Winds of Winter 。 Loki Laufey...

By pepperronys

❝ I LOVE THEE WITH A LOVE THAT SHALL NOT DIE. ❞ Marvel Cinematic Universe Pre-Thor - Thor: Ragnarok Loki L... More

WINDS OF WINTER
ACT ONE
1 - NO DENYING THE INEVITABLE
3 - TRIBULATION
4 - AFRAID TO FAIL
5 - CONSUMMATION CORONATION
6 - BRING HER HOME
7 - CAVERN
8 - BOYSENBERRY BUSHES
9 - LET IT GO
10 - FORMER GLORY
11 - FROZEN
12 - PLATINUM SCAR

2 - GOOD MOURNING

1.5K 111 115
By pepperronys

Early the next morning the artistic golden sun rose up to paint the dark, black sky a wonderful blue. The milky clouds were awoken by dawn's first light and began to travel around the sky, visiting every aspect of their wonderful environment that was Asgard's sky. This was Beira Edwindottir's favourite time of day, and once Skadi had been born it became her favourite time as well. The mother and daughter often would often watch the sun rise in the morning and then later watch it fall into the night. They found it peaceful.

Fresh crispy air started to whistle like an invisible ghost over the realm, and the majortity of species of birds fluttered from their nests to stretch their wings and sing their morning melody upon branches and balconies. The gardens stood beautiful and lushish, flowers in bloom all over ─ courtsey of the Horae goddesses and their seasonal powers ─ and the strong brown branches danced, welcoming the brand new day with much excitement; the delicate and countless green leaves whispered to each other about their morning plans.

The morning seemed so calming on this day that even Skadi Ullrdottir was in unusual high spirits, despite the predicament on hand with her mother. After speaking with Loki the day before and deciding that he was right, that she shouldn't give up on hope ─ that her mother could still rise up and fight her illness, she was going to do just that. So she pushed aside every dark and sad thought from her mind and filled them with beautiful memories instead, ones that made her happy.

She had woken early to get to the kitchen and prepare her mother a breakfast tray, a tray that was displayed in her arms as she walked down the many halls. It carried fresh strawberries, which she had taken time to pick herself, an arrangement of cheeses, some crispy and juicy, sizzling bacon and even some nice calming tea, such a strange combination to anyone else, but these three foods and beverage are only one of the many things in life that brings her mother joy. And as a woman fighting between life and death, Skadi believed that her mother deserved to eat whatever she wants.

Arriving outside the large, golden doors, Skadi balanced the tray on her left arm and used the other to push open the door. She peeked her head in and stared directly at the bed where she found her mother still asleep, which caused her to smile. It would be a nice wake up call, Skadi decided as she closed the door behind her and began to approach the bed. She set the tray down on chest at the end of her parents bed before heading towards the balcony. Her mother always did love the fresh morning air.

After opening up the balcony doors to allow the soft breeze to enter the room, the daughter of winter approached the bed with soft steps and a smile upon her face. She sat down and took her mother's hand. "Good morning, mother," she said, reaching forward to brush strands of platinum-blond from her mother's slim face. Her mother didn't move after she spoke, so she tried again, speaking louder this time.

"Mother," she sang happily, "I've brought you breakfast. Come on now, you must eat so you can take your medicines."

When her mother didn't respond again, all of Skadi's happiness seemed to vanish all together. Her heart began to race in fear and she sucked in a sharp breath. Her wide, fearful eyes stared at her mother's chest for several moments and not once did she see it rise and fall. Her hands began to tremble. Leaning down, Skadi decided to press her ear against her mother's torso, listening closely for a heartbeat. One, two, three, four ─ a full minute of absolute stillness passed by, causing the daughter to rise up and heave out a sob from her trembling lips.

"No, no, no, no," she continued to sob while cupping her mother's face in her hands, shaking her desperately as if that would cause her heart to start beating again. But even that didn't work because Shiva was dead and there was no bringing her back, no matter what Skadi tried to do.

"Somebody help! Please! Help me!" The pleading screams that escaped her lips hurt her throat but Skadi didn't seem to care about that pain, for her heart was taking on a new one that made her feel like she couldn't even breathe. By now, hot tears had begun to roll down her cheeks as she shook her mother, pleading to every God in the universe to bring her back to life or to at least allow her heart to restore motion for a few more moments so that she could say a proper good-bye. So that she could hear her mother say those four words to her one more time.

I love you, Skadi.

She would do anything to hear those four words again.

Skadi hadn't even realized that the help she was screaming for had arrived until a pair of arms slithered around her waist and gently pried her away from her mother. She didn't know who it was, nor did she really care, as her eyes never left her mother the entire time she was being pulled backwards. Through her blurry vision, she was able to see her father kneel beside her mother and caress her cheek before leaning down to touch his forehead with hers, dread swimming in his deep brown eyes.

