Primalcraft: Scourge of the W...

By Nefersita91

Blake is a young boy from a small village in England. He moves to a school in Wales to get away from his pain... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Epilogue
Update

Chapter 15

3.1K 207 59
By Nefersita91

(A picture of Joshua Dufort, here comes chapter 15. Enjoy!)

Blake stood by the Vale Academy's parking lot with Hadrien who had called his brother Joshua. Prince had vanished into whatever plane he come from along with a struggling Coney. He had claimed that Blake hadn't needed them to stir up trouble among the wolf spirits who are territorial beings.

Joshua had told Hadrien that he would come to get them, and they continued to wait for him.

"Do you live with your brother, Hadrien?"

"Oui, we live on the Price lands along with the other wolves from their pack. They have built several houses for pack members to call home if they want."

"Do you get homesick?"

"Parfois, but the landscapes are much the same here like in the Margeride mountains. Fewer rivers and more meadows though."

"Margeride Mountains. Is that where you grew up? Is your pack the same as the Price?"

"Non," Hadrien shook his head before looking wistfully into a distance. "My clan is old and hold tradition close to heart. We call ourselves Lycans and believed the first of the wolves were Lycaon of Arcadia, hence the name. Though the biggest difference is our race. We are... They are cave wolves. Not Eurasian wolves like us." 

"Cave wolves? What is that?"

"An extinct wolf species. They lived in Europe during the stone age. In caves, if the name didn't give it away. They are ancestors to the Eurasian wolves and a little bigger than them. My pack is more secluded but quite... infamous. I don't know if you have heard about La Bête du Gévaudan, but my pack as quite a notorious history. A lot of people died. We have kept in the shadows since then."

"And you weren't chosen by a wolf in your clan... Pack?"

"Non, we only have around seven wolves and all of them were already in other relatives. So, we either had to wait until someone died, accept our lives as humans, or go to another pack. Living as a human was never an option in my family. The Du Mont pack isn't friendly towards humans as the Price pack."

"Du Mont? But your name is Dufort."

"Yes, I and my brother doesn't belong to the main family. My brother was driven out when he came of age and he wouldn't be chosen for a wolf spirit. He traveled to Wales to join the Price family. He got chosen by the Beta, Greyrunner, and I decided to go to him before I come of age and be driven out."

Blake's eyes followed Hadrien's every move as he talked. To be exiled from his own home... "I'm sorry."

Hadrien looked over at Blake with a somber smile. "Moi aussi."

A blue car drove over and stopped in front of them and a young man exited. He is really tall and handsome with the same colored eyes as Hadrien but with fairer attributes. To be honest he looked like a model.

"Bonjour les enfants! Vous allez bien, héros?" Of course, he spoke in French. The man which Blake assumed was Joshua looked over at Hadrien.

"Ça va! Parle en Anglais, Salaud."

"Charmant!" Joshua turned towards Blake with a flirty smile. "And who is this handsome young man?"

"Too young for you!" Hadrien said while rolling his eyes. Joshua just laughed at that. "Age is just a number, not to mention the elder has experience."

Blake blushed when Joshua kissed his cheeks. He had noticed that this was something Hadrien does as well and has learned that it was their way of greeting. That along with being flirty, though Hadrien is more reserved.

"We would need help getting to the Price house. We need to speak to Elliott, and he wasn't in his office. I assume you kept him busy," Hadrien said with a meaningful look while Joshua laughed cheerily.

"Always. Get in, enfants!"

Blake frowned at their conversation, but he wasn't sure what Joshua's part was in the pack, so he wasn't sure what the conversation was about. The drive was just a few minutes away and Blake soon looked out at Price beautiful farmhouse with at least twelve bedrooms. Joshua merrily showed them to Elliott's office. He knocked on the door and opened it when Elliott answered. They entered a study filled with books and files with an enormous, mahogany desk in the middle in front of the window.

Elliott looked up only to frown at Blake who felt uncomfortable under his gaze. Hadrien went between them to divert his eyes and Blake felt himself breathe easy for a second before sticking his head out from Hadrien's back

"Uhm... Excuse me, sir."

