Waking Up in 18th Century [BX...

By UnKnown_Ray

They said that one's life fortune or misfortune had a connection on what you've done in your past life. If yo... More

Author's Note
CHAPTER 1: Present Time
CHAPTER 2: Present Time
CHAPTER 3: Present Time
CHAPTER 4: Future Meets Past
CHAPTER 5: Future Meets Past
CHAPTER 6: Waking up and Trouble
CHAPTER 7: Waking up and Trouble
CHAPTER 8: Waking up and Trouble
CHAPTER 9: Friend & Foe
CHAPTER 10: Friend & Foe
CHAPTER 11: Lotus Villa
CHAPTER 12: The Lotus Gift
CHAPTER 13: Coming Prepared
CHAPTER 14: Intruder
CHAPTER 15: Only Hope
CHAPTER 16: Only Hope
CHAPTER 17: Aftermath
CHAPTER 18: Behind the Waterfalls
CHAPTER 19: Feisty Consort
CHAPTER 20: Feisty Consort
CHAPTER 21: White Rose Palace
CHAPTER 22: White Rose Palace
CHAPTER 23: Beautiful Seller
CHAPTER 24: Surprise Encounter
CHAPTER 25: Georgie
CHAPTER 26: Fredrick
CHAPTER 27: Heirs of Lynneville
CHAPTER 28: Same as you
CHAPTER 29: Report
CHAPTER 30: Royal Healer
CHAPTER 31: Confrontation
CHAPTER 32: Confrontation
CHAPTER 33: Thanks But No Thanks
CHAPTER 34: Sunset
CHAPTER 35: The Visit
CHAPTER 36: Luck
CHAPTER 37: The Two Prince of the Palace
CHAPTER 38: Different Side of Him
CHAPTER 39: Behind Closed Door
CHAPTER 40 : Hope Has Come
CHAPTER 41 : Wrath
CHAPTER 42 : Connivance
CHAPTER 43 : The One He Loves
CHAPTER 44 : Own Strength
CHAPTER 45: Stating Ownership
CHAPTER 46 : Request
CHAPTER 47 : That should be me
CHAPTER 48 : Changes
CHAPTER 49 : Something isn't right
CHAPTER 50 : I rather kill than be killed
CHAPTER LI
CHAPTER LII
CHAPTER LIII
CHAPTER LIV
CHAPTER LV
CHAPTER LVI
CHAPTER LVII
CHAPTER LVIII
CHAPTER LIX
CHAPTER LX
CHAPTER LXI
CHAPTER LXII
CHAPTER LXIII
CHAPTER LXIV
CHAPTER LXV
CHAPTER LXVI
CHAPTER LXVII
CHAPTER LXVIII
CHAPTER LXVIX
CHAPTER LXX
CHAPTER LXXI
CHAPTER LXXII
CHAPTER LXXIII
CHAPTER LXXIV
CHAPTER LXXV
CHAPTER LXXVI
CHAPTER LXXVII
CHAPTER LXXVIII
CHAPTER LXXX
CHAPTER LXXXI
CHAPTER LXXXII
CHAPTER LXXXIII
CHAPTER LXXXIV
CHAPTER LXXXV
CHAPTER LXXXVI
CHAPTER LXXXVII
CHAPTER LXXXVIII
CHAPTER 89: Sacred Maiden
CHAPTER XC
CHAPTER XCI
CHAPTER XCII
CHAPTER XCIII
CHAPTER XCIV
CHAPTER XCV
CHAPTER XCVI
CHAPTER XCVII
CHAPTER XCVIII
CHAPTER XCXI
CHAPTER C
CHAPTER 101: CLIFF
CHAPTER 102 : Secret Stairs
CHAPTER 103: Escondido
CHAPTER 104 : His Own Family
CHAPTER 105 : Helga's Prophecy
CHAPTER 106 : The Flitchers
CHAPTER 107 : Meeting his Parents
CHAPTER 108 : Ren's Past
CHAPTER 109 : Abandoned
CHAPTER 110 : Dancing Swords
CHAPTER 111 : Familiar Voice
CHAPTER 112 : Out of Control

CHAPTER LXXIX

4.8K 250 17
By UnKnown_Ray

The council deliberation had been going on for days but today the council summoned the people who are involved with the matter about the throne. Instead of the throne room, they decided to discuss it at the council room. The members of the council are coming in one by one as the time close by.

