My Mate.....The Nerd (New Ver...

By arabella_tomlinson

Book 1 in "My Mate...." series Bennett Savage is your all average looking 17 year old teen with above averag... More

Characters
1. Bennett
2. Dimitri
4. Dimitri
5. Bennett
6. Dimitri
7. Bennett
8. Dimitri
9. Bennett
10. Dimitri
11. Bennett
12. Dimitri
13. Bennett
14. Dimitri
15. Bennett
16. Dimitri
17. Bennett
18. Dimitri
19. Bennett
20. Dimitri
21. Bennett
22. Dimitri
23.Bennett
24. Dimitri
25. Bennett
Epilogue. Dimitri

3. Bennett

28K 1K 271
By arabella_tomlinson

"Do you regret it?" I asked my 'parents' the following day during breakfast making my brothers and Elena lookup.

"Regret what?" Lilith asked with a confused look on her face that matched Morgan's.

>This is not the right time Benny< Brett's voice echoed in my head but I ignored him.

"You know what. So tell me. Do you regret it?" I repeated my question looking at them as I felt my anger grow with each passing second. I knew my grandparents were strict and something told me that they were behind me being raised by Lilith and Morgan as a son instead of my real parents.

"Again, we don't know what you're talking about Benny," Morgan said.

"Don't call me Benny, you have no right calling me that" I said and I saw his eyes flash but I didn't give a fuck.

"Enough Bennett" Benji interjected.

"Stay out of this Benjamin as it has no concern to you" I replied without looking at him.

"You will respect me Bennett." He snarled.

"Don't get involved Benji," Brett said stepping in, "You may be alpha but what Bennett is demanding has nothing to do with you unless you knew."

"Can someone please explain what the fuck is going on?" Chris asked.

"Language Chris," Bonnie said.

"Answer me. Do you regret raising me."

"Why would we regret raising you? Bennett, you're our son." Lilith said making me scoff and she frowned.

"Bullshit," I snarled as Bailey pushed to the surface, "Brett and I heard you last night. You said you needed to tell me the truth about my birth. You're not my parents but uncle and aunt while my real parents died protecting the pack" Silence engulfed the dining room as Lilith and Morgan's eyes widened at my words.

"We-Bennett." Morgan began at a loss of words.

"How long were you planning on keeping this from me? Would my real parents have told me the truth if they were alive?" I asked and they looked at each other but didn't say anything, "ANSWER ME!"

"You want the truth?" Lilith finally asked and her voice went from soft to harsh, "So you want the truth? The truth is that yes I regret raising you as my son. I regret listing to your grandparents about taking you in as our son."

"Lilith enough," Morgan cut in.

"No, I'm done trying to be gentle with him, he needs the hard truth," Lilith said as she looked at me while speaking to her husband."You have been nothing but a burden to me, your parents should've left Canada and hidden until they knew it was safe but they didn't. They were found four days after at the border and your grandfather beat Marc to a bloody pulp for running away. You were ripped from your mother's arms with the threat that you were going to be killed and fed to the rogues but Morgan was the one with the brilliant idea that we would raise you as another son and when the time came you would know the truth. Why do you think I was always cold with you? Morgan should've left you to be killed."

"ENOUGH!" Morgan growled as he slammed his hands on the table making everyone jump aside from me as I sneered at the woman across from me.

"You should've killed me when you had the chance all those years ago. Hell, you should've given me to the rogues to finish me off like you watched them do to my parents." I snarled as I felt Bailey wanting to take control but I kept him in a tight leash but I knew my eyes were a different color, "You held Brett and Benji back even though they wanted to fight with my parents while Chris was in the safe room where I was taken by my mother because she gave a shit about me and wanted me safe while you just watched."

"Bennett enough." Benji said his voice thick as he fought his wolf for control.

"My parents died protecting this pack before they could tell me the truth and you watched instead of stepping up and doing your job as Alphas," I said looking at Morgan and Lilith, "that was your job not watch your betas die. I was left without my parents because you were selfish. Benji and Brett were old enough to fight but no, you held them back you let MY parents die because you were cowards" I had tears of anger rolling down my face as I stared at the woman I had called mother for 17 years.

"I wasn't going to let my sons get hurt," She said and I scoffed.

"So you rather let two people die while protecting a pack that they didn't have to because you didn't want your sons getting hurt? You're selfish like I stated before. It wasn't their job to fight at the front lines it was yours and your husband's," I wiped the tears from my face as my breathing labored and said, "I hate you and I know you don't give a fuck about that but I really do hate you. I hate you because you were cowards. I hate you because you watched my parents die and didn't help them. I hate you because you didn't help them escape with me when they had a chance. I deserved to be raised and have my parents but that will never happen because they're dead and gone because of you."

