahhhhhh!” she screams flying around holding the kitchen counter to help her before she falls flat on her ass. I rush over to help her, but she hits me, shrieking. “Don’t fucking do that Gabriel!” She says holding her chest and sagging into me, my bad.

I give her as much time as I can manage, “So did you get any hits with the handwriting?”

“Yeah, but this is fucking strange… you’d never guess who’s it matches?” she says grinning like an idiot, red hair a mess, as she sits down at the table with her computer.

“My brother?” Considering he smelt of Gasoline.

“Nope, Luna Rosa,” she enunciates the name.

“What?” my eyes widen, and my brain stalls, fuck me. 

.

(CHELSEA POV)

I stretch out next to Jamie, waiting for this nightmare to be over with, as students trickle into the room, to perform their two dances. I sigh loudly, “You’ll do fine Chelsea, Don’t worry about it okay?” Jamie says. Probably wondering why I didn’t take Gabriel, up on his offer to stay. I wanted him, but after what I just told him, or didn’t tell him, I think he needed time away to settle his thoughts. While he had gone, and Jaime helped me up, we went straight to the car, skipping lunch.

TEXT MESSAGE: MIKAEL SOMEONE KEEPS SENDING ME THESE MESSAGES, BUT IT’S FROM UNKNOWN, SEE WHAT YOU CAN DO.

I send the text to Mikael, once I sit in the back, no way was I going to tell Gabriel now, but I put Mikael on it, knowing this was something he could really handle. If he came back with info showing it was a problem, not some prank I’d bring it up to Gabe and Jack.

 ____________________________________________ 

ASK ALL THE QUESTIONS YOU NEED... NEXT CHAPTER I'LL BE RESPONDING TO THEM IN THE POST ITSELF :) 

You are reading this story for free (not that I’d ever try and sell anyone this draft lol) the only thing I ask is if you like it, vote for it…

So if you've made it up to here and you like the story but didn't vote, head on back and support the story :)

© 2014 new_season All Rights Reserved

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.3M 786K 38
Skylar lives in a world where her pack is slowly and deliberately being obliterated by the merciless Black Mountains Pack, led by their vicious and c...
1.1M 30.1K 33
A secret hybrid. A charming Alpha. Mates. What could go wrong? ************************************** Brooklyn Jones is a hybrid. Her mother was the...
3.8M 119K 36
Everly is a werewolf living in a pack where no one wants her. Her mother and father don't treat her the same as her beautiful sister. She has learned...
6.1M 146K 41
Ariana Belle was the typical quiet girl. She was the weak link in the ferocious Crimson Pack. She was shunned by everyone except for two people, her...