Guilt ▻ The Originals [3]

بواسطة arios2004

In which Ophelia Rose is pregnant and almost an entirely different person after what she's been through and t... المزيد

CAST
FULL PLAYLIST
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
33
34
35
36

32

1.4K 43 8
بواسطة arios2004

After Cami arrived at the Mikaelson Compound, revealing to be bitten, the blonde vampire sat on the sofa, looking around wearily. Freya and Klaus were near the doorway talking quietly while Hayley and Ophelia stood near Cami, "Cami, Cami?" Hayley called out to Cami, who took a moment before turning to her and Ophelia, "Cami, hey. Are you alright?"

Hayley walked towards her and sat on the sofa opposite to her while Ophelia continued to stand, "Yeah. Considering." She responded in a somewhat calm tone.

Klaus turned around from Freya, carrying a cloth and an open jar, Freya following behind him. He handed it to Ophelia, who grabbed it from his hands before sitting on the couch next to her, "Hold still. I'm warning you, this is going to burn like a bitch." She warned Cami, taking her arm with one hand and pressing the cloth to her bite with the other.

Cami gasped in pain immediately after the substance on the cloth began to irritate the bite, "Ow, ow, what is that?" She asked in concerned, wincing at the pain.

"It's a healing salve," Freya informed Cami as she walked closer to her, "Motherwort, white willow bark, the recipe's over a thousand years old."

"So the good stuff, huh?" Cami questioned curiously.

"It will ease the pain, dull the symptoms, but it won't stop the infection," Freya explained, causing Cami to sigh.

"So I'm screwed?" She asked Freya quietly, looking directly at Freya.

"We're gonna do everything that we can, Cami." Hayley assured Cami in a calm tone.

Just then, Elijah walked into the room followed by Vincent, "To that end, a little assistance." He announced to the group.

"Cami, I'm so sorry," Vincent told his friend apologetically, looking deeply saddened

"You should be, this is your fault. It was you who turned Lucien into a beast," Klaus growled, beginning to advance on Vincent.

Quickly, Ophelia stood up from the sofa, using her vampire speed, to step in front of Klaus before he could get the Vincent, "Klaus, stop. It's not his fault." Cami demanded, not wanting Klaus to hurt her friend.

"Cami's right," Hayley spoke up, causing Klaus to turn to her, "We all need to work together to fix this."

"Yeah, yeah, I think I know how to fix it," Klaus spoke up, coming to a realization, "Lucien has always been obsessed with me, he made himself like me, my bite is cured by my blood."

"So, you think his blood can save her?" Ophelia asked Klaus curiously, raising a brow at him.

"It makes sense," Elijah spoke up, agreeing with Klaus, "Lucien would want that power."

"Allowing him to Lord himself over his victims." Klaus nodded, continuing on for Elijah.

"Okay, so we got a working theory, now we gotta test it," Vincent told the group in a confident tone.

"Lucien's blood is all over my apartment, I sliced him all to hell before I ran," Cami informed the group and Ophelia immediately knew she must have used one of her dark objects.

"Okay, I got this one, Lucien's got no reason to be on the lookout for me," Vincent told before leaving without another word said.

"Maybe we hedge our bets," Hayley proposed, "Hope is a Mikaelson witch who carries the wolf gene, we already know that she's got healing powers."

"It's worth a try," Freya replied, nodding her head in encouragement.

"I'll tell Mary that I'm coming," Hayley told them before leaving with Elijah following soon after.

Just as Ophelia was about to leave, Cami spoke up, "Ophelia?" She called out, causing Ophelia to turn to her, "Could you call Davina? To tell her what happened?"

Ophelia smiled sadly, nodding her head, "Sure thing." She responded before exiting the room.

Once making it down the stairs and to the courtyard, Ophelia dialed Davina's number, "I'm in the middle of something." Davina complained, almost immediately after answering the phone call.

Ophelia sighed, a sad look on her face as she began to tell the girl the news, "Davina, we have a situation," She informed her quietly, "Lucien went after Cami, now she managed to get away but he bit her."

"What? Is she-" Davina asked in concern, but Ophelia was quick to cut her off.

