once // calum hood

By kristxn

don't forget that you loved me once // continuation/sequel to Talk Fast Started on January 1, 2019 Ended Jun... More

Playlist
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
Authors Note/Concepts

16

4K 83 25
By kristxn

don't forget you can send me songs to add to the playlist for this book :)

Almost a month later, we have a week and a half left until Spring Break. Hayden had out of town plans with her college friends, and I was invited, but I figured I'd use the time to surprise Calum or something, who knows. 

Up until this point, Calum had really been spoiling me with daily calls and texts. He even sent flowers about a week ago. I think he was still worried. During the fight that he and Hayden had, he said he noticed that my sleeping habits were probably declining. They were at the time, but over the last month, I've been making an effort to fix them. It helps that Hayden is here too, I don't jump at every bump in the night.

Over the last week, I hadn't really heard from Calum. I got a text occasionally with his plan for the day followed by a "promise we'll talk soon, I love you." always. I appreciated that he spent the time to let me know he was thinking about me, although I missed him a lot.

So far I had seen him once every month, but it's almost the middle of March, and if his schedule doesn't let up any I don't know if I'd be able to see him over spring break. Not that it was necessary, I still have no job, so honestly, I could go see him any time I wanted. It just felt more convenient to do it while Hayden would also be gone. 

I didn't really have anything to do today, so I thought I might go over to my parent's house and give them my new rent check early. It felt like it'd be better to tell them in person that I have a roommate now, and since they technically own the place, I need to plan our interaction carefully. 

Today is Saturday so I was almost positive Lucas would be there. As much as he got on my nerves, I kind of missed him. He's nearly fourteen, so I'm sure my parents will get him a phone soon, and that means we'll be able to talk more often. 

As I was digging through my clothes to find my jeans and a regular t-shirt, I hear my phone vibrate against my nightstand. Calum was FaceTiming me. 

"Hey Cal, what's up?" He usually doesn't call me during this time of day. There was a lot of background noise, and the phone looked like it was aimed at his collarbone. From what I could tell, he was wearing a gray tank top.

"Just a second, we need to talk about something, but I have to find somewhere quiet first." 

"Oh, that sounds lovely." I laugh, getting a little bit nervous. His face appears on the screen.

"Don't worry, T, nothing to get all worked up over." I can hear his breathing, and I'm assuming he's jogging lightly. 

"Where are you?" I find a shirt in my closet and slip it over my head. 

Calum opens a door and then says, "Whoops, sorry!"

He opens another door and peeks inside before he steps all the way inside. It's dark for a second before the lights flip on. 

"The arena we're playing a show at tonight. We just got done with soundcheck. I'm alone now." Cal sighs before he finally smiles at me. 

"Hi baby, I missed you. I'm sorry we haven't talked a lot in this last week." 

I blush and give him a small smile. "That's alright, I've known that you were bound to get busy at some point. We've been lucky up to this point. I miss you more. What did you want to talk about?"

"Oh yeah, that. Are you busy right now?" 

"Not really. I don't have plans for the day, so I was thinking about taking my rent check to my parents early. I kind of want to see Lucas and Asher. Asher should be walking by now." I shrug, moving into the living room and sitting down on the couch. 

"Have you told them that Hayden moved in with you?" 

"No, I also have to tell them that. They own the place so I probably should've asked first. Why are you distracting me from what you wanted to talk about?" I ask, narrowing my eyes at him. He shakes his head. 

"Don't shoot down the idea as soon as you hear it, okay? Just let me say it, and then we can go from there." Calum takes a deep breath, and I nod, he's acting kind of weird. 

"So I told you that Mali is staying at my house while I'm on tour and stuff. She has to leave at the end of the week that would be your spring break, and I need someone to take care of Duke until I get back." He pauses, and I think for a second. 

"I mean, I don't know anyone in California who would be close enough to stay there but Hayden might. Or I guess Duke could come to stay with me, but I don't know if you can just fly a dog somewhere?" I press my lips together and hum a little bit, trying to think of any other possibilities. I'm interrupted by Calum chuckling.

