With your Sneer and Smile!

By EndlessBlood

Jiang Cheng is my favorite without a doubt . And Xicheng fic is my OTP, and these are just a few fragments of... More

Hello Xicheng!
[0] #1: Dog and Cat (1)
[1] #2: Entangled (1)
[2] #2: Entangled (2)
[3] #2: Entangled (3)
[4] #3: In a heartbeat
[5] #4: Money
[6] #5: Meng A-Cheng (1)
[7] : #1 Dog and Cat (2)
[8] #2: TWISTED HEART {4}
[9] #5: Meng A-Cheng (2)
[10] : #5 Meng A-Cheng (3)
[12] : #7 ABOVE WATER
[13] : #8 Pandora's Box

[14] : #9 One Time- Delay

1.8K 73 9
By EndlessBlood

No message. 

 He took a deep breath, eyes staring at the illuminating screen of his mobile device. As the people around him are busy chattering about their everyday bussiness. 

Look, outside of this coffee shop, the sun are looking calm, sweet and golden with the clouds leisurely drifting toward certain direction. And he was inside of one establishment to cool down himself from sudden tingle he felt within his head. 

Ordering one cup of coffee, slice of delectable moon cakes, and a glass of water. Taking his sweet time, he sit alone by himself, no companion to bother him with lot of nonsense. After thirty minutes, once again, he take a look at his phone just to see if there's any message for him, but he found nothing. He sighed. 

 The familiar sound of bell chimes that indicating someone's was entering the place. "Welcome." 

The waiter in waiting was the one first to greet their customer. A soft gasped could be heard from each of one when they laid their eyes at the newcomer. A long haired man in nice perfect black business suit walked to his epitome perfection. 

The stranger choose the table beside him, smiling when the waiter take his orders. Then somehow both of their eyes met.Meeting each other sight.No one know, how much this will turn the events. Jiang Cheng was the first one to look away, he do not like the feeling he has just looking at this stranger's face. He take another look to his phone again. 

 No message. 

 He stands up to leave. Time is up, he must go now. For one last glanced to the stranger, he turn his head just in seconds.

 The unknown man is looking at his own phone, seemingly thinking and waiting for something. With have no understanding, Jiang Cheng left. It is none of his business after all. No poking your nose in other's people lives.Outside, he walked toward of the bus station. 

He have no cars to begin with, he is not rich nor from wealthy family of heaven. Everything in his daily life are descriptive normal for plain man.

The source of his income was being as freelancer writer, manwha artist, and doing extra jobs sometimes. When he come home, after putting his things in proper places, he went back working of his current project. 

 The silence of his room are how he'd had come used to.When he starts of thinking what had happened that lead for his life to be like this...somehow, after some time he stopped thinking about it. Maybe, the passing days made him to feel it's kind of normal.And forgot how to bother with it.

 Nothing changes as the world keep spinning without any motive. Each day, he wakes up and continues, but it doesn't make him feel any less lonely.After an hour, the apartment's door harshly opened by someone grinning from ear to ear. He stands up to greet his uninvited visitor with usual tired expression. 

 "Jiang Cheng! Let's go out." The other was opening his refrigerator looking if there any delicious Emperor Smile.

 "Are you alone?" Jiang Cheng asked. 

 "Yes, Lan Zhan are meeting his Uncle. I've decided not to go with them, the meeting is boring, and the elders will spit their blood again once I come in the picture of sitting Lan Zhan's lap."

 "Shameless." 

 "Anyway Jiang Cheng,"Wei Wuxian turn his head. " Do you ever sleep?"Jiang Cheng frowned. 

"What the hell are you talking about?" 

 "Nothing. Look at yourself, you need sleep. I'll come back tomorrow. Let's go visit Yunmeng, Oh. . . look at this, you even hide the Emperor Smile ah! How greedy, Ah–Cheng~ "

 The other grinned at him, teasing. "Ah, whatever." Jiang Cheng turned to go back working. He heard the sound of slamming door. Finally, his world is peaceful again. 

 He saw his phone on the desk, no sign of lighting up. It means there was still no message.

His sight went down on the computer screen, where someone's face that is drawn can be seen—long haired man, white ancient clothes, white forehead ribbon, and the soothing smile. 

Why he suddenly felt a sudden loneliness, as if he's mourning for a person he'd never know in the first place. It just a piece of the assigned project he must draw. Nothing more, nothing less.

