once // calum hood

By kristxn

don't forget that you loved me once // continuation/sequel to Talk Fast Started on January 1, 2019 Ended Jun... More

Playlist
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
Authors Note/Concepts

18

3.9K 80 7
By kristxn

In the middle of the movie Hayden and I are watching, my phone begins to ring loudly on the table next to my bed. It's almost two am, but I know exactly who it is. I pick it up and scoot closer to Hayden so he can see us while she pauses the movie. 

"Hey, Cal!" She screams before I get to. 

"You look like you're awful close to my girlfriend there." Calum raises an eyebrow after he wipes his head off with a towel. He's either really sweaty, or he just got out of the shower, I assume the latter because of the time. 

"Haven't you heard? She's my girlfriend now." Hayden winks at her, and we both burst into laughter. 

"You lost me on that one. What are you two on about?" Calum asks, chuckling. 

"So we went to my parent's house for dinner tonight. I had told them previously that there was something I needed to talk about and that I was bringing someone with me. They actually thought I went over there to come out to them." Hayden leans her head closer to my shoulder as I speak. 

"Damn, so were they disappointed when you told them you were mine again?" As Calum walks away from where he was, I realize he's in his hotel room which means he's probably not alone.

"Her mom said the sweetest thing about how she knew you two were special. It was so cute." Hayden swoons, and I roll my eyes. 

"Most of that was for Hayden. She hated the person I was after you left and I'm sure she like cursed you every day of that six months. I hate how fake she is sometimes." 

Calum scrunches his nose, and I laugh. "That's a cute look on you."

His hair has started to grow out some, so it's more of an ash color since his roots are growing through. I personally like it a lot better this way. I'm glad his hair has started to grow out. It gives me more to run my fingers through. 

"So... The final decision...?" Calum asks in a hopeful tone, but also a little unsure. 

I look over at Hayden just to make Cal more nervous. 

"I'm moving in!!" I yell, and Hayden shouts a "woohoo!" at him, and a wide grin spreads across his face. 

"You asked Teagan to move in with you?" I hear a voice in the background that I immediately recognize as Luke. 

Calum looks over to the side where I'm assuming Luke is sitting. "Yeah dumbass, I fucking told all three of you at the same time earlier after we ended our call." 

Luke mumbles something else, and Calum throws a pillow at him before he looks back to Hayden and me. "Honestly, I'm so happy you said yes. It feels good to know that when I come home, you'll be there waiting for me." 

"Always, Cal. I'm so excited, and I almost don't want to wait another week to leave." 

Hayden wraps her arms around my shoulders. "I'm making you wait a week because I will miss you too much once you're gone. So don't even try to move her flight, Hood." 

She sends him a playful glare, and he nods. "Yes, ma'am."

"What do you guys have to do in the morning? It's getting late, and you're still awake." I question. I wonder for a second if Cal would rather have a conversation without Hayden laying next to me, but he's in a room with Luke, so I feel less bad. 

"We have some interviews and promo stuff to do, but we don't have to get up until a little before noon. Ash and Michael went out for drinks, but Luke here decided he wasn't feeling good and convinced me to stay with him. I think it's fucking bullshit and he just wanted someone to watching fucking... big bang theory with." Calum pauses to look and see what show is playing on the tv. 

"Alright, just talk to me when you can tomorrow then. I think we're going to go to bed. Send me Mali's number so I can tell her I'm coming!! I don't want you to. I'm so excited to see her again." I gush, I really did like Mali, and I was glad to be able to spend some time with her. Calum nods. 

"I will baby, I promise I'll let you tell her. Sleep tight, T. Night, Hayden." He waves one last time before the call ends and I set my phone back down on the nightstand. 

"I know I say this like every time I see you two do something together, but I refuse to be your friend anymore if he asks you to marry him and you say no." 

I roll my eyes. "You don't even know that he'll ask me to marry him. Shut up." 

"God, how could he not? You're hot, and I'd date you." Hayden giggles and so do I.

"That's a topic that's come up multiple times today. We probably shouldn't joke about it." I shift in the bed and get more comfortable, so I can get ready to go to sleep facing away from Hayden. 

"I mean, I'm bisexual, and it doesn't offend me." She says quietly. I slowly roll over to face her, but she's not looking at me. 

"You are?" 

By the look in her eyes when she looked up at me, I could tell she was extremely nervous like maybe she hadn't meant to say it at all. It just slipped out. 