I pushed away from the table and walked away. I couldn't stand being in the same room as her. As for them. They weren't my family. The only family I had were dead and I'll never get the chance to call them mom and dad even if I would slip up once in a while when I was little and it fucking hurts.

>What are you going to do Benny?< Bailey asked in my head as I climbed the stairs towards my room.

>Leave. I don't want to stay in a place where I don't belong or I'm not loved< I replied as I walked towards the closet and grabbed everything inside and tossed them on my bed before going to grab the two suitcases and duffel bag before waking back live to the end and stuffing my clothes in them. A knock on my door made me look over to see Chris standing in the doorway with a frown.

"What are you doing?" He asked

"What does it look like? I'm packing. I'm leaving the house. You heard your mother. I'm a burden to her. I've been one since I was born" I replied and he purses his lips as he walked in and sat on my computer desk.

"And where do you plan on living in?" He asked

"A house I found three blocks away from school," I said as I zipped up the duffle bag.

"That's part of the King Pack, Bennett are you insane?" He asked shocked and I rolled my eyes.

"I don't care. I want to be as far away from here as I can" I said and tossed the blue bag over my shoulder.

"If you do that, you'll be asking for a war between us, and I know that you don't want that Bennett," he said and I raised a brow.

"It won't be asking for a war Christopher. All I'm doing is buying the house that's three blocks away from school. Stop being so dramatic" I said and he scoffed.

"Why don't you take your own advice? You're the one who is being dramatic Bennett. So what if they kept this from you they were going to tell you the truth eventually" he said and I snapped my head to face him.

"Fuck you, Chris. You don't know what it feels like to have lied to all your life while you grew up with your parents while I wasn't. They watched me and taught me things but they couldn't be my parents. They died protecting this fucking pack when they could have been raising me and telling me the truth themselves without me having to hear it. You don't know what it feels like to be hated by the people that you grew up knowing as your parents because they loved you. Your life was not a lie unlike mine so don't you fucking dare say I'm being dramatic because you didn't go through what I went through." I snarled before walking out of the room and stomping down the stairs with the two suitcases and duffle bag.

"Where are you going, Bennett?" Benji asked as he walked out of the living room.

"What's it to you?" I asked with a raised brow as I looked over my shoulder while my handheld the door handle.

"Because I'm your brother and alpha and I want to know where you're going," he replied with his arms crossed and I chuckled making him clench his jaw.

"You're not my brother. You've never been my brother. We may have grown up as brothers but that's because I wasn't allowed to be raised by my real parents" I said as I turned to face him and the others who had joined us with Chris in the staircase, "And like I told Christopher. I'm leaving and if you must know where it's the abandoned house three blocks from school. I'm not wanted here that much is clear."

"You're my brother despite what mom and dad did. I've watched you grow up Benny and that will never change. So please just calm down and think this through," he said and I shook my head.

"We may have grown up together as brothers but that won't change the fact that we're cousins and nothing more. I've thought it through all night last night and this morning before breakfast. I don't want to be under the same roof as the people who lied to me my entire life, Benji." I replied giving him a tired smile and he nodded, "I don't hate you or blame you for your parents' actions. But I don't feel comfortable being here and seeing them every day after learning the truth. I'll come back for Zero after school," and with that, I walked out of the house and over to my car popping the trunk open and tossing the suitcases and duffle bag in it before shutting it close. My backpack was already in the passenger seat since I brought it down after they had left last night. I took a deep breath before turning the engine on and reversing out of the driveway and down the road towards the school.

****

All-day I've been smelling the same scent but I could never find the person that it belonged to and it was driving me up a wall. Who did it belong to? It was always during the end of each class and in the halls that I'd catch a whiff of it but I could never catch the owner.

"Benny?" Chris called and I clenched closed my eyes and took a deep breath before turning my head towards him.

"What?" I questioned and he sighed.

"I'm sorry. About this morning I mean. I wanted to apologize to you but you left the room before I had the chance. I'm pissed at mom and dad for keeping this secret from us all this time, hell Brett and Benji are just as pissed especially Benji since he was the one being held back by Mom when he could've helped your parents fight the rogues," he said and I could tell he was being sincere and sighed.

"I'm sorry t-"I began to say but cut off when the scent from this morning filled my nose  and Chris frowned when he noticed my change of attitude

"What's wrong?" He asked but I held a hand up to shut him up and that's when the strong masculine and intoxicating scent grew stronger making Bailey pace in my head as he shouted MATE! MATE! MATE over and over again. I furrowed my brows and looked up in time to see none other than the Dimitri King himself rounding the corner with his friends-Monica, Riley, and Jeremy-laughing at something one of them had said before he froze and his eyes landed on me.

"Mate."

"Mate."

We both said at the same time making his friends and Chris look at us with wide eyes.

"Oh, you've got to be kidding me," Chris whispered from my side.

"Bennett right?" My Mate asked as he walked over to us and I nodded making him smile.

