Merciful - TVD [2]

By arios2004

"Some women fear the fire. Some women simply become it." TVD - Seasons 3 + 4 More

CAST
EPIGRAPH
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
27
28
29
SEASON FOUR
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58

26

4K 127 51
By arios2004

As a slow song began to play, Mallory and Tyler began to dance slowly with each other. Mallory leaned her head against Tyler's shoulder as they swayed to the beat, "What was the twenties like?" Tyler suddenly asked before gesturing around to the dance's decoration, "I mean, you did live during that decade."

Mallory smiled, lifting up her head as she looked Tyler directly into Tyler's eyes, "Nothing like this," She scoffed, both of them quietly laughing, "It was one of my favorite decades. The girls were reckless, sexy, fun."

"I guess you fit in well then," Tyler commented, causing Mallory to playfully roll her eyes.

"The music was great," Mallory continued on, "I killed a lot of people during that decade, almost as much as the sixties and seventies. I spent the entirety of the decade in Chicago. I hung out with Damon a bit there, but I spent most of it looking after Stefan."

"Why?" Tyler asked Mallory confused, "What was wrong with Stefan?"

"He was with Klaus," Mallory informed Tyler, whose eyes widened since he didn't know about Stefan's time with Klaus like everyone else, "I wasn't the only Salvatore sibling to get close to the Mikaelsons. Like me, he picked the wrong ones." She paused, letting out a large sigh, "Anyways, do you ever think about what you'll do after high school?"

"College," Tyler informed Mallory, a small smile on his face, "Would you go to college?"

Mallory had a uneasy look on her face, nervously chuckling, "Oh, I don't know," She replied before finally smile at Tyler, "Maybe if you're there. I can't promise I'll attend all of my classes though. A few sorority girls might go missing, too."

Tyler and Mallory laughed at Mallory's sucky joke before the female vampire continued on, "What about after college? What would you be doing?"

"I honestly have no clue," Tyler confessed to her, "I never thought about it before. I was too busy thinking about living in the moment."

"I never really thought about the future either, actually," Mallory confessed, "I never knew what was in store for me. Living an eternal life, you have all the time in the world," She paused, letting out a sigh, "But I do know that after high school, I want to travel."

"Where to?" Tyler asked Mallory curiously, a small smile on his face.

"New Orleans," She admitted, a smile forming on her lips at the thought of the beautiful city, "I haven't been there since the forties. I miss it. After that, I want to go to Europe. I haven't left the country since before 1864. I miss France. I'm thinking about visiting Paris, actually."

"I'll come with you," Tyler suddenly said, causing Mallory to turn to him, "I've never left the country before and I know for a fact I would want my first time leaving the U.S. to be with you."

Mallory smiled, nodding her head in response, "I would love that," She replied, about to leave forward.

Just as she was about to kiss him, she noticed his eyes go elsewhere, "What is it?" She asked in concern, only to turn her head to see Klaus walking up to them.

Mallory groaned, rolling her eyes at the fact that Klaus was ruining her time with Tyler.

"Where've you been mate?" Klaus asked Tyler, who looked straight at him while Mallory avoided eye contact, knowing that if she didn't, there was a chance she would go off on Klaus, which wouldn't end well.

"I just got back in town," Tyler informed Klaus and Mallory could immediately hear the hybrid's heartbeat race.

She grabbed her boyfriend's hand, holding it in her own. Tyler glanced at her, just before looking back at Klaus.

"That's funny, I don't recall giving you permission to leave in the first place," Klaus told Tyler in a threatening tone. He glanced at Mallory as he took a step toward the couple, "You don't mind if I cut in, do you?"

Mallory glared at Klaus, knowing that he was referring to having a dance with Mallory, "Yes, actually, we do," She suddenly blurted out, turning to face Klaus as she took a threatening to step toward him and away from Tyler, "Now, buzz off, will you?"

Klaus gave Mallory an impressed look when she showed no fear while standing up to him. He turned his head and looked over at Tyler, giving him a look that would make Tyler say yes if he was still sired to him.

"No, it's fine," Tyler told Mallory, who turned to look at him and immediately knew he was just trying to play his part and not give himself away.

Mallory scoffed, turning to glare at Klaus once more, "Why do you always have to prove you're the alpha male?" She complained to the original hybrid angrily, "It's annoying!"

