Pretend

By Sharlay

When April's boyfriend (Kyle) breaks up with her she is heart broken. She can't seem to get over him, but whe... More

Chapter 1 - Party Time!
Chapter 2 - And the party goes on...
Chapter 3 - Me, Myself &...
Chapter 4 - The Party's Over!
Chapter 5 - Remember Me...
Chapter 6 - Dream or reality?
Chapter 7 - Heartbroken
Chapter 8 - He's Gone...
Chapter 9 - Aiden's POV
Chapter 10 - Let the games begin
Chapter 11 - I hate surprises!
Chapter 12 - In love?
Chapter 13 - Aiden's POV
Chapter 14 - What a night!
Chapter 15 - A week of paradise?
Chapter 16 - Sherlock Holmes
Chapter 17 - Date night
Chapter 18 - Danny's Diner
Chapter 19 - Jekyll & Hyde
Chapter 20 - The Talk
Chapter 21 - Good Morning
Chapter 22 - Surprise!
Chapter 23 - Blast from the past
Chapter 24 - Revelation
Chapter 25 - The Return
Chapter 26 - The story of the past
NOT A CHAPTER - Just information
Chapter 27 - Unexpected events
Chapter 29 - We all have secrets...
Chapter 30 - New begginnings
Chapter 31 - The Text...
Chapter 32 - Just a dream?
Chapter 33 - Never give up...
Chapter 34 (Final Chapter) - The beginning of forever...
Q & A/Information
NEW STORY!
Make Believe (Pretend Series, Book #2) OFFICIAL RELEASE DATE!!!
WIN A SIGNED COPY OF PRETEND!!!
Excerpt of Make Believe (Pretend Series, Book #2)
Have You?
Will Aiden cheat on April?
Join the twitter countdown!!! :)
Would you like to get involved?
THE WAIT IS OVER!!!
1 DAY SALE!
FREE for 2 days only!
Update 2014!!!
GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!

Chapter 28 - The truth shall set you free...

264K 3.6K 1.4K
By Sharlay

Hey guys so I know that a few of you have asked about the details of the competition. I will be releasing all details about the competition, who can enter and all the rules along with the next chapter :)

I haven't edited this yet so sorry if there are any major mistakes x

Chapter 28 - The truth shall set you free...

"Good morning sleeping beauty," I heard a voice say as I slowly forced my eyes open.

"Mmmm," I mumbled as I tried to focus my eyes since the light coming through the window seemed to be suffocating them.

"Crystal?" I asked, confused by my surroundings.

"Yes, who else would it be you doughnut. Come on, get up, girly day out!!" She said in an excited tone, that in my opinion was far too loud for first thing in the morning.

When I was finally able to open my eyes I realised that I was lying in the guest room bed much to my surprise. I guess that Aiden must have carried me up last night after I fell asleep. The fact that I was still dressed in yesterday's outfit also told me that he had tried to be the 'gentleman' again. He made me laugh.

"Ok, I'm coming just give me a minute," I muttered as I watched the huge grin on Crystal's face as she left the room.

****

After thirty minutes I was dressed, ready and on my way down the stairs.

"Hey," I said as I walked into the living room where Crystal was sat waiting impatiently.

"Finally! I've been waiting forever!" She replied as she jumped up from the chair and switched the TV off.

"Ok, so where do you want to go?"

"Well I was thinking that we could go to the park, chill out for abit and then go to the mall," she said as she looked at me.

"Ok, sounds good, hope food is included somewhere in this little outing though," I replied as we both began to head towards the front door.

"Of course! Oh, hang on, I left my bag in my room, I'll be two seconds," she said as she quickly leapt up the stairs.

"Ok," I said as I pulled my vibrating phone out of my pocket.

"Hello," I said as I answered the phone.

"Hello sweetheart," a happy and excited sounding voice answered.

"Mom? I didn't recognise the number".

"Oh, I'm calling off our your Aunt May's phone with one of them calling cards," she replied.

"Oh ok, well it's great to hear from you, I've really missed you".

"I've missed you too baby. How is everything?"

