Unexpected Surprises

By SeaxxSun

Ariana Belle was the typical quiet girl. She was the weak link in the ferocious Crimson Pack. She was shunned... More

Unexpected Surprises
Authors Note
From Happy Birthday to Drunk Sex
Rejection and An Unexpected Suprise x2
Goodbye
Reunited
Kodak Moment
Family
From Fairytale to a Nightmare
"She makes Joey go red..... like tomatoes!"
Prince turned out to be the monster.
Give Him Time ..
This attraction will be the end of me
Father or Not?
This is a Warning
The Rightful Luna and The Fraud
Alpha Daddy?
Confessions
Not A Chapter ... Sorry !
i love you ...
He's Off The Market ! Sorry Ladies !
Never Mess With a Ballerina
The Game!
DelaRosa
The Problem.
No
Sealing The Deal With A Kiss
Mate
Promises
Yolanda & Glen
Not A Chapter! Sorry Lovelies!
Vincent
Love
The Kiss And Tell
To Take The Out Or Not
Blood Calling
Jossie & Benny Boy
Sunny
Epilogue
Good News!

Roberto

105K 2.8K 322
By SeaxxSun

Rant

  I just wanted to say something in regards to Ariana forgiving Caleb so quickly in the beginning. I have started to get messages and comments about how she should have moved on. Or made him work harder. And I agree 100% with those people. Now that I go back and read through my story some of what I wrote makes me cringe because its so unrealistic. But I was 16 and I had just started to write. I wanted something romantic and I have never been in a relationship where I have been cheated on or lied to. I didn't try and put myself in her situation. It was all a story in my head. And that was my mistake.

Once this story is over, I might rewrite it how I feel like she should have responded to what was thrown her way. I'm not sure yet. It might be a while and most of my lovely readers enjoy what I have written already.

But I am not going to change how Ariana is now. I didn't plan for her to be so forgiving and naive. But that's the way she came out. And I'm not going to change her. Because changing who she is and how she is will change the story completely.

I hope that those few readers who are disgusted and hate the way she is, overlook it. But if you can't then I'm sorry. And thank you for reading as much as you did. I am even thankful for the criticism. Because that's what helped me look back at my story and see how weird it was for her to welcome him back.

I know this might sound funny. But now at 18, I have seen and have been a part of real situations. Involving cheating. And now that I've seen how much cheating and lying affects somebody. I could never imagine welcoming back a guy who had hurt me. But give me a break with the hate messages.

I was young and I just wanted to write.

-Mari

(Sorry for my rant. Onward with the story!)

Chapter Twenty Nine

Ariana Belle

"You let him come?" I muttered staring wide eyed at Caleb.

He sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. Standing up he began to pace back and forth in front of my bed.

"He came without warning Ariana. Once he heard Marina was attacked he came. When I stopped him at the border ... I couldn't bring myself to reject his plea to pass."

"Why not." I interrupted sitting up. I frowned as Caleb's face paled. "Caleb.."

"All I could imagine was Zoey in another territory. Broken and bruised, with strangers. And the Alpha not letting me see my baby." He whispered. His eyes glazed over like if he was stuck in that imagine.

Wincing I stood up from the bed and walked over to him. Grabbing his hands I leaned over and kissed him softly. "I understand Cale. And that will never happen to our baby girl." I smiled reassuringly. Frowning he nodded.

"He wants to meet you. Its been three weeks Ariana. He can sense you every time you enter the house. And its tearing him apart." Shaking my head I walked away from him and began looking for my sandals.

No way was I going to speak to him. I wasn't ready. All I wanted to do was focus on Heath and now those damn Rogues. I wanted to deal with them. Eliminate the threats, tell Zoey about her daddy, focus on my sisters and fixing things with my mate.

Not meet the man who betrayed his bestfriend and slept with his wife.

What kind of man does that.

"Babe please listen." Caleb sighed wrapping his arms behind me. My body relaxed into his. Making my wolf pur in delight and comfort.