"I don't have to prove anything, love. I am the alpha male," He told Mallory, who loudly scoffed at him, "Come on, one dance, I won't bite."

Klaus grinned, holding his hand out to Mallory, who turned to look at Tyler before she skeptically took Klaus' offered hand. Slowly, Klaus led her out onto the dance floor, smiling.

He spun Mallory once, just before he placed one hand on her waist while the other held her gloved hand. As they began to dance with each other, Klaus spoke up, breaking the uncomfortable silence between them, "Do you remember the twenties?" He asked, their faces close together as they spoke to each other.

"Of course, I do," Mallory responded, looking at anything but Klaus as she spoke with a bit of an attitude, "It was one of my most favorite decades. I spent the whole decade in Chicago."

"You were in Chicago during the twenties?" He questioned Mallory, clearly shocked by the newly found information.

"Oh, come on, Klaus. You didn't think I would leave my brother alone with someone like you, did you?" She asked Klaus, whose face immediately fell, "I may have been running from you, but my brothers always come first. Even before myself," She paused, a small smile on her lips at how taken aback Klaus seemed to be at that moment, "Now, do continue about the twenties. I love hearing about it."

"Since you asked so nicely," Klaus replied, smiling at Mallory, "The girls were reckless, sexy, fun. A lot like you," He paused as Mallory's gaped open, seeing as though Tyler had said almost the same exact thing not even ten minutes before, "They literally used to dance until they dropped."

Mallory shook herself out of her thoughts and quickly began insulting Klaus, "I suppose it had a little to do with their dance partners." She commented, raising a brow at Klaus.

"Well, if you're referring to me killing them, I'm sure you've killed just as many dance partners as I have." Klaus retorted, clearly offended by Mallory's statement about him.

"No, Klaus. That's not true," Mallory argued with Klaus coldly, "I may have killed thousands of people over the course of eight hundred years and turned just as many, but I know when I'm going too far. You don't. You'll kill anyone, no matter who it is."

"You should be nicer to me," Klaus told Mallory, who gave him an amused look.

"And why should I do that, huh?" Mallory questioned Klaus skeptically.

"I'm leaving town tomorrow," Klaus informed Mallory, whose eyes widened in shock at the news.

"What? You're leaving?" Mallory asked him in shock.

Klaus nodded his head in confirmation before continuing, "I'd invite you to join me in traveling the world, but we both know you're not ready for that offer just yet," He paused and Mallory's eyes trailed over to Tyler, who watched them from afar, not looking happy about what Klaus was offering Mallory, "Perhaps one day, in a year, or even in a century you'll turn up at my doorstep and let me show you what the world has to offer. Whenever it is, I'll be here."

Klaus stared into her eyes and Mallory immediately looked away, a feeling in her gut as he spoke to her that she wanted nothing more than to disappear at that moment.

Klaus noticed the look on Mallory's face as she tried her hardest to ignore him. He stopped dancing with Mallory, taking a step toward her, his mouth just a few centimeters away from her ear as he spoke to her, "Everyone else may not see it. But I do, Mallory. You grew up as royalty, a small town life and a commoner like your boyfriend will never be enough for someone like you." He whispered into her ear, causing Mallory to close her eyes and sigh, "Remember that."

Mallory opened her eyes to see Klaus walking away from her, causing a shocked look to grow on her face.

Mallory glanced over at Tyler, who gave her a concerned look. She looked away from her boyfriend and began to chase after Klaus, wanting to say something to him, "Klaus, wait!" She called out, trying to catch up to him.

Mallory rushed outside to see Klaus about to leave, "Klaus!" She called out, finally vamp-speeding over to Klaus and grabbing him by the wrist, "Can you just wait one second so that I can talk to you? I need to say something."

Klaus was about to respond, only to have his eyes widen in shock when he looked down to see the salt barrier surrounding the school.

Mallory turned her head, only to frown at what Klaus had spotted, "What the hell?" She muttered under her breath.

"What is this?" Klaus asked, causing Mallory to turn her head to see that Stefan was now standing with them.

"Your mother's back," Stefan informed Klaus, causing Mallory's eyes to widen in shock.

______

While the rest of the Mystic Falls gang and Klaus were with Bonnie while she performed the locator spell in Alaric's old classroom, Mallory stood with Caroline the now empty gym while Tyler sat on the bleachers, "So, best case scenario. Bonnie gets us out of here, Klaus hauls his ass a thousand miles from here, the two of you are finally free."

