Poison

By wordsareinfectious

Jessica Hamilton has always known that secrets are poisonous. Secrets ruined her family. Secrets ruined her r... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
A/N!
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12

Chapter 9

20 0 0
By wordsareinfectious

Peter and I had spent the last couple of weeks preparing to go to Paris. He knew the general area where Liam was staying and he explained a little bit of what he was trying to do. I didn't really understand it, but I was just happy he was allowing us to do this.

I was so nervous when the plane took off and I stared out the window the majority of the time, thinking about Rosie and the ache in my chest. I couldn't wait to see Liam.

As soon as the plane touched down in Paris, my nerves were going haywire again. Peter sat next to me; calm, cool, and collected as usual. I was so nervous, but I didn't want to let him know that. I had spent all this time convincing him that I could handle this, that I was capable. I wasn't about to back down now.

I was tingling all over, anticipating what seeing Liam would be like. I was so excited to see him again, to breathe the same air as him again, and to be on the receiving end of that smile. I sighed, my nerves calming down a little. I was still nervous, but now I was nervous to see Liam, and those feelings took over my entire being. I didn't know what I would do when I saw him. Would I run into his arms? Would anything be like I imagined it in my head?

Peter and I left the airport in record time and checked into our hotel.

"Listen, Jessica, there's a good chance we might not be able to find him. You can't get disappointed." Peter warned, sounding like my father. This, of course, annoyed me.

"You said yourself you knew where this 'deal' was going down." I said, putting air quotes around the word 'deal', cause I still had no idea what it meant. I was trying to keep my cool. I had come such a long way since that day 5 months ago when I showed up at the gym looking for Liam.

"Things change. I can't know for sure if the whole plan is going to be exactly the same." Peter explained. I sighed and flopped back onto my bed.

"Well, let's hope nothing changed." I said wearily. Traveling always made me tired. Not to mention the time change that would have my body all out of whack in no time. I rolled onto my side, facing away from Peter, and just lay there, thinking. I was so scared, so nervous.

"Better get some sleep. Tomorrow's going to be a long day." Peter warned, and I knew he was right. I just couldn't get a grip on myself. I wanted Liam to be safe. I wanted to be with him. I needed him to tell me all the things that he wanted to tell me. I missed him just as much as I did the first day he left. I wanted everything to be perfect, but I knew it wouldn't be. I fell asleep, dreamed about Liam, and woke up the next morning. But it felt like it had been 5 minutes. Peter had opened the curtains so the sunlight burned my eyes. I heard the shower running and groaned. I wanted to yell at him for leaving the curtains open, but when I rolled over and looked at the clock I was glad that he had.

It was 8:30 in the morning, meaning it was 2:30am back home. No wonder it felt like I had gotten no sleep. I sat up, groggily rubbing my eyes and yawning. It's a new day. I was going to see Liam today.

That woke me up.

I'm going to see Liam today.

I grinned to myself and stared out the window, lost in my thoughts again.

"I know that look... Don't get your hopes up, Jessica." Peter's voice broke through my wonderful daydreams. I looked up to find him dressed in a white t shirt and blue jeans. If I wasn't so incredibly crazy about Liam, I wouldn't mind giving Peter a second look. He was tall, handsome and very muscular. He was witty, funny and level-headed. And after Dylan, a level-headed guy was what I needed in my life. I shuddered at the thought of Dylan.

I didn't even respond to Peter. I just shook my head and scooped my outfit up in my arms, heading for the shower. I needed to wash away the layer of grit and grime that had accumulated on the flight and in the cheap motel bed. I was finally finished showering and getting dressed In my black leggings and black v-neck when I heard a knock at the door.

I froze, staying completely still, and listened. I heard Peter's footsteps walk past the bathroom door, then stop, presumably at the front door. I heard the latch click and the door open a little bit.

"Can I help you?" I heard Peter's muffled voice. I held my breath. But I didn't hear anything. Then suddenly, the was a loud thump against the wall. I jumped, and my heart raced.

What the hell?

I wanted to go out and look, but I knew it wasn't a good idea.

