Centuries| Jensoo AU

By Adeptarmy11

Jennie and Jisoo vow to love eachother for centuries to come. More

Characters.
Part One: Return of the General.
Part Three: Eternal Love.
Part Four: East meets West.
Part Five: The Fall.
Prologue: The Rise.
Part 1: Second Time Around.
Part 2: Delusion.
Part 3: Jichu.
Part 4: Crash Into Me.
Part 5: Make Me Believe.
Part 6: Save Me.
Part 7: Tease me.
Part 8: Hard To Get.
Part 9: Get You The Moon.
Part 10: Wild Thoughts.
Part 11: A Little Jealous?
Part 12: You Like Me.

Part Two: Troubles from the East.

5.2K 265 186
By Adeptarmy11

Late evening in the palace, Chaeyoung busied herself with her nightly routine. She prepared herself for bed, removing her hanbok leaving her in just her cloth. Pulling the silver clip from her bun her brown tresses fall freely down her back.

The sound of her door sliding closed startles her. Turning around she screams, covering her chest, as her other hand throws her clip defensively at the intruder.

Lisa catches the clip and chuckles at her.

"Yah! Lalisa!" Chaeyoung shouts still covering herself. "What do you think you're doing?!"

"Yah Park Chaeyoung." Lisa smiles holding her clip up. "You should not throw things of high value." She raises a teasing brow.

"You startled me." Chaeyoung says. "What are you doing here anyway? Soldiers are not to be in these chambers."

"General Kim is with the Empress. I won't get caught." Lisa grins. Her eyes fall down to Chaeyoung's chest.

"Yah!" Chaeyoung grabs her hair brush to throw at her.

"What!" Lisa laughs dodging it.

"Stop staring! Turn around." Chaeyoung demands.

"Aish," Lisa smiles turning around, making a show of covering her eyes. "There. I can't see anything."

Chaeyoung changes into appropriate sleeping attire, quickly covering herself up. She was embarrassed. Lisa had never seen her like that before.

"Done yet?" Lisa asks.

"Yes." Chaeyoung says.

Lisa turns around with a knowing grin. "We both know I would've seen it sooner or later." She smirks. "Besides, I'm a soldier back from war. I should be rewarded with such sights." She says slowly walking over to Chaeyoung.

"Hm. I guess what they say is true." Chaeyoung hums once Lisa is in front of her.

"And what's that?"

"Soldiers are nothing but horndogs." Chaeyoung pushes her on the forehead.

Lisa laughs. "Why must you always play hard to get, my darling?"

"Because I enjoy watching you suffer." Chaeyoung smiles sweetly.

"Aish come on, this may be our only opportunity to be alone. We must cherish it." Lisa says taking her hand and pulling her close. "You never end up staying away anyways." She smiles pressing their foreheads together.

Chaeyoung's hand comes up to cup Lisa's cheek. "Must you always be so charming?"

Lisa shrugs her shoulders lightly. "Did you miss me?"

"More than I can possibly say." Chaeyoung nods subtly biting her bottom lip. "My job here at the palace was much more lonesome."

"I thought about you everyday." Lisa's hands fall to her hips. "Not being able to see your face was torture."

"I prayed for your safe return." Chaeyoung whispers. "The wait was nearly unbearable."

"Let me stay the night. I want to be with you."

"But what about the General?"

"I will return to my quarters before sunrise." Lisa says. "Please Chaeyoung..."

Chaeyoung debates for only a mere second before whispering out an "okay."

Lisa gently kisses her forehead. "Thank you my angel."

"We are not to fraternize with one another. Tomorrow morning I will be heading down to the river to launder. I cannot have any suspicious markings on my body." Chaeyoung says laying down onto the bed.

"Aish fine,"Lisa sighs playfully. "My lips will remain tamed for the night." She lies next to Chaeyoung, pulling her close. "I have missed being close to you."

"I'm happy to know that there are no mistresses in your life." Chaeyoung says. Her finger drew mindless patterns against Lisa's arm rested around her waist.

"I have no need for them when I have you." Lisa kisses her shoulder. "Though that one seemstress is quite cute." She teases earning a playful slap from Chaeyoung. "I'm kidding." She laughs. "You are the only one for me Park Chaeyoung."

