★ Mob Psycho 100 x reader [On...

By mob-likes-milk

My own collection of imagines for Mob Psycho 100's characters! (*'∀'*) I really love the show and I hope you'... More

➸ Requests
cupcake • Tome Kurata
the shelter of an umbrella • Shigeo Kageyama (Mob)
rumors seek insecurities • Teruki Hanazawa
each color has a meaning • Toshiki Minegishi

the sweet comfort of an embrace • Shigeo Kageyama (Mob)

5.3K 151 58
By mob-likes-milk

Anonymous said: Hi!! Can I ask a scenario where the reader is having like a sleepover with mob and in the night, the reader woke up and see ???% cuddling against them? I hope it's not too weird ! Have a nice day! 💖

-----------------------------------

Pairing: Reader x Shigeo Kageyama (Mob) (Mob Psycho 100)

Summary: (Angst & Fluff) During one entertaining sleepover, (Y/n) decide to share some of their worry with Shigeo, their childhood friend. They are pleased he's able to reassure them, but in the middle of the night, it's their turn to take the role.

Warning: Description of a nightmare & mentions of panic attacks and wounded people.

Word count: 4581

A/N: I made your request very long, I hope it doesn't bother you too much! I wanted to experiment a bit with my writing and got carried away! (again) I had so many ideas for it, if you want me to redo it please tell me! Maybe make it fluffier or something! ♡

Anyway, I'm finally back from my hiatus! It was really stressful and I'm quite upset because I didn't make it as I expected, but writing your requests calms me down and generally makes me happy! I really hope you'll like this story, which I found the concept very cute! Be ready to get more stories soon! (*'∀'*) ♡

-----------------------------------

The midnight sky was painted with smooth strokes of sapphire and dark lavender hues; the delicate shine of the croissant moon and of the numerous ivory stars enlightened the outlines of the aligned residences. The appeasing chilliness of the air refreshed the rare passers-by crossing through Seasoning City, their restful walk guided by the warm light of the lamp posts and the few illuminated windows. The darkness of the night was torn apart by some awaken citizens who appreciated the everlasting silence of these late hours to study their courses, finish their work on important projects or to have fun with their loved ones.

This tranquil night, (Y/n) was staying at Kageyama's charming household. Their longtime friend Shigeo suggested them to come over to spend more time together; he knew they were free this time because their aunt didn't ask them to look after their younger carefree cousins. They obviously accepted the invitation, the excitement of stuffing their face in delicious snacks and watching stupidly funny movies was all they wished to have with the sweet and caring boy. They thought about the event all day, their already packed bag had patiently waited for this moment inside their locker, right besides their clean shoes.

During the agreeable sleepover, hours flew by without them knowing. They enjoyed the late hours of the Friday night to talk about all the things they missed, to eat a mountain of junk foods and to watch the humorous movies (Y/n) brought. Already watching their third film, the atmosphere of the bedroom felt light and gleeful; the laughter of the (h/c) teen filled the air.

"Did they really end the movie by doing this to the dog? It should seriously be illegal." They tried to muffle their uncontrollable chuckles out of the sleeping adults and younger boy's hearing distance, holding tight on the fluffy blanket they shared with Shigeo. The boy only smiled back at them, unable to laugh at the blank joke. It wasn't his type to laugh at funny movies, or anything in general, but he still enjoyed the moment he had this night a lot. He was besides the one individual he felt conflicted for so long; he refused to accept the feeling he had for his friend when they were younger, determined to only feel a platonic affection. But he can't stop the loving thoughts of their smile, their sparkling (e/c) irises and their outstanding capacities of being the sunshine of every life they encounter; they are truly special to him. When he knew they were free from their responsibilities this night, Shigeo jumped on the opportunity to be with them; he wished for it for so long. At this moment, his heart jumped at the rhythm of their laugh, a warm blush crossed his round cheeks, he truly felt happy.

Progress toward Mob's Explosion: 67%

The delicate arms of (Y/n) made their way around their friend's shoulders, the laugh now muffled by the soft fabric of Shigeo's top pajama. The warm of his cheeks increased, his hand hesitantly made its way up to their covered back, soothing them.