"I love you, but sometimes you're oblivious. I'm asking you to stay there. I know it's a lot to process. I got you a plane ticket for the Friday before spring break starts and that means you'll have a little over a week with Mali so she can show you how everything works and get you settled." His face is hopeful, but I'm in shock. Moving across the country and living by myself in an unfamiliar place?

"Oh wow... What about Hayden? She hasn't been here that long, it feels wrong to say I'm leaving. My parents may not even let her stay here. You're right. It's a lot to ask." I'm glad that I was already sitting down because if I hadn't been, I might have fallen over.

"Hayden and I talked about it, but I'll let you talk to her yourself." 

I put my hand on my forehead and groan. "When did you even talk to Hayden?"

"When we argued, but she'll tell you the details when you ask her. I want you to know that you can tell me no, I can find someone else. There's no pressure."

"I'm going to say this now to get it out of the way. It's not that I wouldn't want to move in with you, but moving into your house without you is different. What if Duke doesn't even like me? And what if Hayden can't stay here? Then I won't have an apartment to come back to in June." A small smile plays at my lips and Calum chuckles. 

"Duke hasn't ever met anyone he doesn't like. He's the sweetest. As for June... I was kind of hoping you'd want to stay with me. If you don't want to officially move in, you could stay for the summer at least since you're usually in California then anyway. I bet your parents will let Hayden stay. I mean, the place is nice, and it's not like she'll skip rent or trash the furniture. I'm betting you didn't even tell them you had a roommate, so you have to do that too." 

I nod my head in response. "You're right, can you imagine my parents' faces? 'Oh, by the way, I got a roommate on your property without telling you, but now I'm leaving her here to go live in Calum's house in California. See ya!'. God, what am I going to tell them? Oh no. I couldn't even get a job here, what makes you think I can get one in LA? I mean I have savings, but I'm sure your rent and bills are like so much higher than what I'm paying now. There's no way I could afford to live in your house, Calum." I shake my head at him, running my fingers through my hair.

"Relax. The house was paid for outright, so I have no rent, but I do pay for bills, but that's all on me. I'm asking you to move across the country, and the least I could do is pay for your stuff." 

"No. There is no way I'm not paying for a single thing. I'll pay for my groceries and food or something. Even then, I'd have to find a job somewhere." I shrug, and he squints his eyes. 

"Well... I called my trainer at the gym I go to in LA. I didn't 100% get you a job because I  know that you probably wouldn't take it if you didn't get it on your own. He said when you get settled, you could come in for an interview if you want to and then you could go from there. So I started it, but it's in your hands from here on out. If you even want a job, but just another reminder that you don't have to have one." The door of the room he's in opens, and he turns his head to mumble something. Then the door shuts. 

"Duty calls?" I ask. Calum shrugs. 

"Technically yes, but also technically the show doesn't start for another two hours. I have time." I nod at him. 

"You better not get in trouble and then blame it on me later. Knowing you, you'd go back to the boys and be like, 'Sorry I'm late, you know how Teagan is.'" I make my voice deeper and wiggle my eyebrows, trying to imitate him. 

"You forgot the accent, T." He says, purposely exaggerating his Australian accent that isn't always as thick as it used to be. 

"I'm not even going to attempt, you'd shit on it so hard." I laugh, and so does he. 

"Anyway, I want you to think about it. The ticket is refundable so if you decide you don't want to or if you want to leave sooner than that let me know and I'll take care of it. Okay?" He dips his head to look right into the camera, and I nod. 

"Where are you going now? Can you take me to see the boys? I miss them too." I pout, Calum rolls his eyes. 

"Wow, I ask you to move into my house, and you only want to see my friends." He stands up and pushes the chair he was in back to the table. I hear the door open and shut. He flips the camera so I can see where he's going. 

"No let me see your face I haven't talked to you in a week, and I miss you," I whine, and I hear Calum chuckle before he switches the camera back to his face. 

"That's really cute, but damn you're demanding. First, it's, 'let's go see the boys,' and then it's, 'wait I have to see your face,' what's next? Nothing involving nudity, I hope. I'm in public." Calum winks at me, and I roll my eyes.

