OFF GUARD ||H.S|| (COMPLETED)

By hazzysgirl

Harry Styles. Evelyn Brooks. Two Young Agents thrown into the field together after years of training. How wil... More

Off Guard ~ A Spy/Secret Agent Romance
First Author's Notes
Prologue ~ Ambushed
Cast Members
Official Playlist For Off Guard
1.Cold as ice ❄
2.Hot as Fire 🔥
3.Partners?
4.Travis's extravaganza
5.Travis's extravaganza - Part 2
6.We get a new office?
7.Travis likes Gracie
8.Damsel in Distress
9.Are we gonna do it?
10.It's just a stupid party
11.Intoxication , Lust and other things
12.Hangovers
13.A kiss for goodluck?
14.So , deal?
15.Bumpy ride
16.Handful
17.Warehouse roundup
18.Hang in there..
19.Good friends
20.Busted
21.Royal phoneys
22.Let's go to the bar
23.Say it again
24.Meant nothing
25.Kiss cam
26.Speak from your heart
27.Fix it with sex
28.Benji
29.He didn't do it
30.Tell me everything
31.Mary
32.Is Life a Fairytale?
33.Leaps of Courage
34.Not on speaking terms
35.Messy motorcade
36.Jealous Bastard
37.A night at Mayfair
38.Only You
39.Tracker
40.Not dating
41.Secret's out
42.Get that flashdrive
43.Unlove me
44.Stranded Agent
45.Spiderman and Mary Jane
46.Broccoli , spaghetti and challenges
47.Love it when you hurt me
48.Delete that footage
49.Tattoos
50.Land of dating
51.This one's a keeper
52.Miami , Florida
53.Unspoken thing
54.A quickie before we leave?
55.Better off without you
56.That one annoying couple
57.A ship with a cherry on top
59.Platonic?
60.Want you back
61.New Revelations
62.Whatcha hidin'?
63.Not happy at all
64.Secret meetings
65.What a night.
66.A last chance
67.Not that drunk
68.One last time
69.Mil & Ev
70.Finally free
71.Give her your jacket
72.Quit playing 'games' with my heart
73.Don't wanna be friends
74.Just me , her and the moon ❤
75.Haz & Evey
76.Lucky Charm
77.They're so cute
78.A quiet evening in our private jet
79.We're Fireproof
80.Cooking lessons and surprises
81.A Worried Girlfriend
82.Spill the deets
83.That's a shocker
84.Stick together
85.Surprises
86. We're in Brasil
87. Boate Kiss
88. The Damian Syndrome
89.Don't Mess It Up
90. Phew , that was close
91.Dr.Brooks
92. Code Red
93.Aftermath
94.Threats and Promises
95. Genes? Simulations?
96.Déjà Vu and Nostalgia
97.The End - Part 1
98.The End - Part 2
99.The End - Part 3
100.The End - Pt 4
101.The End - Final Part
102.HBIC - Evelyn Brooks
103.Elite team forever❤️
Epilogue ~ My Lover
Final Author's Notes/Thank You💓
SEQUEL (OFF GUARD : REDEMPTION)

58.Can you keep a secret?

149 11 4
By hazzysgirl

Evelyn's POV:

"We can't just stand here. We have to do something" Niall shouts , the sound of sea water filling overpowering our voices.

"Let's get them out of these cages" Liam tries to tell us , his voice barely heard with all the gushing of water into the ship.

All of us rush to pull the girls out of the sinking cage which becomes more of a struggle when more water starts to flood in and the cage begins to sink inside the giant hole at the corner ,which also seemed to get bigger and bigger by the second.

"Come on" I shout , desperately trying to swim in the midst of running water and trying to pull one of the girls out at the same time.

But to all of our dismays , the hole becomes even larger and the cage completely sinks in , falling out of the ship and into the deep sea.

"Beta team , there are still 2 boats docked at the bow of the ship. You have to get out of here" Harry says , all of us now desperately trying to stay above the water.

"What about you?" Liam asks , swimming to the door.

"I stay behind and save atleast a few of these girls. I have to try" he says , diving into the water and getting back up to surface immediately.

"Delta team , you leave with Beta team now" he says , pulling out on of the many girls and trying to keep her above the surface.

"That's an order" he says when Louis opens his mouth to object.

"I'm staying with you" Niall says , as I watched Millie and Louis leave along with Liam.

"So am I" I say , diving into the water and noticing that most of these girls were drowned and gone except for one who had her legs stuck under a piece of heavy piping.

"A girl needs help. She's got her leg stuck" I announce to the rest of my team that was left , as I gasped for breath.

"This one's not breathing" Harry takes her to the corner of the sinking room of the ship and places her on one of the tables which was almost about to be covered with sea water in a matter of few minutes.

"I'll go and help her. You three need to get out of here on that other boat before the dock sinks in too" he says , about to dive in.

I grab his collar and pull him up and closer to me , not wanting to let him do this.

"What if I told you that I didn't wanna leave?" I mutter , tightening my grip around his jumpsuit.

