Forever Yours (Stay With Me S...

Da Liya_Loves_1D

The countless struggles of Lily and Niall continues as distance, untold secrets and lies threaten to ruin the... Altro

Author's Note - 1
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Author's Note - 2
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Author's Note - 3
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Author's Note - 4
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Author's Note - 5
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Author's Note - 6
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Epilogue 1
Epilogue 2
Last Author's Note

Chapter 4

164 11 0
Da Liya_Loves_1D

I've waited for this day throughout my life. Waking up early, taking a long bath, getting befuddled while selecting the ‘proper’ attire, having a quick breakfast with a must cup of coffee and finally getting dressed. All for one interview, the one that will decide my future.

Orient Ad Agency replied to my mail showing interest to hold an interview session with me on the very next day after I applied for the job. The happiness and delight that sprouted from my body and mind was indescribable. I felt on top of the world. However, being sceptical as I always have been stole the thunder to a great deal. Tension replaced contentment and sullenness swapped with laughter. “Will I be able to do it?” rotated in my head an umpteen times. The more I tried to suppress them the more I got mixed in the mess.

The only person to calm me down now would be, Niall. Therefore, I picked up my phone and dialled his number as I hit the road. It was 9.00 Am sharp which meant it was 4.30 Am in Manchester. After seven rings, he received the call.

“He….He….lloooo” he answered in a severely broken and hoarse voice.

“I'm so very sorry to wake you up, baby.” I furrowed my eye-brows in utter sadness.

“It’s alright. Tell me,” he coughed a bit.

“Are you sure?”

“Yes, yes, tell me.”                                                                               

“Okay…..I'm going for the interview of my job in that ad agency I told you about and I'm super tensed and nervous. Help me, please.” I replied in one big breath.

“I love you and I believe whatever you do will be a success,” he said and resumed, “Is that enough?”

“How mean?” I shrugged my shoulders throwing my right hand in the air.

“Mean?”

“Ahh haa…..that was too diplomatic.”

“Okay…..ahhhmmmm…….what should I say just so that you let me sleep,” he hummed.

“Fuck you”

“Oh man…..I've been dying for that, Lily,” he laughed.

“Okay, bye.” I was about to hang up when he shouted.

“Okay, okay, stop. I'm sorry,” he said and continued, “Lily, you know that I know that you’ll be able to crack anything. I trust your capabilities and considering that you handled so many downs in your life, I know a meagre interview would be nothing. Don’t be nervous, you’ll do great. All the very best.”

I paused for awhile trying to sink in his voice into every ounce of my body. Goosebumps appeared soon as I took a long breath and smiled.

“That was all I needed” I responded mildly.

“Good” he said and resumed, “When are you supposed to visit their office?”

“10.30 Am” my voice shook as I walked here and there trying to find a place to stand at the bus stop.

“Ahhh…..,” he gasped and said, “Wish I could've dropped you in a cab and kissed you good luck.”

“You can do that now too, baby.”

He paused before saying, “Muaaahhhhh, I love you like jelly tots.”

I laughed and retorted, “I love you like tequila shots.”

And we both laughed our hearts out.

“Anyway, I should hang up now and let you sleep. I’ll see you at night, okay?” I said.

“Yup and I’ve a surprise in store for you.”

“What?” I was delighted.

“No, I’ll not tell now. It’s a surprise.”

“Arrghh…..too smart.” I grumbled at his ability to read my mind.

“Good luck and love you.”

“Thank you and me too.” I replied as we both hung up.

I boarded a bus that arrived right after I disconnected the call. As usual lack of space compelled me to stand. However, the anticipation of the surprise as well as good music kept me away from boredom. After a few minutes I reached Dum Dum metro station. I ran my way through the crowd after stepping down on the road and entered the station. I stood behind a smaller queue and within seconds had the ticket in my hand. Within another five minutes, I was done with the scanning processes and ticket punching machine. The metro arrived at 9.40 Am and I boarded it. A huge rush followed and I was somehow able to take a seat at the right corner. The headphones of my mobile plugged my ears soon as I closed my eyes and waited for another 40 minutes to pass.

At 10.25 Am, the metro reached Rabindra Sarobar where I got down. I rushed and ran till I went outside the station. I boarded an auto-rickshaw and bit my nails off waiting to reach Jadavpur University. After ten minutes, I finally reached. I paid the driver and smacked my head realizing that I got five minutes late already. I yapped some baseless shit to myself as I crossed the road and walked for a few minutes before finally reaching the office of “Orient Ad Agency”. I fixed my trouser and shirt along with my hair, bag and file. “Let’s do it, Lily” I murmured one last time before going in.