Stay hidden, stay out of sight, and don't let anyone know how much you want to get to Liam.

Those were Peter's instructions if we were to go on this trip.

I heard muffled voices.

"You said there was another one. A girl." One of them said. It was a man, and I didn't have to guess to know that the other was probably a man, as well.

"Don't hurt her. Father would like to see what he does with her." I strained my ears to hear that. The voice sounded familiar, but I couldn't quite place it. I racked my brain, but came up with nothing. I looked quickly around the tiny bathroom. There was nowhere to hide, and I didn't know how much longer I had. I opted for hiding behind the bathroom door for a surprise attack. It was my only option.

Don't attack unless it's your last resort. We don't want bullets to start flying.

Peter's words echoed through my head. He'd be so proud that he's now haunting my thoughts every day. I held my breath as I heard the doorknob wiggle. It was still locked. They'd have to bust it open if they wanted to get in.

"It's locked." One of them said.

"So what?" The familiar voice. I closed my eyes, trying to remember.

My eyes flew open in recognition, just as the door burst open, breaking the lock. I shoved it back the way it came as hard as I could. I heard a grunt and saw a bald man fall and hit his head on the sink, nearly knocking him out. The door flew back and I turned my face away just in time for it to hit me. I breathed a sigh of relief, thanking my lucky stars that I didn't have a broken nose to deal with now. The door was being pushed against me, pinning me against the wall. I swung my arm, trying to hit whoever was pushing it. He suddenly grabbed my arm and pulled me out from behind the door, pinning my arms behind me. I struggled, but realized it was no use. If I got away, what would I do? Run? They'd just catch me. No, it was easier to go willingly.

"Hello, Jessica. How are you?" That familiar voice that was once comforting was now sinister. I tried to hide my surprise.

"Alexander," I began. "I didn't think that this was really your style."

He chuckled his famous chuckle.

"Ah, sweetheart, we can't always believe what seems to be true." He taunted me. His friend got up off of the floor and stomped toward me, his hands in fists. I shrunk back almost unnoticeably.

"Barry!" Alexander yelled. 'Barry' was just inches from my face. His breathing was labored, obviously angry. His eyes flicked up to Alexanders face.

"What do we do with her?" He growled.

"We're taking her to the warehouse. My father would like to see her. Unharmed." Alexander said calmly, yet he had a warning tone. He pulled me out the bathroom door, Barry following close behind, but not without a struggle. I tried to thrash around in his arms, making it as difficult as possible. Barry opened the door to the room, and Alexander dragged me out the door. Before it closed I heard Peter stirring and groaning.

"Peter! There's a warehouse!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. "They're taking me to a ware-" The door slammed and that was all I got out. Alexander slapped his hand over my mouth, silencing me. I have to admit - it hurt a little bit. Barry looked a little nervous.

"Should I go back?" He asked, glancing over his shoulder.

"No. He'll never find us." Alexander assured him. But I knew he was wrong. Peter already knew the general location where Victor was hiding out and running his operation. We went down the back stairs and outside to a waiting car. It had tinted windows, just as I expected. I was shoved into the backseat and squeezed in between Alexander and Barry, now known as my kidnappers. A black cloth bag was placed over my head.

"Really?" I asked. Now probably wasn't the time to be sarcastic, but I couldn't help myself. "I can barely get around Boston, and you think I'm going to remember the streets and neighborhoods of a foreign country?"

"Shut up." Barry snapped. I just rolled my eyes, even though no one could see me. We were driving for a while, and I accidentally kept nodding off. It had been a long flight, and a short night of sleep. I lost all sense of time.

Finally, I was jolted awake. The car wasn't moving anymore. Alexander ripped the bag off of my head, and I had to squint in the sunlight, even while still inside the car. Everyone opened their doors and I was pulled out of the car. I landed to my feet on the concrete with a thud. I looked at the sky, and the sun was right above us. It must have been eleven, at least. That means we were in the car for over an hour. I took in the building and was surprised. There were actually people here. And they were working.

I guess I was pretty naive to think that all drug lords were the same as every one I've seen in movies, but to be honest I never really thought about it.

