Taken

By _Just_Nikki_

Amberlynn Grace has been best friends with Niall Horan since she was 5 years old. When she was 15, Niall left... More

Taken
Introduction
Chapter 1: Graduation
Chapter 2: Dinner, A Party, and a Reunion
Chapter 3: Packing Up and Moving Out
Chapter 4: Plane Ride
Chapter 5: Welcome Home
Chapter 6: Full of Surprises
Chapter 7: Five Best Friends
Chapter 8: Amusement Parks and Wave Pools
Chapter 9: Sweet Revenge
Chapter 10: Something's Different
Chapter 11: Tours, Tigers, and Dares, Oh My!
Chapter 12: Off With The Leg Hair
Chapter 13: I Wish That Was Me
Chapter 14: You Found Me
Chapter 15: Party Time
Chapter 16: You Again
Chapter 17: Let Me Love You
Chapter 18: Not How Expected
Chapter 19: Can We Work it Out
Chapter 20: A Promise I'll Keep
Chapter 21: This Changes Everything
Chapter 23: The Truth Comes Out
Chapter 24: Leave it All Behind
Chapter 25: I'm Gonna Make You Mine
Epilogue
Acknowledgements
BIG ANNOUNCEMENT
Sequel

Chapter 22: Nothing I Do Better

125K 1.6K 467
By _Just_Nikki_

"What is wrong with you, Louis? What did she do to you?" I heard Niall scream. There was a silence, and then more yelling. "You made her cry! It takes a lot to make her cry! You either piss her off really bad, or you make her really sad. Do you know how long she cried last night? How does that make you feel, knowing you made that happen?"

I sat up in the bed, and looked around. I was still in Niall's room, the covers on his bed tangled around my feet.

"Didn't mean to?!" Niall roared. "I'm going to kill you!" My eyes widened. I jumped out of the bed, tripping over the cover when I tried taking off towards the door. I fell down, catching myself with my hands. I shook the cover loose from my legs, and stood up. I opened the door, and then ran out into the living room.

I got there just in time to see an angry Niall knock Louis to the ground.

"Niall, get off him!" Liam shouted. "Louis, don't hit him! Break it up, you two!" Liam, Harry, and Zayn went after them, trying to pull them apart. They kept rolling around on the ground. "Niall! Louis! Stop before you hurt each other!" The two of them were pulled away from each other, and brought to their feet.

Heavy panting emanating from Louis and Niall filled the room as Harry and Liam held Louis back, and Zayn had a hold of Niall. He shoved at Zayn, hard, causing him to fall backwards over the chair, and went after Louis. Harry jerked Louis around, but Niall still managed to attack him. Harry was trying to pull Louis away, and Liam was trying to wedge himself in between Niall and Lou.

"Niall!" I shouted, rushing forward. I wrapped my arms around his waist, and tugged trying to pull him away. "Niall, let go of him. Please." As if they were just now noticing me, the fighting stopped, and everyone stared at me. Niall dropped his arms, and allowed me to pull him away. I looked at him, assessing the damage. The only noticeable mark was a bright red splotch on his jaw. He continued to stare at me, and I turned around.

The others were staring at me, too, all frozen in the same positions they were in when I first spoke. They looked at me like I was a porcelain doll, like at any minute I could break. I wouldn't. I wasn't as upset anymore. Yeah, I was upset, but not as much as last night.

No one spoke. They just continued staring at me. Louis, especially, was studying my face.

"Can I talk to you for a second?" He asked. "Alone." Louis looked around at the boys. They nodded, and left the room wordlessly. All except Niall who moved up next to me, and wrapped his arm protectively around my waist. "Just the two of us." Louis said, eyeing Niall.

"I'll be okay, Ni. Go on. I won't be long." I said as I looked up at him. He looked down at me solemnly, before shooting Louis a glare, and walking out.