"Ah, Mr. Oakley. I must apologize to you on my brother's behalf. He told me about your promise during the festival and his... silly behavior. I do hope that he did not cause you too much pain."

Blake flinched at the thought of the dance during the festival and Elliott must have noticed as he changed the subject. "What can I do for you?"

"I need your permission to enter the Price sanctum, sir."

Elliott froze and he looked with suspicion at Blake. This did not go well. He had assumed that the other wolf-shifters on the rugby team had just overreacted, but it seems like his request is rather taboo.

"Why if I may ask do you want to enter the sanctum?"

"I want to try communicating with the wolf spirits. My guardian tells me I have an inborn gift for communicating with spirits in the Hereafter and that I need to train that ability so that I don't get possessed by bad spirits."

"Guardian?"

"Kind of like a mentor. I have signed a contract with a spirit who will protect and teach me magic."

"Handsome looking guy. With a sexy aura but smells like ash and eyes with literal fire in them," Hadrien explained with an indifferent shrug. "And a rabbit."

"A what?" Elliott asked but was answered by Coney scratching his desk. He rose and looked down.

"I'm not a rabbit. I'm THE rabbit! And I'm Blake's guardian. Not the other one!" Coney huffed and jumped over to Blake, who lifted him up. Joshua gushed over the rabbit.

"I did find it curious, but I didn't want to ask why you had a rabbit with you."

Elliott stared at the rabbit and for a moment he looked like he was about to squeal like a little girl before he collected himself. "Did your... Does the other guardian say that you have the ability to communicating with spirits? Can you also command them? Like you did with Ironmaw?"

"Ironmaw?"

"My wolf," Hadrien answered Blake who was clearly lost before he turned towards Elliott. "He did not command Ironmaw. He summoned him and asked for his help. Ironmaw simply agreed."

"He is right... Kind of. I didn't know that I summoned Ironmaw. I just suddenly saw him watching me right in front of me and asked him to save Hadrien. I did not command him."

Elliott looked at ease at that. "Can you communicate with spirits inside of people?"

Blake frowned at that. He had never tried. Blake turned to Hadrien and narrowed his eyes in concentration. Hadrien merely looked amused.

"Mignon!" Joshua exclaimed and Hadrien snorted at that. Blake sighed and gave up. He had a distinct feeling they were mocking him.

"I don't think so. I'm not sure how it works. Which is why I would like to train but I cannot even sense a wolf inside of him. Besides Prince, my guardian mentioned that I can communicate with spirits in Hereafter, not spirits who possess people."

"It still sounds interesting. If he can talk to the wolf-spirits then maybe he can help us get them suitable hosts. We have plenty of spirits who don't seem interested in any of those coming here to be chosen. Maybe Blake here can help us with that," Joshua said with a nonchalant shrug and Elliott seemed to agree.

"True, but I still don't feel good about letting him into the sanctum alone. It's a sacred place for my pack."

"Then I will go with him. I planned on doing so anyway as I want to make sure that he will be fine," Hadrien answered and Elliott nodded.

"Agreed. Make sure that he doesn't hurt our wolf spirits. If they don't want him there, then get him out."

Hadrien walks off as Blake followed him after thanking Elliott and Joshua. They went down into the basement and into an old door who seemed to lead into catacombs.

"This was once a secret druid temple during a time when they were hunted by the Catholics ," Hadrien explained while he lit up the lamps.

The catacomb was made from grey stone and filled with bones from human remains. What seemed to be thousands of pelts laid on altars around the room. Blake took a step forward when a sudden rush of howling echoed in his head. It felt like his head was about to split open and Hadrien steadied him with a concerned expression. "Are you okay, Cheri?"

"Not really, there is a lot of wolves here and they all spoke at the same time. It overwhelmed me."

Blake looked around quickly before touching his medallion. Prince manifested out of smoke coming from the medallion with a smile on his lips. The wolves growled but seemed relatively calm.

"So, you succeeded to gain access. You don't even look hurt," Prince said and circled Blake who frowned at him.

"You expected me to get hurt?"

"Well, the wolves protect their den and you are an outsider. Normally, they would have beaten you silly."

"What?" Blake exclaimed frightened and looked over at Hadrien who now looked suspiciously at Prince.