"It wasn't his fault." Scoffing I tried to unlatch his arms only to be held tighter. "He found his mate Ariana! And then he had no choice but to give her up to his bestfriend. He could have killed your father for her but he didn't. You have no idea how much that takes for an Alpha. I could never even imagine doing that Ariana." He said his voice shaking towards the end.

"But he never maned up and told my dad." I mumbled crossing my arms.

"Neither did your mom. Roberto lost his mate. And then he was never told about you. How do you think he feels Ariana?" He stressed unwrapping his arms from my waist and stepped away.

Turning around I sighed glared into his eyes. "He should have been there for Marina."

Groaning he threw his arms up and walked towards the door. "You should stop making excuses and go meet your father." He said as he opened the door.

"While you do that. I am going to take the twins to pick up Natalia. We will meet you at the lake." He shouted as he shut the door.

Groaning I slid on my sandals and quietly made my way out of the door. Tip toeing I made my way to the back entrance of the house. Where I had heard Marina and that man.

"How's mama?" Marina asked. Her voice shaking with worry.

"She's on bed rest." He replied. His voice was deep and rang throughout the hall way making me slightly jump.

I could feel his strong presence. He was a strong wolf. Well he should be, he's also a hybrid.

"What about Matt?"

Matt? Who was Matt?

Why was there so many people coming all at once. Rolling my eyes I strained my ears to listen to the deep voice.

"He's coming back from school to visit your mama." He sighed. Then everything became silent.

A scream echoed through the house as someone snatched me into their chest.

"Ariana!" Adrian shouted from the living room. I could hear him running towards the hall but all I could focus on was the man hugging me.

He smelled of the cement after rain mixed with a hint of leather. And it was strangely comforting.

My wolf felt at ease. And I felt like I was home.

"Ariana?" Adrian called his footsteps ending a couple feet behind me.

Snapping out of it, I softly pulled away and glanced up at the man.

His eyes were a deep emerald that were filled with tears that were unshed. His hair was a dark brown slightly long, curling toward the ends. He stood at 6'3 with a massive built.

He looked no older than thirty four. But his eyes looked tired, with bags under his eyes. Making the scar running down his right eye seem more prominent.

"Mi Rosita." The man whispered as his palms cupped my jaw. A small gasp escaped my lips as I realised who he was.

Roberto De La Rosa. My biological father.

Snatching myself away from his hold I turned to Adrian who was holding a smiling Marina.

"Hi." I whispered staring at Marina who frowned at me.

"Adrian remember that thing you wanted to show me.." She trailed off nudging Adrian on his side. "Oh right! Let's go baby."

Shaking my head I pulled on Marina's sweater. But she took off her cardigan and walked off with a smile.

"Rosita, please." My body froze hearing him sound so pained. I'm not ready for this. I can't meet him.

I need more time dammit. Why didn't anybody understand!

"I'm sorry." I whispered preparing myself to run out of this house only to be held back.

Glaring down at my wrist that was being held by a larger hand with scars.

"No. I have been waiting for you to be ready for a month. Marina has met you, as did Vincent. I just want to talk Rosita. Please." He pleaded.

After a couple seconds I nodded, softly pulling away from him again.

"Okay." Leading us back to the living room I sat on the couch with him following.

Immediately everyone else stood and walked out of the room. Guilt gnawed at me for practically kicking them out. But I didn't have a room here.

"You look so much like your mama." He sighed his eyes gazing at me.

Squirming I began to play with my fingertips.

"I think I look more like you." I muttered biting down on my lip. His ryes brightened and he knotted his fingers together.

"I know you must hate me.." He trailed off rubbing his palms on his jeans. "I would hate me too." He laughed humorlessly.

"I don't hate you." I sighed pulling my knees up to my chest. "I'm just upset at how you and my mom did everything. Cheating... Going behind my dads back. Lying..." I trailed off ignoring how he winced when I called Gerardo my dad.