 "Arf! Atf!" His dog, Mo Li barked from his feet. 

He looked down and smiled. 

 Shan Shan also came barking with a joyous sound. 

 "Ah~ are you guys hungry?" He always talked to his beloved dogs. 

Ever since, these dogs are the only ones he played with, filling his everyday life. After making food for the dogs, he go back drawing, listening to music, and many more activities he can do inside of his own apartment. 

Then he take a nap, sleeping and falling into strange dream. When he woke up, there is a lingering feeling of yearning. 

 He do not know why. But there's something he have no idea with. What is it? Jiang Cheng shook his head and ready for the dinner time. 

On the next day, he goes with Wei Wuxian at Yunmeng to enjoy the lantern festival, the guy is with his husband Lan Wangji. 

They're walking side by side with each other, making him to follow them behind in trail and looking like the third wheel. There are many couples around him that adding salt to his annoyance, he starts to question why the heck he's doing here for, to be a third wheel or to be a chaperon for these two grown up men. Ahead of them, a familiar man from before are waiting for them. Instantly, he felt a sudden of nervousness and it making his heartbeats move in not so normal everyday pace. 

They stopped in front of the handsome man. Jiang Cheng stared quietly.

At that moment, their eyes met. 

 Jiang Cheng felt something crack. Again, that strange noise.

 The handsome man raised his hand for a handshake. He reluctantly let himself to move and take the other's hand. Once they touched each other. Jiang Cheng find himself standing at somewhere, unfamiliar room, where looking white and clean. 

Then rapidly changed into another place—another room looking like ancient library. He saw someone walked inside, a young boy in purple clothes, purple ribbon swaying along with his steps and the familiar melody coming from certain thing that tied within his waist. 

 The boy picked one book and sat near of a window and started reading. And then someone came, white clothes are fluttering along to the beautiful male. They noticed each other and gave the proper greetings, sitting across to one another.

 They shared a moment of silence. 

 Jiang Cheng eyes-wide, looking at the two people. Without a warning, he was already falling into endless hole while there were a lot of images of people and chains of events showing before his sight. His mother stern expression.

 His father looking at him.

 His sister warm smile. 

 Wei Wuxian grinning face.

 Lan Wanji is Lan Wangji.

Nie Huisang fanning. 

 Jin Zixuan. 

 And Jin Ling adorable face. 

 But, mostly a man in white clothes. Jiang Cheng finally meet solid ground, he laid there with warm tears falling from his eyes. Again, his surrounding starts to vanish, changing to modern mansion, where he stood before one closed door. There voices at the other side, they're sound familiar to him. 

 ' Why are you doing these to me!? '

 ' Am I not enough!? '

 ' Is my body cannot satisfy you!?' 

 ' Lan Huan why! why you cannot control yourself! ' 

' I cannot take these. . . I want a divorce. . . ' 

 The door harshly pushed opened, the same man from earlier but a bit older came out and hastily locked someone inside. 

His body merely passed Jiang Cheng like a ghost with flicker lights.

 "Sorry, Ah-Cheng..." 

 Then Jiang Cheng was standing inside the room, seeing a man banging the door while shouting from top of his lungs, as if feeling another presence he turned around and something in Jiang Cheng's mind clicked. 

 Bowing the heavens and earth.... A night of harmony....

Praying before their ancestors... 

 Enjoying each other's birthday..

. Walking alongside by each other...

 Drinking tea together...

 Sleeping beside each other... 

 The betrayal and affairs... 

 The confrontation... 

 Then the wheeler truck.... 

 Tears flowed. Jiang Cheng finally get it as he slowly vanishing from the scene and deliberately falling into a void of darkness. 

 He sobbed. 

 Until then the source of light came out in front of him that coming from his mobile phone. He stared and noticed something. 

 One message received! 

 Without hesitation, he tapped it.

 Before him the screens are starting to show, next, next and next. 

 From : Lan Xichen. I love you, Jiang Cheng... 

 Jiang Cheng read the content, all of the things are clicking together now.

 "Jiang Cheng, why are you staring at Big Brother? Do you know him" Wei Wuxian asked. 

 The familiar man before him gave a warm smile. " Nice to meet you Jiang Cheng, I'm Lan Xichen, but Lan Huan is fine too." 

Jiang Cheng smiled. " Nice to meet you, Big Brother Lan. "

 "Let's go get the lanterns." Lan Xichen suggested smiling kindly. 

Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji agreed walking away. And as for him, he didn't follow them. 

 "Oi, Jiang Cheng! Hurry up!" He only faintly smiled at them, seeing Lan Xichen's figure a few steps away from him who's waiting. 

 "What's wrong?" 

 "Nothing. And.." He looked at the man and sadly smiled. " Thank You." 

 Instantly everything was gone and he is staring at the message content once again. 

He completely understood now, what is this place or where is he — in a made up reality by his mind just to escape of his another life somewhere. Jiang Cheng knew how much painful those memories are and it making him sad. Sometimes it's hurts to remember everything what had transpired to him with the other man.

 He can stay here and begin his life with happiness. But, that person must be waiting for him. 

 Even if their memories together wasn't all happiness and really painful. 

Those memories with him are part of his life that would make him stronger. He need to go forward and continue to live on. 

 Because he love him so much. 

 He is not alone. 

 <~~~~[∆_∆]~~~> 

 Somewhere, inside of one room. The unconscious man laid in comfortable bed with lot of wire connected to his body as he sleep there soundlessly. Its been ten years ever since this person's accident but there are no signs of him waking up. There were many people finally give up on him and never even bothered anymore. 

But, there is some individuals whom are still hoping and praying for him to wake up. Just like him, Wei Wuxian entered the room, he is wearing a white hospital coat. Sadness filled his eyes as he gaze down at the unmoving man.

 "We're waiting for you.." He whispers to the sleeping person. "Even him, so wake up already." He left with mourning heart.

 After an hour, another one came. "Uncle...." Jin Ling voice broke and he starts to cry. "I got a hundred points in mathematics. Praise me now will you?" 

 No response. "Uncle..." 

 No response. "I miss you."

 The boy left with tears in his eyes like other days. While a paper with 100 score points was carefully in his hand, afraid of crumpling it. 

Then a wife and husband entered the room too.

Jiang Yanli woefully smiled, " How are you A-cheng? I hope you're having a good dream. You know, A-ling would like to see you in his birthday in this year. I'm going to cook your favorite food too for that occasion. . . A-Cheng, let's celebrate his birthday together. I will wait for you." Jin Zixuan hugged his beloved wife, silently wishing for the brother-in-law to open his eyes. It took them another hour for staying in like every other day. 

 When everyone are done with their usual visits. It is the time for certain person to do what he always do. 

Lan Xichen walked inside carrying a plate of well sliced apples, he set the chair beside his beloved.

 Then so on, he is starting to speak with a gentle voice about the things had happened today as well reminiscing every of the days they shared together. His endless tale of words never seems to end. Like it's how the seasons turn with time and a winter of falling snow whispers their silent goodbyes. 

If there's a power or machine that can turn back time, he would do anything to change every mistakes he have done. Lan Xichen even will make everything just so he can keep his beloved safe. Upon the sins he have done, he will accept any kind bouquet of retribution just to let his beloved wake up again, even if he must to let go of him and let him find happiness from another person.

 "A-Cheng..." Lan Xichen weakly called out, grasping the other hand. He find no response as always. It made him to feel the yearning for miracle over and over again. 

Whispering inside within his mind, redoing, repeating and so it be. He closed his eyes, bringing down his head on the warm bed. It's too much, too painful, seeing your beloved not even moving and looking at you. 

 Like what he swear that day, forever, he will love him til the end of his last breath. No matter how much time may pass him by, he will always be here, keep waiting for his dear beloved. 

 Lan Xichen hadn't noticed that Jiang Cheng finally opening his eyes. 

 \[÷_÷]/ END \[÷_÷]/

 [Words: 2288] 

[07-14-19] 

ShenMa Logged Out! 

Someone asked if JC would ever wake up,so here is it. 

And, again! I'm not against Of these pair I love them!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.4K 431 29
Yizhan FF/Wangxian FF I got this idea from a drama My cat boyfriend so credits to it for the idea.
19.8K 692 14
just letting every characters watch MDZS let everyone know how innocent our Wei ying was and ofcourse the legendary love story of yilling patriarch...
2.7K 70 15
Oneshots of Hualian and some other ships. Btw, there is almost no angst. My heart can't take it. I don't own Heaven Offical's Blessings. I'm just bor...
1.5K 117 24
Yang Yu Teng is a whore, Lin Zi Hong is a client, the rest is history. More of my SamYU fics: https://archiveofourown.org/users/Bharryismylife/works