"I would never have let them do it."

"Neither would I, of course," Prince was hardly convincing, but Blake let it go. It was already done. Now he needed to focus.

"What am I going to do here? How do I begin?"

"There is to many wolves. Focus on one. Call on it. Let it come to you."

Blake closed his eyes and tried to focus on one of the wolves. A task that is not easy as they all eagerly snarled and howled at him. Then he felt something, calm curiosity. He focused on that and opened his eyes when he felt something sniff his hand. whined at him and he scratched the wolf's ears.

Coney had hidden behind an altar while Hadrien stared at the wolf.

"Wait, can you guys see him?" Blake said, confused by it all. Prince laughed at his question.

"That tends to happen when you summon a spirit. Though, I would recommend you don't speak of it to others."

"Why?" Blake asked and Prince perused him for a second before answering him.

"Because summoning a spirit into physical form is powerful and dangerous magic. It's considered dark magic."

Hadrien reacted to that." Dangerous? Will it hurt Blake?"

"Sure, and anyone around him. He is summoning them into a physical form by creating a portal from the Hereafter. As you can imagine that could be disastrous if the portal isn't closed."

Blake felt panic rise as he listened to Prince. "Close it? I don't even know I opened a portal. How did I do it? Did I close it?"

"It's an inborn ability. It's related to your ability to communicate with spirits. You must have heard of mediums summoning spirits. It's similar to that, though they only summons them in astral form. You summon them into a physical form using your own magic."

"How is that possible? Mr. MacGreine mentioned that I had a lot of magic but that just-"

"Your teacher was correct when he said you had a lot of magic, but he underestimates your ability. You are maintaining two spirits in physical form while created and closing a portal and summoning a third spirit. All are advanced magic. I doubt that any witch or druid can be your equal."

Blake just shook his head in denial. "That is ridiculous! I am a boy born out of two farmers in the middle of nowhere. How could I have gotten such power?"

"There are a million answers to that, my protégé. You merely lack the imagination to understand them so focus on the wolf."

Blake petted the wolf who whined and went over to an altar with a pelt on it. It had a similar color to the wolf. Blake walked over and touched the pelt. He could hear the wolf yip happily. The sensation from the pelt went through Blake and he could feel its connection to the wolf.

"This pelt... It's is the wolf," he said with awe in his voice. Prince nodded and looked out at all the pelts in the catacomb.

"It is one of the greatest secrets of all the shapeshifters. Their animal spirits need a foothold in this realm. So magical items were created in ancient times from animals' part. The spirits follow these items no matter if they are pelts, fangs or bones. Destroy the items, in this case, the pelts, and you will destroy the thing that binds them to this place. They would drift away to the afterlife. To be reincarnated into a new form."

"So, they are prisoners?"

"No, they are here voluntarily as they love their partners. The ancient humans and the animals have a closer bond with each other than humans know. They stayed behind to guard the humans they love so much."

Blake got in his knees in front of the wolf who looked him straight in the eyes. Blake could feel the wolf's joy and eagerness even a bit of pride in being chosen to be talked to. The wolf wanted to show him something. Blake could feel it and followed the wolf as it went deeper into the sanctum.

The wolf stopped in front of an altar with a claw mark on it. It whined and scratched the altar as Blake walk towards it. On the altar lays a black pelt. He reached for it but froze as he could feel something. Darkness, rage, and fear. It called for help. Blake looked down at the wolf who growled at the pelt.

"Oh, God!" Blake exclaimed when he realized what the wolf meant to say.

"Hadrien! Call for Elliott. I have something to tell him!"

Hadrien did not ask Blake what was wrong as he exited the sanctum to do as he was told. Blake unsummoned both the wolf and Prince as neither of them were supposed to be there. "Blake?"

Blake flinched at the sound of Hadrien's voice but calmed himself. "I'm fine. Come down here."

Elliott and Hadrien went down with Joshua at their heels. "What's the urgency?" Elliott asked and sniffed the air. Blake tried to act normal but knew that Elliott could smell both the wolf and Prince in the air. Fortunately, Elliott seemed more interested in what Blake had found.

Blake showed them the black pelt. "Who is the host of this wolf?"