"Ah ah, thank you, thank you..." They calmed down and slowly retreated from the hold, to the boy's dismay. "I think that fatigue is taking over me, we should probably go to sleep now." (Y/n) suggested, their tired figure standing up to stretch. Shigeo was also feeling drowsy from the long day of school and the wonderful night he shared with his crush, so he simply nodded in response and let out a short yawn.

They picked up the laptop with almost dead battery off the wooden floor to their bag in the corner of the bedroom. The sleepy boy used the small amount of time to place both their futons down and to gather the colorful empty packages to throw them away.

Through the comforting silence of midnight, (Y/n)'s mind was still bothered. Even after the eventful night, the bothersome thought they had for days sadly didn't disappear. They glanced to the side, spotting the pastel blue walking form of their friend and hesitated. Did he know how to deal with this type of problem? It's not something uncommon for students to be worried about, but they didn't want to ruin the whole time they had together to make him reminder of school, and all the stress that come with it.

Shigeo knew his friend felt uncomfortable when he saw they were still in the corner of his bedroom, fidgeting and frowning at the wall. He walked to them, concerned about what happened.

"Is there something wrong (Y/n)?" He queried in a whisper, surprising them out of their intense internal argument. They looked back to meet his porcelain face, they tried to search an answer on his features but soon complied.

"I'm just... Really worried about a test..." They dubiously started, an exhausted sigh escaping their lips. "My grades are getting worse these days, and I'm so scared about how my parents will react if it continues..." (Y/n) gulped, they knew the light mood of the night as dropped because of their foolish thoughts, they should have kept these to themselves than to share it with their childhood friend.

"I know how you feel." Shigeo's voice resonated inside the quiet room, his hand now on his friend's shoulder. "It worried me a lot before, I kept stressing out before exams because I was afraid of failing." He gazed back at the dazzling (e/c) orbs in front of him, his voice halted at their sight. He tried to compose himself before continuing. "I-I think the best way to pass tests is not to worry about them, don't think too much before it's time to do them." A small smile was pulling on his lips. "You don't need to panic on them when you know you already studied hard; your work will pay off."

A precious grin adorned the face he admires, a shy laugh escaped the young student's lips. "Thank you so much, I will follow what you said." They answered happily. It wasn't much for an advice, but it was enough for them to clear away their initial worry.

The teens headed to their respective futon, finally getting some rest of the day. The cold sheets immediately calmed them, the appeasing feeling soothing their drained bodies.

"Goodnight (Y/n)." the raven-haired boy said calmly, his hand on the switch of his lamp. "Goodnight Shigeo." They replied with a smile, the blanket already wrapped tight around their form. Mob smiled back at the sight of his crush now relaxed. He softly pushed on the switch, the vanilla light of the lamp disappeared in a blink of an eye and obscurity took over the tiny room. The serene atmosphere quieted their past thoughts quickly, their minds drifted away to a new world full of mystery.

-

Darkness.

Shigeo's vision was drowned in darkness.

Everything felt eerie, he knew he wasn't in his bedroom at this moment; he was standing somewhere but his subconscious didn't accord him any answer. He turned around swiftly, his black eyes inspected inside the obscure place, but the darkness engulfed any possible item or living creature inside of it.

His jittery footsteps resonated against the cold sleek floor, he ran across the unknown place to maybe find a source of light to guide him, someone he could ask for help or even a wall to reassure him he wasn't going haywire, but his efforts were futile. His lungs were screaming for air and his stomach was tied in a tight knot, where was he? What is this place? Does someone kidnapped him and confined him in this gloomy room? If so, what has he done to deserve this? A troubling feeling took over his senses, an emotion of unease spreading through his shaking body.

Progress toward Mob's Explosion: 78%

His mind was suddenly attacked by a painful headache; his hands rushed their way to forcefully grip on his short ebony hair to stop the swinging feeling, his feet staggered to barely maintain his quivery figure. The distressing sensation worsened, imaginary colors burned his already teary eyes. His drained body gave up from the torturing feeling and he dropped on his knees, his pale face felt like melting by the boiling pain, the freezing surface of the floor seemed to slowly calm it down.