“Hello, Madam. I've an interview for the post of copy-writer.” I said leaning before the receptionist whose name was Naina Joshi, as suggested by her name-block.

“Yes. Go and sit there, you’re late,” she retorted in a semi-smiling face and pointed to my back with her pen.

I turned around to look at the bunch of people waiting to go in for the interview. Most were men and all looked a billion times smarter than me. I swallowed before turning my eyes back to the receptionist who said, “You’re right on time. Your turn is next, I hope you’re ready.”

“Huh? I'm next?” I was stunned. My eyes went wide.

“Yes”

“Ahh….mmm….okay, thanks.”

“You’re welcome,” she responded with a grin.

Nervousness slowly started to get the better of me as I swallowed too many times and my heartbeats became too faster. I played with my fingers as I felt fidgety. Niall’s words rotated in my mind and strangely even in his absence, he was able to calm me down. I was boosted up as I was soon after told to go for my interview.

“May I come in, Sir?” I asked as I opened the door-knob.

“Yes, sure,” a man with broad face wearing rimless glasses replied. A smile was nicely adorned on his lips. He had a stout physique and wore a black striped shirt. His fair complexion caught my eyes.

I walked in towards his table and asked him if I can sit. On his nod, I sat.

“So, you’re Miss Lily Thomson, right?” he inquired holding the print copies of the resume I mailed him.

“Yes, Sir.”

“Hmmm…….I see you got 60% in your graduation.”

“Yes, Sir”

“That’s great and you majored in English Literature.”

“Yes, Sir”

“So, have you always been interested in writing?”

“Always, Sir. Writing is my passion.” I smiled from ear to ear.

“Hmm…..you work for an online fashion magazine, I see.”

“Yes, Sir.”

“How long have you been working?”

“Over three and a half months.”

“So, you’re quite new,” he retorted and inquired, “You’re into journalism basically and this is the job of a copy-writer, how will I know that you can do it?”

“Sir, both the jobs require creativity and nice imagination. I don’t want to blow my own trumpet but I think I've good imaginative skills. I can say that whatever I write and do will see my full productivity and honest participation.”

“Alright,” he nodded and asked, “There are almost 25 people who applied for this job and we will take only five. Why should we choose you over others?’

“I'm no extra-ordinary but I'm a quick learner, hard-worker and have immense desire to know things.” I said with full confidence.

“Okay, alright,” he answered and leaned back to open the drawer of his table. He pulled out a sheet of paper and grabbed a pen from the pen-stand.

He scribbled something and put it before me asking, “Write a line for this product that would advertise it.”

I swallowed being taken completely off-guard as I held the sheet in my hands. “Strawberry lip-balm”

I commenced to ponder scanning the whole room with short rolls of my eyes.

After a few minutes later, I scribed “Have that perfectly kissable lips” and extended my hand towards him.

He saw it and nodded his head.

Shit, I could've done better.

“Alright, it was nice talking to you, Lily. If you get selected, a confirmation mail will be sent to you by Wednesday.”

“Okay, Sir. Thank you.”

“Yeah, have a nice day.”

“Same to you, bye.”

“Bye” he replied as I left the chair and turned on my heels to leave the room.

Thousands of eyes perused me minutely from top to bottom as I left the room. The receptionist flashed me a sweet smile that provided me a little solace. I strolled my way towards the gate and exited the office. On hitting the road, the conversation of mine with the senior executive reflected before my eyes. I shook my head in dismay as I realized I could've done so much better. Nervousness taking over me crushed me into pieces. The small steps of mine transformed into long ones as I reached Jadavpur University soon. I stood at the bus-stop opposite to the institution and tucked my unruly hairs behind my ears. Suddenly, a familiar voice came to my ears that snatched surprised glance from me on that person who stood beside me. It was Rita. She looked beautiful in green top and black jeans. Her hair was tied into a neat pony-tail and a black sling bag hung loosely from her right shoulder.

“Lily?” she screamed at the top of her voice.

“Hi” I screamed back as we both hugged tightly.

“What are you doing here?” she asked after we pulled away.

“I came for a job interview.”

“Where?”

“This way, close to the laundry shop. It’s an ad agency.”

“Orient?” she raised her index-finger at me.

“Ahhmmm…yeah, how did you know?” I brought my eye-brows closer to each other.

“I read their ad in the newspaper a few days back.”

“Ohh….” I hummed.

“So, how’s it?”

“I think okay, let’s see what happens.”