"Sif," a voice spoke softly. Only then did Skadi realize that it was her friend Sif who was holding her back all this time. The voice, however, belonged to Loki.

With a nod, Sif moved back and allowed Loki to step forward. He approached cautiously, as if coming upon a wild beast that could kill him. After all, grief was unstable. It could break a soul and shatter it into pieces, leaving a person feeling hollow and only untamable rage. But when Skadi didn't show any sign of anger and only sadness as her body continued to tremble with each loud sob, he finally wrapped her in his arms.

Skadi fell into him, her tears soaking his tunic and her hands balling into fists as she hugged him tightly. Her body felt entirely too weak under the pain her heart enduring, so weak that it caused Skadi to sink to their knees. She brought Loki down with her, whose gentle and loving hold on her never faultered even as they fell together onto the hard floor.

Unlike the day before and in the garden by Skadi's favourite fountain, Loki didn't whisper soothing words into her ear because he knew that she couldn't hear them anyway. Not with the loud sobs that would surely make him go deaf. Nor would they even help at all in this moment. Instead, Asgard's prince remained silent, simply rocking the woman he loves gently while caressing a hand through her platinum hair and up and down her spine.

。。。

That night, all of Asgard had come together to honour their fallen Horae. Beira Edwindottir had been a kind and compassionate woman; she would never be forgotten by anyone and would remain a legend as the most promising Winter Godess to serve along the Horae. Many knew that she would be the most honourable and impressive Winter Goddess to serve the moment that she had consumed her powers at the Consummation Coronation in the ceremonial courtyard outside the Palace of the Horae.

Skadi stood next to her father with Loki still offering further support on her other side. While her father had been occupied all day arranging the funeral with Odin Allfather, Loki never once left her side ─ and to be quite honest she was entirely thankful that he hadn't, for she really didn't want to be alone after finding her mother dead. Skadi wondered if her mother was already dead when her father kissed her this morning before leaving to train the Asgardian army, or if she had died after. Not that it really mattered, for in the end her mother was still gone.

Next to Ullr stood the three Horae Goddesses, Ostara, Iduna and Emblr, all of whom were crying silent tears with pained expressions for the loss of their fallen sister. The Horae, with all the time they spend together, truly were a family of their own.

On the otherside of Loki, stood Thor and Frigga, the pair holding grim expressions, the Allmother even shedding many tears for the realm's great loss. Asgard's Queen has shared so many blissful moments with her dear friend Shiva; she would miss her terribly now that she was gone. Glancing toward Skadi, the woman frowned at the crestfallen expression on the young woman's face. She desperately wished that such a pure soul like Skadi didn't have to suffer from such pain. But the mother then smiled when she watched Loki take Skadi's hand and intertwine their fingers together, causing Skadi to move closer and place her head on his shoulder. In response, Loki pressed a tender kiss to her platinum hair, then leaned his cheek against her head. It always warmed her heart to see the love that the pair silently shared.

Also surrounding Skadi and Ullr were their friends. Ullr's lieutenants and soldiers that he has trained for ages now stood beyond him and Sif and the Warriors Three stood beyond Skadi. The grieving family appreciated their comfort even if no words had been spoken between them, for nothing needed to be said ─ they knew. They knew.

When Beira's boat began to float down the river, Skadi felt her tears return. Loki squeezed her hand, a reminder that he will always be here for her. She squeezed back. After a few moments passed where she simply stood, watching her mother leave her for good, a single arrow from a soldier Ullr Damionson himself trained hit the boat and lit it with dancing flames.

As the boat neared the edge of the waterfall, Odin Allfather slammed his scepter into the ground. With a burst of light and the falling of the flaming boat, Beira Edwindottir's soul morphed into bright, sparkling stars that soared up into the sky, becoming a brand new constellation that would light their darkness along with the other Winter Goddesses and fallen Asgardians.

I love you, mother, Skadi thought as her new tears fell, always.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

a/n: I don't know about you guys, but the fact that Frigga and Beira love the way that their son and daughter are hopelessly in love with each other really warms my freaking heart??

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.1K 854 20
❝WE'RE GONNA BE TIMELESS.❞ In which the Goddess of Love and War finds some of that love she's been busy spreading to everyone else. [The Fi...
18.8K 865 21
Midgard is very different from the other Nine Realms. Odin and Frigga decide to wed Loki to a Midgardian to bring peace to the realm, for that they w...
13.3K 539 35
EMPEROR'S NEW GROOVE || © sunfliers Started: 9/3/20 Published: 8/5/21 Completed: TBD A "Earth 942" Book Thor Odinson x Original Character Cover By: @...