Shigeo tried to steady his uneven breathing, his throbbing heart felt like suffocating inside his stiff chest, the aching feeling of the unknown taking over his mind.

He didn't know where to go until a soft, pure white light emerged from the blackness of the room to meet his fuzzy sight. His head snapped to its source, a new refreshing emotion bloomed inside of him: hope.

Progress toward Mob's Explosion: 75%

His glacial hands tried to clear his bleary eyes, his palpitation calming in relief. He took a restful breath before looking back at the light, its outlines wasn't from the dim glow of a shy candle flame, neither was it from a untamed and dangerous fire, it felt more shaped, constant, and to Shigeo, strangely familiar.

The silhouette of a running child became clearer through the dark. Its spiky hair bounced to the movement of his pace and a kind black smile contrasted to the brightness he offered, a round form was held by its frail arms.

"Shigeo, I'm so happy I found you!" The young boy exclaimed, its tone enthusiastic. It was a voice Shigeo knew too well.

"Ritsu... What are you doing here?" He asked perplexed, standing up in the process. His fingers started to pick on each other; worry drawing on his features about what was happening.

"More like what you are doing there! But come on, I want to play some games! Do you want to play with me?" The young Ritsu suggested, handing to his older brother the glowing ball he was holding. Mob hesitated for a second, why was his brother a toddler here? And why was he even here to begin with?

He shook his head quickly; he didn't need to be concerned about all of it now. He needed to reassure and to take control of himself. He drew his hand nearer to the warm light, the transparency of his skin turning his fingers red. The aura felt light and comfortable, he will play with Ritsu and probably, everything will go nicely.

The moment his touch brushed on the cream shine of the ball, a deafening scream broke the silence of the place. Shigeo withdrew his actions, his hands trying to suppress the agonizing screech from piercing his eardrums. He glanced back at his crouching brother, his dark mouth no longer smiling, but wide-open in pain. Black tears travelled the gleaming face, the outlines of his figure turning to a bloody red. He panicked at the sight, what has he done? Was he okay?

Puddles of light red splattered the immaculate floor, the cry of the toddler became louder.

"You're the worst big brother! You keep hurting me with your powers, it hurts so much!" The red figure yelled, his body rising and falling to the movement of his wailing.

"Wait, Ritsu! I'm so sorry! P-please-" The room started to shake violently before he could finish his excuse. He fell on his knees and the sound of the screams echoed back to his direction. Everything was out of control. Everything was his fault.

Progress toward Mob's Explosion: 86%

Flashy colors blinded his vision, his mind tried to concentrate on his breathing but he knew everything will break down. He tightly shut his eyes; it was it, the moment he will lose everything.

The screams and the shake of the room were incredibly more violent, he didn't know if he will support the situation any longer. His breathing was irregular, and at the moment he thought he will explode, the room was back to normal again.

He looked around, his breathing still loud after what he experienced. He used the new calm of the room to compose himself, loads of unanswerable questions flooding his troubled mind.

The clatter of shoes hitting the cold floor made Shigeo's head snap to its direction, beads of sweat already forming on his temple. The enlighten figure was considerably taller, its silhouette lanky and still incredibly familiar. The young teen swallowed back the lump inside his throat, his hands shook at the adult in front of him. Was it his master?

"Oh! Mob! What are you doing on the floor? Come on, stand up." The voice of Reigen energetically demanded to the quivering boy who complied to his request immediately.

"Okay, now that you are on your two feet," He started, a black smirk forming on his gleaming form. "I want to tell you my excuses." He confessed nervously, scratching his neck out of embarrassment. Shigeo's eyes widened, did his master really apologized to him? But what was the reason?

"I think that... I bothered you too much today, and even this week." His voice started to mumble, he wasn't sure how to put his words clear. "You wanted to spend more time with your friend and I kept you away from that, I'm truly sorry." Small tears started to blur his vision; he couldn't believe that his master finally understood his situation, and even his feelings. A genuine smile showed on his feature, this has to be the right path.