Elliott's eyes turned to the pelt. "We are not sure. It's hard to differentiate between the pelts. It is easier to distinguish between them when you see their entire form. Why?"

"Because according to the wolf I spoke with. This is the pelt of the wolf that has attacked me twice."

That caught Elliott's attention and he walked hastily up to the pelt to sniff it. "This... It can't be true. It has no scent."

"Did the wolf have a scent."

Elliott pasted around the sanctum. "It... Was weak. At least we presumed so as we could not pick it up."

"What can remove a scent from a wolf and a pelt?"

"Nothing really, we hide our scent by putting on something that smells stronger such as alcohol or perfume," Joshua replied with shrug. "Makes it hard to know which wolves were in a drunken brawl."

Elliott was quiet. Eerily so as he watched the pelt with an unreadable expression on his face. "Magic."

"What?" Blake asked even if he had heard it clearly.

"Magic can remove a scent from a wolf. Advanced one at that."

"But magic... Isn't it forbidden for shifters to use magic? I'm sure Leon, I mean Mr. Graycrest mentioned it," Blake said in confusion.

"Indeed, but the rule is not upheld like it was in older times. We won't kill or exile those who use magic. They might be outcast inside of the pack which is why many of those interested in learning magic do so in secret."

"Can you learn advanced magic in secret?" Blake asked and was answered by Joshua who shook his head.

"Non, advanced magic can only be learned by a master. If this wolf has been taught advanced magic, then there must be someone inside the Elan coven who has knowledge of who this wolf is."

"I... Should I ask Leon, Mr. Graycrest about it?" Blake asked hesitantly but Elliott shook his head.

"No, this is my task. I will need to question them. I just hope that they are willing to answer. Maybe they will be more accommodating as the wolf has attacked one of their own."

Elliott turned to Blake with a gentle smile. "Good work, Mr. Oakley. You proved to be of help in this case. Let us take over and get some rest. It is Saturday and you should not work on this day."

Blake nodded and said farewell. Joshua drove them back and they went for a walk along the dorms. Most students had already left as many of them visited the close by villages for more entertainment than the school could provide.

"Want something to eat, cheri? I might not know much of magic but if it is anything like physical activities then you must be starving," Hadrien asks when they stopped for a break. They were close to the cafeteria.

"Yeah, I'm a tad famished. I have noticed that happening every time I use magic."

"I will go get us something to eat. You find us a nice place to sit. Preferably in the sun as you need some color on you."

Hadrien ran off as Blake sat down on a table in the sun. The air had started to go cold and the trees have started to change color but it was still warm in the sun. Blake picked up his phone and started to SMS Alex when someone grabbed hold of him and slammed him against a close by tree.

He looked up at a giant guy with . He belonged to the rugby team and Blake has heard Jaxon call him Mark Rowe. Hadrien has mentioned him being a hotheaded Beta who is known to pick a fight with most people. He had several people with him. Including the redheaded guy Dale who was smirking at him.

"Someone didn't listen," Mark growled at Blake, who tried not to whimper. This was way too close to his previous experience in his hometown. Neither Hadrien, Alex or little Coney was there to help him through. Blake bit his lip and forced down his fear.

"And who might that be?" Blake said while forcing himself to look Mark in the eyes. Blake could have sworn that he saw a yellow glow in them for a second.

"Our Alpha told you that you weren't allowed in the sanctum, bitch boy!" Mark said with a dangerous look in his eyes. He was after blood.

"Oh, Elliott gave me permission or are you saying he isn't your Alpha?" Blake replied and got a slap in the face as an answer. Dale chuckled from the behind and told Mark to do it again. Mark just smirked at that. Blake held back his tears while furiously refusing to look away.

"He is challenging you. It can't be helped. He needs to learn his lesson," some of the other guys said.

"I agree with you. Let's send him to the hospital like the other witches," Mark replied. He leaned closer. "I'm breaking your legs."

"Better break his hands instead. I've heard that he is some fancy artist. I bet he will cry a river over losing his hands!" Dale said with a sadistic smile and clapped his hands. Blake felt sick and tried to shout for help, but Mark covered his mouth.

