ILLUSION ▶︎ Kylo Ren {1}

By fandomstate

{COMPLETED} (Under Editing) "I cannot direct you to one side or the other but I can guide you through your ch... More

CAST + DISCLAIMER
PROLOGUE
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
SEQUEL

CHAPTER TWO

4.5K 158 5
By fandomstate

Chapter Two

Sol pulled her VCX-100 out of hyperspace. It rattled and groaned, the old engines whining in protest.

"Oh, quiet you." Sol mused as she flipped a switch, cooling off the ship's systems. Below her, the waters of Ahch-To shimmered and glinted like silk in the sun.

"Where are you, Luke?" She muttered.

Using the steering handles, Sol brought the ship as close to the water as she could to be able to see the surrounding islands.

The young Gray Jedi had tried to contact her former Jedi Master many times with the force but had come to a dead end each time, leaving her disappointed but not entirely surprised.

After a couple of years, Sol assumed him to be dead. Kylo's news of her old master's survival had left Sol with a pit in her stomach. Unease writhing like a snake.

A part of her was thrilled that he was alive. She could possibly finish her training that had been left in the dust and ashes of his now-ruined temple.

The other was guilt. Guilt that she had left him, that she had left her fellow padawans to Ben's explosive wrath.

Sure, she had spent years looking for him. But she also wasn't able to help him when needed her. How would he take it? Would Luke shun her too, call her a coward as Ben did? Would he shout at her as he did in her dreams?

Then there was a disappointment that clawed at her heart every hour of every waking day. The darkness found its way into the corners of her mind, unable to be washed away with meditation.

Sol hadn't been able to help him or Ben. She hadn't seen what would happen and there was no way she could have stopped it.

Not only was she disappointed in herself but also in Luke. Sol had thought he would reach out to her and anyone else who had survived the burning of his temple and his reputation, but instead, he ran and hid.

Sol wanted to call him a coward for running but the old master had good reason to and she hadn't done all that differently. The young Padawan Ben Solo had destroyed the temple and slaughtered his fellow Padawans, some of whom had been friends with him. Some who had loved him. Her negligence and blindness to the truth had forced her to watch them burn.

It had broken Sol's heart as she watched her fellow Padawans get slaughtered right in front of her by the wildfire that was Kylo Ren. She had tried to stop him, tried to speak reason into him but the wound was so fresh in his mind that no words could get to him.

After the tragedy, Sol felt her bond with the former Ben Solo strengthen. She remembered being confused and hurt as to why the force wanted her to connect to the newly appointed Sith Lord. After all, he had become a beacon for destruction and hate, and Sol was trying so hard not to stumble into the darkness after him.

Kylo Ren had noticed the change to, a rope tied between them. So he reached out, trying to sway a shattering Sol to his side. Though for him, Sol had been far less interested in joining him than he thought. The former Jedi retreated from society, imploding on herself. The claws of the dark side had sunken deep into her skin, though the light of hope had only gotten brighter. She knew if she followed her former friend there was no going back for either of them and she couldn't let that fate befall either of them. So she stayed on the shadows edge, wading between the shadows and the light, indulging in temptations and learning from her shortcomings.

Ren played a dangerous game with Sol. So, Sol came up with their rule of balance to try and keep the peace and allow herself to attempt to rekindle their relationship. If he wanted something from her, he would have to do a task for Sol in return.

Kylo Ren agreed to her terms on tentative grounds. If he failed to complete her part of the bargain the whole deal was off wherever it stood, if there was no balance in their agreement Sol refused to continue it.

The Sith Lord would do this at times in the hope to pull Sol's often conflicting feelings into the shadows. But she caught him each time. Despite their views, an unusual steadiness fell over them. Sol and Ren pulled at one another, yet neither stepped fully into the other's side.

The Gray Jedi was pulled from her memories of the past to see an antique in the flesh. The rusting backside of the infamous Millennium Falcon sat parked on a large rocky island.

Letting out a whoop of excitement at seeing the old ship, Sol brought her smaller freighter to a close by island and parked it, the hum of the engine whirring to a stop. Running to the small single-seat ship docked in the back of the freighter, Sol clambered in and departed from the main vessel.

Sol's heartbeat was a million miles an hour as her excitement grew. Luke and Han Solo and one place. Maybe they were hiding together? Sol would know soon enough.

Landing the pod beside the Millennium Falcon, Sol exited the smaller ship. Sol grabbed the cloak she had brought and fastened the buckle before double-checking she had everything she needed.

Turning to the stone steps Sol took a deep breath in, consuming the salty sea air. Steeling her resolve, the gray Jedi began to climb up the stairs.

Sol Valara was not prepared to climb 342 steps. She could fight Ben Solo in a spar and outrun stormtroopers, but the ancient stone steps easily grasped victory.

When she had reached the top Sol was panting and breathless from the climb. Her cheeks were red with cold and flushed with overexertion.

Once her breath had been regained and her head stopped spinning, Sol looked around. She felt like a bird in the sky, able to see much of the surrounding ocean and dotting of islands. Sol opened herself to the force, allowing the energy to wrap around her, embracing her mind. She could feel the presence of two other, strong beacons of power amongst the steady stream.

Sol walked further into the island. Around her, structures began to appear, small stone huts with thatched roofs. As she weaved between them, they grew in numbers, and yet no one was around. As she wandered over the cobblestone, a powerful force presence loomed near her. It was not one she recognized, a raw power, unfiltered and visceral. Not the presence Sol would expect from Luke Skywalker.

