Girl Next Door (GIRLXGIRL)

By GrayWrites11

girlxgirl HIGHEST RANKING(S): #1 IN GIRLONGIRL #1 IN GIRLS #1 IN TEACHER #5 IN GXG An emotionally battered wo... More

1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
SEQUEL IS COMING!
SEQUEL IS UP!

3

115K 3.6K 5.2K
By GrayWrites11

Evan's POV:

After being abandoned in the middle of our driveway, I made my way into our home. All the kids were overjoyed to see their loving, funny, superhero daddy... but all I got was a half-ass hug and a peck on the lips.

Maybe he was just ready to see the kids... he does love them.

I smile to myself and sit on the staircase, watching the three of them bombard their father with stories, hugs, and jokes. 

Scott's phone goes away and all of his attention goes to them. He's always been such a great dad to them, even if he does miss milestone things like first steps and first words.

After about twenty minutes, I see Mason yawn and decide it's time for him to go down.

"Guys why don't you ask daddy to tuck you in?" I suggest, looking at Scott.

His bright smile fades and nods his head, "Mason, come on kid!" He says, scooping up the boy and going past me up the stairs. The girls follow, both of them pecking my cheek as the pass me.

I sigh and drag myself up the stairs and to the master bedroom, closing the double doors behind me.

Second time's a charm, right?

I untie my blush colored robe and line it strategically along my breasts. I sit on my knees on the center of the bed and wait for Scott to come in.

The doors open and he glances at me as he presses the door closed.

"Lock it, yeah?" I whisper.

He grins and does what I ask, walking over to the bed. He's still dressed in his suit and tie, so I grab the tie and pull him into my lips.

"I missed you." I whisper, being as seductive and sexy as I know how to be.

He brushes his lips against mine and I feel his fingertips on my thigh, "I missed you too, Evan."

"Show me how much, baby." I plead, biting my lip with desperation in my eyes. I need this.

He stays quiet and kisses me several more times, teasing me.

"Not tonight, I'm exhausted." Four words to make me feel stupid.

I sigh, noticeably.

"What?" He growls, looking disappointed.

"You've been gone for damn near a month, Scott. I've been here, working and balancing all three of the kids schedules. I've been alone. You get home and you're suddenly too tired to get it up for the mother of your kids and wife?" My frustration has been building since he left, I knew it'd snap.

He pulls his hand over his face and loosens his tie, "Evan, I'm sorry. I can't have sex with you every single night. I work, I'm stressed and tired." He makes excuses and I quickly tie my robe back.

"Are you sleeping with her again?" I ask, being blunt.

Scott and I have had issues in the past, but I was assured that they were left in the past.

A few years ago I caught him screwing his assistant. It took a toll on us and we nearly split because of it, but we held it together for the kids. When I found out, he was displaying he exact same behaviors he is now.

"Seriously, Evan?" He gripes, starting to undress.

"What else am I supposed to think, Scott? You never want to touch me when you are here, and most of the time you're gone for weeks at a time. We used to be so good in bed, Scott. Do you really think I'm going to believe that your preferences just magically changed?" I ask, resentment in my voice from stirring the old trauma.

"Dammit, Evan. One night. I just wanted one night to be peaceful." He hisses, grabbing his pajamas and leaving me alone in the king size bed.

Another lonely night it is...

* * *

Lexi's POV:

I wake up to the high-pitched ding from my iPhone.

Lazily, I grab the phone and see a blurry image that Katie sent to me.

She's back at it with Ryan, no surprise there.

You missed it last night! Come out with us next weekend. I missed you.

I roll my eyes at her message, knowing she probably only wanted me there to DD.

I roll out of bed and wander downstairs to find that the house is still quiet.

My mom and Mike went on a little getaway for the weekend, so I'll be hearing a whole lot of nothing until they return.

While I'm standing in the kitchen I hear the sound of a vehicle start up outside, so I go look to see who it is.