"It's great, I have a lot to tell you when you get back," I said thinking about me and Aiden.

"Good I hope?"

"Yes mom," I replied as I let out a little giggle.

"Good".

"How's Aunt May?"

"Not great but we're doing all that we can to keep her comfortable and make your Grandma happy," she replied in a sad voice.

"I'm proud of you all and I can't wait till you get back. I think the guys owe us a game of charades," I said as we both began laughing.

"Yes they do except this time we need to win. Well you take care of yourself and make sure that you're helping around the house, it was good of Susan to let you stay," she said.

"I will, tell everyone I said hi. Love you".

"I will. Love you too sweetheart," she said before she hung up.

A smile crept onto my face as I realised how good it was to hear her voice.

"How are they?" Crystal asked, interrupting my day dream. 

"They're good. Aunt May seems to be slipping but I think that they are making her last days as good as possible, so all is well," I replied as I threw her a smile.

"Well that's good to hear. So are you ready?"

"Yeah, let's go," I said before turning around and walking out of the front door.

"Aiden still sleeping?" I asked casually as we started walking down the road.

"Yeah, you know how lazy he is, when he has no where to go," she said as she slipped her phone out of her bag.

"Hasn't he got music school?"

"I think he's skipping today," she replied as she began smiling at her phone.

"Cameron?" I said as I began smirking at her.

"Yeah," she said as she giggled.

"You're really into him aren't you?"

"Yeah, he's different. I really like him," she replied as she smiled at me.

"Good, he's a good guy, I think that you're good for each other," I said as I continued smiling at her typing away on her phone.

I became distracted when my phone vibrated again. This time it was a text.

So I carry you upstairs to bed, tuck you in and not even a good morning kiss? :p

I tried to stop myself from chuckling as I read over Aiden's. 

Well if you weren't so lazy and had been awake before I left then I could have. I'll make up for it later xxx

I typed quickly as I knew that Crystal would only be distracted for so long. I felt the familiar buzz again and looked down at the phone in my hand.

Can't wait x

This guy made me smile so much.

"Sorry about that, Cam was just asking what time I was going to the party later and if he could see me before," Crystal said as she looked at me.

"Awww, what time you meeting him?" I asked.

"I'm not, I told him that I'm spending time with you all day," she replied as though I had just asked the craziest question ever.

"Crystal, you better text him back now and tell him you'll meet him".

"Huh?"

"He is cute, sweet and wants to spend time with you. You can see me anytime, tell him that you'll see him before the party, you can even go together," I said as I smiled at her.

"Are you sure?" She asked with a guilty expression on her face.

"Of course I'm sure, silly. We'll go to the park for a bit and just skip the mall, we can go anytime, now get to texting".

"You're the best! I love you April Reinhart!"

"Yeah, yeah, I know," I said as we both started laughing and she typed her message to Cameron.

I loved seeing her happy like this, could I really ruin all of that by telling her about me and Aiden?

"So we need like a major catch up, seriously," Crystal said as we finally got to the park and sat on the swings in the empty play area.

I liked it when it was quiet like this and no matter how old I got the swings we're still my favourite thing.

"Yeah we really do," I agreed.

"So what did Queen Bee want last night?"

"Queen Bee?" I asked as I began to laugh.

"Well she likes to think she is anyway," Crystal replied as she pulled her face at the thought of Rachel.

"Believe it or not, she came to apologise".

"What?!"

"I know, crazy right?"

"More than crazy, did dhe hit her head or something?" Crystal replied.

"I don't know but what she said actually made a lot of sense you know".

"Well I got to hear this".

"Well she explained that when Kyle broke up with her that he said it had been because he was still in love with me," I said.

"Oh burn," Crystal replied with a smirk on her face.

"I guess she knows how you feel now," she added.

"Yeah that's what she said and the actual reason she apologised. She said that she finally understood what she done," I said in sad tone as the memories of feeling like that came back.

"Yeah well that's how the saying goes," Crystal said.

"Huh?"

"What goes around, comes around".

"Oh yeah," I replied.

"You don't sound too happy?"

