Chapter 9

Peter and I had spent the last couple of weeks preparing to go to Paris. He knew the general area where Liam was staying and he explained a little bit of what he was trying to do. I didn't really understand it, but I was just happy he was allowing us to do this.

I was so nervous when the plane took off and I stared out the window the majority of the time, thinking about Rosie and the ache in my chest. I couldn't wait to see Liam.

As soon as the plane touched down in Paris, my nerves were going haywire again. Peter sat next to me; calm, cool, and collected as usual. I was so nervous, but I didn't want to let him know that. I had spent all this time convincing him that I could handle this, that I was capable. I wasn't about to back down now.

I was tingling all over, anticipating what seeing Liam would be like. I was so excited to see him again, to breathe the same air as him again, and to be on the receiving end of that smile. I sighed, my nerves calming down a little. I was still nervous, but now I was nervous to see Liam, and those feelings took over my entire being. I didn't know what I would do when I saw him. Would I run into his arms? Would anything be like I imagined it in my head?

Peter and I left the airport in record time and checked into our hotel.

"Listen, Jessica, there's a good chance we might not be able to find him. You can't get disappointed." Peter warned, sounding like my father. This, of course, annoyed me.

"You said yourself you knew where this 'deal' was going down." I said, putting air quotes around the word 'deal', cause I still had no idea what it meant. I was trying to keep my cool. I had come such a long way since that day 5 months ago when I showed up at the gym looking for Liam.

"Things change. I can't know for sure if the whole plan is going to be exactly the same." Peter explained. I sighed and flopped back onto my bed.

"Well, let's hope nothing changed." I said wearily. Traveling always made me tired. Not to mention the time change that would have my body all out of whack in no time. I rolled onto my side, facing away from Peter, and just lay there, thinking. I was so scared, so nervous.

"Better get some sleep. Tomorrow's going to be a long day." Peter warned, and I knew he was right. I just couldn't get a grip on myself. I wanted Liam to be safe. I wanted to be with him. I needed him to tell me all the things that he wanted to tell me. I missed him just as much as I did the first day he left. I wanted everything to be perfect, but I knew it wouldn't be. I fell asleep, dreamed about Liam, and woke up the next morning. But it felt like it had been 5 minutes. Peter had opened the curtains so the sunlight burned my eyes. I heard the shower running and groaned. I wanted to yell at him for leaving the curtains open, but when I rolled over and looked at the clock I was glad that he had.

It was 8:30 in the morning, meaning it was 2:30am back home. No wonder it felt like I had gotten no sleep. I sat up, groggily rubbing my eyes and yawning. It's a new day. I was going to see Liam today.

That woke me up.

I'm going to see Liam today.

I grinned to myself and stared out the window, lost in my thoughts again.

"I know that look... Don't get your hopes up, Jessica." Peter's voice broke through my wonderful daydreams. I looked up to find him dressed in a white t shirt and blue jeans. If I wasn't so incredibly crazy about Liam, I wouldn't mind giving Peter a second look. He was tall, handsome and very muscular. He was witty, funny and level-headed. And after Dylan, a level-headed guy was what I needed in my life. I shuddered at the thought of Dylan.

I didn't even respond to Peter. I just shook my head and scooped my outfit up in my arms, heading for the shower. I needed to wash away the layer of grit and grime that had accumulated on the flight and in the cheap motel bed. I was finally finished showering and getting dressed In my black leggings and black v-neck when I heard a knock at the door.