Finding Love with the Heir

By thebookenchantress

[ON HIATUS](Previously named Finding Love)Seventeen year old Stella Miller is an ordinary girl whose family d... More

Finding Love with the Heir
[1] How the Heck did I Get into this School?!
[2] Welcome to this Filthy Rich School that You'll be Attending
[3] Ewww the first day of school
[4]Skateboarding Tryouts
[5] Carnival Fun!..or not
[6]Getting Ready For the Auction
[7] Being Bidded by an Ass
[8:Prt. 1] Being Kidnapped by a Black Masked Freak
[8: Prt. 2] Date Night with Him
[9] The Tickle Monster
[10] The Very Eventful Pool Party
Author's Note
[11] Damn These Late Night Raves
[12: Prt. 1]Hangovers Aren't the Only Annoying Things
[12: Prt. 2] Damn you, Wesley Richardson!
[13] A Girls' Sleepover Disaster
[15] Hooray! It's the Beginning of Spirit Week!
Author's Note & Character Cast
[16] Scavenger Hunts and Surprises
Valentine's Day Special: Cupcake Wars!

[14] Excuse Me, You Have the Nerve to Call me Cute!

250 9 0
By thebookenchantress

[14] Excuse me, You Have the Nerve to Call me Cute!

YOU JERK! YOU HAVEN'T UPDATED IN AGES!

ME: I'm s-s-sorry (cries)

Sorry for another late update...again.

But guys!

68 Votes?!

For reals?!

I love you so much!!!

All my chapters so far are unedited. Grammar Nazis, please be patient with me. I'll edit it when I finish the book.

I updated wattpad and the update let's chapters upload pictures from their phones! EEEEKKKK NOW I COULD PUT PICTURES EASILY! YAS!

FYI IF THE WORDS ARE IN ITALICS IT'S THE PERSON'S THOUGHTS

Picture of Avalon Williamson on the side>>>>>>>>>>

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Stella Miller's POV

Wesley.

Wesley River-Dean Richardson.

(n.) The heir of Richarson enterprises and one of the most intelligent children in the school. He is also part of the top 12 richest children in the academy. The captain of the basketball team of the academy. Extremely popular in the academy, business world, and real world. Has girls begging on their knees to be friends with him, he even has people kissing the floors he was walked on.

He could be intelligent, popular, handsome, and wealthy.

But every good thing always has its downsides.

When I read the biggest philanderer in the academy part made me ignore every good thing about him. Just the thought of a guy toying with girls' hearts infuriates me! Even though he's intelligent, handsome, and wealthy, a bad personality could ruin people's opinions on that person.

The thing I mostly don't understand why he bugs me.

There isn't anything special about Stella Miller. I'm just a simple commoner trying to get through the struggles of money problems. That's all. Nothing special. I think the only thing special about me is that I'm the only living commoner that ever stood in this academy. And that's a very rare occurance to happen in this school.

All I wanted was to live a regular life here. But.

A regular life in this academy is no where in its dictionary.

Well, here I am, proving to you that this life isn't normal.

The pebble knocking stopped suddenly when I turned my head. I slid open the window letting some of the autumn wind in. I stuck my head out which caused a few strands of my hair to dance from the wind. "Wesley! What the heck are you doing?" I yelled down the five floor building.

He suddenly stopped tossing the pebble up and down. "Oh me?" A smirk morphed on his amused face.

I swear someone's going to die tonight.

I gripped on the window trying to hold in my anger. I opened the window even more to get the view of the people behind him. The rest of Wesley's clan stood behind him being accomplices of this situation. Dylan stood beside him with Terrence on the other side and Brandon, Cole, Luke were alongside of them. They were all standing on the grass.

They had their arms folded with their muscles bulging out. I rolled my eyes at them and shocked my head mentally. They looked ridiculous. I know they were trying to appear cool and mature. But we all know that they act the exact opposite.

This is the messed up version of Romeo and Juliet.

I felt Romeo scooting over to see the guys. His face so close to mine so I moved over a bit. I felt my face heating up although the chilly breeze was slamming my face.

"Who the hell is that?" Wesley pointed at Romeo with a scrutinizing look of disgust. Romeo made a small wave which made Wesley clench his teeth.

"Oh him? He's Romeo." I replied simply, I turned my head giving Romeo a warm smile.

A wave of thought passed Wesley's mind making everything silent. He dropped the pebbles he have been clenching in his hand and suddenly scurried to leave.

Okay, what just happened?

Brandon, Luke, Cole, Terrence, and Dylan followed after him. It's as if they read his mind.

When the spots they stood in were empty, I slid the window closed and locked it. I sighed and pulled the blanket beside me to my cold body. I was about to reach out for my book until.