I never needed to think about it.

Until now.

Alexander took my arm lightly, knowing I'd never try to get away now. He led me inside with Barry on the other side of me, and the driver ahead of us, carrying a big gun. I gulped. This was serious. We went inside and it took my eyes a minute to adjust.

Once they did, I took in everything I could. There were people everywhere: carrying large boxes, packaging the large boxes, working with machinery, and amongst all of this, large men were milling around carrying large guns. I had a feeling that all of this was highly illegal.

But for once, I kept my mouth shut.

We were led into a back room and the door shut behind us. It was dark, but we kept walking. Another door opened and I was pulled inside. They sat me in a chair and tied my hands behind it, binding them to the chair as well. My heart was racing, I was scared, but I tried to remain calm. Next, they tied my legs to the chair legs. Then, the light flipped on. It was just Alexander and I in the room. I looked around. All of the walls were smooth, metal, and shiny. There were no windows except for the small door on the opposite side of the room which had a tiny window in it with bars running up and down. The hallway was as dark as it was when we came in.

"Someone will be in to talk to you." Alexander informed me.

"When?" I asked. He shrugged.

"Whenever they feel like it." He smirked, then turned the light off again. I heard the door open, then close.

I was alone.

I was tied to a chair.

And I had no idea if Peter knew where I was.

I didn't want to panic, I really didn't. But I did anyway. I suddenly couldn't breathe, my airways closing up and tears flooding into my eyes. My breath came in high-pitched gasps. I didn't want to be here. I shouldn't have come here.

I didn't know how long my panic attack lasted. But soon, I was breathing normally again. I hung my head, tears dropping onto my legs, and eventually fell asleep.

I awoke to the door banging open and the light flooding my vision. I squinted, and saw Alexander and another man walk into the room. I assumed it was his father, Victor. He was in his mid-fifties, with dark, graying hair and a fancy suit on. He was surprisingly clean cut and there were no visible scars on his face. Another misconception I had about drug lords.

"Jessica Hamilton." He said, his voice had a slight French accent to it. I guess spending the better part of your life in France dealing drugs has an effect.

I didn't respond.

"Jessica, let me cut right to the chase, here. I don't want to hurt you. I really don't. But if you can't tell us what you know, then I will be forced to make you." He explained. I was confused at this point.

"Tell you what I know about what?" I asked. My voice was groggy and dry. I was severely thirsty and hadn't had any water in a long time. I had no idea what time it was, how long I had been here, or what happened after they put me here.

"Liam Tyler's operation here in France." Victor said.

Liam Tyler. That name echoed in my mind. I had never learned his last name. Now I had.

Liam Tyler.

Jessica Tyler.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I said, swallowing the non-existent moisture in my mouth. Victor pulled a gun from the back of his waist band.

"Maybe this will spark your knowledge." He said, cocking the gun and pointing it at me.

"I have no idea! I swear. He never told me anything!" I cried, trying not to panic. I needed to do some fast talking if I was going to get out of being shot not even 24 hours after being here. It would be the shortest hostage situation in the history of the world, and wouldn't that be humiliating. I could see it already: Jessica Hamilton, the girl who couldn't stay alive for just 24 hours after being kidnapped.

What a failure.

"Are you sure about that?" Victor asked, pressing the barrel of the gun to the bottom of my jaw. His face was so close I probably could've licked it.

"Yes, yes, I promise." I whispered, my heart pounding. He backed off and flipped the safety of his gun on.

"Then what do you know about him being here? Why did he come here? Why did you come here?" Victor asked.

"I don't know what he came here for." Okay, so that was only a little lie. "I came here to find him, to bring him home." I said. That was the 100% truth. Victor smirked at me.

"He's not going home, sweetheart." He said.

"Why not?" I asked, trying to sound innocent.

"Because if I ever see that bastard, I'm going to shoot him on the spot." Victor said. He then walked out and slammed the door. I hung my head, trying not to cry in front of Alexander. He didn't leave, though. My eyes filled up with tears as I waited for him to walk out and turn the light off, leaving me with the darkness. I sniffed louder than I should have.