•••

Early morning came all to quickly for Jennie. She was awoken by the sound of the gate being burst open causing Jisoo to jerk awake beside her. Before Jennie could even blink, Jisoo was dressing herself, grabbing her sword and headed out the door.

Jennie followed as quickly as she could. "What is the meaning of this?" She demands.

A man in messenger attire sat upon a horse in front of the gate. Jisoo drew her sword threateningly as the gaurds drew in to surround the intruder. "Who are you?" She demands sternly keeping Jennie behind her.

"I come with a message from The East." The messenger presents a scroll.

Jisoo takes it from him and opens it up, letting Jennie read from over her shoulder.

"The Prince requests a formal meeting."

"The empress will meet with her councilmen before making a final decision. Our official reply will be returned by a messenger of our own." Jisoo says.

The messenger gives her a nod in agreement before pulling his horse and riding away.

"Guards, return to your post." Jisoo instructs. "The empress will be escorted to her chambers." She places a hand on Jennie's back.

"What could this mean Jisoo?" Jennie asks worriedly.

"As of right now I am unsure. We must revisit our options for combating the East. The best stratigical positions may be compromised up in the valley now that the snow has dissapated."

"Whatever the reason we must avoid war at all costs." Jennie clutches her arm. "We cannot solve this with violence. The empire will suffer great losses."

"Fine." Jisoo clenches her jaw. "But I wish not to see you marry to him. For I would rather die than to see you with someone else." She places a hand on Jennie's cheek.

Jennie holds it in place, pressing her lips to the inside of Jisoo's palm. "I have already given myself to you. There will be no one else." She assures.

Jisoo gives her a small smile. "Come. We must discuss this matter quickly."

•••

Chaeyoung busied herself pouring tea for the councilmen along with the other servants. Jennie sat in formal empress attire on her thrown for the official meeting. Jisoo was sitting to her right in her own traditional attire with Lisa beside her.

"Gentlmen," Jennie adresses. "It has come to my attention that we have unfinished business with the East. The Prince has enstated an official request for a personal meeting with me."

"What could this possibly be about?" Baekhyun asks.

"Power. It has always been about Power. The Prince wishes to merge empires to form one large one."

"We cannot. Their economy is poor. The people suffer. We will be taken down with them." Junmyeon says.

"Our war against the East has raged on for far too long. Surely there is a solution." Chanyeol inputs.

"If we rage battle against them we stand a  fighting chance. Do we not Empress?" Yixing asks.

"You are correct Councilmen. With our treaties signed by the West Kingdoms we have strong allies in our favour." Jennie informs.

"Then we attack while we can. The General's men are strong. Surely they can endure the journey." Kyungsoo says.

"No." Jennie says sternly making them confused.

"But Empress—"

With the single movement of her hand she silences him.

"We are not to solve this dispute with War. If we rage war against the East the whole country shall suffer losses. Violence is not the answer." Jennie says.

"Then what shall we propose?" Sehun asks.

"A Marriage." Jongin says.

"The empress does not wish to marry." Jisoo pipes in.

"It's the only way to merge the empires with peace." Jongin insists.

"Find another way." Jisoo says through clenched teeth.

"With all do respect General, we have no other options. Do you propose another solution?"

Jisoo opens her mouth to speak but Jennie interrupts her knowing it would only end in dispute between the two.

"Stop. The general is right. I wish not to marry. I have not yet reached my full capabilities to run this empire and I fully intend to do so before I share my power with anyone else." Jennie says. "In favour of the State I will do all I can to protect us from the East."

"If you cannot marry him, then how about an offering?" Tao suggests.

"An offering?" Jennie's brow furrow.

"Offer him a suitor! Or our finest servants!"

Chaeyoung's eyes flicker nervously to meet Lisa's. She felt obligated to volunteer being one of Jennie's longest serving subjects. It would be her duty and honour to help her Kingdom.

Lisa clenches her jaw and subtly shakes her head. Begging her not to do it.

"What about Park Chaeyoung?"

The mention of her name draws her attention. One of the councilmen had suggested her.

"She is our best servant, and the most beautiful." Luhan motions to the sitting girl.

Jennie eyes her for a brief moment before looking to Lisa to see the soldiers reaction. She looked worried, but she kept her mouth shut knowing better than to speak out without permission. Doing so would mean harsh punishments for the soldier.