I spot Evan backing out of her driveway not looking all that happy. I see Scott's car is there, so I'm pretty sure the kids are home with him.

I couldn't sleep last night, so I sat on the patio and watched the stars for a while. It just so happened that Evan and Scott were fighting in their bedroom at the time, and I heard their yells myself.

I can only guess that their argument had something to do with the rejection in the driveway, which is on Scott.

The Copeland's have always appeared to have a perfect little family. The parents are both good looking, the kids are adorable, they have good jobs and live in a nice neighborhood. What's not great about it?!

But clearly, something isn't right.

I go about my morning as I usually would, eating a light breakfast and catching up on an essay and a presentation that are both due next week.

Hours pass and I hear a car engine once again. This time, I see Evan pulling in, but Scott's car is gone.

I watch the dirty-blonde exit her car and I quickly piece together that she was at a yoga class or something judging by her attire.

She pulls her hair tie out of her hair and shakes her head, letting her mane flow over her toned shoulders.

I watch her walk into the house and she soon appears to me again in the upstairs bedroom window.

She peels her racerback tank off and is left in a sports bra, and she soon loses that as well. I'm left staring at her beautiful, brazen back and I find myself chewing on my lower lip hopelessly.

She's so attractive.

Evan disappoints me when she walks away from the window without turning around.

* * *

It's about four in the afternoon when I hear the squeals and giggles of my favorite set of twins in the next yard.

I smile and creep out of my hammock, walking over and peeping my head over the fence.

"I thought I heard you two." I say, catching both the girls off guard.

Their eyes light up and they run to the fence and stare up at me.

"Lexi! Come play with us!" Grace gushes.

I nod and walk around to the gate, letting myself in.

"You two look nice." I compliment, noticing that they're both in dresses and have their hair done.

"Thanks, mom said we can't get dirty. We have to go to dinner with nana." Ava shrugs.

I nod my head and sit down in the grass.

"Daddy come home?" I ask, already knowing the answer.

"Yep! It's so great." Ava says, smiling.

"I'm glad to hear it, kiddo." I smile.

I see a figure appear at my left and I glance over.

"I thought that was you. Hi Lex." Evan says, wearing a pair of jean shorts and a white tee.

"Hey, Evan. Making sure these two don't get dirty." I joke.

She smiles and I see Scott come out the door as well, Mason sitting high on his shoulders.

"Lexi, nice to see you." Scott grins, his dimples appearing.

"You too, Scott. How was the work trip?" I ask him.

I notice Evan glance at him and I worry that I hit a sensitive subject.

"It was great. Busy, but money doesn't come when it's not." He says, exchanging a cold glance to his wife.

Was their fight about money?

"Girls, nana is waiting. Let's go." He says, no longer paying attention to me.

"Okay, daddy! We'll be back tonight, Lexi." Ava informs.

"I'll see you later, have fun." I smile.

I watch the kids and Scott head inside and I'm left (awkwardly) with Evan in the backyard.

"Sorry, I know you're not stupid. That was awkward." Evan breaks the silence and shakes her head, "don't ever get married, Lex. It screws everything up."

I force a laugh and find myself pushing. "What's the fight about?"

Evan hesitates, but eventually spills. "You know... it isn't even anything important. It's stupid." She says.

"What was is?" I ask her, wanting to hear her confirm what I already think.

Her eyes connect with mine and she laughs, "I shouldn't even be talking about this with you."

"I'm not a kid, Evan." I remind her. I kinda still am.

"I know, I know. It's just- weird." She pauses and looks down at her hands, "we were fighting about... intimacy." She admits.

So I was right.

"Can I make a confession?" I ask her. She nods quickly and looks over at me. "I heard you two fighting last night."

"Ah, that's embarrassing." She sighs, pulling her hands over her face.

"Mike and my mom fight sometimes too, it's not embarrassing." I assure her, standing up from the grass and slowly walking towards the woman. "Did he do somethin'?"