"No, no, no, she's still alive. Don't worry," Ophelia assured her in a calm tone, "Klaus is with her at the Compound. I'm there now. Do you want me to leave to come get you?"

"No, it's fine," Davina responded, "But I think I have a plan to help Cami. Do you want to join?"

"Since it involves you, I know for sure it's going to going dangerous," Ophelia commented, a small smile on her face, "Count me in."

______

At Rousseau's, loud dance music was playing in the crowded area, with a large group of partygoers dancing and drinking. A vampire was biting the neck of an unknown human before Lucien jumped on top of the bar and held out a bottle of alcohol, "Ah! Ladies and gentlemen make some noise!" He announced loudly, the crowded cheering and applauding for Lucien as they raised their bottles, "Come on, let the Mikaelson's hear you!"

Hearing his words, the crowd cheered once more, "Even now, they hide in their dreadful, outdated fortress while we celebrate the liberation of New Orleans!" He shouted out loudly, "Klaus' tenure is at an end. I expect he will arrive soon enough, seeking his retribution. And when he does, the real party can begin!"

As the crowd cheered and celebrated along with him, Lucien knelt down on the bar top and sunk his fangs into a random woman's neck.

Unbeknown to him, during his speech, Ophelia and Davina entered the bar. Davina walked through the crowd alongside Ophelia while holding a small vial and began to draw a line with the contents around the entrance's.

Once doing so, she turned to Ophelia, who had given her the instructions of placing the contents in a line around the entrance.

Ophelia smirked, standing behind the crowded in silence for a moment before finally announcing Davina's and her own arrival.

Ophelia held out her right arm, which stopped the music and all of the party-goers suddenly stopped and looked towards her and Davina, "You know, it's impolite to stare. Maybe you should take a few moments to think about finally learning some manners," Ophelia spoke up in a mocking tone and with the snap of her fingers, everyone in the crowd inside the bar collapsed to the floor, unconscious.

All except for Lucien, however, who stood up on the bar top, smiling down at Ophelia and Davina, "Well! What have we here? Davina Claire and the legendary Ophelia Rose." He enthusiastically announced.

Lucien decided to make a show of jumping from the bar and circles around with a smug grin on his face, motioning around the room, "Tossing about sleeping spells. Rather clever, if somewhat of a buzzkill," He paused, turning to look directly at Ophelia, "Oh, speaking of killing."

He growled and immediately began to charge towards the woman, his fangs bared. However, before he could even make it to her, Ophelia easily defended the girl by holding out her arm and knocking him towards the floor.

"Did you really think that was a good idea?" She asked, beginning to laugh in amusement, "You're an idiot."

Ophelia turned to look at Davina, "Take it out, Davina," She demanded and the young witch immediately out a straw-looking doll out of her bag.

Seeing the doll, Lucien stared at her in amusement, "Did you really bring your favorite doll to a bar fight?" He asked her, beginning laugh.

"The Figure Veritas will ensure the next words you speak will be the truth," Davina informed Lucien confidently.

"Ooh," Lucien grinned, winking at both Davina and Ophelia, clearly unfazed.

Several moments later, Lucien was pacing around the floor in front of an unconscious female, coming to stand in front of Davina and Ophelia, who looked anything but impressed.

"I suppose I should just fess up. Tell the two of you all of my deepest, darkest secrets," He told the two females, smirking, "I'm a Scorpio, I prefer wine to Whiskey, got a bit of a sweet tooth...Oh, my greatest joy is listening to the screams of my victims just before I end them."

Ophelia rolled her eyes in annoyance before Davina quickly held up the Figure Veritas against him, "Tell us how to cure Cami." Davina demanded in a stern tone.

Lucien lifted his hands up, trying to block Davina from him as she pushed the Figure Veritas toward him, "So persistant. No wonder the Ancestors find you so annoying and want her dead," He paused, pointing toward Ophelia, "How splended that they have a plan to shut you both up for good."

As indistinct whispering began, Lucien suddenly walked towards the duo, easily crossing over the line they earlier constructed, intimidating Davina, who held out the Figure Veritas in fear while Ophelia remained still, waiting to fight back only if he tried to lay his hands on Davina.