Sigmund together with his mother is already at the council room and waiting for others to arrive. They watch as the room filled with the members and their anticipation build up every moment. The last member arrived together with the woman that they deem as the biggest obstacle in taking the throne.

Eleanor walks inside the room, all eyes were on her. She walks in with dignified steps with her head held high, without any trace of nervousness. Everyone stood up and greeted her. She greeted the members with a nod and a smile but when her eyes landed to the pair of mother and son the smile faded but she still nods at them.

"Ahem..." Lord Devand who is the head council did fake cough to get the attention of the people around him and to start their meeting. The Queen Dowager seated at the right of the head council facing the pair of mother and son. Every one seated but one person remains standing as he walks towards the head table and with documents on his hands and when he reaches beside the head council he bowed his head slightly and started speaking.

"As we all know Duke Lynneville declared his claim to the throne and stated that he is a member of the royal family of the West that we all know as the Falcons. Duke Lynneville presented all these documents that will prove that all his claims are true, and it is indeed true," Lord Demande stated as he glanced at the Queen Dowager but the Queen Dowager remained expressionless.

"He is indeed the heir of the youngest child of the former head of the West, he and his sister is the last member of the head family," Demande said and he who paused in his speech for a while and cast a meaningful glance at Sigmund and this is not missed by the watchful of the Queen Dowager and her left brow lifted when she saw it.

"Are sure that he and his sister are the only last members of the head family of the West," Eleanor asked as she put her clasp hands at the top of the table as she stares at Helga. Lord Demande who was about to continue his report stops and look at the Queen Dowager feeling uneasy but decided to answer her.

"According to the information that we gathered, the former head has two sons, Noah Langley who is also the previous healer in the palace and Jasper Langley who is the youngest General of his generation. The eldest Noah Langley together with his family disappeared without a trace years ago and also presumed dead after years of not finding him and the youngest Jasper Langley died in the rebellion and left his wife and children,"

"That's all?" Eleanor asked when Lord Demande finished talking.

"Do have any reports about the eldest son's family? About his son?" she continued asking.

"Are you not listening sister? They're dead, what the use of finding more about them," Helga ask her with a mocking voice and a sneer on her face. Eleanor looks at her sister.

"Presumed Dead," Eleanor emphasized the words as she speaks, "And I must remind you Helga know your place, I am the Queen Dowager you should address me properly, have you forgotten how to address the people above you?"

Helga's face stiffens because of embarrassment, she was about to answer back but stop when her son holds her hand to stop her and all she can do is glares at Eleanor with all the hatred that she has for her.

"Eleanor didn't bother with her too much and continued with her inquiries "So any details about his family, Do you even get the name of his son?"

Lord Demande eyes become weary and he begins to wringed his hands at his back. He sighed and shook his head, "I did not because,"

"You presumed them dead?" the Queen Dowager finished his words for him.

"Yes," and he nods

"I see, you presumed that the rightful heir is dead without any evidence, how very convenient for the Duke," Eleanor said as she leans on her sit while he cast a glance to the man in front of her. Sigmund didn't do anything and stayed calm with the Queen dowager's provocation.

Eleanor knew that she cannot rail the person in front of her and decided to stop and look at the head council, "You may continue," and the head council nods to Lord Demande to continue his speech.

Lord Demande nods back and takes a deep breath before continuing "As for the evidence presented by Duke Lynneville the council recognizes him as the member of the royal family and a candidate for the throne," Demande ended his speech.

"What do you mean Candidate? My son is the rightful King after the death of the King," Helga said with outraged.

"Madam it is not that easy to sit on that throne, the Kingdom has rules to abide, we cannot defy the heavens," one of the older members stated.

"The King didn't die without an heir and that is the Crown Prince,  Prince Cain has been anointed as Crown Prince the moment he was born and he is the rightful heir for the throne of Wessmore, the Duke of Lynneville cannot claim the throne unless he has the mark and if Prince is gone," the old man continued.