"Amberlynn, I am so sorry. I never wanted to hurt you. I care for you. A lot. Hurting you was my last intention. We got together because I thought that I could show you that you could love someone other than Niall. I thought that your feelings for Niall would weaken, and go away, but they only got stronger. I could tell, because when you kissed me, it was like you didn't want to be there. You were wishing I was him, weren't you?" I nodded slowly.

"Exactly. I didn't break up with you to hurt you or to upset you, and I didn't break up with you because I don't care about you, because I do. That's why I broke up with you. Because I do care about you, and I want you to be happy."

"I was happy with you." I said. He smiled sadly.

"I know, but you'd be happier with Niall."

"He has a girlfriend, and even if he didn't, I'm his best friend. He would never go for me."

"How do you know he wouldn't? You and I became best friends. Not as close as you and Niall of course, but close enough. I like you, so what does being best friends have to do with it?"

"Okay, so maybe it wouldn't matter, but what about the walking pepto-bismol bottle?"

"Tess is irrelevant. I don't think they'll last much longer." He said as he walked over to the couch, and sat down. I followed, and sat down beside him, one leg tucked under me, and the other resting on the floor, as I faced him.

"What do you mean?" I asked, confused, yet eager. The corner of Lou's mouth twitched up into a smile, and he turned his head to look at me. The other side of his lips were curved upwards, too, a full smile stretched across his face. It abruptly faded as a new expression passed over his features.

"Do you remember the night you and Niall made up?" I nodded. How could I forget? I got my best friend back, and then got slapped in the face by she-devil. "Well, after she, you know, and brought Niall back from their little drive, I followed her into the hallway to tell her she needed to back off, and leave you alone. She asked me why i was with you, and I told her it was because I liked you, to which she responded that I deserved someone better, someone who would actually like me. Then she shoved me up against a wall, and kissed me." My mouth dropped open, and I gasped loudly.

"SHE WHAT?!" I yelled.

"SHHH!" Louis hissed, jumping forward, and covering my with with his hand. We stayed silent, not even breathing, as we listened for any signs that the boys had heard. There was nothing but silence. I poked my tongue through lips, and licked Louis' hand. He jerked back, making a noise of disgust and strong disapproval.

"EUGH!" He wiped his hand on the shoulder of my shirt. I smirked. "That's gross, and you have no idea where my hand has been."

"You have no idea where my tongue has been." His eyes widened in horror.

"EWWW!" He exclaimed, making a face, and flapping his hand around. "I don't even want to know." He said. I rolled my eyes at how dramatic he was being.

"Back to the story, please." I said.

"Sure. Where was I? Oh, right! So, she pushed me up against the wall, and kissed me. Of course I had a girlfriend, and she's dating my best friend, not to mention she just disgusts me, so I pushed her off, and when I told her that, she said she didn't care. Then I told her I was going to tell you and Nial, and she said that Niall wouldn't believe me, and that if I wanted to keep you safe, I wouldn't tell you either." He stopped talking, a hint of finality in his voice, so I knew he was done talking. I snorted, and started laughing.

"What would she do to me? I'm a black belt! I could break her arm with my bare hands. We need to do something."

"You said you wouldn't touch her while she was dating Niall." Louis reminded.

"I said I wouldn't touch her while she was dating Niall unless she did something to hurt him, and she did. He just doesn't know it. Yet. I will hurt her, but I want to humiliate her, and nothing will do that more than Niall breaking up with her. I've got a plan." I said. "But first, I have to get dressed, and take Niall tog et something to eat. This way he doesn't have to get in Tess' pepto-bismobile." I said. Louis laughed as I stood up.

"Wait!" Louis called as I started to walk away from him. I looked over my shoulder at him. "Are we okay?" An expression of hope settled on his face. I smiled.

"Yeah." I said. "We're okay." Louis smiled back, and I walked away.

* * * * *  * * *

"That's really good." Liam said, sitting down beside me. I looked up from my guitar and smiled at him.

"Thanks. I could be better. I haven't been playing for very long. I just find random songs and learn to play them. I know about every Taylor Swift song." I said. "I think my singing is way better than my guitar playing." Liam shook his head.

