SOTUS - The Next Chapter

Door zero_effs_given

Arthit and Kongpob are about to walk together into their shared future. Could there still be other obstacles... Meer

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12 - 1.
12 - 2.
13.
14 -1.
14 - 2.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19 - 1.
19 - 2
20.
21.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29-1.
29-2.
30.
Epilogue
Special Chapter
Special Chapter (2)

22.

6K 345 69
Door zero_effs_given

"Arthit, Tod, I'm sorry to inform you that your project will no longer be awarded the first place in the contest. There was a meeting with the executives, earlier this morning and we decided to re-evaluate the entries. We considered the idea of the QC Dept. as a more cost effective option." Khun Watakeekul informs them.

While his boss is talking, Arthit keeps his eyes to the ground. He suddenly feels sick to his stomach. He'd really hoped his intuition would fail him, but it turned out to be correct.

"I know this is out of the blue, but we need to think of what's of best interest for the company. I expect you to understand." the man further explains.

"Yes, sir. We understand." Tod replies in a weak voice.

Once back at their respective desks, the two refuse to talk about what happened in their boss' office, much to Earth's and Som-oh's disappointment.

At lunch, Arthit sits with his co-workers. He is quiet, pushing his food back and forth on his plate, while the others are chatting. He sort of envies how Tod doesn't seem as upset about the whole thing as he is.

"Tod, I'm ... I'm really sorry." he mumbles suddenly.

"Sorry? About what, Mr. Sun?"

"You worked hard on the project and I know you were so happy it won the first prize. If only I hadn't been on the same team with you, none of this would've happened."

"Arthit, don't be ridiculous. Why would the judging panel's decision to reconsider their choice and award a different project be your fault?" Earth asks.

"Yeah, don't worry. We'll just have to do better next year." Tod adds with a friendly pat on the other man's shoulder.

"I must say it was unexpected, not to mention this never happened before. I wonder what made them change their mind about the winner of the contest over night." Cherry muses, scratching his chin.

"Let's forget about it, put it all behind. I for sure won't let it darken my mood." Tod says.

Arthit opens his mouth to voice out his theory but he notices nobody is interested in further discussing the subject, so he gives up, sinking lower into his chair.

After the break, as they are heading back to the office, Arthit receives a message from his husband, informing him to come to Bright's bar at 7 pm. The man sighs. Usually, he wouldn't mind having a couple of beers with his friends, but today that's the last thing he is in the mood for.

✥✥✥

Arthit is half an hour late and as soon as he arrives, Bright complains about having waited for too long and where are his manners, etc.

"Sorry, Ai'Bright. We were pretty busy today. Plus, the traffic was a nightmare."

"Don't mind him, Arthit. He's being a little bitch because he just got dumped the other day." Toota explains.

"Oi, what the heck, man?! I am actually in pain."

"Plenty of other fish in the sea, bro. Speaking of which, check out those hotties that just came in." Prem notes, jabbing his friend in the ribs to get his attention.

"They're looking for a place to sit. I gotta help them out, as the good host that I am." Bright replies, before he scurries away. "Prem, let's go, man."

"I swear the reason we gathered tonight was to congratulate you, Arthit." Knot assures him. "Ignore Ai'Bright, all he thinks about is girls, no matter what."

Kongpob sits next to his P' and hands him a beer.

"For you. Cheers!"

They clink their bottles before they lean against the back of the couch. Arthit looks at the dance floor, worrying his bottom lip. It shouldn't be so hard to tell the truth to his husband and his best friends, but he can't find it in himself to ruin their good mood. He feels a warm hand hold his and glances over at his nong.

"P'Arthit, are you OK?"

"I'm fine, maybe just tired. Thanks a lot for gathering my friends here tonight, I appreciate it."

Kongpob stares at his face, as though trying to read through his lie (is he that obvious?) and Arthit can't hold his gaze any longer, afraid he might spill the truth out right there.