"Want to have lunch with us?" He asked and I blinked before nodding.

"What about your reputation?" I asked and he shrugged.

"My reputation won't be with me my whole life but you will," he replied making my heart race and a blush cover my face. "That is if you'll accept me as your mate."

"I accept you as my mate and do you accept me as yours?"

"I do," he replied with a smile and his friends smiled from behind him and I nodded before looking over at my brother and smiled.

"I'll see you later okay?" I asked and he just nodded and with that, I walked away with Dimitri and his friends towards the lunchroom where it fell silent when the students watched us walk in and over to the lunch line.

It wasn't surprising seeing as Dimitri and his friends were the most popular kids in all of Lakeview with Brett and the gang being second on the list of popularity. The reason why the room fell silent was because Dimitri-who was the star quarterback of the school- had his arm thrown over the shoulder of the school's nerd. We were both opposites from each other. We may both be popular in our own way but we were still different from each other. He was tall with broad muscular shoulders, a killer smile, stunning hazel eyes, and dark brown hair and I was short for my age with light eyes, short shaggy blond hair, I was slim built with little muscle and I wore glasses. He played every sport known to man while I kept my nose buried in whatever book I could find or writing.

Whispers erupted around the room but we both ignored them as he looked down at me.

"Get whatever you want. I'm paying," Dimitri said with a smile and a loud gasp filled the room at his words making him roll his eyes.

"I bet that poor loser is his next target that's why Dimitri is being so nice to him."

"That should be me not that loser."

"Dimitri will get rid of him when he's had his fun."

Those were a few whispers I heard as I waited my turn to be at the front and I swallowed the knot in my throat.

"Don't you have anything better to talk about other than me and my mate?" Dimitri asked and once again gasps and whispers filled the room making him growl.

"Don't make a scene D," Jeremy said and Dimitri snarled his eyes flashing as he fought to control his wolf.

"Fucking assholes." He murmured before looking down at me, "don't listen to them, love. They're just jealous of you."

"Okay," but how can I not listen to them though? I've seen Dimitri with countless girls and guys over the years and what makes this not one of them? What if he rejects me after he gets his fill? I don't think I'd be able to handle that.

"Hey, you're not like the people I used to hook up with, alright? I've always fancied you even before I knew you were my mate and now that I know I'm not going to fuck that up," Dimitri said as he cupped my face making me look up at him and I could see the truth in his eyes and I nodded which made him smile. "Good" he leaned down and kissed my forehead making my face heat up which made his friends awe.

Once Dimitri and his friends paid for lunch we walked towards the table in the middle and sat down. All through lunch I could feel eyes on me but like Dimitri said, I tried and focused on eating and getting to know him and friends more. Once lunch ended Dimitri walked me to class and stopping me from entering and I raised a brow making him smile.

"Would you like to go on a date with me tonight after football practice?" He asked and I smiled.

"I'd like that but you'd have to pick me up from my house a few blocks from here and he frowned.

"Don't you live at the Savage Packhouse?" He asked and I shook my head and he pursed his lips, "since we're mates you'll be living with me at the packhouse. You can either go home with Monica or you can wait for me until practice is over and we'll go home together."

"I can wait for you so we can go together. I have to stay after for tutoring anyway," I said and he nodded.

"Alright. Where do you want to meet?"

"We can meet in the parking lot if that's okay with you?" And he nodded and so with that plan, he kissed me on the forehead again before going in the opposite direction while I walked in and went to my seat in the middle of Uriel and Montana.

"You have a lot of explaining to do, Bennett Bailey Savage," Montana whispered and I grinned at her nodding.

My day may have started off shitty but it ended with me finding my Mate and in the most unexpected of people. Who knew my mate would turn out to be none other than Dimitri King? I for sure as hell didn't but I wasn't complaining. He was after all my crush since freshman year after all.

And I couldn't wait to learn more about him during our date.

an here's a new update guys let me know what you think and don't forget to leave a vote/ fan

do you think Lilith was to harsh? Should have Bennett waited to confront them or did he do the right thing by confronting them at breakfast? Leave you thoughts in the comments

xoxo

~Cx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6M 79.1K 23
"Beau, stop," I gasped, but I didn't want him to stop. "Amabelle. I am your alpha and your mate. You are mine and only mine. I am yours and only you...
402K 15.2K 43
Crispin Jafir is known for being a kind and gentle Alpha to his very small pack of only 30 werewolves. The Redstone Pack might as well be non-existen...
950K 24.3K 24
⚠️ WARNING ⚠️ I was really inexperienced when I wrote this and quite dramatic. I understand that this book may not be everyone's favorite (even I cri...
7.6K 579 19
READ BOOK ONE : "MY MATE.....THE NERD" FIRST Book 4 of the "My Mate......" series Ryker Storm is the alpha of the Alpha is the Moonlit Oasis Pack. Wi...