“Anyway, how are you, tell me that. You've been hiding lately.”

“I'm not hiding, you’re.” I snapped.

“You didn't call me once at your new flat and you’re saying that I'm hiding?”

“And you didn't ask me once if I need any help with the shift, why would I?”

“If you needed any help you could've asked me,” she shrugged.

“And you call yourself my best friend? Why do I need to ask you?”

“Okay stop, we’re not gonna do this,” she raised both of her hands in the air.

“Okay” I nodded in agreement.

“Tell me”

“I'm fine, not good and you know why but if I get this job I will be.” I smiled.

“Is it working between you and Niall?”

“Yes, of course. Perfectly.” I was irritated.

“And…..Aarav?”

I became mute. I still didn't tell her what he did to me and I seriously wasn't planning on telling. I knew she was vexed at me even if it was a little for dumping Aarav hence; informing about his torture on me would certainly ruin my relationship with her completely. And I didn't want that in anyway.

“It would be unfair for me to stay with him knowing that my heart belongs to Niall.” I said looking at the ground.

“Why aren't you guys in talking terms even?”

“Situations didn't compel us.” I answered and resumed right when Rita opened her mouth to say something, “I don’t want to talk about this any more.”

She fell silent. A bus arrived that was Dum Dum bound. I knew it would take more than an hour to reach by bus whereas just 40 minutes by metro however, I needed to escape right then.

“I’ll call you later. You should come to my house someday.” I said as I boarded the bus.

“Bye” Rita nodded and waved.

“Bye” I waved back as I grabbed a seat by the window and the bus sped-off.

I kept thinking about the complexity of the situation that aroused between me and Rita due to Aarav. I hated it and I hated Aarav even more. I wanted that Rita beside me who urged me to go out with Niall, who encouraged me to take a shot with him and who made me realize that I love him and he loves me too. I wanted my unbiased best friend back who stood by me no matter what. This was a different Rita who was nothing but a plain stranger to me.

Anyway, it was around 12.35 Pm when the bus arrived at Dum Dum Airport Road. I got down after buying the ticket into the buzz of the busy street. I somehow went to the other side of the road and boarded an auto-rickshaw. After another twenty minutes later, I reached Nagerbazar Road which was another crowded place. I took a rickshaw and instructed the rider to take me near the old temple of Debinibash Road. My apartment was situated just opposite to it. He hopped on and started to ride. I browsed through my cell-phone waiting for my apartment to come. The temperature was soaring high and I was badly sweating. A nice cold bath was what I urgently needed.

After reaching my home, I got down from the rickshaw and paid him 20 rupees. I ran inside the building and then inside the main gate before boarding the elevator. I hurriedly pressed 5 and waited impatiently till the machine dinged at the fifth floor. I came out, closed the collapsible gates and fished the keys from my bag. I unlocked the door, got in and locked the door shut behind me. After opening my shoes I tossed my bag and mobile on the couch and ran into my room. In the next half-an-hour I took a nice shower using my strawberry flavored shower gel, changed into a fruits printed lavender colored pajama and white tee and even made some popcorn in the pressure cooker. I put them in a big red colored bowl and jumped on the couch before turning the television on. The Big Bang Theory was on in Star World and I enjoyed the popcorn while laughing my heart out seeing it.

I sat up on the couch as I heard my phone ringing. I clambered for it before I found myself sitting on it. I dragged my butt up and clasped it to see a message box flashing on the screen. I sighed and opened it to read.

“I tried reconciling but I couldn't do anything if she isn't willing to work on it. I don’t have any hope any more. I need to move on. Sorry.”

It was a message from Liam. He was talking about Danielle, with whom I encouraged him to reconcile. I had to convince him a lot before he finally agreed to do it but the message clearly proved all went in vain. I exhaled a long breath as I typed in, “One try doesn't count for anything. Try harder then see what happens. Fight for your love, don’t give up,” and sent.

“You would know what fighting means, right? ;)” he replied quickly.

“Of course, J”

“Okay, I will.”

“Good” I sent as I saw that it was 3.00 Pm which meant it was 10.30 Am in Manchester.