"Both are amazing. You should really play that at our next concert." My eyes widened, and I shook my head.

"Oh, no. Absolutely not. I don't sing in front of people. Besides, the fans came there to see you guys. Not me."

"You haven't seen it yet, have you?" He asked.

"Seen what?" Liam got off the couch, and walked towards the doorway, disappearing from the room. He came back not long after, carrying laptop. He took his place next to me on the couch, and opened up his laptop. He clicked is mouse, waited a few seconds, typed something, waited  few more seconds, clicked his mouse, typed something, waited, and clicked his mouse again before handing me his computer.

I looked at the screen. It was open to a video on youtube. The title of the video said 'What Makes You Beautiful- Niall and Amberlynn.' Confused as to how anyone would have gotten that, I searched for the uploader's username, and found that it had been uploaded to the boys' joint account.

The sound of me singing blared from the little speakers on Liam's laptop. I scrolled down the page to the description of the video.

I thought this was the sweetest thing ever! Best friend time! :) Anyways, Amberlynn doesn't believe she can sing. , and the rest of the boys, beg to differ. What do you guys think? By the way, please don't show her this. She'll kill me if she finds out. xx -Louis.

"Can you hold this for a second, Liam?" I asked sweetly, and sat his computer back on his lap. "Louis!" I shouted, gong towards his room.. Liam jumped up, and grabbed my arm.

"Amberlynn."

"I'm gonna kill him."

"Oh, don't kill the poor lad. He just wanted to prove to you that yo could sing. Besides, he's not here."

"Okay, fine. I won't kill him. I'll hurt him. Later." Liam sat back down, and tugged on my arm. I sat down, and he handed his laptop back o me.

"Read the comments." He instructed. I did as he told me. I read through pages and pages of people's comments. Most of them were nice, telling me how pretty, and how good of a singer I was. There were some rude ones, saying I was ugly, and culd't sing, and that I didn't deserve Niall.

I only rolled my eye at them. Hate doesn't phase me. The only thing it does is show how jealous and immature people are.

"See?" Liam asked. "You can sing. You should really sing that song at our next concert. Our fans love you."

"Okay. Say I wanted to. I still couldn't. It wouldn't sound right with just me and a guitar."

"The band can learn it. There's a few days before our next show. We have time I'll call them." He picked his phone up off the end table. I kind of tuned out, and kept reading the comments. "Harry!" Liam shouted, causing me to zone back in.

"Yeah?" He yelled from down the hallway.

"Come on. I need you to drive me and Amber somewhere."

"Okay. Let me get my shoes." He yelled back, and about thirty seconds later, the cheeky, green eyed, curly haired boy walked into the room, shoes in one hand, and keys in the other. He sat down on the couch, and slid his shoes onto his feet.

"What's going on?" Zayn asked, walking into the room as we stood.

"We're going to a rehearsal." Liam said as Harry shrugged.

"Oh. Well, shouldn't we wait on Niall and Lou?"

"Nope. This isn't our rehearsal. It's Amber's."

"I wanna come! Can I come? I don't want to stay here by myself." Niall had reluctantly gone out with she-devil.

"Okay. Come on."

* * * * * * * * *

"Amber!" Niall yelled, banging on the bathroom door. "Are you ready to go yet? You're gonna miss the concert!"

"Just a second!" I called back. I straightened the last strand of my hair, before running the brush through it, and unplugging the straightener. I fixed my black hollister shirt, and tucked the pockets into my cut off denim shorts. I had a air of black low rise converse on my feet.

"Amber! Come on!"

"I'm coming!" I sad as  yanked open the door, revealing my best friend. He stared at me, and then smiled.

"About time." He said, and took my hand. We rushed outside to the van everyone else was already waiting in. I apologized to them as Niall climbed in, dragging me behind him. The drive to the venue wasn't very long, but we weren't taking a Sunday drive either. The boys were actually pressing for time., and when we parked, and went through the doors that led into the backstage area, they were rushed away to wardrobe.