"Well I sort of felt sorry for her I guess and I know that it can't have been easy for someone like Rachel to apologise," I said.

"Yeah I suppose you're right".

"Well I did invite her to the pary ton-"

"You what?"

"Oh come on Crystal I was trying to be nice".

"Yeah as always, the girl took your boyfriend, remember?"

"Yeah I know but she apologised and I've moved on now," I said before even registering the last part of my sentence.

"You have?"

"Yeah, I have. I'm through with Kyle now, I just want to be his friend, although I don't think he's going to speak to me right now," I said, sadly.

"Why?"

I took a deep breath as I rememeber that I hadn't told Crystal about the baby before and for some reason I could feel tears start to fill up in my eyes just at the thought of it.

"April are you ok?" She asked in a worried voice.

"Yeah, sorry I'm just..." I said as I drifted off, trying to work out how to tell my best friend something that she should already know.

"April?" She said in a soft tone. I hadn't even noticed the tears that had started to roll down my cheeks until I tasted the salty taste that hit my lips.

"I'm sorry Crystal I wished I had told you before but I couldn't," I said as I tried to find the words.

It didn't matter how many times I would have to tell this story, it would always hurt.

"It's ok, April don't cry," she replied in the softest voice.

"When Kyle broke up with me I was pregnant".

"What?" She gasped in shock.

"I didn't tell anyone, I wanted him to be the first to know but the day that I went to tell him I found out about Rachel and he broke up with me," I said quietly.

"What a jerk," she whispered.

"I wanted to tell you but I just couldn't find the words," I said.

"It's ok. So what happened, I mean with the baby?"

"I lost it. I just started bleeding one day, I didn't know what to do and after Bob found me, him and my mom drove me to the hospital...I guess it was too late," I said as I suddenly realised that Crystal was crying.

"I should have been there," she whispered as the tears strolled faster down her cheeks.

"I'm sorry".

"You don't have to be sorry April, I should have known but instead I just pressured you about getting over Kyle and I didn't even think for a minute what you were going through-"

"You couldn't have known Crystal, please don't do what Kyle did and blame yourself. I chose to deal with it alone, that wasn't your fault," I said as I stared at her.

"So you just told Kyle?" She said in a gentle tone.

"Yeah he was heartbroken, I felt horrible. He hasn't been to school or anything since," I said as I thought about how bad he looked after I ran out of his house that night.

"I know that I always say that he is a jerk, but I wouldn't wish that on anyone," she said.

"I know, I remember how that felt and I didn't want that for him but I couldn't lie to him either and then when his mom came and seen us both crying I just ran away like I always do. I was scared".

"I can imagine".

I was going to tell Crystal everything about running into Jake that night and Aiden but looking at her sad face right now I knew that this wasn't the time. We may have our ups and downs but I knew that when I hurt she did and the very idea of me losing a baby that would have definitely been her God child would be ripping her apart right now.

"Come on," I said as I stood up and extended my hand towards her.

"We really do need this party tonight don't we?" She said as she took my hand, stood up and gave me a small smile.

"Yeah, I think we do," I said as I smiled at her.

****

Crystal and I spent the journey home holding hands in silence. Anybody watching would have probably thought we were some weird, depressive couple but none of us cared, it was as though a barrier had been broken down and that silence was us understanding each others need to think.

"Hey," Aiden said as he looked at me strangely as we walked through the door.

"I'm just going to up to go to Cameron's," Crystal said in a quiet voice as she walked up the stairs.

"Ok," I said as I walked into the living room and slumped down on the chair.

"What happened? Did you tell her?" Aiden said as he followed me inside, closing the door behind him.

I shook my head to say no.

"Then what's the matter with you both?" He asked in a worried tone.

"I told her about the baby," I replied as I watched him take a seat next to me, gently.

"She take it badly?"

"She cried, I felt awful. I couldn't tell her anything else," I said as the tears began to surface again as I thought about my friends pain.

"It's ok," he said as he gently wiped the tear off of my cheek with his thumb.

"Do you want something to eat?" He asked.

I nodding my head to say yes before watching him exit the living room and head towards the kitchen.