I pulled myself up from the couch and walked inside the bathroom. I peed and washed my face before coming out to enter the kitchen. I remembered that I have some vegetable curry and dal from last night hence; I decided to make some rice and potato fries. I opened the cabinets and fetched the rice jar to take some amount of rice in a cooking bowl. I poured water in it and put it on stove before turning it on. I took two small potatoes from the vegetables basket and peeled them off and cut them into long pieces. I washed them in a strainer and kept it aside for the water to drain off. I put a frying pan on the other stove and turned it on. After pouring some oil, I let it get hot before putting the potato pieces. A little multi-tasking with a huge crave to finish it off quickly helped my lunch to be ready within another twenty-five minutes. I put the hot steamy rice on a pink plate and the potato fries beside it. I poured the dal on top of the rice that I re-heated along with the vegetable curry that I took in a small bowl instead. A spoon was dug deep into the rice. I grabbed all the utensils and walked towards the couch again. A two-seat dining table stood erect beside the television that belonged to the landlord but I never used them because without television my meals stayed incomplete. I ate as I continued to watch Star World where Modern Family was on now.

After another thirty-minutes, I finished my lunch. I turned the television off and strolled inside the kitchen to dump the utensils inside the kitchen sink. I was severely exhausted as well as late for my work assignments to wash them any more. I went to the bathroom and washed my hands and mouth before running back to my room. I grabbed my laptop and turned it on. I inserted the dongle soon and connected the internet to log into my gmail account. I was surprised to receive only two work assignments, both written. I quickly opened MS-Word and commenced to write.

“And sent” I mumbled to myself as I mailed my boss the two work assignments. I hoped this would be the last time I was sending these assignments to “The Walk”. Not that I hated the job, Jesus, I could never do that. It saved me. But I needed to have a better one that fetched more money and would help in establishing my future with Niall because right now all we wanted was to find ways to be with each other forever. Forever.

I looked at the table-clock standing on the night-stand beside my bed which showed ‘8.45 Pm’. I climbed down from my bed after disconnecting the internet and placing the dongle on the night-stand. The realization of making dinner bugged me tremendously. Irritation filled my mind as I sobbed wanting to escape this situation. I missed Niall even more terribly now as I remembered the days when he used to cook pasta or order food from outside. I missed our spaghetti kiss, I missed how he used to lift me up and push me down on the ground in order to kiss me, I missed sleeping on his bare chest, I missed his delicious breakfast on bed and I missed him making love to me all night long. I missed every part of Niall Horan.

Gushing aside these thoughts, I walked towards the kitchen and turned on the lights. I opened all the cabinets and decided to make pasta. I quickly poured some pasta in a cooking bowl along with water and put it on the stove. A little oil was added. I fetched all the required vegetables and began to chop them on the cutting board before washing them nicely in the strainer. Another cooking bowl was kept on the other stove with some oil to get heated. After a few seconds, I added the cut vegetables. I stirred them properly using a wooden spatula. Within another few minutes it was ready and I slowly put the pasta in it after draining the excess water off of it. I stirred even more nicely until it was prepared to be served hot. I put it in a yellow colored plate and dipped a fork before taking it to the couch. I turned the television on as I watched One Tree Hill in Star World which was now aired at 10.00 Pm every day.

Anyways, it was sharp 11.00 Pm when I was done with my meal. I got up from the couch and went to the kitchen to wash all the utensils of the day. I knew Niall would be coming online in FB at 12.00 Am midnight hence; I sped up my process and devoured into it. At around 11.20 Pm, I finished washing all the utensils. I turned the lights off along with the television. I grabbed my bag and cell-phone that were lying on the couch and turned the drawing room dark as I entered my room. I put the bag inside the wardrobe and the mobile on the bed. I pulled out a blue shorts and white spaghetti top from the wardrobe and went to the bathroom to take a quick shower. After twenty-minutes I came out feeling all relaxed and comfortable. I quickly grasped a water bottle from the refrigerator and ran back to my room. I climbed up on the bed and inserted the dongle inside the laptop. I bounced my hair from here to there before the FB login page popped up. I logged in and went to the timeline. I checked notifications and played some games until it was 12.00 Am.

Niall’s video chat request arrived at the right time. I readily accepted as he flashed on the screen in no time.

“Hi, baby,” He smiled waving at me. He wore a white brief with black stripes and black shorts. The room where he sat was somewhat dark. His hair was quite messy but undeniably shiny as well. The black wristband that I gave to him stayed tightly wrapped around his left wrist.

“Hi, honey” I smiled back raising my hand at him.

“You look ravishing.”

“Thank you”

“Did you take a bath now or what?”

“Just a quick shower.”

“Hmm…..alone?” he winked.

“Yes……”

“Unfortunate lady”

“Unfortunate you” I pointed my finger at him and smiled.

He laughed as he ran his fingers through his hairs. His thick and dense blonde hair.

“Ohh….by the way, my interview was okay, I guess.” I said.

“Why okay?” he furrowed his eye-brows.