Helga was about to complain again but was stopped by her son. "Mother that's enough, we have to understand that there are rules," Sigmund said but deep inside he wants to kill all these old members of the council but as of now, he knows that he needs their approval.

"Your son has more sense that you Helga," Eleanor said ridiculing her but Helga didn't say anything and just glare at her.

"That is why the council came to the conclusion that Duke of Lynneville will act as the King Regent until the time comes that the Crown Prince can take the throne and leads its people," the head council announce.

Eleanor looked at the head council with discontent in her eyes, "Why him?" she asked not bothering to look at the people in front of her.

"Your Grace, Duke of Lynneville is the only one who has the capacity to do so, and he is a member of the royal family though there is another one but unfortunately, he is not here and also being accused of killing our King, that is why he is already out of the question, and you, Your  Grace is also a good candidate but we are worried about your health we have to think about the longer guidance for the young King, I'm sorry Your Grace but this is what we already decided, The Kingdom needs to have its leader, we can't let other Kingdoms to see that we are weak or they will set their sight on as," the head council explained.

Eleanor didn't say anything but the anger in her intensified. She understands the head council decision but to let these treacherous people to handle the kingdom it will be a disaster and the life of her grandsons will be in danger. She cannot believe that this is happening to her family. She cast a glance at the two people and she saw the look in Helga's face and she had the urge to vomit.

"Duke of Lynneville will you accept this decision?" the head council asked Sigmund.

Sigmund looks at the head council and nods at him, "If that is the council wants, who am I to object," he said full of respect and acceptance.

After hearing this Eleanor cannot take it anymore, she stood up on her seat and said "If this council already decided, I think my presence here is not needed,"

"Wait a minute Your Grace," she heard Sigmund called her.

She looks at the Duke and asks "Why?"

"I believe that my family crest is in your hands, I wish to have it back, especially now that we are cleared who really am, so I guess that crest belongs to me," Sigmund said with a voice full of arrogance.

Eleanor is angry on what this man asked of her but he felt quite happy when she realized what she was going to say to them will rail them up for sure. "The Falcon Crest? It's not with me or even here at the main palace, it's with Archid, the King always takes that crest with him because that is one of my husband's wishes him to do," she answered him with a solemn smile on her face. "I suggest that you wait for my son's body to return to get the crest," she added.

Sigmund is already fuming in his seat but still tried to handle his temper, he knows that the Queen Dowager likes to provoke him and his mother. "I see, I'll do that," he answered her with clench hands under the table and a fake smile plastered on his face

"Your Grace may ask where is the Dragon Crest?" asked by one of the younger members of the council.

Eleanor smile at the young man "that crest is the hand of its rightful owner,"

Helga who is seething on her seat cannot take it anymore she really wanted to wipe that proud smile on Eleanor's face.

"You're enjoying this, Do you, Eleanor? Having the upper hand on us, acting that everything is really yours, though everyone knows that the crest in your hand is not yours, it belongs to my sister, my true blooded sister," she bellowed and got up from her seat.

Eleanor looked at the woman in front of her, "I never said that it was mine, and it is not my fault that your sister trusted me more than she trusted you, maybe Lauren see right through you," she said meaningfully and she turn around and left the room when she was already outside and walking at the hallway not too far away from the council room she heard Helga let out a frustrated shout.

"You still never change Helga always impatient," she said to herself with a slight grin on her face.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6M 148K 43
"Stop trying to act like my fiancรฉe because I don't give a damn about you!" His words echoed through the room breaking my remaining hopes - Alizeh (...
1.1M 27.1K 45
When young Diovanna is framed for something she didn't do and is sent off to a "boarding school" she feels abandoned and betrayed. But one thing was...
371K 23.1K 20
๐’๐ก๐ข๐ฏ๐š๐ง๐ฒ๐š ๐‘๐š๐ฃ๐ฉ๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ฑ ๐‘๐ฎ๐๐ซ๐š๐ค๐ฌ๐ก ๐‘๐š๐ฃ๐ฉ๐ฎ๐ญ ~By ๐Š๐š๐ฃ๐ฎ๊จ„๏ธŽ...
588K 17K 22
Beau HATES Oliver Fowler. But Oliver doesn't hate Beau.. quite the opposite actually. Oliver is the univeristies 'Golden Boy', adored and admired by...