9

Two weeks had passed and a lot had happened. Ophelia had almost been killed by Shen Min, an eight-hundred-year-old vampire, alongside Marcel and Hayley. Klaus was pursuing Aurora, completely ignoring Ophelia and acting as if she didn't exist. And soon thereafter, the Mikaelson clan had figured out that the Strix had gotten ahold of Rebekah. Ophelia had also been doing it a bit of her own investigation. On Lucien, whom she knew had something that was dangerous to the Mikaelsons.

It was dusk outside. Ophelia, Elijah, Marcel, and Hayley had come to the attic of St. Louis Cathedral to meet with Freya, who had lit dozens of white candles in preparation for more spellwork as the five discussed what they had learned in the last day or so, "So, where is Klaus?" Hayley questioned the group curiously.

Freya, who was leaning against the table and looking exhausted, sighed, "When I told him about Rebekah, he said he'd pursue another lead."

Ophelia scoffed, looking over at Hayley, "Which my guess means that he's in bed with Aurora," She commented, earning an eye roll from Elijah, even though he had the feeling that she was right.

Elijah took Freya's athame and used it to slice open his palm so he could bleed into a bronze bowl on the table, which laid on top of a large paper map that covered the entire table top, "Forget Niklaus," He spoke up, whipping out his handkerchief, which he used to clean up his hands after he finished bleeding into the bowl. He then handed the bowl to Freya, "You will find her."

Marcel turned and looked at Freya nervously, "Now, you sure you got enough ju-ju for a world-wide locator spell?"

"She's my family. I won't lose her." Freya told Marcel in a determined tone as she took a deep breath before putting her hands around the rim of the bowl of blood and beginning the spell, "Le six ce strul no cruv. Le six ce strul no cruv."

Hayley and Ophelia turned to each other, sharing a nervous look.

______

At their apartment, Jackson stood on the balcony and watched the runners pass the apartment for a moment until Ophelia came out to join him, "Hey, I better get going," She informed her husband, "If I leave now, I can be back for dinner."

Jackson sighed, turning to face Ophelia, "I can't believe you're actually considering this."

Ophelia sighed in response, giving a guilty expression, "I want to be here with you, but I can't just sit here and do nothing!" She argued in defense, clearly upset, "And Jack, those Strix members took Rebekah."

"Yeah--they also went after you," He reminded Ophelia, "Look, let Klaus and Elijah handle this."

Hesitant, Ophelia gave Jackson a look, "I've known Rebekah for over three hundred years, Jack. She's like a sister to me and I consider her family. I'm not just going to sit here and do nothing while those assholes kidnapped her."

"Ophelia, you're pregnant. You shouldn't be allowing yourself to get so physical with people," Jackson argued with Ophelia, "You need to let Klaus do things his way. This dinner is gonna be a bloodbath, and last time I checked, the Mikaelsons didn't need help killing anyone." He paused for a moment, looking at how torn Ophelia looked, "Look, babe...It's Thanksgiving. I...I don't see why this has to be a fight."

"It doesn't. I hear you," Ophelia smiled weakly as she moved closer to Jackson, and he kissed her on the forehead as he wrapped her in a hug, "Look, there's this amazing stuffing at this restaurant down the street. I've eaten it every year on Thanksgiving for over five decades and I'm not going to stop now." She paused, looking up at Jackson, "I'll be back in ten minutes, alright?"

Jackson nodded his head in response and Ophelia quickly kissed her husband on the lips before leaving the apartment.

Meanwhile, Ophelia was walking down the street when she felt as though someone was following her. She turned her head, only to see no one there.