"He... it's what he didn't do. I might be overthinking, but we've had some rough times in the past and scared it's happening again." She admits to me. "Again, I don't know why I'm telling you this but..." Evan's voice trails off.

"It's not my place, and I can't exactly offer you advice, but don't be too hard on yourself." I shrug.

She laughs sympathetically, "ha, you're so naive."

"What makes you say that?" I ask her.

"If I weren't so-" Evan stops and looks at me, biting her lip to stop herself from speaking. "Never mind, Lex. I shouldn't unload all of this on you. You probably have your own relationship drama to worry about."

"Relationship? You're pretty and funny? Wow, on a roll." I smirk, sitting beside her.

Evan shakes her head slowly and grins at my comment, "Single?" She asks me, seeming to be genuinely interested.

"Yeah, I've never been in a relationship." I tell her.

"Why's that?" She asks, but quickly interjects again, "not that there is anything wrong with it! I actually think it's smart for you to stay single. I wish I would have done that, but what is your reasoning?" She asks me.

"It's.. complicated." I sigh, heavily.

A piece of me wants to tell Evan about my predicament.

"I have all the time in the world, kid. If you wanna talk..." she sighs, standing up and motioning to the house.

I bite my cheek, but eventually nod my head and follow the dirty-blonde into her home.

"You know Katie, right?" I ask, referring to my best friend who I believe Evan taught last year.

"I do." She nods, curling up on the couch.

"She's my best friend, and I love her to death... but she pressures me a lot. She wants me to be this specific person that I just- can't be." I say, struggling to form my thoughts in a verbal way.

"How do you mean?" Evan's brows furrow.

"Can I tell you something?" I ask her.

"Anything you'd like." She says, very relaxed and open.

"I'm... not into guys. I like women, and Katie doesn't know that. No one does." I say, the words coming out much easier than I thought they would.

"Oh.." Evan's eyes widen and she bites her cheek. "That's... okay."

"Are you going to exile me now?" I snicker.

"What?! Lexi, no. I'm not- no. I'd never do that." She says, almost offended for me even thinking the thought. "Live your truth. Do what makes you happy."

I smile softly and nod my head. "Thank you... and yeah, so basically I'm in the closet to everyone except... you." I admit.

Why did I feel so compelled to share that with her? Of all people...

"I can't say I've been in that situation before, but Lex I feel for you. I know what it feels like to live a lie, and not being your full and authentic self must feel similar." Evan sympathizes.

"It's.. tough." I shrug.

"I'm here if you need anything, Lex. I know we aren't close, but I can be your safe place if you need it." She says. "I mean, here. This can be your safe place." She corrects.

I nod my head, honestly appreciating the gesture from Evan.

"Thank you." I whisper.

Things fall silent and I make the decision to reignite the conversation.

"Hey, Evan?"

"Hm?"

"You're... I mean- talking about what you started to say before- you're a beautiful woman and you don't have to change anything to make that any more true. I'm not a marriage counselor, nor am I a straight female, but I do know that a woman's worth isn't something that- yeah." I stop, realizing I am rambling and Evan's cheeks are blushing pink.

"You're sweet, Lex." She says, looking at her hands again.

I feel a tension come between us and I clear my throat, "I should probably get home. I left my phone..." I sigh.

"Yeah, okay. Um, be safe." Evan says.

I look at her one more time before heading out the door I came in.

What a woman.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

285K 8.8K 38
Drew is just trying to survive life let alone high school. Her two best friend are her entire world and she loves to dance. There's a new English te...
43.8K 1.7K 21
Kate has had enough of her demons and she is now looking for forgiveness, after two years of not seeing her ex girlfriend and former ex best friend S...
96K 2.4K 37
When a teacher starts at a new school she is devoted to help her students. She's the caring type but still lives a partying life. Helping one of her...
1.7M 49.8K 120
~ girlxgirl ~ studentxprincipal ~ studentxteacher ~ womanxwoman ~ ****Mature Content, Strong Language, Sexual Content**** Love. Love can be a forbidd...