"Yeah. I was planning on telling you a different way, but I guess I was comfortable enough that it just came out. No pun intended." She gives me a small smile, and I feel my heart swell a little bit. The fact that she feels that comfortable with me makes me happier than anything else. 

"I'm thrilled that you felt like you could tell me. You'll always be safe with me." I hold my arms out for her, and she scoots into them. 

"Thank you so much, Teagan." She sniffles from where her head is buried into my shoulder, and I feel tears well up in my eyes. 

"Oh, now I'm getting emotional too." We both let out a laugh amid our tears. 

"We better go to sleep before we turn delusional." Her words are muffled, but I nod in agreement, turning off my bedside lamp.

"Night."

+++

From: unknown number
TEAGAN!! 
I'm so excited to see you again. 

it's mali btw
you're going to LOVE this place I promise

To: Mali
who told you I said yes??

From: Mali

fuck calum told me to let you tell me first I forgot

To: Mali
:( I wanted it to be a surprise 
I'm going to hurt him

From: Mali
it's not his fault that he's excited that the love of his life is moving into his house

To: Mali
you and Hayden are all about him being in love with me recently
I thought we already knew he loved me?? 

or was it all a joke on me up until now? 😂

From: Mali
ofc he loves you, and we all knew that but
moving in is a big step in a relationship

To: Mali

I guess it doesn't seem that serious because he won't be there for a couple of months
but I'm really excited, don't think I'm not
for my whole life pretty much we've gone to Cali for summer vacations, and I always thought about moving there

From: Mali
start packing!! just seven days left girl!!

To: Mali

Ok Ok!! See you SO soon!!

I laugh sitting in the middle of my room surrounded by empty boxes that are supposed to be filled by now. Calum wanted me to start sending boxes before I got there so I wouldn't have to wait on my things. I hadn't been as on top of packing as he wanted me to be though, that was clear. 

"What are you laughing about?" Hayden's voice carries throughout the apartment and then she appears at my bedroom door. 

"Oh god, you haven't gotten anything packed since I left you alone an hour ago!" Hayden scolds, holding her hands out and motioning around the room. 

"I got distracted on Instagram, and then Mali started texting me and then... nothing got done." I shrug my shoulders and give her my best puppy dog eyes. 

"The reason I left is that I was distracting you!! Obviously, it didn't make a difference if I was here or not. Don't give me that look." She points at me like she's my mother and I'm a five-year-old who got into the cookie jar. 

"I just never realized how much stuff I have. I thought I threw a lot of stuff away when I moved out of my parent's house. Ugh."

"You can throw more away if you want to, but we have to start now, or you're not going to have anything once you get there." She walks over to me and takes my phone out of my hand. After she sets it on the dresser, she grabs my hands to help me up. 

"We'll go through your drawers first." 

We spend the next six hours going through everything in my room. We've filled two big trash bags of stuff to donate or throw away, and we put the things I'm keeping into boxes. I leave about two weeks worth of outfits in my closet but pack away the rest into boxes to send ahead of me. That will also make traveling a lot easier. I will only have to carry a duffel bag with me. 

"Wow, seeing it all in boxes kind of makes me sad, like it wasn't real until now." Hayden sighs, and so do I.

"Same I think. How about we take these to Goodwill and then these to the post office and then we can have a girls night?" I look over at her with a questioning look. 

"Isn't every night a girls night here? I'm down." She laughs, turning around to find her keys. 

After we make labels for all of the boxes, we load them into the car and make our way to the nearest Goodwill. We both take a bag to the drop-off door and soon we're on our way to the post office. It takes us a little bit to take all of the boxes inside, some of the employees help us but then we spend another thirty minutes getting labels and writing Calums address on all of them. 

"This is your address now, you better learn it. I'm keeping it so I can show up whenever I want." Hayden takes a picture of one of the labels, and I roll my eyes. 

"You can come any time, just don't tell Calum." I wink at her to let her know I'm joking and she flips me off. 

As we're lifting the last boxes onto the scale, I FaceTime Calum. 

"Look! All of my stuff is officially headed to California." I smile big and hold my hand out so he can see. 

"Wow, a whole week in advance, I'm impressed." 

Hayden butts her head into view, "It's only because of me. I basically did it for her." 

"Not true, she held up stuff while I told her if I wanted to keep it or not." I shake my head. 

Calum laughs and shrugs his shoulders.

"Oh I just remembered I'm mad at you, I'm hanging up now." I saw, scrunching my eyebrows. 