"I think that I need to pay you better for your extra work, you deserve it." The glowing figure handed to the boy a rectangular form, the edges of it slightly dropping. "Please take the money Shigeo, it's all for you." Reigen's dark lips formed a smile, his stature more confident than before.

His hands started to shake again; he deeply wished that, if he took the loan of money his master was giving him, the earthquake won't start again. But he only had one choice.

Progress toward Mob's Explosion: 90%

His hands proceed to be near the one of Reigen's. He retracted his fingers for a moment; the light the young adult emitted was warm and welcoming, he was scared to hurt himself if he touched it again. He cleared his mind and went for it, his heart beating so fast in its cage.

At his touch, the light's rim turned crimson red, oh no.

His tense hands gripped to his ears, a loud and deeper yell echoed through the room, a mixture of dangerously bright colors coming from every corner of his vision. His trembling orbs tried to look out for Reigen, panic rushed when he met the wounded form, firmly holding his stomach.

"Mob, I told you to never use your powers against other! You will only wound them; you'll hurt the ones you love if you continue like that..." The scream of terror was making Shigeo crazy, uncontrollable tears ran across his pale face, he never wanted to be like that. "I really thought you would change Mob, I really thought you would change..." His voice was becoming a whisper, the floor shook even more violently, the enlighten figure of his master falling to its side, bright blood spreading on the ebony surface.

Progress toward Mob's Explosion: 98%

"I'm so sorry, I-I'm so s-sorry..."

"Sorry for what?" A new voice asked curiously.

The calm prospered inside the unknown room again, Shigeo reluctantly raised his head up to meet a figure he loves so much. (Y/n) was standing in front of him, the same dark smile adorned their glowing face.

"Nothing." His dull voice replied. "Well, okay, but you can always tell me if there is something bothering you!" They enthusiastically said, displaying their natural kindness.

For a second, he wanted to tell them everything, from the beginning to minutes ago: his wish for this whole nightmare to stop, the constant torture he has done to the ones who he truly cared, the heartbreaking cries he heard, and the true disappointment he was.

His mind suddenly blew up. He realized he had neglected the fact he was a part of the darkness he wanted to escape; his form was merging with the infinite hole of despair he was destined to be from. He wasn't a source of warmth and light like they were. They were the rays of sunshine of the lives they encountered, they made him feel better when he wasn't feeling okay, they cared for him when he was sick, they made efforts for his experience of life to be better, but he never did it back to them. He hates himself so much. His emotions locked away because of powers he wished to never have, he was cursed to be a boy who will never make them happy, because he can't truly be himself.

"My aunt told me I was free tonight from looking over my cousins, so that mean we can do something together! What do you think?" (Y/n)'s light figure jumped at the thought, impatiently waiting for his answer, but his lips were tight shut.

Progress toward Mob's Explosion: 99%

They extended one hand to him, an adorable black grin pushing their soft white cheeks. "So, do you want to come?" They asked. Shigeo's eyes trembled at the sight of their delicate hand in front of him, he knew too well it was a lure, nothing but an excuse to accuse him for the simplest act he would do.

"No." His voice was hollow, drained to even explain his reasons. His eyes couldn't look at the dreamy light anymore; he watched back the dark floor. "W-wait, why? You told me you really wanted to spend more time with me and when I'm finally out of babysitting, you refuse?" It was so hard for the young boy to hear, he did want to spend more time with them, so much, but he knew he will only hurt them. "I even told my parents about it, I said I wanted some time to myself, to be with you more." Their voice cracked multiple times, he could even hear uneven sobs. He feared he made the situation worse. "I know I can be q-quite clingy sometime, but it's just because I like being with you! We are close ever since we were kids, I really don't want to lose you..." The silence was deafening, both teen waited for the other to say something, but it led to nothing.

"I'm so sorry Shigeo, I won't bother you anymore..." Their footsteps hit the floor loosely, they tried to go away from him but they abruptly stopped, loudly crying from the building sadness. They tried to muffle their sorrowful and uncontrollable sobs, and it was at this moment Shigeo couldn't hold back anymore.