Chaeyoung surprises her by standing up. "Your majesty. I am your loyal servant. I will full fill any task given by you with integrity. It is my honour and duty to serve you. If that is your order I shall fall to your command." She says while avoiding eye contact with Lisa.

"Then the problem is solved!" Luhan says cheerily.

"No!" Lisa interjects standing up from her seat.

"Lisa—" Jisoo tries to stop her.

"No. We cannot have Chaeyoung as a suitor." Lisa says wearily.

"Soldier. I recommend you take your seat and keep your mouth shut. This doesn't concern you." Tao says sternly. "General, control your men."

Jisoo grabs her arm and gives her a silent tug as a warning. "Lisa.."

"I'm sorry General but I cannot allow this." Lisa says adamantly.

"Soldier, take your seat!" Tao shouts enraged by her defiance. "You will be subjected to punishment at sunset. You are dismissed!"

"Wait." Jennie raises her arm to stop anyone from leaving. They all quiet down and turn their attention back to her. "I have come to a conclusion."

Everyone takes their seats once again as they listen attentively.

"We will deny all requests made by the Prince of the East. This will infuriate him no doubt but knowing his ego he will take it upon himself to journey to our Kingdom instead. This will make him less of a threat to us. I cannot have Park Chaeyoung as a replacement suitor. He will only want royalty in his bloodline. Besides, Chaeyoung is our finest servant and she has proven to be loyal to me. She shall be rewarded for her sacrifices. As for you Soldier," she adresses Lisa. "Councilmen Tao is correct. You are only to speak when spoken to. You will be punished at sunset as stated." She says making the younger girl lower head in shame for dissapointing the empress. "However, I admire your integrity and courage. This Kingdom thanks you for your service. I would like to invite you for a personal meeting with me over dinner this evening."

"Yes, your highness." Lisa does a full bow in appreciation.

"When the Prince of the East gets word of our refusal he will come. I am sure of it. Be prepared to make negotiations. You are all dismissed." Jennie says.

•••

After the meeting Jisoo didn't see where Jennie went off to. She suspects the younger girl was upset with herself. She often got that way after making a decision concerning the good of the kingdom. There was always apart of her that didn't feel good enough to be in her position, even when she was doing well.

Jennie knew it was impossible to please everyone but that's what she always strived to do.

Just as she suspected Jisoo gound Jennie sitting under the cherry blossom trees by herself.

Their was an old seemstress that lived in the quarters next to the blossoming trees. She was no longer working after Jennie relieved her of her duties, she was just much too old. But Jennie liked her so she kept her around. Now the old seemstress played her guzheng all day, making the most beautiful music that could only be heard by the cherry blossom trees.

It always relieved Jennie of her stress to sit and listen to the magical melodies the old seemstress played.

Jisoo silently walked over and sat next to her on the small white bench. Although she did not enjoy the cherry blossoms as much as others she endured it to be with Jennie.

The young empress moved closer to her side and rested her head upon Jisoo's shoulder with a sigh.

"You did well." Jisoo says.

"The problem has not yet been solved." Jennie replies.

"Delaying it will buy us time to think of a better solution." Jisoo encourages. "You were right about the Prince. In his own pursuit he will come to us. Anything is better than having you behind enemy lines."

"I feel as though I'll be backstabbed." Jennie admits. "The Prince will not give in easy. He will try to kill me first. An empire without power will seek one."

"Why are you so sure it will be one of our own?" Jisoo asks.

"Despite how close we are, our kingdom is individualistic. Everyone will do what is in their own best interest. No matter how well we treat them. Their loyalty is a game that can be switched without thought. I can trust little to no one."

"Jennie.." Jisoo turns to her. "I will not let anyone harm you. I will protect you till my final breath even if it means sacrificing myself."

"For me, Losing you will be the equivalent of dying. So please promise to never leave this earth without me. If you go, take me with you." Jennie begs clutching her arms.

"Do not speak such sad words my darling." Jisoo brushes her tears away with the stroke of her thumb.

"I wish to runaway with you and live a happier life."

"Our day will come." Jisoo smiles in reassurance. "I will find you again. We will live a happy life together. We are meant to struggle in this life to be rewarded with a better one."