****

"April," Aiden whispered as he gently shook me awake.

"How long have I been sleeping?" I asked as my eyes focused and I realised that I was still in the living room.

"Come on we're going out," he said.

"Huh? I thought you went to do food?" I asked in a confused tone.

"No I asked if you wanted something to eat, I went to get ready. I'm taking you out, come on," he said as he smiled at me.

"Where's Crystal?" I asked.

"Cameron came and got her about ten minutes ago. She's ok, I had a talk with her, she left in a pretty good mood actually," he said as I finally stood up.

"Ok good. Where are we going?" I asked as I walked towards the living room door.

"Somewhere that you'll like," he said with a smirk on his face.

"Oh really?" I said as I let a smile slip onto my face.

"Yeah and somewhere that I can do a lot of this," he said before kissing me so passionately that I nearly lost my balance. In fact had it not been for his hand around my waist, I probably would have lost my balance completely.

"Thanks," I said as he gently pulled away.

"For what?" He whispered.

"Always making me feel better," I replied as I smiled at him.

"It's my job beautiful now come on we need to get back with enough time for you to get ready," he said with a smirk on his face.

"Me?"

"Yeah, you girls take forever," he said as I raised my eyebrow at him before we both began laughing.

"So what you going to do about telling Crystal?" Aiden asked as he started to drive the car.

"I'm still going to tell her today, I can't hide it from her anymore, today proved that I shouldn't do that," I replied.

"You know that she's going to the party with Cameron, she's not coming back home?" He asked.

"Yeah I'll pull her up to one of the many rooms in Murphy's mansion sometime tonight. I've got to tell her though, I can't hide it from her anymore".

"I agree," he said.

****

It wasn't long before Aiden had finally brought the car to a stop after about ten minutes of driving. 

"Where are we?" I asked as I looked out of the window at an unfamiliar location. 

"It's my music school," he said as he jumped out the car.

"Really?" I asked in shock. He didn't even like telling anyone that he played music let alone bringing me here.

"Yeah really, come on," he said as he began to laugh.

He locked his car door, took my hand in his and headed towards the large grey building. It wasn't how I'd imagined at all in fact it was beautiful. There was a large wooden door entrance, huge glass windows and the widest steps that led up to the largest door that I had ever seen in my life.

"It's beautiful," I said as I looked up excitedly.

"Yeah it's really something isn't it?"

"Yeah".

"Hey Sandy," Aiden said as he approached a silver desk with a white haired man stood behind. This place just got better and better. There was black, marble flooring that decorated what appeared to be the whole of the foyer area. All the fixtures and lighting where a beautiful polished stainless steel just like the desk that Sandy was sat behind.

"Hello son," he said as the most genuine smile slipped onto his face.

"And who's this beautiful young lady?" He asked as my cheeks began to heat up from his compliment.

"This is my girlfriend, April. April this is Sandy," he said in a very happy tone.

Even though I knew I was his girlfriend I wasn't yet used to hearing it and it sounded, well...Great.

"Well hello there April it's a pleasure to meet you," he said as he stood up and offered me his hand.

"Hello," I said as I extended my hand to his.

I was a little surprised as he lifted my hand and placed a gentle kiss on it. I see this is where Aiden was taking his notes on being a gentleman from. I smiled, shyly before watching him sit back down.

"Everyone's just gone through to the buffet, have fun," he said as Aiden started to drag me towards a big wooden door.

"Thanks Sandy, see you soon," Aiden replied.

"Bye," I said as I waved at him.

"Bye and good luck," Sandy added.

"Thanks," Aiden said before we disappeared through the door.

As I went to ask why he had said good luck I was cut off as an excited looking woman came rushing over to where we now stood. 

"Oh wonderful, you're here," she said as she threw her arms around Aiden.

She was an extremely attractive lady, her shiny brown hair was tied up in a neat bun and she had on a discreet and flattering amount of make-up. She wore a tight black dress with a pair of patent black heels and looked very elegant.

"April this is Alison, Alison this is my girlfriend, April," he said as he gently pulled himself out of her arms.

