CHAPTER 10: Friend & Foe

Syl is currently walking in the woods looking for different kind of wild plants and herbs that he can use in making his medicines, He was planning to cure his eyes first to be able to see clearly without his glasses. He's been doing it for 3 days.

When they finished planting all the seed that they can plant, he taught Ren on how to tend to their plants. When he was sure that Ren can manage it while he was gone that's when he started going out to go into woods within the palace walls.

Syl was also irritated by the continuous pestering of the other ladies for him to attend their music practice, this is one of his way of avoiding them but he knows that one of this day he still need to attend for them not to doubt him because he needs them to be able to go inside the main palace to meet the one who will be his benefactor.

This benefactor is important for him. He knows since the time that he read the previous diary that this is the one that he lacks that is why he became so vulnerable and become the easy target for others to exploits him. He needs to have a protector powerful enough to back him up even though the King will not take interest on him.

During those walks Syl stumbles upon a waterfall, he was so mesmerized remembering that he saw this same scenery in his time. That's when he suddenly felt the familiarity of the place.

He had seen these falls in one of his visit in the old palace of Wessmor he saw this on his way to a cave that they say that had a passageway that exits to the river of Valler in the capital.

That's when he decided to look for that cave, He was certain that he can use this cave to go in and out of the palace without the risk of being caught on going out of the palace because base on what he learned this cave was discovered late of 19th century this ensure him that no one had seen this place yet.

He is so determined to find this cave because he needs to get out of the palace to sell his herbs and other plants in town so he can buy the ingredients and equipment that he needs to make his medicine and he can explore more to find other ways to earn money.

This will help him on his plan of saving his life. He will not wait for the King's grace because he was sure that it will never come he needs to find a way to live.

Syl decided to stop venturing deeper inside the woods when he realizes that the sun is starting to set he sigh and turn to the way that he came from, He needs to go back before it gets dark. He was approaching the place where he entered the woods when a familiar howl stops him from his step he looked around and it howls again after hearing the distress howl of his wolf-dog he automatically runs to the place where the howl is coming, feeling worried for Snow.

Fortunately, he finds Snow not so far from his place, he saw his wolf dog sitting under a tree and in her front was a black figure that looks like a dog. "Snow!!" he called her.

Snow immediately jump from her place and run to him. taking his hand using his mouth pulling him to the place where she just left, but when they were nearing the place he heard a warning growl when he looks at the figure he was stunned to see a male black wolf-dog with grey eyes and his fur is so shiny.

Then he noticed its front paw he saw that it was bleeding, out of impulse he walked nearer to look at the wounded paw but the black wolf-dog growl again and shows his sharp teeth. That's when snow growl to the other baring her teeth like a warning and the black wolf-dog whimpered and lowered his ears.

"Snow relax it's alright" and he patted her head. Snow looked at him and licks his face. Then he turned his attention to the black one.

"Ok I'm not going to hurt you," he said to the black one softly while racing his both hand in front him indicating that he will not harm him. It just looked at him. He took a deep breath and inch forward to look at the paw closely. He held the wounded paw carefully then there he saw pieces of shattered glass struck on his paw and it was bleeding.