numb // malec

By notyourbitchboybane

'sweet little baby in a world full of pain' "why are your hands so cold?" "i don't know. it's like- my mind h... More

the beginning
my side
stars
him
quiet
life
stay?
sleep
morning
careless
safe
coffee
blonde
alone
love?
happiness?
chatting
food
reality
time
secrets
laziness
truth
shock
grief
help
worry
stop
life
the end.
GANG GANG TY LADS
i met twenty øne piløts
2k!!

flashbacks - epilogue

1.1K 35 36
By notyourbitchboybane

hey guys! the reason this has taken so long is because i was deliberating whether or not to add an extra bit. but after the series finale, and after that beautiful scene, i have to include it. enjoy! i love you all so so much. xosarah

five years later-

ambulance sirens screeched, and lights were flashing everywhere. police tape was put around the bridge and all the spectators were told to go home. but most of them were still huddled together, faces stricken with fear and disbelief at what they had just watched happen. jace was completely inconsolable, he was crying that hard that he'd thrown up a few times, and he'd also collapsed. he was sitting on the ground, looking almost as lifeless as alec.
magnus couldn't move. his feet were glued to the ground where he stood. he was terrified. he felt himself losing breath, like alec's life leaving him was taking his life away too. his lungs felt like they were filling with water. he couldn't breathe, move, or cry out for help. anxiety caused him to finally cave in, collapsing to the ground screaming and crying and retching. his stomach and chest were so tight he felt he was going to explode.
he could hear someone calling out for him.
"magnus."
he didn't want to answer.
"magnus!"
he couldn't answer.
"magnus!!"

---------------------------

"magnus!"
he sat up abruptly, bedsheets sticking to his body. he was breathless, and his face was wet with what were probably tears.
"hey hey baby it's okay, i got you. i'm here. it's okay. that was just another stupid nightmare. come here."
magnus's breath was still shaking, but he shifted himself back down and into alec's arms.
it was five years since alec had almost died.
it was also five years since alec had vowed to never do it again, and had properly restarted therapy.
"i love you, babe. don't worry. you're okay and so am i."
these nights happened less often now, but magnus had been feeling extremely anxious recently and they usually accompanied that.
why was he so anxious?
well he was getting married, of course.

he looked straight into alec's gorgeous piercing blue eyes.
"i love you. i love you so, so much. i really can't wait for tomorrow. it'll help me to really put that behind. seeing you stand in front of me as i officially call you mine...i can't even imagine how it'll feel. after everything we've been through together."
alec planted a soft, loving kiss on magnus's forehead.
"i'm not great at languages, but i've put a little surprise for you in my vows. i think you'll really like it. i've even learnt how to pronounce it, just for you."
magnus wanted to say something snarky, but instead he just smiled.

"we should probably get back to sleep. i don't imagine we'll be doing much of that tomorrow night."

------

alec stood, looking at himself in the mirror as he fixed his tie. he couldn't believe this was happening. all these years, he'd thought it impossible for anyone to love him. and yet, here he was, marrying a man who had changed his entire world.

alec thought back to the night he had indirectly proposed, and then to when magnus actually did propose. it was funny.

"hey man! less than ten minutes to go! ya nervous?!" jace said, putting his hands on alec's shoulders.
jace and clary had married two years ago. they had an 18 month old son, and baby no.2 was on its way. isabelle was engaged to her boyfriend simon, and she had a three year old daughter.
"a little, but i'll be fine. i just -i guess i can't help feeling bad that mom and dad aren't here."
jace sighed. of course alec would say that.

of course he would ruin the surprise.

you see, a few months back when alec had mentioned he was ready to try and have a relationship with his parents again, jace had helped. by contacting them both on his behalf. he had told them everything, and they in turn had apologised and said that they felt awful for what they did. alec had passed on his forgiveness, and jace couldn't help but smile when he remembered maryse's voice going shaky when she heard the truth. she was elated, as was their father robert.

he just wished max was there.
he'd be proud.