"Oh wow she really is as beautiful as you described. It's lovely to meet you," she said as she threw her arms around me much to my surprise.

"Hi, it's nice to meet you too," I said as she stood back a little so that she could take me in completely.

"Manners too, she is a definite keeper," she said as she smiled at Aiden.

"Yeah," he said as he threw me a small smile.

"I'm glad you could make it tonight, come on I'll get you a plate," she said as Aiden's attention was taken by a tall guy, with curly red hair. He gave me a look that said 'I'll catch up soon' so I followed Alison toward a table full of food. 

I would be lying if I said that the thought of this didn't excite me.

"Now, you help yourself, don't be shy," Alison said as she pushed a plate in my direction.

"Thank you," I said after retrieving the plate from her hands.

"So it's nice to finally meet the girl that seems to make him so happy," she said, gesturing towards Aiden who was now looking over and smiling at us.

"He said that?" I asked with a smile on my face.

"He doesn't have to darling, actions are much louder than words," she said as she winked at me, causing a giggle to escape my mouth.

"It's quite cute actually very Romeo and Juliet like, although I would avoid the whole killing yourselves in the name of love bit," she said with a smile on her face.

"Yeah I think we'll skip that bit," I said as I laughed.

"Well I'm glad that he finally had the guts to tell you how he felt. It's not often that childhood crushes become more than a memory so I would say that it's fate".

"Childhood?" I asked in a confused tone.

"Well yeah to have feelings for somebody for so many years and to finally win their hearts is an acheivement within itself," she said as she looked at me.

"Oh gosh, you didn't know....Oh my big mouth!" She gasped as she saw the confused look on my face.

"Aiden has liked me since we were little?" I asked as I tried to contain the excitement.

"Oh I thought you knew otherwise I would have kept my mouth shut, my husband always says that I talk to much, maybe he's right. It's just so romantic".

"Yeah it is," I said as I felt a silly smile creep onto my face.

"I guess I can't take it back now since I already opened my big mouth but yes he has liked you for a very long time and talking to you now, I can honestly see why. Just don't tell him that I told you," she said as we both began to smile.

"Your secret's safe with me," I said as we giggled like a pair of kids.

"So are you Aiden's music teacher then?" I asked.

"Oh gosh no, me and instruments do not get along. I'm Keith's wife, he's Aiden's teacher and the principal of the school. I just  work here, you know help out," she replied.

"Oh ok, well that makes two of us I was never gifted in the music department," I said as we both smiled.

****

After fifteen minutes of eating and mingling with the rest of Aiden's friends from the music school I finally got a moment alone with Aiden.

"Having fun?" He said as he smiled at me.

"Yeah, the people are great, especially Alison, I really like her," I replied.

"Yeah she seems to like you too," he said as he smiled at me.

"So what is happening here tonig-"

I was suddenly cut off by a voice coming from an intercom in the corner of the room we were now in.

"The show begins in ten minutes can everyone please make their way into performamce hall room hd7 thank you".

"Show?" I asked Aiden once the voice had stopped speaking.

"Yeah there's a show tonight, I'm just going toliet so go in with Alison and I'll meet you in there,2 he said before planting a soft kiss on my lips.

"Come on sweetheart you can sit with me," Alison said as she began walking in the direction of what I'm guessing was the performance hall.

****

Ten minutes had passed and the performance was already in full swing. There had already been two singers, a solo saxophone player and now a girl on a keyboard. There was everything there to make a good show except for Aiden. I shifted in my seat a few times to see if I could find him but I was disappointed to discover that I couldn't. I wanted to go and look for him but Alsion had said that he may be sitting with a few friends in another section and will catch up soon and so I took her word for it even though I was completely happy that he had practically left me alone.

One thing that I did notice was how amazing all of the performances had been so far. They were all doing pieces that they had put together themselves and I could only describe what I was hearing as beautiful.

The sound of clapping snapped me out of my thoughts as the girl on the keyboard bowed and walked towards the curtains at the side. Keith appeared on the stage again as he had each time a new performer was set to come on stage.

"Ok and next up ladies and gentleman is a talented young man who has been with the music school for a total of seven years..."