"Tell me what you know, Jessica." Alexander's voice rang in the empty room. It sounded a little less intimidating. It almost sounded kind.

"I don't know anything," I said, my voice thick with un shed tears. "Liam didn't tell me anything about this stuff."

"Then what did he tell you about? I know you spent a lot of time together!" Alexander asked, his voice rising. My head flew up to look him in his dark eyes.

"His family, his favorite color, his favorite food, his favorite movie. Things that actually matter to him. Not you and your psychopathic personal life." I said, remembering my time spent with Liam. It seemed like a lifetime ago. And now, here I was, in the same city as him, yet still so far away.

Alexander just smirked.

"We matter more to him than you ever will, Jessica dear." Alexander said. I didn't respond and just hung my head again, using my hair to shield my face. Eventually Alexander left and shut the light off again. As soon as the door clicked shut I let the tears fall. I cried for what seemed like hours. I just wanted Liam to come save me. I wanted anybody to come save me. But it looked like that wasn't happening anytime soon.

We matter more to him than you ever will.

I wondered if that was true.

I didn't even feel myself falling asleep, but I woke up a while later to my back and arms aching. The door creaked open slowly and I heard footsteps click across the metal floor.

"Hello?" I choked out. My voice was even more dry than before. I was extremely dehydrated.

"Shh. I'm just here to give you some water." A voice whispered. It was definitely a man, but I didn't know who it was. It didn't sound like a voice I had ever heard before. I felt a cool glass press to my dry lips. I tilted my head back and let the cold water flow down my throat. It felt amazing to drink it. I gulped down the water as fast as I could, and then it was gone. I was still thirsty, but at least now I knew I wouldn't die.

"Thank you." I whispered, hanging my head back down so I could drift off again. I didn't get a response but heard the door open then close again. My savior was gone.

~.~.~

I jolted awake to the door slamming. The light blazed on and I saw Barry walking towards me. Alexander was standing a little farther back. Barry marched towards me.

"Victor needs you to tell us what you know about Liam. Everything about his operation here." He demanded, staring me down. I stared back at him.

"I already told him that I don't know anything - and it's true." I said. Barry's fist suddenly made contact with my cheek, sending my chair on two legs. I felt myself falling in slow motion, then I hit the floor. the back of the chair smashed my bicep and my head hit the floor. I felt blood trickling down my forehead where I had hit the floor, and tried to hold back tears. I lay there with my eyes closed, trying to regain my senses. That had hurt - bad. My head and cheek immediately started throbbing and I could tell there would be a bruise left on my cheek, as well as a decent size cut on my head.

"Barry! What the hell is wrong with you!" Alexander yelled, his deep, menacing voice sending shivers up my spine. I don't know how I ever saw him as a friend.

"I'm doing what Victor told me!" Barry exclaimed.

"He didn't say to kill her. Get out. Now." Alexander ordered in a loud, authoritative voice. Barry obeyed, but grumbled the entire time. As soon as the door shut, Alexander hurried over to me and picked my chair up. He felt my head where it had hit the floor and I winced and closed my eyes as I saw blood on his fingers as he pulled them away. I felt dizzy and my vision was blurred for a minute.

"Are you okay?" He asked. I opened my eyes and glared at him.

"Why the hell would you care?" I asked. He just looked a little regretful and straightened up.

"Don't go to sleep. You could have a concussion." He instructed.

"Good, then I'll finally have a way out of here." I said.

"You're not going to a hospital." Alexander said.

"I meant if I die." I said, staring him in the eyes. He looked surprised.

"Jessica..." He began, his voice softening. I thought I saw a little bit of remorse in his eyes.

"Leave." I said, closing my eyes again. He sighed.

"Don't sleep." He said.

