She Came From the Forest (Jam...

By davidfoxrouse

When I finally got to the cliff, where there was a clearing, I saw her. She was the most beautiful thing I ha... More

Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
50 Views!
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
Epilogue
News!

9

746 32 0
By davidfoxrouse

The sun was setting and the air was getting colder (colder than day since it was always cold in Montana). I was on the back of Tera's bike with my arms around her waist. And believe me, I wasn't embarrassed, because I had no other choice. She was demon speeding. Either I hang on or I fall, and I'd rather not have skid marks of pavement all across my body.

We left Terry's earlier than expected. He mentioned something about the moon and Tera had the strangest reaction. Now she's speeding through the neighborhood trying to get me home.

She's been talking very angrily at herself since we left. "You idiot. Why are you so fucking irresponsible?" She mumbled. "Of all nights, why this one? Ugh!"

"Hey, is everything alright?" I asked from behind her.

She laughed, but it wasn't a happy sort of laugh. It was a sarcastic laugh. "'Alright'? Yeah, sureee everything is alright. Everything is just fan-fucking-tastic." She was super pissed about something. I slowly pulled my hands to the back handle of the bike instead of around her waist. Her head twitched to the side a little bit. "You didn't do anything wrong. Put your arms around me, it feels nice."

I carefully did that. I wrapped my arms around her again. "This left turn up here."

"Yeah yeah. I know." That's funny. I don't remember her ever going to my house. Maybe she passed me coming out one day and I never noticed? No, that can't be it. I WOULD'VE noticed.

I didn't ask questions though. She pulled up just outside of my driveway, but suddenly, she fell to the grass, clutching at her head. I jumped off of the bike and let it fall while racing down to try to help her.

She pushed me back. Hard. Hard enough and strong enough to almost send me flying. I fell off the curb and landed on my butt. She got up, and, with a dash of speed, made her way to the back yard and into the woods. I couldn't just leave her, so I used what I had gained on the track field and dashed after her.

It was now almost completely night. The moon was full, shining through the trees and illuminating the limited areas it could. The other parts were black. The cold air was blowing, hitting my face with more than half of what it would hit me with if I weren't running.

I stopped, realizing where I was. This path was familiar. This entire course was familiar, actually. It's like I've done this before.

I heard the trees rustling from the wind. I heard a lot of grunting, and crackling twigs all around me. I tried to go after one sound, but then another would be in a totally different direction. It confused me. Suddenly, I heard a howl, and everything went silent, as if on cue.

It wasn't a howl from an animal though. Not one from around here. It sounded human-like. Sort of. The howl itself sounded like someone made it, but whoever it was, it sounded real animalistic, like a growl was in them. I was pretty sure it was only one person, and I happen to be chasing that person.

Finally, I made it to the area where the howl came from. I finally made my way through the tree line towards the cliff clearing. And, not to my surprise since I'd been thinking of the dream, I found a woman, standing naked in the center of the moon's line of sight, her back to me.

I froze, petrified at the feeling of déjà vu. What was this? Was this a repeat of the dream the other night? Was I knocked out somewhere else, having the same dream? Was this real?

She bent, panting loudly in pain. Then, she growled. A low rumble that filled a small radius of this area. She turned, and, like the dream, her eyes were glowing yellow. They frightened me because I thought of an animal that was staring at me. A predator.

"Please, don't watch this." She said, gritting her teeth.

"Wha-" I could barely get my words out. "Wha-What's wrong?"

She looked at the moon, it's shining ball of light sitting there in the night sky, then she looked back at me. "You won't be safe if you don't leave."

I shook my head. "No. I'm not leaving you." I took a step towards her.

She growled, this time it was louder. "You'll be in serious danger if you don't." Suddenly, she grunted, and let out a small screech. She hit the ground, burying her face into the ground.

I ran over to her. "What's going on?" I could hear the worry in my own voice. I didn't know what to do. I put a hand on her shoulder, trying to calm her and be some sort of support.

She looked up, her yellow glowing eyes staring me right in mine. Suddenly, a force was pushed onto my chest, and I was sent flying back. It was only until I looked up off of the ground to see her arm still extended. I'd been pushed.

I heard crackling, like twigs. Though they weren't wood, they were bone. Her back, her spine, they all started to rotate and rearrange. They started changing their shape to new. Tera's face was in pain. Her eyes were closed, and her teeth were gritted. They also started to change shape. They were growing into canines.