I turned around again to see if I could see Aiden, I had to admit that I was a little worried now. 

"When he first arrived he was eleven years old and had no previous experience of music but let me tell you that he soon started playing as though he were a professional..."

I know that Alison said that he may be sitting with friends but it wasn't like him to leave me alone.

"He kept his musical skills quiet and was never one to show off. Four years ago we discovered that he had what I can only describe as the voice of an angel. For the first time he has agreed to actually sing and play infront of a live audience. So without further adieu, ladies and gentleman please put your hands together for..."

No this is definitely strange, I don't care what Alison says, I need to go and find him...

"Aiden Daniels".

Suddenly I froze, I knew that I was standing up but the words that just came out of Keith's mouth could not be real. Aiden was performing tonight, infront of me...

"Hey lady, will you sit down you're blocking my view," a frustrated voice said from behind me.

"Sorry," I mumbled as I slowly sat down and kept my eyes fixated on the stage.

I watched closely as I realised that it really was Aiden who was on the stage as he walked on with a guitar in his hand and sat on a wooden stool that was placed infront of a mic.

"Good evening ladies and gentleman," he said after finally getting comfortable on his stool and placing the guitar in his hands ready to play.

"Tonight I'm going to be performing a song that I wrote myself. It was inspired by a very special person in my life and it's called Pretend," he said before taking his fingers to the guitar.

I watched as he gently brushed his fingers against the strings, checking that the guitar was in tune I guess. After a second he was playing what I can only describe as the most heavenly sounding tune. As the sound of the song hit the atmosphere I knew that it was the best thing that I would ever hear until he began to sing that it...

"Mmm Mmm Mmm Now I know...

Mmm Mmm Mmm Now I know...

I will never let it go...

I wish I could say the words

The ones that she deserves

Explaining how I feel

It's so crazy, is it real?

Don't want to waste this time

Pretending she's not mine

Pretending she's not mine, ohhhhh...

Don't want to play pretend

Acting like we're friends

I want you to be mine

Not pretend but all the time

Don't want to play pretend

Acting like we're friends

I want you to be mine

Not pretend but all the time

I know this feelings real

Never been here before

Always lost for time

Always on my mind

She makes everything seem fine

Don't want to waste this time

Pretending she's not mine

Pretending she's not mine, ohhhhh...

Don't want to play pretend

Acting like we're friends

I want you to be mine

Not pretend but all the time

Don't want to play pretend

Acting like we're friends

I want you to be mine

Not pretend but all the time

I want you all the time...."

Suddenly everyone jumped to their feet, clapping their hands and screaming Aiden's name whilst I sat frozen in my seat as I locked eyes with the one person that I wanted more than anything else right now.

****

"So what did you think?" Aiden asked as we started to drive back home and get ready for the party.

We hadn't really had much of a chance to speak after the show due to the fact that he was swarmed by people who wanted to congratulate him all evening.

"It was beautiful, I didn't even know that you could sing," I said as looked over at him.

"Well you never asked," he said with a playful smile on his lips.

"Well you're always so secretive when it comes to music school that's why".

"That's because I don't want everyone to see that side of me".

"What do you mean?" I asked, confused by his statement.

"When I'm in that mode it's different. Like I zone out. I suppose when I speak through music it's from the soul, it's real, you know?"

"Yeah I think I understand. Music is your way of bearing your soul, being and expressing who you really are, right?"

"Well that's a very girl way to put it but something like that," he said as a smirk spread across his face.

"Funny," I said as I hit his arm playfully.

"The song was beautiful though, the lyrics were...Amazing".

"It isn't actually finished yet," he said in a more serious voice as he kept his eyes on the road.

"Oh, so can I hear it when it's done?" I asked, hoping that he'd say yes.

"You're the only one that I'm finishing it for," he said as he shocked me into silence.

As we continued home I sat in silence and smiled to myself.

****

We seemed to move pretty quick and we're dressed, ready and standing outside of Murphy's door by half ten.

"Hey sexy friends," Anthony said as Murphy's front door swung open.

"You been drinking?" Aiden said as he raised an eyebrow at him.