Progress toward Mob's Explosion: 100% Self-hatred

They kept hiding their misery out of everyone's ears, dealing with their problems all alone because nobody tried to help them. But this time, he will do something. Shigeo hastily ran to them, his hand out to reach their darkening form. "Wait!"

Colors flashed when his fingers brushed against the scalding skin, a burning feeling devouring his own hand at the touch. The same scream echoed inside the dark place, his eyes watery from the pain he was experiencing over and over.

"Don't touch me! You're a monster! A monster!" His mind started to spin, his attention could only hear their cries. His vision grew dizzy and he feels the coldness of the sleek floor paralyzing his burned palms, everything seemed to shatter. Was it the end? Was he done with making everyone he loves suffer? Did they finally hate him now?

"You will kill everyone with your powers! You're the worst Shigeo, I hate you!"

Progress toward Mob's Explosion: 160%

"I hate you!"

Progress toward Mob's Explosion: 535%

"I hate you!"

Progress toward Mob's Explosion: 999%

"I HATE YOU!"

Progress toward Mob's Explosion: ???%

-

Strange lights kept flashing against (Y/n)'s closed eyelids. They stirred, slowly waking up from their relaxing slumber. Their breathing immediately halted because of the uncomfortably stifling air, they reluctantly opened their (e/c) orbs, curious of the uncommon happenings. Bright colors completely illumined the room in a mixture of saturated red and blinding white, badly hurting their still drowsy vision.

They tried to stand up, mumbling to their friend questions of what was the reason of these flashy lights, but they soon realized they couldn't move. A strong pressure strangled their abdomen, what felt like claws dug into their pajama top. They started to panic, something was off and they knew it. They tried to cautiously turn their head to meet the source of this intense force and blazing colors, their mind wondering to everything they remembered from the past night, but the sleep wasn't totally off their thoughts.

Strands of ebony hair were now tickling their sweat covered cheeks, a black silhouette clung on them and incomprehensible mumblings filled the silence of the bedroom. Their breath stopped, they were in danger.

'Don't be near Shigeo when his powers come out, he can be dangerous' Is what Ritsu told them ever since they were toddlers. His big brother's force is unstable, he can't hold to them to protect others, he knows he could wound the innocents if he tried. It is ultimately scary to not be in control of yourself; been able to kill anyone if you are unconscious enough, and yet, it was the situation (Y/n) was in.

Their palms became clammy, their respiration loud and uneven; they needed to escape from him and quickly. The shaking form of the (h/c) teen tried to take hold of his frail arms, their hands forcefully pushing him off themselves, but he was much stronger than anticipated. His hold became more intense, his mutterings louder than before, they made the situation worse.

Stress overcame their senses; they don't want to disappear now. They didn't say goodbyes to their family, they haven't told how much they loved their cousins, their parents, their aunt, how much they enjoyed to be with them, how much they care about the memories they had here with them and Shigeo. This boy was here from the start and they wished to be with him until the end. A welcoming family he had, people so nice they didn't deserve to fade away with the fresh winds of this night. Everything will dissipate and it will be their entire fault.

They held their breath for a few moments, waiting for the end to come, but it never did. The flash of white and red blinded their vision, but less than before. They expired the hot air from their lungs, was this whimpers they heard?

The dark figure behind them was softly crying on their back, the sound of sobs halting their palpitations. Their ears were now concentrating on the sound, a feeling of concern shaking their thoughts.

After a couple of seconds, they realized they were right: Shigeo was wiping on their top, the beads of sweat forming on their back tainted their shirt with his cold tears, but how will they deal with it?

They felt like they were defusing a dangerous explosive, or hiding from a wild animal. They were rummaging through their memories to find any advice his family had told them for emergency cases like this, maybe if they find something they could save everyone and-

"It worried me a lot before, I kept stressing out before exams because I was afraid of failing."

Exams? But it wasn't about exams now, it was about something serious: saving lives, they-

"I-I think the best way to pass tests is not to worry about them, don't think too much before it's time to do them."