Her body was changing into a dog-like figure, but larger. She grew a muzzle like a wolf with the ears and snout. Her body was stretching and growing black fur. Finally, she grew a tail that was furry and long.

My body told me to run, but I was stuck in fear. I was petrified. I had stayed on the ground from where I was thrown. I remained still and watched the transformation. But this was the most unbelievable thing I'd ever seen. Her shape, her transformation on a full moon. It was clear what she was, even though I didn't even dream of them being real. Werewolf.

She finally stood still. She turned to look at the moon, and then back straight ahead of her. She bent her head back, and let out a howl that could've filled the entire forests of all of Montana. A howl that sent chills down my spine all the way to my calves. Was that a cue for me to run?

I let out a small sigh, one that I thought she wouldn't hear. But I was wrong, because her head snapped over towards my direction. I should've just left when Tera told me to I thought. But I wouldn't. I couldn't. I just felt like I'd be abandoning her if I did, and now I see what she meant, because I now know I'm probably about to die.

She studied me with her yellow glowing eyes. I met them for a few seconds before realization came to mind. Wolves feel challenged if you stare them in the eyes. I finally was able to stand myself up and slowly start backing away. I wasn't gonna turn and run because that would make me prey. She started walking towards me, her eyes set with determination. I think I'd be prey even if I don't run. I was so dead.

I backed into a tree, but just stood there and didn't go around. She was only a few feet away at this point. I started riding up the tree, standing on my toes. I was doing everything I could to just sink as far back as possible.

She was only inches away from me. Her head was the same height as my chest. I closed my eyes and turned my cheek. Is this it? Is this how I die? I thought. Man, I thought I had so much I wanted to do. I wanted to go to college and study animals. Now I'm about to be dinner for a human that changes into a very large animal.

I felt something warm and wet come across my bare neck. It caught me by surprise, and I jumped a little. I peeked my eyes open, looking at the big, black wolf looking up at my face. She was sitting, her body standing tall and majestic.

"Tera?" Was all I managed to get out this entire time. I was still uneasy, and I'd be a liar if I said I wasn't afraid anymore, because God knows I'm scared shitless. "Tera, is that you?"

She cocked her head at me, and let out a small, dog-like bark. "Is that a yes?" She barked again, and I sighed in relief. "Great. Just great."

I took a side step and started pacing. "Let me get this straight. You mean to tell me, that after all this time, you're a werewolf?" I looked at her, her eyes watching me in curiosity. "Are you fucking kidding me?" I didn't usually cuss as much, but this had been a moment to use almost any kind of language in my vocabulary, and that included the f bomb.

Maybe this wasn't the time to get angry and loud, especially around a wolf- or werewolf- on account that I don't know what loud noises and sudden outbursts could cause them to do. But she was calm and collected, still sitting there sitting there watching me.

Her tail wagged, and she stood. She started to walk off, looking back at me for me to follow. I did as she directed, and she led us to a bush with clothes all across it. Her clothes.

I looked at her. "You want me to take your clothes?" She barked a yes.

I collected her clothes (blushed whenever I had to pick up her bra and underwear) and folded them up to put them in my bag. I found the bracelet and picked it up, placing it around my wrist. She saw, and when I started to take it off, she came over and licked my hand and it as well. I guess it was okay.

"Do you want me to put them somewhere so you can get to them?" She growled, a small growl that was barely threatening, but I didn't care because I was as threatened as ever. I guess that's a no. "Okay, um, well, what? Take them in my house?" She barked.

"Well, I don't want you going home naked." Before I could bug her anymore, she walked over and put her snout over my shoulder against my neck. I was stiff. I wasn't sure what to do. Tera, in a werewolf form, was hugging me. Her fur was soft and comforting. She pulled away, licked my face one more time, and turned to trot off out of sight in the dark forest, her black figure disappearing.

Now I was alone in the dark woods.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

127K 5.9K 38
"Please! Just stay the hell away from me!" I cried while snapping at him. "No! You are NOT going anywhere until you explain to me what the hell is g...
5.1M 69.8K 20
"Do I seem like an idiot to you princess?" he sassed taking another agonizingly slow step towards me. "N-no." I stuttered out a blabbering mess, unab...
5.1M 128K 34
(Book in the process of editing) " Miss please stand in front of the class and introduce yourself.," my teacher said as she directed me where to stan...
14.3K 95 13
Being raised most of her life at mountain temples Rose is the last thing from a proper princess. Rose is the last thing from a proper royal maid. S...