Lucien stepped toward Davina, grabbing the figure from her hands before breaking it in two. He threw them aside and stopped in front of the two girls, "Oh, no need to point that hideous thing at me, love, I'm happy to tell you whatever you want to know."

Davina looked around wearily, sputtering slightly as she glanced over at Ophelia, "How are you doing this?" She asked Lucien concerned.

"Oh, not me, love. I've got the Ancestors on my side, ready with a wealth of witchy woes for those who appose me." He informed her, causing Ophelia to sigh.

Lucien continued to stay in close proximity of Ophelia and Davina as they questioned him in confusion, "Why would the Ancestors help you, of all people?" Ophelia asked Lucien, furrowing her eyebrows.

Lucien turned away from Davina and walked closer to Ophelia. When they were just inches apart, Lucien lifted his hand up and began to stroke Ophelia's hair softly.

Ophelia was shaken and clearly wanted to pull away, but she kept still and didn't fight back so that Lucien would answer her question, "I made them a promise. See, if they help me, we'd exterminate a certain family of vermin vampire. Your family, in fact," He paused for a moment, pulling away from Ophelia before shrugging, "Innocent's may get caught in the crossfire."

"You silly fools with your unbridled optimism!" Lucien continued on as he began to walk around a bit, "Always hoping there's some way out. Some loophole to save you from your doom. Well, the thing is, I don't believe in loopholes. My bite has no cure. Your sweet Camille is going to die."

After his statement, Davina and Ophelia turned to each other, both of them looking heartbroken and hopeless by the revelation.

Lucien picked up a knife and clinked it against the top of a chair twice as he looked at Ophelia and Davina in irritation, both of which continued to stand in place while Lucien moved around frequently, "You are going to wake them, aren't you?" He questioned, gesturing to all of the unconscious people on the ground, "I've got a party to finish."

"Go to hell," Ophelia growled, glaring at Lucien with such hate and fury in her eyes.

"Ah, still smarting over the whole Cami thing? Well, if you wanted a happier tale, perhaps you should've inquired about my recent vacation to the Maldives?" He asked her in amusement, causing Ophelia to become even angrier while Davina decided to speak up.

"Why are you doing this?" Davina asked, a horrified look on her face.

"Because I can," Lucien responded, looking to not have a care in the world for what he told her.

"If you have some sick rivalry with Klaus, then you guys can compete to see who's the most miserable, but you don't have to hurt Cami." Davina continued on, which clearly angered Lucien.

Lucien suddenly slammed his fist down against the table, startling Davina while Ophelia quickly pushed the girl behind her, "Of course I do!" he argued, "Nik stole the love of my life!"

Even after his sudden angry outburst, Lucien laughed bitterly as he began to touch the tip of the knife he embedded in the table, "A shattering defeat for most men. But I have since realized that love simply makes one weak, and I can prove it. I've been wanting to kill you, Ophelia, for a very long time."

"And why haven't you?" Ophelia questioned Lucien, showing no fear toward him unlike him.

"Well, at first, I was captured by your beauty and your actions," He paused, laughing maniacally, "I thought, 'What fun it would be to have you on my side. As my lover and my weapon.' But then I came to a realization. I've been planning to kill everyone Klaus cares about one by one. The less important ones first, of course. Like Camille and Finn. What better way than to end it all by waiting to kill you last, which would destroy him so badly, he'll be forced to come after me." He explained, causing Ophelia to give him a horrified look, "Nik will be struck by such overpowering grief, he will lash out at me. But I, being unencumbered by something as mawkish of a romantic attachment, will end him. Now, since I have been so kind as to answer all of your questions and you are by no means capable of stopping me, could you two be so kind as to please go on your way?"

Ophelia and Davina backed away instantly, hitting the door slightly in her quick retreat although halted and turned back to him, "Why are you letting us go?" Davina asked him in concerned.

"Ah, my darling..." He trailed off with a wide grin on his face, "I've explained my reasoning for Ophelia, but you...You are not mine to kill. The Ancestors have something else in store for you. You should ask your boyfriend Kol about it."

Ophelia's eyes widened in alarm, quickly grabbing Davina's arm before speeding out of Rousseau's as quick as she could.