“I don’t know, maybe I would've done better.”

“I don’t even care, you’re anyway always sceptical.”

“Niall?”

“What? I'm right. You’ll get through, relax.”

“They’ll take only five out of the 25 people who applied. I don’t think with that interview I gave, I’ll be one of them.” I shook my head.

“Lily, just shut up.”

“You know he asked me to write a line advertising strawberry lip balm and I wrote ‘Have that perfectly kissable lips’, I mean how dumb is that?” I bent my head down in disgust.

“Okay, if I was a girl I would definitely fall for that.”

“Really?”

“Of course and did you think about our kisses while writing that?” he raised his right eye-brow.

“No…..why?” I tilted my head towards my right. His blue eyes were glimmering at me.

“I just thought maybe you drew inspiration from my liking towards your raspberry lip gloss,” he laughed.

I laughed too before retorting, “I didn't think of that but I should’ve.”

“I miss you so fucking much and when I see Greg and Denise together or the boys with their girlfriends then even more,” his voice sounded ever so romantic.

“I don’t have anyone to make me miss you here but I miss you all so because you are my only family.”

“Just a few more months’ maybe then I’ll go back to you.”

“Few more months? How come?” I was excited.

“You forgot the surprise I was supposed to tell you?”

“Ohhhh…..shit, yes, tell me.” I folded my legs and sat straight paying full attention to what was awaiting.

“Well…..I got a job,” he smiled widely.

“Whatttt? OH MY GOD, NIALL, that’s amazing. I'm so very proud of you, honey.”

“Thank you”

“What kind of a job is it and where?”

“Digital Project Manager. The head office is in Manchester but I’ll work from their Cheshire office.”

“So, you've to leave home?”

“Yes. I’ll stay at Harry’s place till I find my own apartment.”

“Harry’s place?”

“The bungalow of Harry’s dad where he and I used to live after I left home is in Cheshire.”

“This is coincidence at the extreme.” I smiled.

“Yeah……anyway the job pays 28,000 Euros per annum.”

“Wow…..good, what’s the name of the company?” I interrogated.

“Adam Recruitment”

“Hmm….I see” I hummed and asked, “What did Greg, Maura and Bobby say?”

“Greg and mom are very happy…..I don’t know about dad. He must be happy too, I guess,” he looked down.

“Don’t tell me you haven’t yet reconciled with him?”

“I didn't actually.”

“Niall? What are you doing? He is your father.”

“I know, I know, I just need a proper atmosphere to take the initiative.”

“Why don’t you visit him? Why don’t you meet him for lunch or dinner or maybe a drink and just talk it through?” I screamed throwing my hands everywhere in the air.

“Give me some time, I’ll do it. I just started to collect the pieces, there is no rush.”

“Don’t make him lose faith, he loves you, baby.” I closed my eyes briefly trying to complement my sentence.

“I won’t”

“Promise?”

“Promise”

“Okay”

“Okay,” he smiled and said, “I love you”

“And I love you”

“What’s the time there?” he inquired.

“Ahhmm….1.15 Am and in Manchester?”

“8.45 Pm”

“Ohh….”

“You should sleep now, goodnight.”

“Goodnight and yeah….when are you shifting to Cheshire?”

“Tomorrow morning, new office starts from Wednesday.”

“Alright, mail me your new address and please take care.”

“I WILL, don’t worry.”

“Bye” I said as I kissed the webcam.

“Bye, darling,” he kissed back. We exchanged one last smile before going offline.

I leaned back against the pillows as I sighed deeply. The truth of both Niall and I getting nice jobs that pays good money boosted the chance of us re-uniting soon. The feeling was very beautiful. I disconnected the internet and kept the dongle inside the drawer of the night-stand. I turned the laptop off and kept it on the other night-stand. I turned the lights off, drank some water and slid myself under the covers. My hands were crossed beneath my head and eyes were affixed on the ceiling fan rotating speedily. I kept staring at it until slumber welcomed me.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerĂ  anche

5.9K 230 27
When I walked away that day I swore I'd never see Harry's face again. But I guess when two people are meant to be together, fate will stop at nothing...
1.5K 60 32
Lily is a girl with so many hopes and dreams. But is forced to give them all up when her dad abandoned the family leaving her with only her mom, litt...
7.5K 319 76
I'm a girl in a country I've never been before. I'm all alone and my goal is to start a new life with more adventure than my other regular boring day...
KEELE Da Beautiful People

Mistero / Thriller

211 80 20
A gang of friends who always stick with one another no matter what, but recently something they didn't expect to happen has happened. Will they get t...