"I wasn't even thinking about nudity, but it's obvious that you were." I shake my head and give him a disapproving look. 

"Hell yeah, have you seen your body? How can I not think about it, God. Your skin is always so soft, and I love the sounds you make when I leave little love bites on your chest. Oh, and we can't forget what happened on FaceTime that one time, fuck. I can't wait to see you again, I'll fuck-"

"Stop it. You're only working yourself up, and you'll regret it afterward." I say in a sing-song tone. Trying to hide the fact that I wanted him to keep going.

Calum stops walking and narrows his eyes at me. With a hushed tone, e says, "So thinking about me pressed up against you with one hand on your throat and the other fingering your wet, tight pussy does nothing for you?" 

My lips are parted slightly as I gasp. Calum smirks at me, and I can feel myself blushing. 

"That's what I thought." 

He continues to walk, and it isn't long until he enters another room. I automatically recognize the music that's playing, it's probably from Ashton's playlist. I try to lower my body temperature in preparation of talking to them, it's probably really easy to tell when I'm flustered. "Hey boys, Teagan wanted to say hi."

I hear some shuffling before the music is turned down slightly. Three other heads pop onto the screen, and I laugh. "Hi boys! I miss you all!"

"She didn't even tell me she missed me earlier." Calum pouts, and Luke ruffles his hair. 

"Cheer up Cal, I know she misses you after I overheard one of your FaceTime calls," Luke smirks, and my jaw drops. 

"Nevermind, I take it back. I don't miss any of you, and I'm hanging up." 

"What! Be mad at Luke, Mike and I did nothing wrong." Ashton giggles and I shrug. 

"I actually have to go anyway. There is something important I have to think about. Right, Cal?" I raise one eyebrow, and he smiles so big that I swear I feel my heart rate increase on the spot.

"Right. Love you, baby, we'll talk soon." Calum blows me a kiss and right before he hangs up I hear, "Bro did you fucking propose?"

I laugh to myself, sending a few texts to Hayden. 

To: FROOMIE4LIFE
HAYDEN IM GOING TO KILL YOU
how could u NOT TELL ME cal wants me to move ACROSS THE COUNTRY
u better come home so we can talk about this 

From: FROOMIE4LIFE
he just texted me that he told you lmao
IM ON MY WAY HOME 

+++++

in case ur wondering, froomie means friend/roommate lol I don't know if that's something that widely known or just in my area

I was going to wait and see if I could add the next chapter to this one depending on how long it is but I didn't get it done in time so this one is just a little short.

Also, I possibly may go back to two updates a week?? I'm thinking about Tuesdays and Fridays... What do you think? (were those my old update days?? lmao I can't even remember)

So I turned my Instagram into one of those text imagine accounts, check it out! kr.stxn // I post at least once a day right now!

don't forget to comment and vote

I'll see you next Tuesday!! 

ily
Kristen

this authors note was SO LONG I'm sorry I'm annoying I love u all SO MUCH

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48K 866 110
βœ§γ€€γ€€γ€€ ⋆ γ€€γ€€ Β· * . Β· . γ€€ γ€€ * γ€€γ€€ γ€€ γ€€ . γ€€γ€€ γ€€γ€€ γ€€γ€€ * . γ€€ γ€€ . Β·γ€€ . γ€€ Β· γ€€γ€€γ€€ . γ€€ γ€€ γ€€ γ€€ γ€€ *γ€€ Β· γ€€γ€€γ€€ γ€€ . Β· γ€€ Β· + γ€€. γ€€ γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€ Β· ** ˚ γ€€γ€€γ€€ γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€.. γ€€ . . γ€€ γ€€γ€€γ€€ Β· +...
130K 1.7K 63
β€’in which, after being used a fanfic, Maisie Turner never expected the popularity that followedβ€’ started: april 6th, 2019 ended: september 8th, 2019 ...
72.8K 2.4K 38
'No questions. I won't ask you about your past, you won't ask about mine. The only past we talk about is ours. And no asking about my problems. Every...