"You will listen to me now. Or just lose your job" he removes my hands from his clothing and pushes me back.

"I don't care. We can't just leave you here" I shout , grabbing his hands again.

"You might not care but I do. I care about you." he seethes , grabbing my cheeks and pulls his face closer to mine before pushing me off again in the next few seconds.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I scream at him , watching him dive into the water to save the girl.

"Let's go" I hear Zayn's feeble voice from behind me , as he grabs my wrist slowly.

"Alpha One , just go. I'll make sure that we get out safely" Niall says , getting over to the other girl on the table and giving her some CPR.

"We can't just leave them here" I pull my wrist out of Zayn's grip and swim away.

"Follow orders or lose your job , Ev " Zayn mutters , grabbing my waist and pulling me up before I dove in.

"Let's go" he swims to door when I stop struggling and follow him.

"I can't believe he's threatening to fire me. I just want to save his life" I murmur as I treaded out of the water and to the door.

Niall's POV:

"Come on. Come on" I keep chanting , as I continued to give compressions to the girl's chest and breathed into her mouth from time to time.

"Yes" I mutter , when I watch her cough out some water that she had swallowed and sit up - breathing heavily.

"We have to get out of here" I tell her , looking around the gallons the water around me.

I desperately try to spot for Harry in those deep waters , hoping that he would be back up to the surface anytime now and we would be getting out of here soon.

"What did you do? I should be with my friends" The girl shouts , looking around and searching for the others.

"I'm sorry. None of them made it" I say , jumping into the water and signalling for her to do the same.

"I can't. I can't survive this. He would kill me anyway. You should have just let me die" she shakes her head vigorously, leaning back on the wall behind her and sobbing wildly.

"What are you talking about?" I shout , turning back and searching for Harry yet again , before turning to look at the girl now.

"We're just bait. We shouldn't be surviving this" she makes absolutely no sense with her words , a flood of relief passing through me when I spot Harry resurface along with a girl whom he held strongly in his arms.

"We have to get out of here. There's oil leaking and the outside of the ship is on fire" he says whilst gasping for breath.

I spot a trail of smoke escape into the sky through the small door which was now our only way out.

"Leave us here. There's no point in saving us" the girl along with Harry screams on top of her lungs.

"What the hell are you two going on about?" I swim to the girl on the table , reaching for her arms to pull her down to the water.

"Richard Damian..He.."

"Shut up , Tammy. We aren't supposed to tell them anything" the girl on the table shouts , as Harry and I exchanged shocking glances.

"Oh , what's the point? We are gonna die anyway" the other girl retaliates , now pushing Harry off and swimming on her own.

"I won't let you" the girl on the table surprisingly gets into the water next to me. What she does next though , I did not expect.

She reaches for the gun on my belt and pulls it out , shooting aimlessly at the girl in front of her.

"Fucking hell. What did you do?" I reach for the gun and pull it back and out of her hands, but I was too late.

She had already shot Tammy.

"We owed our lives to Richard. He kept us alive all these days" the girl speaks softly , as I watched her helplessly.

"You didn't have to kill her for that" Harry seethes at her , now swimming towards us.

"If I were you , I'd watch my back. Including my team's back" she says mostly looking at Harry , now going underwater and swimming away from us as fast she could.

"There's no point in trying to save my life. You need to leave" she resurfaces a bit too far away from us and waves just when a huge explosion goes off above us , collapsing the ship further into the water and blocking a huge part of our escape route.

"Leave her , Harry. Let's go" I tell my bestfriend , who seemed to be in conflict with himself about what to do next.

"Are we still online on comms?" He asks , the both of us desperately swimming to the door.

"We lost it a long time ago" I say , as we swam out just in the knick of time - the doorway completely sinking into the water right after that.

It really was a pity that we couldn't save any of the girls in the end.

"Then you better listen to me real quick" Harry stops swimming and turns to me.

"Not a word about this to anyone on the team or just anyone else" he mutters , looking into my eyes for assurance.

"Especially Evey. Especially her" he says ,stressing on the word 'especially'.

"We are not supposed to withhold information that we gather during missions. Especially not from our team and our partn.."

"Don't pull out the rulebook on me , Nialler. If you really care about our team and about Evey, you would listen to me" he grabs my collar and screams into my face , making my eyes go wide.

"Alpha Two , are you still out there?" I hear Evelyn's voice in my ears with a little bit of static radio noises causing some interference.

"We are out of the ship and out of harm's way. Turning on our location now" Harry says , tapping on the gear on his wrist.

"Oh Thank God you're alright" She exclaims , whilst her boat draws in closer to us with Zayn along with her.

"So did you save any of them?" Zayn asks , after pulling they pull us up into the boat.

"We couldn't" I shake my head , laying back on the boat and sighing heavily.

"What took you so long , then?" Zayn asks , looking at Harry who just choses to ignore his question when Evelyn comes closer to him.

"Are you alright?" Evelyn mumbles , helping him to sit up and lean his back against the seat of the boat.

"Yeah , I'm fine" he mutters , smiling at her.

"So it won't be a problem if I do this then" she clenches her fist and pulls em back , punching him hard on his face.