Wait, this advice could probably be useful. Stress is an obstacle they need to surpass in this situation, maybe they could-

"You don't need to panic on them when you know you already studied hard; your work will pay off."

It was the answer. At this moment, they knew what to do.

They exhaled and inhaled repeatedly and slowly, taking away the amount of worry which built inside their distressed mind. They needed to relax, think of things that make them calm down.

What first appeared was a picture of Shigeo, of the precious smile he has when he sees them, the warm blush adorning his cheeks when they laugh and his precious chocolate orbs they fall for so long ago. He makes them happy and they wouldn't trade this feeling for anything. So if they wanted to experience it again, they had to save him.

Their now steady hands brushed against the tense ones of Mob; their fingers comfortably drew circles on his velvety warm skin, a soft hush escaped their lips trying to calm him down. Their actions started to pay off; the tight hold their friend had on them loosened slowly. A relieved smile showed on their features, will they make it?

Minutes by minutes, the blinding colors started to let the darkness of the night take over the room again, the air became breathable but the sorrowful cries weren't dying out. Cautiously, (Y/n) turned around to face their distressed and slightly awoke friend. He was tightly holding on them as of his life depended on it. Strands of hair were disheveled on his pale face, cheeks red from his uncontrollable tears rushing out his puffy glistering eyes. His pitiful appearance was heartbreaking to look at, his friend's expression was instantly lacing with extreme worry. Their silky hands wanted to caress the sadness off Mob's face, but his quivering lips made them stop their affectionate actions.

"(Y/n)... D-do you, do you hate me?" Shigeo asked softly, his voice was so quiet and calm; they didn't restrain themselves to snugly hug his drained figure back.

"Hating you? I don't think it's possible." They laughed at their remark, watching as the dim light of the moon enlightened his figure, relief washing over his past concern. Lukewarm tears of gratitude travelled his swollen cheeks, a genuine smile spreading on his beautiful face.

"Hey, don't cry, you're so handsome when you smile, you shouldn't ruin that with those tears." They continued to giggle, brushing away the warm liquid off his face. His face regained the crimson color (Y/n) loves so much, he was embarrassed of their actions but his pure eyes couldn't look away from their mesmerizing (e/c) ones.

"You know, I really like you." They admitted proudly to him, a feeling of joy spreading when they saw the sparkles of surprise gleaming across his irises.

"So, so much." They told calmly, holding close into his tense figure, their arms completely circling his chest. They could now feel his heart beating at an inhuman pace against their skin, a satisfied smile pushed their rose cheeks. Goose bumps made him jump from the loving act he accepted wholeheartedly, the embarrassment of feeling them so close had a lot of effects on him. He hesitantly rested his forehead on theirs, his eyelids gently closed from fatigue, the side-effect from using too much of his power operating.

"I-I-I... I really like you, too." He replied tenderly, the comfortable cuddles were calming him from the pestering thoughts he had all night. Even if it was all a nightmare, he will still take notes of it and let the ones he cares about know how much he loves them. But only for (Y/n) tonight, the others will need to wait until tomorrow comes.

Progress toward Mob's Explosion: 0%

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.3K 676 25
☆.。.:* 𝘢 𝘬𝘪𝘭𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘳𝘰𝘴 𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘮𝘰𝘴 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘰 .。.:*☆ ©glitterfreezed - 🇳‌🇴‌🇻‌ 11, 2019 【𝐎𝐍𝐆𝐎𝐈𝐍𝐆 - slow updates】 ...
239K 4K 12
Toge x reader one shots 🏷꒰ requests are open (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) y/n is your oc so I won't write anything that will make the reader(you)...
55.3K 1.8K 17
You love Reigen Arataka. You have for a while now, actually. Will you be able to win the man of your dreams? [warning: contains lemon)
534K 6K 55
╰⋯➤"Mʏ ᴊᴏᴜʀɴᴇʏ ʜᴀs ᴛᴏ ɢᴏ ᴏɴ, ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜ." ____________ ╰⋯➤Jujutsu kaisen x reader oneshots, ╰⋯➤ Female and Male reader + Oneshots~ Absolutely do not w...