"actually, alec?"
alec turned around in their embrace.
"yeah?"
"there's something i'd like to show you. a special surprise i planned with a little help from clary and crew."
alec looked confused, but let jace grab him by the hand and drag him out into the foyer.

alec's breath caught in his throat. his eyes began to sting, and he felt himself tremble at what he saw before him.

or more specifically, who.

"mom? dad?"

wasting no time, alec ran straight forward into their arms. he cried, but not too much because he didn't want a blotchy face.

"why? why after all these years are you here?"
"it was your brother's idea, alec. jace contacted us and told us you were ready to try have a relationship again. i cried when he said that because i miss you, i love you, and i never ever want to let you go again," maryse said, tearing up.
"yeah. after we almost lost you, we realised that we needed to change. hate isn't getting anyone anywhere. we were wrong, alec; nothing will ever change that. but now, we're going to try to be better, if you'll let us. we love you, regardless of who you are or who you identify as. you're our child, our boy, and we will always support you from now on. we don't want to lose another son," robert added, voice breaking at the last sentence.

"i'm gonna go check everything's definitely prepared," said jace. he wasn't actually going to do that. he just wanted to give alec and their parents some alone time. they needed it.

"i appreciate that you realise you're wrong. i love you both, so so much, but my heart was utterly destroyed back then. now, it's almost at its full potential. well, it'll be full again after this wedding," alec said, blushing," i'm just so happy you could make it, and that i will finally get to have a proper relationship with you guys."

"i can't wait to meet magnus, too. i'm sure he's gorgeous," maryse beamed.

"oh he is," said alec.

"inside and out."

-------------

magnus stood at the altar, waiting nervously. his best friend since childhood catarina was there with him. her and ragnor had fought to be his best man/maid of honour, and now ragnor was sulking beside raphael, another close friend of magnus's. there was a crowd of his friends, and then there was a crowd of alec's -izzy, clary, simon, kit, ty, and jace who was of course alec's best man. there was also the group of onlookers from that fateful day five years ago. magnus had managed to find them all, because of his job.

it was the exact date that alec had almost died. they'd chosen this as their wedding date because they wanted this date to hold a happier memory, and to have proof that alec had overcome the worst part of his life.

"hey, jace? if you're here then who's walking alec down the aisle?"
jace's eyes widened for a moment. "uhhh, i -he's coming with someone else but i can't tell you because it's a surprise okay?"
magnus raised an eyebrow. "but there's no one else it could be..."

and then it dawned on him. at almost the exact moment he realised it, the church was silenced and heads turned around. magnus followed suite and his suspicions were confirmed.

magnus couldn't prevent his jaw from dropping as he looked at the two people either side of alec. an elegantly beautiful woman who looked extremely like isabelle, and a man with alec's sharp handsome features.

his parents.

alec was positively glowing, as were his parents. magnus decided not to question it; he'd have enough time later. right now he had his mind on alec.
his alec.
his beautiful alec.

his soon-to-be husband.

-------------

"and now, do you, magnus bane, have any extra vows you would like to put in? anything to say?"
magnus grinned. tears glassed over his eyes, but alec found that especially beautiful.
green eyes were a lot more attractive than people gave them credit for.
especially with the gold.
"well," magnus started, taking a breath, "i've known of you ever since you moved in next door to me. you always interested me, what with your mysterious disappearances and striking features. i'd been meaning to talk to you for ages, and by the angel i'm glad i did. our first year together was rocky, because i wanted to protect you and then your brother and everything. but with everything you've been through, i realised that you are the most important person i've ever known. you are so, so strong alexander. you're living proof that things get better. you inspired me to give up my addiction and helped me with my struggles whilst you yourself were struggling. i can't think of any word that captures how much i feel for you and how intensely. you are beautiful. you are mine. and i will never let you go, angel."

alec smiled profusely and giggled.
mainly to stop himself from crying. magnus's words were beautiful. they were so soft and honest that alec felt overwhelmed with love.
but he wasn't letting magnus win.
no, he wanted to, and he damn well was gonna make sure everyone knew he loved him.