Even a couple of hours later at home, when it's just the two of them, Arthit still can't tell his junior that his project idea won't become a reality anymore and the get together he prepared for him was for nothing.

"I bet you're gonna be much busier than before, since you'll be in charge of this new project. I hope that doesn't mean you'll be home late everyday, cause I'd miss you too much and you know I -"

Arthit runs a hand through Kongpob's hair and pulls him in for a kiss, to shut him up already. He knows he's wrong in choosing to hide the truth from his partner but he'd hate to see the nong disappointed in him.

✥✥✥

Kongpob steps out of the taxi and takes a few moments to look at the building in front of him. He's missed it, in a way, especially because he's made a lot of good memories here, at Ocean Electric during his internship. He walks up the stairs towards the entrance, with a wide smile upon his face. As he goes inside the Purchasing Dept.'s office, he expects to find his husband there, too, but his chair is empty. He intended to tell him the good news.

"Good morning, P'Earth, P'Tod." he greets. "P'Arthit is not here?"

"Nong Kong, good morning. He's out to visit some suppliers. He should be back by noon. I'm glad you accepted my offer to work with us again." Earth says.

She hands him some papers and shows him to Mr. Watakeekul's office. Kongpob had received a call from her the other day, asking if his company would be interested in becoming providers for a new product. After getting the OK sign from his father, he let her know immediately and she already set an appointment for today. The young man is happy to work with his husband's company again and also he can' wait to meet the new boss, that his P' has been rambling about at home.

"It's a pleasure to meet you. I am honored to work with Siam Polymer. We have partnered before, when I was in the previous company. Your plastic components never failed to meet our expectation: excellent quality, remarkable execution and reasonable prices." the man says.

"Thank you, sir." Kong replies, sitting across from the older man. He has to admit he is handsome and seems to be a nice person, as well. He's sure he has nothing to worry about, but ...

"So you are Khun Kerkkrai's son, right?"

"Yes. I started working with my father after I graduated the Engineering Faculty."

"I'm sure you are as capable as your father, since you are already in charge of sealing business deals at such a young age."

"I will do my best."

Kongpob leaves the office, a bit disappointed he didn't get to see his husband after all, only to run into Durian and Som-oh, chatting in the hallway.

"Nong'Kongpob!" they squeal, not bothering to keep their voices down.

"Hello, P' Durian, P'Som-oh. It's been a long time."

"Yes, indeed. And oh my, is it just me or have you become even more handsome." the woman observes, holding onto his arm.

"No, I think I'm still the same." he replies, gently pulling his arm away.

"By the way, I am so sorry for Arthit. Is he still sad about it?" P'Durian asks next.

"He looked under the weather when he came in this morning." Som-oh notes.

"Um ... sad?"

"Well, you know, because the executives changed their mind and decided to give the award to the QC Dept.'s project idea instead of his and Tod's." she adds.

"Oh, uh ... t-that ..." Kongpob swallows around the sudden lump in his throat. "Look, I'm sorry but I should get back to my dad's office, I have other appointments in the afternoon. Have a nice day."

"Okay, go then. You should come visit more often, Nong Kong."

The young man finds it a bit difficult to breathe. Arthit's done it again, hiding things from him. He knew there was something wrong ever since the night at the bar. And then at home, he felt Arthit's kiss was different, like his husband was trying to distract him from something more important. He needs to have a serious talk with his P' but he'll save it for later, in the privacy of their shared apartment.

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

6.9K 312 41
Working for a relief foundation, traveling the world and helping those in need, it was exactly what Penny wanted to do. She wanted to be someone, tha...
228 57 5
"Angel," Taehyung muttered uncontrollably. "She's something I fear to touch." "I am afraid I'll ruin her." Elizabeth Miracle, the descendant of a...
114K 5K 74
This is a story including the famous Thai bl actors It is a story between Mafia and secret agents Mew is a famous business man and a mafia emperor...
6.5K 107 25
Bunch of Fremione one shots - a list of short stories about Fremione. Contains sm scenes (marked in chapters) These characters belong to JK Rowling...