"How can you be so sure?" Jennie looks up into her eyes.

"If life goes on just the way you want it to be, it must be a dream."

•••

By sundown, Jennie was busying herself with official matters. She signed the scroll stating that she refused to meet the demands of the Prince based off of his terms.

As for Jisoo, she was in the courtyard with all of her soldiers who had accompanied her on her last conquest.

Haruto was instructed to tie Lisa's hands together and then to the pole. She was to take the punishment given to her by the Councilmen.

The soldiers had to watch as a means of warning. If they were to speak out against an official they were to be punished.

Chaeyoung stood in the doorway with a broom in hand, pretending to be busy. Her sad brown eyes were distracted as she watch Lisa hang her head low. She couldn't help but feel guilty. Though her heart ached for Lisa knowing that the younger girl had done it for her.

Jisoo clenched her jaw as the whip was handed to her. The leather cool against her palm as the guilt set heavy in her heart. As General, it was her job to punish her own soldiers. She wishes she did not have to do this to Lisa but there was no other option. A punishment was punishment. At least if it was her she can make sure she doesn't hit too hard.

She had grown fond of her best Soldier. She wishes there could be another way. The best she could do was make it quick and over fast. The less suffering the better.

Jisoo clears her throat gaining the attention of her soldiers. "Gentlemen. As soldiers you are not to speak out against officialls unless personally adressed by them. Failure to do so will result in punishment. Observe." She motions to Lisa on her knees and tied to the post. The skin of her back exposed as she waited for the inevitable. "20 Whippings will be given to Lisa as Punishment for speaking without permission to Councilmen Z. Huang Tao. Please count outloud for your fellow soldier." She instructs.

The sound of the whip coming down snaps down with Jisoo's arm. The leather slices the soft skin of Lisa's skin making the soldier jerk and groan in pain.

"ONE!" The soldiers count.

Again the sting burns itself into her back. Her hands clutch desperately onto the ropes in poor effort to ease the pain. The tears that fall down her cheeks are helpless.

"AAH!" Lisa squirms away. Her face pressing into the wood of the post.

"TWO!"

Over time her blood stains the brown leather of the whip and Jisoo has to start closing her eyes before seeing it make contact with Lisa's back.

Once she is finished Lisa is no longer making noise. She can see her breathing heavily, the blood running out of her open wounds, as she remained hunched over.

Swallowing thickly Jisoo silently set aside the whip before walking over to her. Using her knife she cuts the rope from Lisa's hands, bending down to her level. She cups Lisa's face and observes her.

The younger girl looked up at her with hooded tired eyes.

"You did good." Jisoo whispers to her. Standing up once again she adresses her men. "Assist your comrade back to her quarters." She instructs them.

They immediately rush to Lisa's side, carefully helping the young girl up. They carry her back to her room and lie her on her stomach.

Chaeyoung is the first one to meet them there. She shoos the men away leaving her and Lisa to be alone.

"Here, drink this." She holds a small bowl of water to Lisa's lips.

The beaten girl takes small sips before laying her head back down. Using a cooling cloth Chaeyoung dabs over the girls forehead making her eyes fall closed at the sensation.

Moving to sit on the edge of the bed she uses another cloth from her bowl of warm water. Wringing it out She gently dabs it onto Lisa's skin to clean the blood off.

Lisa hisses, her hands clutching onto the side of her pillow. Chaeyoung's eyes well up with tears seeing her in so much pain.

"I'm sorry, but I must clean it before you get ill."

Lisa silently nods against her pillow letting Chaeyoung gently clean her tender skin. She does so in silence. Her soft touch helping to melt her pain away.

"I'm sorry..." Lisa whispers having gained a little more energy.

"What could you possibly be sorry for."

"I'm sorry you have to see me like this..."

Chaeyoung's hand stills against her back. "Please don't say things like that." She says quietly.

"I couldn't lose you."

"It is my duty to serve the Empress to the best of my ability."

"In that moment I was not thinking about what was best for the Kingdom."

"You have to understand."

"I understand." Lisa says. "That does not mean I like it."

"You've sacrificed your honour to the empress. I cannot have you doing such things for me."

"When will you accept that I will do anything for you?"

