𝑇𝑜 𝐵𝑒 𝐻𝑎𝑝𝑝𝑦 (𝐷𝑎𝑛�...

By MelissaBarringer

🎵If I had one wish, I would wish for two For me and you to be happy With the way things are, sometimes gets... More

Chapter 1. coffee talk
Chapter 2. getting ready
Chapter 3. blind date
Chapter 4. elephant in the room
Chapter 5. knowing different things
Chapter 6. both pain in the ass!
Chapter 8. ice cube and dinner
Chapter 9. it's official
Chapter 10. world of chances
Chapter 11. this can't be happening
Chapter 12. awkward encounter with the ex-girlfriend
Chapter 13. old photos
Chapter 14. 21 question game
Chapter 15. back to work and problems
Chapter 16. i don't know why he plays these games
Chapter 17. not my time
A/N!

Chapter 7. the morning after

2.1K 43 4
By MelissaBarringer

Abigail Heartman.
Manhattan, New York City.
Chapter 7. the morning after.

I was currently making a pot of coffee when I heard footsteps approaching me, "Good morning, Abby." Daniel says and hugs me.

"Morning." I said and kiss his cheek.

"Did you sleep well?" I ask.

"Yeah I did, I haven't slept like that in awhile." He answers.

"What did you mean by that?" I ask.

"Meaning that I haven't slept next to another woman since my divorce." He answers.

I kinda noticed that he was wearing his sliver wedding band but maybe he wasn't ready to take it off? I mean maybe he still isn't over her? I don't know, I don't wanna jump into the conclusion.

"Are you okay?" He ask.

"I'm fine, I promise." I said.

"You do know that you can ask me anything, right?" He says and I nodded.

"I know." I said.

"I think your wondering why I haven't taken off my ring, right?" He ask.

"I don't want to jump into the conclusion and it's your personal life." I said looking away.

Then gently grab my chin making me look at him, "The reason why I haven't took it off is because I wasn't ready to and we were married over the last 15 years."

"I didn't want to force you to tell me." I said.

"I know and you were just curious about it." He said then adds, "Will I ever get married again? I don't know but the one thing I will tell you is that I just want you to know that I'm not using you at all."

"I don't wanna be known as the rebound girl." I said.

"And you never will be, Abby. Besides my parents didn't raise me like that to use other women for my benefits." He says.

I grab two cups and pour coffee into them and then I handed one to him, "Do you have time for breakfast or do you have to leave?" I ask and took a drink of my coffee.

"Yes I do have time." He answers.

I open the refrigerator getting out the eggs and bacon then I grab two pans and a bowl. Once breakfast was done, both of us sat at the kitchen table eating in silence not saying a word.

Why did it just get so damn awkward all of the sudden?

"Come here." He says softly as he grabs my hand and pulls me towards him then I sat on his lap.

"Your very special to me, Abby. And I don't know what it is but your just perfect to me." He whispers then kisses my cheek.

I sighs, "I'm nowhere near perfect." I said.

"But you are to me." He says then add, "How about we clean up and go lay back down? What do you say?" He subjected.

"Okay sounds good." I answer.

Both of us got up and started cleaning up the kitchen. I put the dirty dishes in the dishwasher while he was wiping the table off. Once we were done we headed back to my room.

I pull the covers over me as he got into bed and I pull him closer to me as he hides his face into my neck.

I started running my fingers through his short hair and he left kisses on my neck here and there. "Are you comfortable?" I ask as he adjusted himself.

"Why yes I am." He answers.

"Are you working the graveyard shift?" I ask.

"Yep, so I get to spend my day with you before going to work later." He answers.

A/N: sorry it's short 🤷🏻‍♀️ I'm trying to come up with new ideas.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6K 443 52
Sebrina Flores independent mature smart girl who knows how to handle everything whether is emotionally physically or mentally. It's really hard to br...
819 60 12
Mackenzie O'Conner's life was falling apart. After catching her boyfriend in the act , she finds herself starting over, starting completely from scra...
7.4K 264 78
"You've been waiting for twelve years. You should be mad. Ask me, why I left without a word? Why I didn't say goodbye? Why I didn't contact you at al...
577K 13.1K 32
When Rebecca moves back to her hometown for a friend's wedding, unfortunate circumstances put her near her ex-boyfriend, who left her completely brok...