"Hello?" Sol called out, her voice echoing in the eerie silence.

As she stood there, the seabirds soaring overhead, their raucous cries echoed through the air. Her cloak danced and swayed with the gentle gusts of the breeze.

"Hello?" Sol called again.

How could there be no one there? Han Solo's ship was at the base of the island, surely someone had to be around.

As Sol turned, a sudden flash of light caught her attention. She looked up and found herself staring directly at the tip of a glowing blue saber. The blade hummed with a low, ominous sound and she could feel the heat radiating off of it against her face.

Sol's gaze landed on the person holding the lightsaber. It was a young woman, possibly a few years younger than Sol, who was tightly clutching the hilt of a saber that Sol recognized all too well.

Her body was ridged and her position less than admirable. The stranger clearly had no idea how to properly wield such a powerful weapon.

"You know in your position I could disarm you in two moves," Sol claimed. She could see it in her mind's eye, a strike to her wrist would force the stranger to drop the hilt, and a kick to her knees to incapacitate her.

"What?" The woman spoke,

It was all Sol needed and she dived forward, driving the stranger's wielding hand to the sky as she shifted her balance swiftly and sent a swift kick toward the stranger's unprotected legs. The woman's knees buckled, and she began to fall.

Sol took the chance to bring her elbow down on the woman's wrist and like butter, the lightsaber fell, disengaged from the stranger's hand and into Sol's awaiting one.

The Grey Jedi furrowed her brows as she examined the silver hilt in her hand. The saber belonged to Luke. As she lifted her gaze, she was suddenly faced with the barrel of a blaster. The stranger holding it had a blank expression, and Sol raised an eyebrow in curiosity.

"You really don't want to give up," Sol remarked. When there was no answer or change from the stranger Sol tried again,

"Look, I'm trying to find Luke Skywalker do you know where he is? I'm really hoping I didn't climb 342 steps for nothing."

The girl didn't lower her weapon, but Sol saw a hint of a smile across her lips.

"Who are you?" The girl asked, barely above a whisper.

"Sol Valara. I was sent to give my old master Luke Skywalker and the scavenger a message but if they aren't here please let me know, I would hate to waste my time." Sol rested her hand on the hilt of her saber, pushing her cloak back so the girl could see she was armed. The girl eyed the shining saber hilt at Sol's waist and lowered her gun.

"I'm Rey." The stranger said tucking the small blaster away.

"Wonderful, could you tell me where Master Luke Skywalker is?" Sol said clasping her hands in front of her with a smile.

Rey pointed at one of the stone houses. Sol followed her gaze to the closed door.

"Are you certain?" Sol looked back at Rey and Rey nodded.

"I've been trying to get him to open the door." She explained.

"Allow me to try," stated Sol confidently as she walked past the scavenger, making her way toward the rustic hut. Without any hesitation, she balled her fist and rapped on the door, announcing her presence.

"Go away." A gruff voice from the other side called out.

"No, I don't think I will," Sol replied.

"I don't want to be a part of your resistance scheme."

The grey Jedi only rolled her eyes.

"I'm not here to talk about the resistance you daft fool. Open the door and see who you're speaking to." There was a brief pause but then the door in front of Sol swung open, and she was faced with her old master. Luke was greying with age, his face a map of lines and wrinkles. His hair, once sandy blonde had greyed out and he sported a rugged beard.

Sol's breath stalled. and she stood tall with shoulders back and chin raised, just as she was taught. He looked her over taking a minute to recognize which padawan this was.

"Sol Valara." He said quietly, his eyes wide.

A faint smile spread over her lips, pride swelling in her that he remembered her after all these years. But then Master Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight, and former war hero slammed the door in her face.

Sol's expression contorted with surprise as she instinctively recoiled away from the unexpected movement. The cheerful grin that had adorned her face just moments before was replaced by a look of unease. She hesitated for a moment before knocking once more, and as Rey appeared at her side, a sense of reassurance washed over her.

"Go away, Sol. I don't want you here." Luke shouted through the door.

Sol let out a low growl. She didn't travel all this way to find her former Master brooding like a teenager. Unbelievable.

"Ben sent me, Master. I've come to warn you," Sol crossed her arms. There was a second before the metal door squeaked open for a second time. Luke's gruff and tired face looked back at her.

"Ben sent you?"

"Yes,"

The door to the hut was opened further and Luke stood there, old Jedi robes swaying in the breeze. He gestured to the inside of the hut,

"Come in,"

A/N: Hello! Here is chapter 2! I hope you guys like this story so far. Remember to comment, vote and share! Question of the Day: Would you want to be a Jedi? Why or why not? I would want to be a Jedi. I think getting to use to force would be very useful and fun, not only that you also get to use a lightsaber. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.3K 528 26
*18+ content* This fic is set pre-TFA. Snoke is still down Kylo Ren's throat about training, leading, and submitting to the dark side, even after yea...
36K 754 17
I normally write about the Captain Swan ship or dabble in a little Harry Potter, I've thought about this before, and now have some inspiration. After...
22.4K 585 30
*COMPLETED* You're training to become a Jedi when you suddenly receive an undercover assignment on the Finalizer. Once you arrive, you find yourself...
147K 2.7K 21
His face was just inches from mine. I smelled a fruity aroma coming from his hair. His perfectly shaped lips were too close for comfort. Kylo's brow...