"Dude, have you met Murphy's dad? The guy probably has the cops circling the place every hour not even I'm dumb enough to break that guys rules, plus he scares me," he said as both Aiden and I burst out laughing before walking through the door.

"Hey kiddo, looking mighty fine," Anthony said as he slung his arm around my shoulders.

"Thanks," I said as I looked at Aiden who looked amused by his friends 'happy' attitude.

"Drunk on love," he mouthed to me as we both started laughing.

"Hey," Jess beamed as she seen me and Aiden approaching her.

I spotted Rachel from across the room and threw her a smile to show that I was happy that she came. She returned the smile and waved her hand at me before Jess dragged me away towards Jinnie, Erica and Crystal, leaving the guys to 'do their thing'.

****

It wasn't long before we were all enjoying the party. Everyone was dancing and just having a good time. Aiden had been giving me looks all night and I couldn't help but smile as I kept replaying the words of his song in my head. I knew exactly what that song meant and it was beautiful but it also meant that I really needed to tell Crystal so that we could stop pretending. Maybe that's what he was waiting for before he finished the song, an ending.

I knew that it was now or never so I left the kitchen where I had been chatting with Jess and Anthony to go and find Crystal. I said that I would tell her tonight and it was time to stop backing out. As I approached the living room, I have to push through the crowd in order to spot Crystal, it wasn't too hard since she was wearing a bright pink dress. As I went to head over to where she was stood I was suddenly stopped by a head gently grabbing hold of my wrist.

"Oh hey," I said.

"I've been looking for you for ages, I need you for a minute," Rachel said as she pulled me to where the dj was positioned in the living room.

"What's up?" I asked, a little confused and also slightly annoyed that she had interrupted my chance of talking to Crystal.

"Hey can you turn that off a second?" She asked the dj who looked like he was about to argue until she threw him a look that said 'don't mess with me'.

It made me chuckle slightly at the power that she seemed to command over men, although it wasn't exactly that funny where Kyle was concerned but the past is the past, time to move on.

"Pass me that," she said, pointing towards his mic.

"Hey everyone, sorry to stop the party as it is great and all but I have something really important to do and I feel that now is the time," she said as she glanced at me.

"What are you doing?" I asked as I watched the room start to fill up with more and more angry people as they came to investigate who had stopped the music.

"You'll understand in a minute," she said, moving the mic away from her lips.

"Ok so I'm going to keep this short and sweet-"

"Good! Hurry and shut up, we came to party!" An angry voice in the crowd shouted as he eyed up Rachel.

"Oh calm down Rambo!" She said with an angry voice before going back to her calm and sweet tone.

"As I was saying, I really have to do this tonight and I'm sorry to take up your time but I simply could leave tonight without having done this. Some of you may or may not know that me and April have had some issues lately-"

"Then take it to Jerry Springer!" Someone shouted, causing a few laughs.

Rahel threw them a sarcastic smile before continuing her little speech.

"So yeah we've had some problems and I've done some things that I really shouldn't have and they were wrong," she continued.

"You don't have to do this, I already accepted Rachel," I whispered.

"No I do," she said as she smiled at me.

"So yeah they were wrong and I've apologised to April because it was the right thing to do. I was just lucky that she is the nice person that she is and forgave me. I mean she even invited me here tonight knowing that her friends wouldn't approve which was exactly what I was counting on as I was desperate to make this speech. I mean I lied, I snuck around and I cheated and still she forgave me because that's April, she's just a nice person," she said as she turned to me and smiled. 

"Well that's what she wants you to think," she said as I looked at her in shock.

"You see ladies and gentleman the perfect, sweet and innocent little April was so cut up about me stealing her pathetic excuse for a boyfriend that she even pretended to be in a relationship with her best friends brother. So just like me she lied, oh but it gets better. You see I was counting on her pathetic and nice ways because I really really needed to be here tonight to let everyone know the real April Reinhart-"

"You better shut up!" Crystal shouted from the middle of the crowd.