"I didn't know you had a boyfriend." Romeo said. "Avalon said that you and the two other girls didn't." He told me curiously.

"Oh no, I don't. That's just Wesley, he usually barges into my plans like this all the time." I explained and snuggled into the blanket even more. "Me and him? Boyfriend and girlfriend? Please, he's the player of the academy. He had plenty of girls following after him and besides I don't even like him."

Why did it feel so wrong to say that?

"Sorry I was assuming things, but he did seem jealous. Are you sure you aren't more than friends?" Romeo reasoned with me and took off his leather jacket.

"No, we aren't. Its completely platonic." I stated truthfully. But a heaviness was set on my stomach and my heart clenched at the same time.

My stomach was feeling weird by the second. "Hey, Romeo. I'm gonna fetch some pizza, is that alright with you?"

"Yeah, go ahead."

I pushed the blanket away from me and walked over the countless number of pillows laid on the floor. I went on over to wear the food was. Because we all know that's my favorite spot.

I grabbed a paper plate and got two slices of Alfredo Spinach pizza along with a cherry coke can inside Avalon's refrigerator. I closed it with my hip and proceeded over to Romeo.

Until a thunderous knock resonated throughout the dorm.

I decided to ignore it, it might be someone coming by as a mistake.

All the girls, except Alice, Destiny, and I, were piled in front of the television flipping through all the Netflix shows. They each had a bowl of popcorn on their laps.

They were fighting over what to watch. Whether if it was Psych or Pretty Little Liars. It was a competition between the five of them.

I examined Destiny to check if she was alright. She was laughing hysterically with the black-haired model. It was as if she was going to die of laughter. The model was laughing alongside with her also.

I moved my eyes over to Alice and the blonde- hair model, they seemed to be getting along just fine. They were both biting into their pizzas with happy eyes.

For once, I can relax without having to think about anything else because everyone was happy.

The thunderous knock came at it again.

"Gosh, Stella can you get that?" Avalon managed to shout while pulling the TV remote from Alyssa.

I nodded my head and lifted the pizza for me to bite. I left my coke can on the table near the pizza. I headed on over to the tall, polish, wooden door. My feet were cold, but it was great that I had my Narwal heating slippers. I wanted to see the peephole on the top but it was too tall for me. So instead I unlocked the door. I opened it wide open to reveal.

Wesley freaking Richardson and his damn clan.

Hey, that rhymed!

Damn it, Stella, not now!

I was about to drop my pizza. "What are you doing here!?" I said for the third time today.

He replied with a lopsided grin on his face. He bent down to my ear and whispered, "I wasn't just going to leave you hanging, sweetheart."And went inside.

The rest of the guys came in also,

Luke was holding a box of cookies, Cole had his gray beanie on his dirty blonde hair, and Brandon brought a box of chocolate covered strawberries. And I know he obviously brought it for Charlotte.

My feet were still glued to the floor with my plate of pizza and a slice on my hand. I was standing there realizing how dumb it was to know you could let your guard down after Wesley left like that.

Terrence came with a wide smile on his face. He took my plate of pizza. "Thanks Stella!" And practically skipped to the rest of the guys.

Dylan came by with his bad boy aura around him. He has been one of my guy friends that I completely don't have feelings for. He obviously belongs to Destiny. He came in with his black jeans with a chain attached to the belt hook of his jeans. He wore a dark shirt along with his signature black leather jacket. his hair was combed up, you can tell he styled it. My brain kept on whispering he did this for Destiny.

His hands were dug in the pockets of his jacket. His combat boots slammed the hardwood. His nose and ears were very crimson which explains the weather. "Is Destiny here?" he spoke so only I could hear.

My mouth turned to a smirk, "She's over near the fireplace with..."

"With?" Dylan's features were a mix of growing anger and confusion.

I used my index finger to gesture him to come closer. "With a model. An Armani one."

His eyes were widening, "What the-I'm heading there right now!"

He ran inside the room with his anger radiating around him.

I locked the door and followed everyone else. I found Wesley and Avalon arguing. "Are you serious Av?! What the heck were you doing bringing guys over here! I thought you said it was completely a girl party!"

"What the hell?! I can make my own decisions in my dorm, why don't you just leave?!" Avalon pointed at the door.

"Umm, guys." Bridgette spoke up softly. "Can they stay? Luke brought his famous cookies and I want someone to hug me tonight." Bridgette hugged Luke's body like a koala on a branch.

"No, Bridge- don't make fall for-." Avalon warned before getting cut off by Charlotte.

