Echoes ~ (Book Two of The Eli...

By angel-At-heart

Sometimes the past is so powerful, those echoes threaten to overwhelm the present. More

Disclaimers & Dedications
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
POST CREDITS SCENE
Bloopers & Behind the Scenes
𝕀𝕞𝕡𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕒𝕟𝕔𝕖 𝕠𝕗 ℕ𝕠𝕥𝕖

Prologue

5.2K 117 14
By angel-At-heart

"Subject 0.28's vitals are remaining steady," one technician reported.

Two doctors were examining the live feed from the brain scans and the simulation. They stood in another room, away from the test subject. Nodding at the technician, who then turned back to watching the feed from the monitors.

"Fascinating," one of the two, a female with dark hair, remarked, "If only we didn't have to put her under her every time, the scans when the subject is awake would probably have much more interesting results."

The male scientist adjusted his glasses. "Yes....when Subject 0.01 arrives, Dr. Paige would like us to run her through the old training simulation and then perform the wipe afterwards. But, after the initial sedation and brain scans. She wants to avoid any possible rough spots in the future."

"Is the Elite program going to be reinstated then?"

"Not for the moment," The man replied, logging in the results of the test. "First Dr. Paige and the board would like us to study and compare the results from 0.28 and 0.01, and learn what made them more capable of handling the serum than the others.
She expects a full report to be made not long after Group A's expected arrival."

The woman indicated that she understood.
"Its intriguing how there's such an increase in the activity of subject 0.28's parietal lobe, even when unconscious.
In Dr. Paige's last transmission, she seemed to believe that it could perhaps be linked to the abnormal symptoms the subject exhibited previously, when she was first brought in for testing."

The male doctor considered it for a few moments.
"True. That's a very likely connection. However, after the tests are compared, they want the subjects sedated again, and readied for transport to The City."

EDITED 9/2/19 - I noticed an inconsistency in the prologue that I fixed, so events in later chapters would make sense.
Sorry for any confusion that may have caused.🙂

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

470K 8.8K 62
Oneshots, imagines, preferences Doing Thomas Newt Gally Minho
14.7K 270 33
"Sometimes, memories are the worst kind of torture." [Newt x Reader]
84.3K 1.5K 38
"𝜤'𝙫𝙚 𝙖𝒍𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙙𝙮 𝙩𝞸𝒍𝙙 𝙮𝞸𝙪 𝜤 𝙙𝞸𝙣'𝙩 𝙣𝙚𝙚𝙙 𝙮𝞸𝙪 𝙩𝞸 𝙥𝙧𝞸𝙩𝙚𝙘𝙩 𝙢𝙚, 𝜤 𝙘𝙖𝙣 𝒍𝞸𝞸𝙠 𝙖𝙛𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙢𝙮𝙨𝙚𝒍𝙛 𝞜𝙚𝙬𝙩! �...
43.1K 1.1K 18
~ 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚎𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚍 𝚋𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚊𝚣𝚎 𝚛𝚞𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚜. ~ 𝙸'𝚖 𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚋𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙸'𝚖 𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚎 ~ 𝙸 𝚍𝚘 𝚗𝚘...