______

Downstairs in the darkened Courtyard, Ophelia and Davina hurried through the gate and witnesses the glooming atmosphere with Freya and Hayley, with Hope on her lap, sitting around a candle-lit table with Vincent standing behind them pacing and Marcel seated around a separate table with his hands pressed to his face.

Davina, with tears in her eyes, turned to Marcel, "Marcel?" She called out, only to have to the man turned around and give her the look that told her that Cami was gone.

A single tear fell down Ophelia's cheek as she quietly gasped in shock, clearly not saddened that she didn't get to say her goodbye.

Ophelia's sadness suddenly turned into anger as she flipped the table that was next to Marcel, "Ophelia," Davina spoke up in a soft voice, causing Ophelia to turn to her, calming down at the sound of her voice.

Davina walked toward Ophelia, who immediately hugged her as they both began to cry over Camille's death.

____

Meanwhile, Ophelia sat at Cami's bed, beginning to say her goodbyes to the woman, "You know, I've met a lot of people in the three hundred years that I've been alive," She spoke up, wiping the tears from her cheeks, "So many people have passed through New Orleans. But truth be told, Cami, I've met none quite like you. You spent a whole lot of time around this family, yet you've always remained pure. And that's difficult to do. Take me and Hayley for example. Through it all, even after becoming a vampire, you remained pure-hearted," She paused, letting out a large, "You deserved better than what you got Cami, and I promise you, you will be avenged."

Ophelia stood up, walking closer to the bed Cami laid on before placing the blanket over her head. She took a shaky breath before leaving the bedroom.

Suddenly, as she exited the room, the ground began, an earthquake suddenly affecting New Orleans.

Ophelia let out a large gasp as her eyes turned white, meaning she was getting a vision of what was happening at that very moment. Klaus, who was walking down the hallway, quickly steadied Ophelia before she could fall during it.

Ophelia's vision suddenly brought her to St. James' infirmary where Davina was sitting beside Kol's daggered body when the earthquake happened.

Davina quickly stood up and headed towards the door. As her back was turned, the dagger in Kol's chest was slowly being pulled out by an unseen force. When Davina turned her head, she shrieked when a light suddenly blew from beside her, causing sparks to fly.

She turned back towards where Kol's body was, only to have her eyes widen in shock when Kol was no longer there, "Kol?" She called out worriedly.

Suddenly, Kol vamp-sped behind her and as she jumped around, Kol was standing there, his fangs bared, causing her to gasp in shock.

He growled at Davina before attacking her, forcing her against the bar and viciously feeding from her.

Davina screamed and weakly attempted to push him away, although quickly lost her strength and slowly died as Kol continued his attack. Ophelia tried to stop the vision so that she could save Davina, but found herself unable to stop what she was seeing.

Kol pulled back after several long moments, looking down at Davina's dead body in devastation as he suddenly realized what he had done, "Davina? No, no, no," He muttered to himself, holding her face in his hands before biting into his wrist and desperately trying to feed her his blood, "Wake up! Wake up! wake up...wake up."

Kol pulled her body towards his and hugged her tightly as he cried against her, begging her to wake up.

Finally, Ophelia's eyes went back to normal, causing her to loudly gasp, Klaus standing next to her, looking worried, "What's wrong, love? What did you see?" Klaus asked Ophelia in concerned.

Ophelia pushed Klaus backward, looking distraught, "I have to go, I have to find Davina," She quickly responded and before he could stop her, Ophelia sped out of the compound.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

150K 2.2K 25
Faith Mikaelson, twin of Hope Mikaelson, shares the tribid nature and the powers with her sister. However she has always felt like the forgotten abou...
22.1K 891 46
Hope Mikaelson has a painful past. She lost her parents at only fifteen and left with tremendous amount of responsibilities. Only, she has no idea wh...
2.6K 107 8
I do not own these characters, those rights go to Julie Plec. This doesn't take place in any of the seasons of Legacies. Hope became a tribrid, a...
80.2K 1.6K 18
For the Mikaelson's to give up Hope, to protect her from Dahlia was devastating. And to lose her into the world was like shattering their hearts, esp...