"They should, Brandon brought a huge box of chocolate covered strawberries, and we all love those." Charlotte defended her boyfriend while biting on a strawberry. Brandon had an arm around her pulling her closing to him.

Avalon slapped her forehead knowing that there's nothing she can do to make them leave. "Whatever,if they stay so do the three I brought in." she bargained.

"Whatever," everyone replied with an exception of Wesley and Dylan.

I rolled my eyes at how my friends were acting. I moved my feet to get a huge bag of sour cream and onion chips. I tightened my pony tail and fixed my glasses before getting stopped by a hard chest.

"What, Wesley?" I groaned.

"You look adorable with those on," he cooed at my Narwal slippers.

I pushed him away, but he didn't budge. "Shut up. And you have the nerve to call me cute!?" I huffed.

"Yes I do have the nerve," he replied coolly.

I took the time to observe what he was wearing. He was sporting a pair of blue, skinny jeans. Along with a black, button down shirt that clung to his body. His hair was on point when it clearly shows he doesn't take the effort to make it like that. His black converse high-tops made me think his outfit was even more perfect. His god-like features didn't help either. His own particular smell made me feel comfortable. His stormy eyes light clouded eyes were completely glued to my amber ones.

He looked enchanting even without a suit.

And I'm certainly not going to deny it.

I felt all blood rush to my face probably making my face look like a juicy tomato. Out of instinct, I dropped my head down so my hair will cover my red face. I heard a light chuckle leave his mouth. His body heat and his smell was getting stronger to the point he was hugging me, like in the café. But this. This felt stronger. This type of hug felt very warm and tight. It's as if he thought I was leaving him.

I brought my tiny arms from the sides of his body and brought him closer to me. This caused him to hug me even tighter.

"Wesley." I squeezed out from lack of oxygen. "I can't breathe."

He automatically let go and checked my body. "Are you alright? Did I hurt you?"

The way that he was worried made my heart grow warm. I smiled deeply at his immense amount of caring.

"I'm fine, Wesley. Don't worry about it." I patted his shoulder and chuckled.

He smiled ear to ear at my reaction.

"Come on," I grabbed his large hand to my small one. "I want you to meet Romeo."

I saw him roll his eyes and deeply sigh, but continued to play along with my command.

I pulled Wesley over to Romeo who was texting on the phone. Romeo looked at me first with a grin, but suddenly got frightened by Wesley's look.

Romeo immediately stood up. Wesley and Romeo had the same build but Wesley was a few inches taller than him. Romeo offered his hand to Wesley and greeted, "Hi, I'm Romeo Shaperez. It's nice to meet you."

Wesley took his hand, rather tightly. I saw Romeo wince and his grip. "It's a pleasure to, and by the way, my name is Wesley, Wesley Richardson." He introduced himself in a hard tone.

Wesley finally let go and smirked when Romeo hand to rub his hand. When Romeo's hand recovered, Romeo asked with wide eyes, "Wait, the Wesley Richardson? Aren't you the future heir of Richardson Enterprises?"

"That's me, yes." Wesley's jaw ticked clearly showing he was already annoyed by him.

"Aren't you going to be the CEO qnext year?" Romeo questioned with gold stars on his eyes.

"Yeah, well someone's gotta do it," Wesley replied with no interest at all. I almost forgot his hand was still on mine until he squeezed my hand even harder.

"Aren't you well-known for being a player? You must have plenty of gorgeous girls falling for you, yeah? It must be amazing to be you. Always having a girl there and a girl there. It must be a game to you!"

After Romeo said that, my grip on Wesley's suddenly weakened. My stomach felt like it dropped a 1000 floor building. I looked down so they won't see my reaction to what Romeo said.

Why was I even thinking otherwise?

He's Wesley Richardson. A guy with plenty of needs that I can't give him. But why am I surprised? And why does it hurt so much?

I suppressed a chuckle, if you heard closely wasn't believable. I rubbed the back of my neck to ease my tense body. "Pretty much an all-time record, yeah?"

Romeo snapped his fingers at me, "that's it, it's a record!"

Wesley's features contorted began to appear more constricted. His lips were pressed in a firm line, his scowl was more irritated then he was the entire day. His hands were together very tightly. He obviously is the most dapper person in the world. Hahah. Not.

But the glare wasn't to me, it was to Romeo. It's as if he would shoot bullets on his head by his eyes.

"You must definitely be the luckiest man on Earth, especially at your age." Romeo gushed with stars in his eyes. He was in complete awe while Wesley's attitude was growing to become even more annoyed.

A silence crawled in the three of us

"And you should tot-" Romeo continued on until.

"Shut up! Could you shut up for one minute?" Wesley's voice boomed throughout the room. He ran his hand through his soft looking hair in aggravation.

