Why is it You? [BTS Jungkook...

By winter_snow26

After Rian's mother died, she and her dad moved to Korea to start a new life. Attending Oaks Arts High, Rian... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Author's Note
Part of chapter 32
Summary of the Ending

Chapter 8

15.9K 506 162
By winter_snow26

Chapter 8

"Pain and Suffering are the soil of strength and courage"

~Lurlene McDaniel

Rian POV

Wait- let me get this straight- the idol, Jungkook, is going to help us on dancing? I swallow and stare at Teacher Hyun, hoping to see some lies behind her eyes. Unfortunately, she looks dead serious.

"What?" Jinyoo frowns as he stands up. "I don't need any help from him"

I stand up, frustrated that I can't argue back. Instead, I bite my lip and let out a soft, exhausted exhale. I do not want Jungkook to see and my awful dancing skills.

"No exceptions" Teacher Hyun spins around to face Jungkook, and gives him a bright smile. And just like that, she walks away to the other students, who are all ahead of us on the moves. I look at Jungkook who looks confused at first, but a smile quickly flashes on his face.

"Omo... I didn't know she asked me to come here to help you... but I guess I'll try" He says in Korean, making me groan a little. How am I supposed to learn when my own tutor sounds like a total alien to me?

"I'll translate for you" Jinyoo mutters but never leaves his angry eyes off Jungkook. I nod and we both walk to Jungkook with an uneasy feeling in our mind.

"Sorry, uh... No English" Jungkook points to himself as he shakes his head. I widen my eyes and nod slowly and sarcastically, and went to position. Jungkook has his back in front of us, making things a lot easier for me.

~a few minutes later~

"Wow, Rian!" Jungkook says to me when I finally do the dance moves. "Good!" He gives a high five, causing me to smile at the floor shyly. I tuck the small pieces of hair behind my ear and grin. I can't believe I actually did something that I thought was impossible for me to do.

Jungkook turns to Jinyoo, and his smile went down a little. "Jinyoo, I'm sure if you put your heart to it, you can do better" He says in Korean.

Jinyoo widens his eyes, scoffs, and looks away.

What did Jungkook say? I think as I frown a little in confusion.

Jungkook turns to me and smiles. "You and me. Go have lunch?" He says in English as he points his finger to me, making me surprised. Jungkook wants to have lunch with me?

"Celebrate" He said, making me confused for a moment. But before I can answer, Jinyoo smirks.

"No, Rian can't have lunch with you. We always eat together, so if you want to eat with her, you would also have to eat it me" He shouts loud enough for Jenny, who was a close by, to hear.

"Oh!" Jenny runs to us, tucking her hair behind her ears. "Jungkook Oppa... can I eat with you too?" She smiles and bashes her eyes. Jungkook smiles nervously but nods. It seems that Jungkook is also scared of Jenny. The thought makes me smirk.

"Sure, I'll come" I mutter and look at Jinyoo. "As long as Jinyoo comes" I quickly reply.

"Uh.. sure" Jungkook says. The bell suddenly rings, causing me to flinch. Jungkook lets out another smile, and turns around to walk away, with Jenny tailing him. I follow Jungkook and Jenny out of the door with Jinyoo beside me.

Wait a second-

I'm eating lunch with Jungkook?!?!

Jungkook POV

I look at everyone who is sitting in the table and sigh. It's so quiet and awkward... Jenny is the only talking, but she's been talking to only me the whole time.

I look at my lap and open the palm of my hand, revealing a folded crumbled paper. I open it and stare at the nasty words it said.

Do yourself a favor and go back to America. No one wants you here!

I bite my tongue and glance at Rian, who's in front of me, quietly chewing on the her food. Jinyoo is sitting next to her, sitting back on his chair with arms crossed, giving me the evil eye.

"So, Jungkook, do you enjoy your food? I know your favorite food is bread, but you're eating noodles..." Jenny suddenly mutters, interrupting the silence. I widen my eyes and quickly crumble the paper, shoving it into my pocket. I look at Jenny and pick up my chopsticks.