"magnus bane. you are the reason i'm alive. without you and jace i would definitely be dead. and i'm so glad i'm not. these past years with you haven't come easy; but you've supported me and loved me unconditionally the whole way. i'm almost complete my recovery now, and it's all down to you. when we first met, i was shy and depressed, but i still was able to realise that you were different; that you were like a beam of pure light, sent to save my life by god himself. you are equally as gorgeous inside and outside and i love that about you. i can't wait to be officially tied to you forever, because you are my heart, my life, my whole soul, magnus bane. aku cinta kamu."

this time, magnus couldn't stop his tears from falling. alec had said some amazingly beautiful words, but three of them stood out. aku cinta kamu. alec had went off and learnt one simple phrase in indonesian for magnus.

these words had never meant anything to magnus. now they were the most beautiful words he'd ever heard. he didn't regard his first language much, although he usually thought in indonesian and not english. but he now felt a sudden urge to teach alec it because it sounded so beautiful rolling off his tongue.

"aku mencintaimu juga, alexander. always and forever."

-------------

the ceremony had ended. magnus had arranged a massive get together for alec's family and friends and his as well at their new apartment. he'd officially become a lawyer a while back; it was a well paying job and to be honest he really enjoyed it. that was why the first thing he did was buy a fancy new apartment.

everyone had been congratulating the couple, which was lovely, but alec was dying for some alone time with magnus.

he really liked him in a tux.

"magnus!" yelled maryse, alec's mother. her and robert were making their way over to them.
"hi. the last time we saw you we said some awful things. about you personally as well. i can only hope you've forgiven us. we're so, so sorry about everything that happened. we can't take back those years, but we can double our efforts for the next ones."
magnus smiled. "no worries, mrs lightwood. i understand. i forgive you."
robert shook his hand and nodded. "you're a good man, bane. thank you for keeping our son alive."
"oh, alec was right when he said you were gorgeous!" exclaimed maryse, proud mother instincts already showing.
"i would like to hope he would be calling me gorgeous!"
everyone laughed. "look after yourselves boys, alright?" robert shouted over the music.
he and maryse had to leave early because of how far away they lived.
"will do, sir!" replied magnus.

he turned to alec and he couldn't hide the fact that he was extremely happy that there was now no one to bother them.
or at least, no one they needed to talk to. the only people left were alec's sister and jace, and they were most likely going to leave of their own accord soon.

"finally, some alone time babe," magnus purred in alec's ear, sending shivers down his spine. "and can i just say, you speaking indonesian earlier was the hottest thing i've ever heard."
alec rolled his eyes. "oh it was nothing. i'm terrible at languages. you know like every one!"
magnus chuckled. "honey no offense, but i'm not in a talking mood. if you," he leaned in closer, caressing alec's face and whispered,"catch my drift."
"oh i do, sir," alec flirted.

and so the night went on.

----------
gUYS
that was it :(
numb is officially over! i'll miss this story, but i have an idea;
how would you guys like a one shot book? it'd be mainly malec, but any other sh ships you'd like to see me write are welcome! eg haline, kitty, clace, etc. THE ONLY ONES I WILL NOT DO ARE JEMMA AND KIERARKTINA OK SORRY
but yeah,,,hope i didn't scare u too much ;)
thanks for all the love on hatred btw!
bye,
once and for all, (on this fic)
xosarah

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.6K 1.4K 25
Alec Lightwood is 21 years old and has promptly been arrested for being complicit in a group assault on a older gentleman that tried to commit rape o...
34.9K 744 14
After Alec Lightwood's devastating break up, he and his ex-boyfriend Magnus Bane gets Portaled to London after an attack in his loft in Brooklyn. Und...
23.3K 985 54
Hey, this is my first fan fiction about Malec. I don't own any of the characters. English is not my first language, so I may have mistakes, I would a...
197K 7.1K 74
This will be a collection of short stories of Magnus Bane x Alec Lightwood from the series The Mortal instruments, although I will primarily be going...