Romeo sank on his spot and looked down on his lap feeling ashamed. Getting shouted at by one of the most powerful men in the universe has gotta make you feel bad.

I was about to speak up until.

"LET'S WATCH A MOVIE, GUYSS!" Lindy waved her hands at Romeo, Wesley, and I.

I sighed and placed my hands to push me up. I dusted off my clothes and trudged to the couch with my Narwal slippers.

A hand grabbed my hand briskly. It happened to be Wesley's. Oh please, shoot me now.

His eyes were gazing at mine pleading. I know he wanted to explain about our conversation about him and his notorious reputation with the ladies. "Can we talk privately?"

I shook my head that said I-really-don't-want-to-talk-about-it . It's like he read my mind, his eyes went softer. No, don't give in, you know your experience about letting your guard down. I glanced at our hands. No, don't even ponder it. I bit the inside of my cheek and abruptly let go of his strong hold.

My hand immediately became cold again. Completely missing his warmth. My heart clenched at my decision. I bet my decisions that involve with Wesley will always be an internal battle between my brain and heart.

I flexed the hand that held Wesley's and placed it over my rapidly, beating heart.

I sucked in some air and let it out. Don't look back, don't look back.

My legs shuffled on over to the couch. I slouched down next to Charlotte who was underneath Brandon's arm. This is such the third wheel. The couch dipped from someone's presence. Which was Romeo. My heart expected someone else? But who would that someone be?

I examined everyone who sat next to each other. Obviously, the couples in our group sat next to each other in their own lovey dovey way. Alice even had her pair also. She settled down in a love seat with the model that she chose. In Destiny's case, I clearly see a love triangle going on this room. She was against the side of her male model closer than what I assume as friends. From the side, I can spot Dylan's face fuming with anger, his nose flared and was in pure rage. I can tell he was trying to keep it in. And next to him was, well you know who. You know who and Dylan were whispering something to each other.

Since when have they become gossip bitches?

The rest of the night was spent on watching a hunk load of Disney movies. Call us six year olds but that was the only one we all decided on without an argument. Some wanted action, some wanted horror, some wanted chick-flicks, and some wanted comedy. But when someone shouted Emperor's New Groove, Tarzan, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Hercules. We all automatically agreed and Avalon went straight to the kitchen to pop the buttered popcorn.

We were currently on the fourth movie of the night, which was Hercules. My eyes were glued to the screen admiring each Disney movie we watched so far. I was sick of eating popcorn, so I left the popcorn to Romeo. Throughout the entire movie night, I had felt two beading eyes staring at me from afar. And I already knew who it was.

We were in the part when Meg was alone with the five singing muses. I gotta say my favorite one was the plumpy one. She was holding the flower Hercules gave her and sang all the reasons why she shouldn't fall in love.

And once again the eyes were on me again. I felt a sharp nudge hit me on the hip, which was produced by Charlotte. Her other arm was around Brandon's arm and her other one told me to move my ear to hear what she's saying.

"It's such a coincidence how this song completely states you and Wesley's relationship," she whispered quietly to my ear. Her statement causing me to freeze and widen my eyes.

I replayed all the lyrics in my head and thought, 'in love? Since when was I in love?'

I recalled all the times I had these abnormal fast heart rates, fluttering all around my stomach, the feeling of having blood rushing to my face, and the shivers that came to my skin. And that happened when I was with Wesley.

No.

I can't say it.

Can it be?

That I could possibly have a strange liking to Wesley Richardson?

************************************************************************

Author's Note:

HEYYOOOOOOO

Did you like it? Did ya? Did ya?

If so, please vote or comment! I love it when people comment and stuff.

And please congratulate @imaginator1d. She finally got her first book published! I read After and it was absolutely a lovely read.

Please comment if you have any important feedback about my writing Don't be afraid! I love constructive criticism that will help me do better with my writing.

So that's that.

Have a wonderful fall!

-sunsetvalley163

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.8K 1.7K 35
"So you think I can't have boyfriend?" I narrowed my eyes at him. "Nope. And do you know why?" He asked. "Why?" "Because you're sour like an acid."...
1.6M 36.8K 49
BOOK 1 of The Getting There Series When a clumsy first encounter leads to Aiden and Natalie unexpectedly spending time together, will sparks fly or w...
207K 15.5K 82
Featured in YARomance's 'Love-Hate' reading list as of 01/24/2022 Featured in TeenFiction's 'Funny Bones' reading list as of 09/23/2021 Featured in W...
284K 6K 46
In the lively city of Sydney, Australia, lives Cassalia Elle Anderson, an eighteen-year-old high school student who has always been wary of boys and...