"Just go!" I nearly screamed, my eyes flying open to glare at him. He just held his hands up in defeat and left the room, turning the light off as he went. I waited for a little while just to make sure that he was gone, and finally let myself cry. My face hurt, my head hurt, my arm hurt, my back was aching even more than a little while ago and my legs were getting stiff. I was hungry, tired, thirsty, and very discouraged. It had been at least two days since I had been kidnapped, and I hadn't heard any commotion about anyone trying to find me. I slumped down a little in my chair, wishing that Liam could save me and that I could get out of this mess. But I had a feeling that I wouldn't be getting out of here anytime soon.

The next one of my made up 'days' went by slowly. Nobody came in to give me a drop of water, nobody came in to beat me into talking, and no one came to taunt me. I was completely alone. Alexander probably figured that I had willingly died in my sleep and didn't care enough to check. I had fought to stay awake for the past few hours, but I was losing it now. My eyes slipped closed for a second and then I jerked them back open.

"You can't fall asleep, Jessica." I whispered to myself. I scolded myself mentally for talking out loud. I was surely going to go insane if I stayed in here any longer. After a few more hours of solitude, the door was opened and the light flipped on. It was Victor. He was alone.

"Well, well, well. Alexander was right. Barry did get you good." He said, running his thumb over my swollen and bruised cheek, making me wince. The blood on my face had dried and it felt weird to talk.

"What do you want?" I asked, my voice tired. He took out a knife, and immediately my heart rate increased. He walked around behind me and I expected him to put the knife to my neck. Instead, he cut the ropes binding my hands. I pulled my hands in front of me to examine them, my shoulders immediately relaxing. My wrists were bleeding and burned from the ropes, and my hands were aching from being in the same position for so long. I flexed and relaxed them, trying to get the feeling back, and my wrists protested.

I didn't dare say or do anything while Victor cut my legs free. I had no idea what was happening, but I didn't care. I just needed to get up and walk. My legs felt like jelly as my heart continued to beat rapidly, excited for this opportunity to be out in the sunlight again. Victor took my arm and helped me stand. I wobbled for a second, my head feeling airy and light as well as extremely painful. My cheek was throbbing and I was exhausted. When I tried to move my arm, it turned out that my bicep had been a little more damaged than I previously thought. It was black, blue and purple, and it was difficult to move. I was hungry, dehydrated, and beat up. I didn't know how much more I could take.

Victor led me forward, out the door, and into the dark hallway. My heart beat so loud that I was sure he could hear it. We got outside and the sun was getting lower. It was probably around 4 o clock in the afternoon. I breathed in the fresh air and my heart lifted. I was out in the open again.

There were about 15 men with guns in front of me, and I heard voices talking. Victor led me towards them.

"Fine, if you won't tell us what you're here for, we'll make you." I heard Alexander say. Victor pushed me forward through the men with all the guns. He pushed my head down and forced me to my knees next to Alexander, who pressed the barrel of a gun to my head. I kept my eyes down, not wanting to look at the face of the man who was about to kill me. A tear escaped my eye, knowing this was my last moment.

"What would you say if we said we were going to kill her?" Alexander asked. I was confused. I looked up at him curiously, but he was looking straight ahead at someone else. I followed his gaze.

I couldn't believe it. I suddenly forgot how to breathe. My heart stuttered.

"Liam." I whispered, even though I was sure no one could hear me. There he was, in all his glory. His ocean-blue eyes, his sandy brown hair. His sexy body. Even though I hadn't slept for approximately 22 hours, I wouldn't mind not sleeping a few more, if it meant I got to enjoy Liam.

He just stared at me for a second before looking back at Alexander. His eyes widened almost unnoticeably, but then his face was completely emotionless. He shrugged.

"Kill her."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.5K 133 30
Ciara never been so wrong in her life. After she meets Trae, a multi millionaire drug dealer she experience love for the first time. As there relati...
505 16 20
Jessica falls in love with a psycho killer without knowing. She has witnessed several deaths in the time that they have been dating. She has figured...
1.7K 26 6
maria is a 19 year old who lives with Justin Bieber cause her mother is the housekeeper Justin and her never really talked but when they finally do t...
40K 935 42
Jessica Wilson and her small family suddenly moved to San Antonio. At first, she wanted nothing to do with Texas, until she met someone. She found he...