"Ooww? What the hell is wrong with you , woman?" Harry shouts , wiping the fresh blood off his now injured cheekbone.

"That's for scaring the shit out of me and for threatening to fire me. What if you two had died?" She steps back and mutters , shaking off her hands after that powerful punch.

"Aww. You were worried about me?" He smirks , standing up and walking closer to her.

It was like they had entirely forgotten about Zayn and me during that conversation of their's.

And Harry was dating Emily? For what? He sure was still in love with Evelyn.

"What in the fuck? Ofcourse not. You look out for each other in a team. I just did that" she steps back , looking away from his eyes.

I sit up and look at Zayn who just walks over to me and pats me on the back with a smile.

"When are they gonna admit that they are made for each other?" He mutters , sitting next to me as we watched Harry and Ev argue and walk to steering wheel of the boat - while Harry started it.

"Emily is not even in this equation , bro. She just doesn't have to be here" I say , looking at Zayn.

"What if I liked her , Ni?" Zayn says , biting his bottom lip with a small smile.

"Who Emily?" I ask , my eyes widening.

"No" Zayn whispers now ,"Evelyn" he says , leaning back and supporting his weight on his elbow.

"Really?" I look at him with a confused smile. How long has this been going on?

"Just shut up and drive" Evelyn cusses at Harry and takes her seat opposite to Zayn , now widely smiling at him.

Zayn just smiles back and the both of them exchange glances for a while , after which Zayn just looks back at me.

I also notice Harry turning to look at Evelyn and then Zayn , glaring at Zayn before turning back to focus on the sea ahead of him.

"Yeah , really. As much as I think she should be with him , I also think she needs to move on" Zayn whispers subtly into my ears.

"Maybe you're right. She needs to move on. With you" I say , nodding my head at him.

"Yeah" he smiles , looking back at her again. But Evelyn on the other hand , doesn't notice Zayn this time but focuses on Harry - looking at him with a worried frown on her face.

This was some crazy , fucked up love triangle for sure.

...........

"You didn't tell Zayn when we were on that boat , did you?" Harry stops me , when I was about to leave the infirmary.

"We were talking about some other things , Harry. I promise you. This won't get out" I nod , giving him the assurance he needed.

"I just need to ask you one thing. You have to answer it if you don't want this secret to get out" I smirk , finally thinking of a way to get the truth out of him.

"Fine. Ask" he sighs , standing back and crossing his arms against his chest.

"Do you still love her? Is Emily just a killer for the pain? You know what I mean" I ask , turning to look at Evelyn who seemed to be busy getting some injections for Harry at the moment.

"No. I love Emily. How could you ask that?" He furrows his brows in annoyance , finding it hard to focus on me while he looked at Evelyn who was laughing at something the doctor at the infirmary had said.

"I know that Evelyn didn't give you a chance , Harry. But you don't have to punish yourself like this by trying to making her jealous. Just wait a few more days and she will have a change of heart. I'm sure..."

"I'm done waiting for that girl. I'm done , okay? I think I'm happy with the girl that truly loves me for now. I'm happy" he repeats , as if he was assuring himself.

"Harry , just get back here. You need this shot of morphine if you wanna sleep well tonight" Evelyn calls to him and Harry just completely ignores me after that , walking over to her.

"Babe , are you alright?" He quickly looks away when he sees Emily standing at the doorway.

"Oh God. You're hurt" she walks over to him and wraps him into a hug.

"Just the usual injuries. I'm fine , love" he gives her the formal peck on the lips and smiles at her after pulling away.

"So , the shot?" Evelyn interrupts them , calling to him again.

"I'm fine , Brooks. We have a date now" he waves at her , not waiting for her reply and leaving the infirmary with his arms around Emily's waist.

"See ya later , Ni" he calls to me and I mutter a 'yeah' before looking back at Evelyn.

"A date. How many dates. Stupid dates" I hear her mutter , throwing back the shot of morphine into the tray.

Do I have to fix this now?

Oh , I so badly wanna fix this.

A.N

I typed this in a hurry and also wasn't fully committed to this chapter cuz of my fucking thesis which is due this week , so I apologise 😶

That's the end of this mission but never the end for these horrible love triangles 😂🤷‍♀️

Not quite sure about when the next update might be, but I promise to only leave for my usual exam hiatus(the last one lol) after I reach a particular milestone in the story (that might be a good or a bad cliffhanger , not sure 😂)

All the love :)

~Hazzysgirl♡♡♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 51 30
That's my first fan fiction so I guess it's an absolute crap, A girl meets Harry Styles as just another fan and many changes happens to both of their...
72.6K 4.7K 36
Okay, so he's impressed. This person is amazing at what they do. Maybe even better- no. Harry closes his laptop after exiting his browser and places...
1.1M 33.7K 101
Just as things were starting to come together, everything slipped away. A tragic series of events forces Kate to learn her love story backward while...
98.4K 1.4K 26
You were walking through the streets in tears, your boyfriend had broken up with you, you wanted to escape the world, but you run into a group a boys...