"Or we let Esther come and kill him," Tyler replied, causing Mallory to frown as she walked up the bleacher stairs and closer to Tyler.

"We're not doing that, Tyler," Mallory argued in a stern tone, shaking his head.

"It would be an option if we knew he wasn't the one who turned everyone else's bloodline. They'd be safe," Tyler explained, letting out a large sigh, "Well, everyone except us. Just like you said, Mallory. You're okay with dying. You lied to your brothers and told them that you had a plan to allow yourself to survive and that's all they had to hear."

Mallory sighed, turning to Caroline, who gave her a concerned look once hearing the revelation about her lying, "Now that they've heard you say that, they're willing to sacrifice you just kill Klaus," Tyler continued, on, causing Mallory to turn to him once more, "Hey, the two of us might be dying, but at least he would be gone."

"I think I'm going to go..." Caroline awkwardly trailed off, clearly leaving the gym after being stuck as a third wheel to Mallory and Tyler's argument.

"How could you say that?" Mallory asked, giving Tyler a look of disbelief.

"Because I'm angry. Because I hate him!" Tyler informed Mallory, clearly upset, "I should have never let him dance with you in the first place! I could hear everything he was saying to you. He clearly thinks he has a chance with you. He's practically in love with you."

"What were you supposed to do, huh? He can't know that you're not sired any more," Mallory reminded him, "And why did you listen to our conversation?"

"What, and you haven't eavesdropped before?" Tyler retorted, causing Mallory to calm down a bit since she knew he had a point.

"Touché," Mallory muttered under her breath, walking over to Tyler before taking a seat next to him.

She grabbed her boyfriend's hands, holding it in her own as she looked him in the eyes, "Ty, it doesn't matter how many times I dance with Klaus. I love you and only you," She muttered to him, placing her hands on the side of his face as they stared intently into each other's eyes.

Mallory smiled slightly at Tyler, who smiled back at her. After a moment, she leaned forward, closing her eyes as she pressed her lips against Tyler's. The couple began to slowly kiss, forgetting all of the problems at hands just for those few small moments, which was all they needed.

______

After overhearing Klaus talking about him and Stefan having a bit of a "Brotherhood" back in the twenties, Damon and Mallory finally decided to walk over, "Well, he already has a brother." Damon pointed out as he walked closer to the duo alongside Mallory.

"And a sister," Mallory added in, a small smile on her face, "You know, not to be, uh, territorial or anything."

"Oh no, of course, the Salvatore sibling trio," Klaus replied, a small grin on his face, "And their unshakeable bond. I wonder what'll happen when Elena finally makes her choice. Will we see you shake just a little bit. And of course, Mallory will be stuck in the middle of your quarrel, unable to choose a side?"

Just then, Bonnie came out of the school, causing Mallory to turn to her alongside Stefan and Damon, "It's done. Esther's not fighting me anymore. The boundary spell is broken." She informed the three siblings.

Mallory turned her head, watching as Klaus tested the boundary with his arm. Once seeing that Bonnie's words were correct, he rushed away without another word said.

"Thank you, Bonnie," Stefan thanked Bonnie, who seemed anything but happy, "For everything."

"I didn't do it for you," Bonnie replied before walking away.

___

After hearing about Alaric being turned into some type of immortal vampire hunter, everyone had gathered outside the tomb Elena was in with Alaric an Jeremy.

The trio walked out of the tomb to find the gathering of their loved ones. There were lit candles scattered around them and Alaric smiles a little. Elena walked over to Stefan and turned her head to see that Damon, Mallory, Caroline, Tyler, Matt, Bonnie, Jeremy, and Meredith standing all around.

Alaric teared up and walked back into the tomb, closing the gate behind him.

Meanwhile, after everyone else had left, Damon and Mallory stuck around to be there in Alaric's last moments. Damon and Mallory sat outside the Salvatore tomb with the white oak stake and a bottle of whiskey. Soon enough, Meredith walked up to him, "I gave him a sedative," She informed the duo sadly, "He'll fall asleep first. He'll go comfortably."

"Well..." Mallory trailed off, holding white oak stake tightly in her hand, "I offered to snap his neck. You know, to put him out of his misery but...he didn't take me up on it."

"You two seem surprised," Meredith stated, glancing between Mallory and Damon.