"Oh, yeah. It's good" I fake a smile and slurp a few noodles. Jenny smiles back and looks at her salad. When she isn't looking, I immediately frown. Is Jenny the one who wrote this horrible letter? She seems too nice...

To be honest, I only want to eat with Rian. Why? Because I want to show her the note... I'm sure she already saw it, but I just want to let her know that she's not alone, and that I'm here to help. Because I'm not so good in English, I'm glad that Jinyoo is here. Despite his rudeness, he's a pretty good translator.

"So, Rian..." Jenny mutters, surprising me. I look at Rian and notice how she immediately frowns.

"How is it like finally knowing how to use chopsticks?" Jenny giggles. So far this lunch, Rian constantly dropped  her utensils as she tried eating. Her bowl isn't even halfway done. I stare at Rian, who's glaring at the table and griping the chopsticks, hard enough to almost break them.

For a moment, my heart softened as I watch Rian.

"Don't do that" I whisper.

Everyone in the table looks at me, surprised that I talked. I ignore the awkward silence, and stand up, gently taking the chopsticks out of her Rian's hand. I use it to pick up a few noodles, and sighing, I look at Rian.

"Wait- what?!?" She mutters with wide eyes, shaking her head as I try to feed her.

Yes- I'm trying to feed her.

Finally, she opens her mouth, and allows me to put the food inside.

I don't realize it, but the whole cafeteria is silent, with everyone's eyes on me.

Rian clears her throat. "Um... I'll be back" She breaks the silence and stands up to walk away, with a confused and shocked face.

I turn my eyes toward the chopsticks- What did I just do? Oh no... I'm so stupid!

"Yah..." Jinyoo stood up and walked towards me. I look at his eyes with a calm expression.

"Why'd you do that?" He mutters as he grits his teeth.

"I thought she needed help" I shrug and walk away. I need some space...

"Yah!" Jinyoo shouts, but I ignore him. All I keep on thinking is, What just happened?

Rian POV

I turn on the sink in the girl's bathroom, and splash cold water on my face. I sigh and turn off the water, looking up to stare at my reflection.

What just happened?

I dry my face with a towel and sigh. Was all that a dream? Did Jungkook really just feed me? Suddenly, I hear the front door of the bathroom creaking, and I quickly run into one of the stalls to hide. I'm pretty sure everyone in the cafeteria saw what happened, so I can't let my face be shown for a couple of hours...

I bite my lip as I hear loud footsteps marching in.

"Ugh! What just happened!?" Jenny's annoying voice echoes through the room. I squeeze my palms and pray that she doesn't find me.

"I can't believe it! Jungkook fed that stupid girl, Rian?!" Jenny shouts to herself. "Ugh... calm down, Jenny. It was only a friendly thing to do, since that idiot Rian didn't know how to use chopsticks..."

I squeeze my eyes- although I don't understand what Jenny is saying in Korean, I have a pretty good idea. These days, it isn't too hard to guess what people are saying, once you look at their expression. I bet she's cursing me right now...

"Okay, 1... 2... 3.." I can imagine Jenny staring at her reflection on the mirror as she takes deep breaths.

"Okay, good. Now start fresh. I have to make Jungkook mine!" Footsteps marches away, and the sound of a door shutting silenced the room. I stand in the stall for a while, and when I'm sure it's safe, I exit out.

Walking to the mirror, I stare at myself.

What just happened?!?!

_________________________________________________________

Picture of a pretty Jenny at the top~

Please comment and vote!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

160K 5K 37
Highest ranking in : #45 in kpopfanfic, #2 in parkjimin and #2 in jeonjungkook Every woman wants to be his woman just because his one of the richest...
515K 14.9K 80
Sae-in falls into one of the deepest love she has ever experienced. The one she never expected. The one she's waiting for. The pain she gets The happ...
237K 18K 85
Y/N, a girl that has finally graduated university and is now in a serious relationship with her ex-professor, is stepping into new grounds that will...
4.2K 135 23
"Today we're gonna discuss the case of..." A few tears ran down my cheeks. I couldn't believe it. I was sitting in a courtroom right now. I've never...