"Well, what about Amberlynn?" Zayn was saying to their stylist when he came back into the room I was in.

"We don't have any girl clothes." She said as Zayn sat down next to me on the couch.

"Oh, that's fine. I'm totally okay with what I'm wearing." She smiled before disappearing back through the door they had just came out of. A few minutes later, Liam walked in.

"Are you ready?" He asked.

"Is it that time already?" I asked, shocked. How could time go by so fast? Liam nodded.

"Are you nervous?" I nodded slowly, beginning to question what I was thinking when I agreed to this. It was too late to back out now. "You'll do fine. I promise. Just take a deep breath." I did as told, and pulled in a shaky breath, closing my eyes, and releasing it slowly from my nose.

I opened my eyes to see all five members of One Direction standing in front of me, smiling encouragingly at me.

"You'll do great, love." Harry said. The others each gave me words of encouragement. Niall held his hand out to me. I took it, and he pulled me from the couch. We walked to the stage entrance, I pushed back the curtain, and looked out at the crowd. I wallowed loudly, and turned around.

"Knock 'em dead, Amber." Niall said as he handed me my guitar. I smiled, and walked on stage. The crowd's already loud cheers, got even more deafening.

"Hey, guys! I'm Amberlynn! I'm gonna do  song for you before the boys come out. Now, I'm kinda new at this." I said as I fixed my strap around my neck. "This is my first concert, so go easy on me.

Now go stand in the corner and think about what you did. I sad, and the music started. Time for a little revenge. The story starts when it was hot and it was summer and, I had it all. I had him right there where I wanted him...

I found Tess in the front row, and locked my eyes on hers.

She's not a saint, and she's not what you think she's an actress! WOAH! She's better known for the things that she does on the mattress. WOAH! Soon she's gonna find stealing other people's toys on the playground won't make her many friends. She should keep in mind, she should keep in mind, there is nothing I do better than revenge.

I stared at ger the whole time, warning her with my eyes. She only glared. When I was done, I waved to the crowd, and ran backstage, There was enough time for Niall to smile at me before they had to go perform.

* * * * * * * * *

"Are you coming to the party with us?" Niall asked after the concert, breathless and sweaty. "We'll have to shower first obviously."

"Sure!" He smiled, and went to grab a water. "Hey, Louis." I said, grabbing his arm and pulling him away from the others. "I'm ready to tell you my plan." He grinned.

"Okay."

"We're gonna need Harry."

Oh, Lord. The ending sentence gets me every time, and I love the beginning. This chapter is sort of just a filler, but it is a MAJOR filler. Just to clarify, AGAIN Amberlynn DID like Louis, but she LOVES Niall. That's why she cried when he broke up with her. Tess kissing Louis had NOTHING to do with Louis breaking up with Amber, but it is a major part of the book. Anyways, I hope you liked it! Remember, I'm in the watty's, and need every vote and comment I can get! Tell your friends!! And please, a girl threatened to delete my book from her library if I didn't update. I update EVERY weekend because it's the only time I have to write, so please be patient with me okay. School is more important.  Anyways, I love you all! And I hope you enjoyed!!

Oh! And credit goes to Danyalli96 for the pepto-bismobile thing. Thanks!! :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 73 42
Catherine has a difficult time with relationships; none have worked out because the guys were either dared to ask her out or they cheated on her. Whe...
2.1K 122 41
Stephanie's life hasn't always been easy. When she was only 8 years old, she had to move from her town of Holmes Chapel, England to the state of Wisc...
11.2K 208 36
A little 4 years old girl named Mia Witmore moved to Mullingar. A little 6 years old boy named Niall Horan was her new neighbor. Years after years M...
15.4K 796 43
*disclaimer: I wrote this when I was probably 12 or 13, the writing might seem a bit choppy* Madelyn Mckenzie spent her teenage years getting bullied...