"I do not want it on your conscience to do so." Chaeyoung says.

"I love you Park Chaeyoung." Lisa says pushing herself to sit up despite the unbearable pain. "I would make any sacrifice for you."

"Why? Why me?" Chaeyoung cries. Not because she was ungrateful but because it all seemed unfair.

Lisa was willing to give her her all and yet she could not find it in her power to do the same. The worst part was that Lisa knew this, but despite it she endured it just to be with Chaeyoung.

Lisa hugs her, bringing a hand up to the back of Chaeyoung's head as the older gorl cried into the crook of her neck.

"You deserve better." Chaeyoung says.

"I don't want better." Lisa whispers kisssing the top of her head. "I want you."

•••

Chaeyoung fell asleep in her arms before dinner time. Lisa covered her up in a blanket and kissed her forehead before leaving her. She walked to the Empresse's quarters and knocked on the door.

"Lisa? You're here sooner than anticipated. I'll summon Chaeyoung to prepare dinner." Jennie opens the door surprised.

"No, please, do not bother her." Lisa says. "Pardon me your majesty," she offers an apoligetic bow. "Park Chaeyoung has fallen asleep by accident. I will prepare dinner myself if it means not disturbing her."

"Nonsense." Jennie gives her a small smile. "There are other servants just as capable. Please, come in." She motions.

Lisa sits on the cushion across the table from Jennie's, nervously awaiting instruction.

"How are you feeling?" Jennie asks.

"Better, your majesty." Lisa nods. "I apologize for my behaviour once again."

"Your apologies are accepted." Jennie says pouring them two cups of tea.

"What is it that you needed to discuss with me?" Lisa asks curiously.

"Do you know where Park Chaeyoung is resting at the moment?" Jennie asks ignoring her question.

"Um in her quarters your majesty." Lisa looks down at her lap nervously.

Jennie lets out a small laugh of disbelief. "Honesty is the greatest virtue Lisa."

"She is asleep in my quarters your majesty." Lisa lowers her head.

"May I ask why?"

"She was tending to me." Lisa admits.

Before Jennie can say anything else dinner is being served to them. So many options are given Lisa can't help but gape at all the food.

Jennie chuckles. "Please, dig in. You need your strength."

"Thank you your highness." Lisa rushes out before doing as told.

"I am sorry that your punishment was given so harshly." Jennie says.

"There is no need for apologies your highness. Jisoo-ssi is someone I look up to. She was full filling her duty just as I was to full fill mine. I failed to treat your councilmen with respect. I acknowledge my mistakes." Lisa says.

"You impress me." Jennie eyes her.

"Thank you your majesty." Lisa gives her a small bow.

"I can see why Park Chaeyoung is in love with you."

Lisa chokes and starts coughing rapidly. Jennie smiles in amusement.

"What?" Lisa chokes out.

"I am many things but Blind is not one of them." Jennie smiles.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Lisa shakes her head.

"I am not fooled easily Lisa. I've been observing the two of you for a long time."

"If you've known for so long, how come you never bothered to stop it?" Lisa asks curiously. "Our relationship is forbidden."

"Who am I to stand in the way of love?" Jennie says.

"The Empress. You can do anything." Lisa says innocently.

Jennie can't help but laugh. "Tell me this Lisa. If I were to forbid you from ever seeing Park Chaeyoung again would you listen?"

"No." Lisa admits seeing her point.

"Exactly. So why waste the effort." Jennie shrugs. "If two lovers are true to one another they will let nothing stand in the way of them. Not even death can do them apart as they will once again find eachother in a new life."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10K 450 10
Wherein every 23rd of month, Jennie writes something about Lisa on her diary. [JENLISA]
402K 13.7K 28
in which a girl falls in love with an angel she doesn't deserve. chaelisa au. minor jensoo. started: june 28, 2018 ended: january...
213K 8.3K 26
DOCTOR AU • Love Triangle (Nayeon, Jennie, Jisoo) • Top Soo • Chaelisa • BTS • EXO I can't come up with a good summary right now.
704K 17.7K 51
(COMPLETED) [1st Book to Publish] Jennie and Lisa for their own Perfect Love Story [ Ranked Number 1 in Jisoo, Jennie, Chaeyoung, Lisamanoban 10/18/1...