"I hated lying to him, Rosita. But the way he looked at Erin. And how happy he was with her and your older sister Mariah. I couldn't break  that." His brows furrowed and his fist clenched like he wanted to say something else.

"And..." I urged wrapping my arms around my legs.

"Corina, Mariana's mama, she was the chosen Luna. My parents chose her since I hadn't found my mate. Well she was pregnant with our son, Matthew. I couldn't break her heart either. I had grown to love her. And your mother and I we agreed it wasn't worth it." He blurted.

"Did you ever tell her?" I asked my fingers digging into my legs.

Slowly he nodded and leaned back in his seat. "She has hated me since." He sighed looking up at the ceiling. "And now she's sick. We don't even know what she has. But she won't even look at me. I can't go in the room without her cursing me and having an attack." He ranted his voice growing heavier with each word.

My heart tugged and before I could stop myself. I crawled over to him and wrapped my arms around his torso. I could feel his body tensing under me before he relaxed.

He wrapped his arms around my shoulders and held me tightly to his chest.

"She'll get better." A small chuckle escaped him but I could feel his body tensing. "I'm afraid she won't."

Silence engulfed us. But we continued to hold each other. And I hated to admit it. But I felt safe in his arms. My wolf acknowledged him as our father.

"I'm sorry Erin kept this a secret. It was all my fault." Looking up, I could see his eyes hood over. "How?"

"I cut off all communication from them. I couldn't bear to talk to them." He said shaking his head at the thought.

"My mate and my bestfriend, my beta. I was heartbroken. But Corina loved me, and love is so important to me." He laughed kissing the top of my head before unwrapping his arms.

Pushing away I sat back in my seat. A small blush making its way to my cheeks. I had thought he was heartless and a player.

That he played my mom and hurt my dad. But he was the only one who ended up hurt in the end. Him and my dad.

"This was all my moms fault." I growled clenching my fist. If she had just kept honest to her vows. And not lie and cheat we wouldn't be here .... Neither would I.

"No no. Rosita, don't blame her. Honestly we are all yo blame. Me for falling for the mate attraction, your mother for also falling and keeping such secrets, and Gerardo for marrying a woman he knew had another mate. We are all to blame." He smiled sadly.

Nodding I looked away from him and glanced around the room. I knew I wanted to ask something else. But I was so nervous and happy and mad... So many emotions at once.

"Marina loves you so much you know." He said snapping me out of my thoughts. "After I told Corina, Matt moved away and cut off from all of us. Marina took it the worst. And then when she found you." He smiled. "You brought back our Marina. You introduced her to her mate." He laughed.

"She's wonderful." I smiled thinking of my little sister. My eyes widened as I remembered what had bothered me so much.

"Talking about Marina. Why, why weren't you there for her?" I asked my voice hardening at the thought of my sweet little sister neglected.

"I was there for her." He frowned sitting up. "I taught her everything. I made sure she was a strong woman and wolf. She is the top of the pack and has surpassed her brother." He practically shouted as he shook his head.

"Then why does it look as if she cares more for you then you care for her?"

His eyes softened and he rubbed his cheek with the palm of his hand. "You have no idea how much I love my Isla."

Rolling my eyes at his habit of calling us by our wolf names. I nodded urging him to go on.

"I just. I didn't want her to be hurt. I was hurt by my mate, her mother was hurt by her own pack and then by me, and her brother became a shell when he learned of my infidelity. I wanted my Isla to be strong. Emotionally and physically." He explained pride flashing in his emerald eyes as he spoke of her.

"Then tell her! Because she thinks you don't care." His eyes met mine and pain was seen through his gaze.

"I didn't know."

Before I could say anything else my phone began to ring. Pulling my phone out I answered with a smile on my face.

"Hello."

"Mommy where are you!" Zoey shouted through the receiver.

"At the big house. Where are you?" I laughed.

"The lake with Joey, Natalia and Prince! We are waiting for you!" She groaned. Looking across the room I gasped at the time. Over an hour had passed.