"Well, you just think a guy so used to dying, wouldn't want to drag it out," Damon commented, clearly agreeing with Mallory's option.

The male vampire took a swig from the bottle of whiskey in his hands before handing it to Mallory, who did the same, "Well, it was nice of you to give him the option." Meredith replied, clearly not knowing what else to say.

"Hmm," Damon hummed in response, "Apparently my choices have been a little controversial lately."

"You shouldn't leave him alone in there." Meredith reminded the sibling duo, changing the subject.

"But that's what he wants," Mallory replied, giving Meredith a fragile smile.

"Is it really what you think he wants?" Meredith questioned, causing Mallory's smile to fade.

After Meredith had walked away, Stefan and Mallory shared a glance with each other before getting up. The duo walked over to the Salvatore crypt, opening the gate before entering the tomb to see Alaric sitting on the ground, leaning against the cement wall as he breathed heavily.

"Aw, Ric," Damon remarked, both he and Mallory taking a seat next to their dying friend.

"Is this the part where you give me a dream? Rainbows and rolling green hills?" Alaric asked, causing Mallory to smile and shake her head.

"I was drunk when I told you two that," Damon pointed out and both Alaric and Mallory laughed.

"Yeah, and I told you I'd use it against you." Alaric reminded Damon, "Mallory did too."

"That I did," Mallory agreed with Alaric, taking a large sip of her bourbon.

"Damn you, Ric," Damon spoke up, "Sorry I killed you. Twice."

The three friends laughed at Damon's crappy apology, "So I have to actually die to get a real apology out of you." Alaric commented, causing Mallory and Damon to share an uneasy glance.

"Drink," Mallory demanded, offering Alaric the whiskey bottle as she tried her hardest to change the subject.

"Actually, I've been thinking about cutting back," He informed Damon and Mallory, a tear rolling down Alaric's cheek.

"Ha, yeah! This stuff will kill ya." Damon responded, taking a swig from the bottle.

He handed the bottle to Mallory, who took a large sip before holding it out to Alaric. A saddened look on her face as she saw several tears trail down Alaric's cheeks.

Finally, the human took the bottle and had a drink, causing Mallory to sadly smile.

_____

Later on that night, Mallory and Damon were sitting next to Alaric, who was unconscious and breathing heavily.

Suddenly, Alaric stopped breathing, causing Mallory's eyes to fill with tears.

Damon drank the rest of the whiskey in the bottle before placing it down, "Come on, we have to go," He told Mallory, grabbing the girl by the hand before helping her up.

"How many more people do we have to lose?" Mallory suddenly asked Damon, the tears finally streaming down her cheeks, "How many more?"

As Mallory began to cry, Damon wrapped an arm her, allowing her to cry into his chest as they walked out of the tomb, only to find Bonnie walking toward them.

"What are you doing here?" Damon asked, causing Mallory to pull away from Damon to see Bonnie.

"Bonnie?" Mallory called out, wiping the tears from her eyes.

Bonnie didn't show any signs of noticing Damon as she walked blankly toward the tomb, "Hey, Bonnie," Damon repeated, "What, are you sleepwalking or something?"

Bonnie turned around and lifts her hand in the air towards Damon and Mallory, causing the female vampire to frown, "Bonnie?" Mallory called out once more, only to have Bonnie give Damon and Mallory a headache. The two vampires screamed out in pain as they clutched their heads, falling to the ground.

"No! Bonnie! No!" Mallory yelled out, finding the strength to quickly recover since she was an older vampire than Damon.

She took a step toward Bonnie, a cautious look on her face, "Listen, Bonnie. I don't know if you're under a spell or something, but I can help--"

Before Mallory could finish her sentence, Bonnie lifted her hand once more, suddenly snapping the girl's neck, causing Mallory to drop to the floor, temporarily dead.

AN: Klaus and Mallory = An even bigger LOWKEY ship than Kol and Mallory.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45K 1.4K 44
The Vampire Diaries Season One to Season Four The Originals Season One to TBD Kol Mikaelson x OC
42K 955 30
in which they learn how to love again THANKSSS FOR 19k!!!!!! TVD- Seasons 3/4 TO- Season 1 #1 Damon #1 TVDU #1 thevampirediares #1 Lorena #1 TVD #1...
606K 20.3K 112
"Who the hell is she?" "That would be the lovely, Ingrid Mikaelson. My wife." ---- TVD: Season...