"There's the fear. Seems like we have a winner," Mark grabbed hold of Blake's wrist and applied pressure.

Blake tried to let out a scream as the pain hit him but wasn't able. He scratched Mark until his own fingers bled but Mark only laughed at his struggle. Blake tears flowed as he thought of losing his hands and he could hear laughter echo in his head as he remembered his past. "Are you crying, fag?"

Someone ripped Mark off him and Blake watches as Mark was sent flying straight down on one of the tables which broke because of the fall. The others looked in horror as Jaxon stood in front of them. He was somewhere in the middle of human and a wolf as he had started to transform. His body was covered in fur colored like obsidian and a head like a wolf. Blake felt his heart race as he saw the familiar sight. A black wolf.

Before he could think his legs had started to move on their own and he ran with every bit of strength he could muster. He heard Jaxon call his name, but he would not listen as fear guided every step he took. Blake was almost by the Conservatory when Jaxon grabbed onto his hand and pulled him in.

Blake let out a cry as his hand hurt because of his nails which were still bleeding from his struggle with Mark. Jaxon removed his hand quickly in surprise but saw the blood and Blake's swollen wrist. He let out a growl and Blake backed away in fright. Jaxon went quiet and lifted his hands to show that he didn't mean any harm. "Woah there, . I didn't mean to scare you. I just wanted to make sure that you-"

"Get away from me!"

"What? What is it? I won't hurt you!"

Blake shook his head in denial. He tried to calm his mind, but he was having a panic attack.

"I... You... You are a black wolf!"

Jaxon seemed to be confused by that statement before he realized what Blake was saying.

"What? No! I'm not... Well, I am a black wolf. But not THAT black wolf. I mean, sure, I thought I was for a while because I keep having dreams about chasing a white rabbit."

"What white rabbit?"

"Well, you remind me of a white rabbit and-"

Blake was ready to run again, and Jaxon scratched his head in frustration.

"This is not helping!"

He took a step closer, but Blake backed away and started to hyperventilate. "Stay away, stay away, stay away!" Blake cried and started to pull his hair.

"Stop weeping like a baby, fag!"

Blake wanted to shout out as he was haunted by his past. He feels Jaxon trying to calm him, but his voice was beyond reach. Then he felt something.

Something warm touched his lips and he stared into two glowing blue eyes. Blue... Not golden. Blue like the sky. Blake whimpered against Jaxon's lips and he pulled away. "I'm so sorry! That wasn't... I shouldn't have-"

"Blue," Blake sniveled, and Jaxon stared at him with a confused frown.

"What?"

"Your eyes glowed blue."

"Well, yeah. Shifters have the same color in their animal form as their human form. Mine are blue so are my wolf eyes."

Blake shakily laughed at that and wiped away his tears. "The wolf that attacked me had golden eyes."

Jaxon went quiet before giving him a smile. "Most have. That means that they have brown eyes when they are human."

Blake nodded and before he could think he fell into Jaxon's strong and comforting arms. Blake could feel Jaxon stiffen for a second before holding him close to his heart which was beating fast, but Blake didn't want to comment on it. "I'm sorry for all that you have to endure. I should have kept you safe."

"Don't be silly. None of this is your fault," Blake sniffed but he could hear himself and he hardly sounded convincing.

He was just about to continue when he felt Jaxon freeze. Blake looked up and noticed Jaxon watching something behind him. Blake's eyes grew wide when he heard a growl. He turned around and stared into two bright, yellow eyes and a gaping mouth filled with sharp fangs.

The black wolf stared back.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 197 45
: ̗̀➛ ⌜⛓⌟ RavenWood Academy | Fear of the Unknown "He's no demon... He's a Prince from Hell" ˋ°•*⁀➷ Presents . . . Rave...
144 4 6
It has been almost eight years since Princess Midna Blacksun disappeared and fifteen year old Sophie Silverthorne is just starting her second year of...
358 65 59
Eighteen years before the events that take place at the Moonblood Clan, Laura Harper runs away from home to start over from an incident that nearly c...
218 20 17
Welcome to the Unknown Kingdom; the Bewitched Kingdom. A land that doesn't just flourish with magic but ruled with it. Phoenix is seventeen, granted...