"Sorry baby I will be there in ten minutes."

"Okay! Bye mommy!"

"Bye honey." Hanging up I turned back to Roberto.

"Sorry I have to go they're waiting for me." I apologized standing to my feet.

Following suit he followed me to the back entrance. "I understand."

Silence fell upon us again as he made it to the edge of the woods.

"Okay so this is goodbye I guess." I laughed awkwardly twisting the side of my dress between my finger tips.

"For now. I would love to spend more time with you and my grandkids." He smiled wrinkles forming at the edge of his eyes.

"Okay."

"Also we need to talk about this Embers Alpha. We need a plan for this situation." Immediately his posture changed. Going from an easy going sweet man to a tall intimidating Alpha.

"We will soon." I promised before hugging him goodbye.

Walking behind the trees I pulled off my clothes and shut my eyes.

The breeze made my body shiver and my hair fly around. But then the familar tingle shot through my body and when I opened my eyes, I was on all white fours.

Taking my clothes in my mouth I shot out towards the lake.

Minutes later I slowed down. Changing back into my human form I followed the twinkly Christmas lights with a smile on my face.

The lights were hung on the tree branches creating a path to the lake, with soft music humming in the background.

The sun had began to set making everything so calming and beautiful. Picking up my pace I froze at the edge of the woods.

There they all were. Caleb and Joey dressed in Tux's with their hair gelled back. But Joeys sticking out more due to his curls.

And Natalia was dresses in a soft pink summer dress with white flats and her hair in a high ponytail. My Zoey had her hair down her long hair reaching just under her bum. She was dressed with a long black and pink maxi like dress with her bare feet.

They all stood there with smiles on their faces taking my breath away.

"Hey babe." Caleb smirked wrapping his arm around my waist.

"What is this?" I breathed smiling up at him.

"We thought you needed a break mommy." Joey grinned taking my hand in his.

"Yeah like a vacation." Zoey added leading us to a big table on the side of the lake.

It was covered with a white table cloth. That I knew would be covered in the food at the end of the dinner due to the kids.

"Because you work so hard with all of us." Natalia smiled a small blush tinting her pale cheeks.

Glancing back at the table my stomach began to grumble at the right.

There was a bowl with fruit in the middle. Two plates with stakes and garlic bread. And three plates with mashed potatoes and chicken.

Two glasses with wine and three smaller cups with a dark purple substance. Taking a whiff I could make out the familiar taste of cranberry juice.

"Thank you." I giggled kissing Joeys forehead as he pulled my seat out.

"Welcome mommy." Then he turned and pulled out the girls chairs. Taking his seat in the middle of them.

Turning to Caleb I smiled lovingly at him as he lit the long candle in the middle of the table.

"Thank you." I whispered as he sat down. "You deserve it babe." He replied leaning over and lightly kissing my lips.

Authors Note :

Its short I know please don't kill me They changed my schedule at work and I'm working early eight hour shifts. Then I come home and babysit. And I'm planning a babyshower for my sister in law. So I'm exhausted. I know I promised a long chapter so I'm sorry! The next one will be I swear!

- Mari

P.S. Yes Ariana is very forgiving and naive. Yeah she has a laughing problem. And no she will not be changing. That's the way she came out. And that's the way she's staying. So please stop with the messages ✌ You can criticize but don't be rude, please.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

949K 24.3K 24
⚠️ WARNING ⚠️ I was really inexperienced when I wrote this and quite dramatic. I understand that this book may not be everyone's favorite (even I cri...
8.8M 246K 53
Arrabella Middletin hasn't spoken a word since she was eight years old. The only thing she shares her thoughts with is her diary. She lives with her...
11.3M 330K 54
Haven was an alphas daughter. Although she thought she was just an ordinary girl, her father always told her she was destined for greatness. When ne...
3.1K 118 19
(EDITING PLEASE RE-READ!) Isabella Adrienne has just turned 18 and must now find her true mate. In a world where being marked by anyone but your true...