"Oh I will but I think that you might want to hear what I have to say before you shut me up. You see whilst April walks around like little miss butter wouldn't melt let me tell you that she's anything but! You see yeah I lied and cheated and everything else but me and April here have quite a lot in common don't we?" She said as she turned to me.

"What are you talking about Rachel, just stop," I said as I felt the tears rushing to my eyes. 

"Because our perfect April here who is so nice that she wouldn't hurt a fly has been having a secret relationship with her best friends brother, isn't that right?"

"How did you-"

She cut me off before the words could even fall out of my mouth.

"You see the school library is probably not the best place to make out in when your trying to keep things on the down low sweetheart. Oh dear I would say that from the look on your face, you haven't told you BFF yet," she said as a cruel laugh escaped her lips.

"You know your pathetic speeches would be much much better if you had actually managed to tell me something that I didn't already know," Crystal said as she stepped right up to where me and Rachel were stood.

"What? You already knew?" I asked as I placed my arm on Crystal's.

"Don't touch me," Crystal said as she stormed through the crowd and towards the door.

"Crystal, wait! Please".

I could feel all eyes on me as I ran through the crowd to catch up with her. I could hear their gasps and their opinions on the current situation but I didn't care, all that mattered was talking to my best friend. I couldn't lose her, I just couldn't.

"That's it April run like you always do, keep playing the nice girl act, so pathetic," Rachel said as she taunted me some more.

I don't know what came over me but I just froze at the sound of those words. As I stood there and thought about every little bit of rubbish that I had been put through I just decided that in that moment I had, had enough! I was tired of always being told that I was too nice and sitting down and taking everything that everyone threw at me enough was enough.

I slowly turned around and faced Rachel.

"You know, you just don't know when to give up do you?" I said as I took a few more steps towards her.

"No April we're not all like you, we don't give up at the first sign of trouble," she said as she smirked at me.

"How could you do that after everything you have already done, I forgave you, I listened to you, I even felt sorry for you and you did this. What was this like some sick joke that you've been planning all along?"

"Yeah it was and do you know what it was easy. It was easy with you because you will always be and always have been a pathetic little mouse who is too nice to stand up for herself!" She growled as she looked at me with so much hate in her eyes that I could feel it from across the room.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yeah real-"

The force of my hand making contact with her face cut her mid sentence. As I watched the crowd of people move out of the way as she fell to the ground I felt a sudden calm come over me. It was like everything was being released, Kyle, Rachel, Jake...Everything.

As I walked up and looked down at Rachel holding her red cheek on the floor I felt one thing, relief.

"Was that nice enough for you?" I asked before walking back towards the door. 

I could her all of the 'oohhh' and 'ahhhs' and other comments as I walked past everyone and headed towards the next disaster in my life.

"Wow kiddo didn't think you had it in you, that's some right hook you got," Anthony said through his laughs as I walked past him. I ingnored him and kept walking.

"April?" Aiden said in a worried voice as he gently went to grab my arm.

"Not now Aiden, not now," I said as I walked past, barely even making eye contact with him.

I had to find Crystal...

****

So there it is guys chapter 29 and what an eventful chapter that was!!!

So what did you think?

Who saw that coming with Rachel then? Just as we thought she was becoming nice aye.....

Hope you all liked it....

Thank you for the continued support, messages, comments (I still read them all, they're amazing!). Thank you to all who follow me on twitter, are friends on facebook and fans on the fanpage. All the support is just amazing and I just couldn't do this without you all by my side so thank you, I'm truly grateful. I thank God for blessing me with this book!

God Bless you all <3 xxxxxxxxxxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

701K 27.5K 19
Kyle, tired of being his boyfriend's secret, gives him an ultimatum. After refusing to come out, Kyle dumps him. Soon after pictures of Kyle and Aida...
1.6K 42 7
The best way to get over a guy? Date his new girlfriend's twin brother.
186K 5.3K 46
"Autumn" he says a bit louder, I couldn't resist his voice so I look up at him. "Do you think everything I have ever said to you and done with you is...
5.9K 53 35
June's senior year in high school starts probably the worst way possible - her first boyfriend and supposedly love of her life cheats on her and dump...