"Woah! Wait for a second hot rod. Why?" Calum says fast before I can press the red button. 

"Because you told Mali that I decided to come before I got to, and I told you that I wanted to!" My bottom lip juts out into a pout, and he curses under his breath. 

"I told Mali not to tell you she knew. I'm going to call her after this." Cal grumbles and I shake my head. 

"She's not the one who did anything wrong, mister. I wanted to have that moment with her." I giggle, and he gives me a pouty face. 

"I just got so excited after you told me that I had to tell someone that wasn't the boys because they fucking suck at being happy for me." He laughs. 

I look at Hayden to make sure she's got the rest of the boxes and hand her my debit card so she can pay, and then I make my way outside. 

"Hey, that wasn't something you can say and blow off. What does that mean?" I open the door and feel the slightly warm air hit my skin. 

"They gave me shit about asking you to move in with me, and I got annoyed. It wasn't a big deal." He shook his head and waved his hand like it wasn't important. 

"How is that not a big deal? I thought the boys liked me?" I'm sure I'm visibly upset, but I think that's normal considering I see the three of them as some of my best friends.

"They do, I think they're just shocked because before you I had pretty much sworn off love. We haven't even known each other a year, and I've already asked you to move in, so they're just unnecessarily looking out for me." Calum rolls his eyes, and I sniff. 

He focuses back on me and notices that I've gone quiet. 

"Hey, T, they didn't mean it like that. I promise. They're happy that we're happy, and if they're not then, I'll kick their asses." I squint at him, trying to decide if what he's saying is true. 

"If they told you that they didn't think it was a good idea, would you listen?" 

If Calum is the type to listen to anything the boys say, then he could decide in a week that he doesn't want me in his house anymore and then I'd be stuck. 

"If they came to me with good reason, yes I'd listen. They came to me saying they thought this was moving a little fast, but that's us. We were in love after knowing each other for two months. I do not doubt that this is a good move for our relationship. Our relationship has always moved a little faster than normal, but that doesn't mean it's a bad thing. We're both grown, and we know how we feel." Calum shrugs, and I blink a few times, so my tears don't actually fall down my cheeks. 

"But you're sure they don't hate me?" I ask, my voice quiet and soft. 

"Teagan, if they hated you, the issue would've come up a long time ago. They love you, and they're happy for us. Don't stress about it, okay? Look at me." 

I look back up at the screen and notice that he's brought it closer to his face. 

"Hell, even if they had told me not to I would've asked you to move in with me anyway. I'm so fucking in love with you, and that will never change, T." 

I giggle at his attitude, and he smiles. "I love that pretty smile." 

"Alright, Hayden is coming out so I'll talk to you soon. We're having a girls night tonight so don't bug me." I wink at him, and he chuckles. 

"Yeah yeah, I'll try to be the opposite of the clingy boyfriend I usually am." 

We wave goodbye before I hang up and push my phone into my back pocket. 

"Okay, that's done, but after all that money you just spent shipping your things across the US, I'm going to pay for our facemasks and snacks for tonight." Hayden lets out a 'phew' sound, and I laugh. 

"Sounds like a plan." 

+++

teagantidwell, lukehemmings, calumhood, malikoa, & 41,520 others liked this photo
haydena: forever my froomie, even if you're moving across the US without me 😢💕

teagantidwell: i'll be back at ur doorstep if cal ever kicks me out 😉
malikoa: sad for u hayden but SO HAPPY TO SEE MY GIRL AGAIN
calumhood: never gonna happen😘 teagantidwell
haydena: calumhood i'm sad don't rub it in my face that she's leaving me FOR YOU
teagantidwell: haydena you'll always be my lover 😜
calumhood: 😭😭😭

+++++

technically I'm only 3 minutes late ok I tried so hard to get this done today but late is better than never, right??

something big is happening soon :))) but don't get ur hopes up it's sad & that's all the info i'm going to give u!!! 

DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT AND VOTE

if you want to be friends or if you like to read text imagines, follow my instagram!! kr.stxn

ily ALWAYS
kristen

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 58 65
This is a sequel to the book: I turn to you. Please, before reading this book, go to my profile and read the first one. Here's the link anyways http...
63 0 20
No description. Read to find out...
257K 7.2K 46
𝙨𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙚𝙨 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙢𝙞𝙨𝙚 𝙨𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧. 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙞𝙩'𝙨 𝙣𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙮 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙮, 𝙧𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 ?