How Did We Get Here? • (FKA S...

By nieceyofficial

One day I lost everything. I was forced to mend the gap between those years, pretending as if nothing happene... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11

prologue

6.8K 187 54
By nieceyofficial

It's been a half a week since I got off the plane from Texas to Seattle. I've already paid deposit and first months rent, which both were high as fuck, but now I have 24 more days to find a job.

Stupid of me, I know. Definitely not all rainbows and sunshine if you spend more than half of your 4 paycheck savings, just to afford an apartment.

The curtain less window reveals itself against my sage green walls. My legs outstretch beyond the deflated air mattress. If you're wondering, no, I'm not tall, she's just a wild sleeper.

A huge appalling grunt of aggravation fills the room. My sore body thumps off the right side of the flimsy plastic on to the cool breezed floor.

It's not fair that I moved all the way out of state, with no research on anything or new glasses for that matter. So now, I am currently crawling against bruising, speckled floor to find my dinging phone. Having large boobs and a gut didn't help me move any faster, it only rolled my night shirt like a hammock.

After a moment of laziness and stupidity, my legs brought on the full 5'3 and a decimal that I don't remember, carrying my dusty body to the active LG.

The time was almost nine in the morning, the nerve that my phone had to disturb my four hours of toss, turns, and home sick cries!

The smooth wall made a great pillow for my forehead as I lean my body forward looking down at my dented phone.

I scan through my emails filled with job search, college and shopping deals on Groupon. I sigh looking at the apartment's name, preparing my eyes for a noise complaint. Anger issues gets the best of people's at night.

Alfonsi Luxury Apartments

From: management@ala.com

Concerning Rent
For Apt #174 (2br/1bth)

Ms. Wilson,

Please stop by the office to collect a refund check today.

Ruben Alfonsi

Relief washes out the anxiety in my stomach. Two bedrooms were perfect for a studio for my art projects or whatever I feel like doing in the moment. Artists needs as much space as we can get or we'll go crazy.

The half empty closet creaks convincing me to wear a tan cropped tee and ripped skinny jeans.

Placing the outfit on the door knob, I yawn, stretching once more. The sounds of my feet padding across the cheap flooring was heard through the half empty apartment. I open the door to my destination flicking on the light switch. I briefly glance at the toilet but jumping at my reflection in the mirror.

"The disrespect is evident today." My eyes squints while I turn the knob to the high pressured faucet.

««»»

Once satisfied with my reviving morning routine, patting my curls for a straight 10 minutes, I finally left the quiet room. Right now, I'm resisting the urge to kick my air mattress. Not out of anger, but exhaustion. I stride through the living room grabbing my door key attached to my lanyard and my purse on the dark granite island counter. Exiting the apartment, locking the door, I sprint down the hall to the elevator bumping into someone, a tall someone.

I lift myself from the floor looking up at the person, a fine specimen, well from the eyes. The man's face was covered with a plain black mask that covered his face identity. His clear, glowing skin was pale but lightly tanned with jet black hair that fell from it's pomade state. He was asian, Japanese or Japanese descent to be exact. "I'm s-sorry about that sir, I was just in a rush." I stumble on my words.

I couldn't find myself to look away. Something inside of me was pinging. His brow expression is so distinct, but I can't figure out why.

"No need to be sorry about anything. You must be the one of the new neighbors here, are you?" He dust himself off speaking to me with a deep slick voice of a hint of Japanese accent but heavy English fluency. He took off his mask revealing his full identity.

My heart races at a thought with no words. Maybe it's just my anxiety or something.

Fucking answer!

"Yes I'm one of the new neighbors, I just moved in a couple of days ago. Which hall you live on?" I tilt my head curiously.

"I live on this hall. I just moved back from home today." His smile captured my eyes, paying attention to his, manly yet soft beautiful features.

"Oh cool we're hall mates! Where are you from?" I bit my smile at the information and of course, his attractiveness.

"Japan..." He chuckles a bit.

Hit the nail on the head! I knew someone one from Japan, I think he was from Japan from what he told me.

"What about you, where are you from?" He rerouted the question. "I'm from Texas." I gave a wider smile looking at him through my eye lashes.

"Well it was nice meeting you..." I realized I didn't catch his name.

"Yuko," he returns the smile licking his dry dark plumped lips.

"It fits well with you persona Yuko. I'm Aya." I smile biting my lip out of habit.

"A beautiful name for a beautiful woman. I don't want to hold you long since you have to go. We should hangout sometime soon. Can I have your number?" He pats his pocket for his phone letting his sly smile resonate with his very corny energy.

"Funny you'd say that because my name actually means "beautiful woman" but thank you. And sure..." I cracked a smile placing my number in his Vivo r9.

I couldn't stop biting back my smile reveal my dimpled happiness handing his phone back to him.

He bit his lip back at me out of mockery before lightly grabbing my chin lifting my head a bit. "You should stop biting your lip, it's bleeding."

My eyes widen at his comfortability and his pout. I back way, sucking in my lip before looking up at him. "I try not to, it's a habit."

"I can help you break that habit..." He spew before sighing closing his eyes. I chuckled nodding my head.

"Not in that way-" he tries to justify himself.

"No it's okay... I'll catch you later, Yuko." I wink flirtatious turning on my heel moving to the elevator. He waved at me with an ever resting smile as the elevator door closes. Mentally I gush, physically blushing through my golden brown complexion, fanning myself pressing the first floor.

°|•|°|•|°

"You have applied for a the apartment that is applicable for a roommate. Sorry for the misunderstanding. We can see if there are any solo apartments in the building if you are not okay with the current situation." The receptionist states as she typed on the keyboard.

Silence filled the office allowing me to think cautious about everything that's going on.

Hell, I'm jobless, never made friends except for one, a scared for nothing yet aggressive little bitch. It wouldn't hurt to not be stingy for the first time in my life.

"Okay, when will they move in?" I gulp down my pride and introversion, allowing change, just this once.

"Today actually they have lived in that apartment before." The lady analyse the information on the laptop's bright screen.

As you can tell by now I'm a very forgetful person, in other words, I forgot her name.

"Is it a girl?" I bit sore salty lip wincing at the pain. "Is it a guy?" She looks at me with a mocking twinkle in her eye.

"Ms. Wilson as stupid as this sounds, it's policy that I'm not allowed to give info about a potential persons that were screened, so it's best to just wait. Plus they didn't really disclose a lot in their account to begin with." She huffs grabbing the check book from the drawer built in her desk.

"If I get decapitated, I'll haunt everyone in this apartment!" My jaw grinds when I take the check heading my way out the entrance. Now I got $2,890 back so now I have to cash it out at the bank and buy me a mattress set and some groceries.

°|•|°|•|°

Niecey Official

All rights reserved

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 176 75
Life is one road that no one has the choice to be on. It can be rocky, smooth, short or even miraculously long. The journey of it is where they say...
90 4 3
A question came to me during a reset. A question that has started bleeding through my veins. A question I whisper over and over in my sleep. A questi...
94.8K 2.5K 16
"You want to be free? "But You also want to be mines." "You can't be both." What would you do the person you thought you knew weren't really what the...
440 39 14
What if one day your life suddenly changed? what if everything you've ever believed on was a lie? what if your soul mate, your lover , the one you ca...