Lauren/You - Childhood Sweeth...

By KatyJauregui

More

Lauren/You - Childhood Sweethearts
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4 (Final Chapter)
Epilogue

Chapter 1

9.3K 285 33
By KatyJauregui

Lauren/You - Childhood Sweethearts - Chapter 1 

A/N: Hello there dear people of the internet. So the majority of you guys asked me to continue this fic so thats what i'm gonna do.

It will only be a mini series probably though cause I don't intend on making me more than 10 chapters...

Enjoy.

After living 4 years on the battlefield, being here with the people I cared about the most in this world just felt right. The warmth of the environment just made me feel better than I'd ever felt. I could feel Lauren's eyes on me every now and then but I shrug it off knowing perfectly that there was nothing I could do make her stop staring at me. We were all cozy and I had not laughed that much for 6 years. But as it was late, the guys decided that it was time for them to go home. I said goodbye to all of them before I walked to Lauren. 

"Tonight was fun." She said. "It felt good being around you again." She added.

"Yeah it was cool." I said with a smile and She just stared at me. By the way she was biting her bottom lip I could tell she wanted to tell me something, or to ask me something and I just couldn't help but smile at her cute shyness.

"Do you...Maybe we...The city changed in six years so I thought that maybe I could give you a tour of the new Miami." She said at an amazing fast pace and I stared at her with complete adoration. I heard a snap coming from the left and turned my head only see that Camila had taken a picture of Lauren and I. I just shrugged it off before focusing back on Lauren.

"Do you think that's a good idea?" I asked after a few seconds.

"Yeah..I mean...I would like to be friends again." She said as she looked down.

"We were never friends Lauren. Even when we were 6 years old we were already planning our wedding." I said smiling at the memory causing her to giggle.

"Then maybe we can learn to be friends."

"Do you think it can work? Despite our feelings for each other?" I asked and she looked up to meet my eyes. 

"You said it was better for you to lie to yourself and say that you are over so I'm just going to do the same. I can be your friend if I do that." She explained.

"Alright then. Tomorrow?" 

"Tomorrow." She repeated before walking out of the house and shouting me a quick goodnight. 

This was a bad idea. She was still famous and she still couldn't risk being with a girl but there was nothing I could do. I wanted to spend some time with her, just like the old times, just like when we were kids.

-------------

The next morning I was woken up by Kala who was wearing a sad smile on her face. 

"What?" I asked in my sleepy voice. "You look like you've seen a ghost." I shot but she remained silent and just stared at me. "Kal?" I called as I saw her eyes getting teary.

"What happened to you there?" She asked taking me completely aback.

"What?" 

"You slept without a shirt and when you were asleep the covers fell to the floor. I've seen those scars on your body. What are they?" She asked.

"Kala. I was at War. Of course I was going to come back with scars." I lied making her think that those injuries on my body were completely normal.

"But-" she started.

"There is no need for a but here. I'm alright. I'm me. I'm back. You don't need to be worried okay?" I said as I straightened myself up.

"Okay." She answered flashing me a smile. "Now you better get up and get ready cause Lauren is already downstairs waiting for you." She shot and my eyes widened.

"Oh shit." I exclaimed as I got up quickly and began looking for clothes in my old drawers. 

"One more thing." Kala said causing me to bring my attention back to her. "This whole thing with Lauren, do you think it's a good idea? Last time you let her in your life, she broke your heart." She said worry all over her voice.

"Don't worry about that. We are being friends that's all." I said with a slight smile.

"I just wouldn't want you to go back to Afghanistan. It was hard enough to live 6 years without you." She said and I could tell she wanted to cry at the moment. I walked to her quickly and cupped her cheeks.

"For your information baby girl, even if she does hurt me again, I don't plan on running away this time." I stated trying to reassure her and I knew I had succeeded when a smile appeared on her face. I quickly kissed her forehead before I chased her out of my room to get ready for the day.

After 30 minutes I finally was ready and walked down the stairs to greet Lauren. As I saw her sitting on the couch and looking at me I started walking towards her with a smile on my face. But on my way there, I got stopped by my mum who threw her arms around me and hugged me tight. 

"Mum. Are you okay?" I asked as I hugged her back. 

"Yeah just enjoying the fact that you are back." She whispered in my ear before disappearing again. I looked at her a frown on my face before just laughing to myself and walking back to the living room where I Lauren was. 

"That was weird." I stated as I sat next to her.

"I thought it was cute. I was about to do the same actually. She was faster than me." She said before turning her head to look at me and meeting my grin and my blushed cheeks. "Hi." She greeted.

"Hey." I greeted back before we both fell silent and stared at each other's.

"Maybe we should get going." She said after a few minutes and I nodded getting up and unconsciously extending my hand for her to hold, just like the old times. And just like the old times again, she held it and intertwined our fingers.

----------

In the car Lauren started telling me about her life as a celebrity, who she had met, what tours she had been on and how amazing her fans had been. Throughout all her speech i remained silent and just stared at her while she talked. I hadn't realized how much I still loved her until she started talking and I made the wish to be able to hear her voice at least once per days otherwise I wouldn't survive.

"We are here." She said as she parked the car. I looked around and smiled as I realized where she had taken me. I got out of the car and took a deep breath enjoying the smell of pure nature.

"I thought you were supposed to give me a tour of the new Miami, not bring me to the places I already knew." I said chuckling as I walk towards her.

"I know but as I thought about it yesterday I realized that Miami hadn't changed that much. So I thought that maybe we could go to the places that we knew, the ones that meant a lot to us." She explained with a shy smile on her face.

"Do you brought us to the old lake?" She asked. "The place where we first kissed?" I said.

"This is not the place where we first kissed." She stated shaking her head no.

"Lauren...under that tree there is the place I asked you to stop being my childhood crush or sweetheart or whatever and to be my real girlfriend. You said yes and I kissed you. But it wasn't the cute peck on the lips we used to give each other. It was the passionate kiss that meant that I was never going to stop loving you. That's what this place reminds me about." I explained letting myself smile at the memory. " How could you forget that?" I asked.

"I didn't. I was referring to the same memory unless I like to call it our first make-out session." She said with a chuckle causing me to laugh.

"That's a way to call it indeed." I said causing her to laugh to.

"Come on." She said as she grabbed my hand and started walking to the so called tree. 

----------------

We had been sitting here for an hour or so talking about some memories we had kept from this place. Things were nice, being around her felt good and none of us had done something that would betray the fact that we had feelings for each other. We were acting friendly and although The thought of kissing her did cross my mind a few times, I didn't want things to change. After a few more minutes she got up and took her shirt off making my eyes widen. I tried not to look at her perfect stomach and chest but it was too hard. It was just now that I realized that she wasn't the same than 6 years ago. She wasn't a teenage girl anymore, she was a woman, and amazingly good looking woman. When I heard her voice again was when I came back to myself. 

"What are you wanting for?" She asked and I just stared at her confused. "Take your clothes off, let's swim. Just like we used to." She shot and I tended at the thoughts of taking my shirt off in front of her, remembering the scars that covered my body.

"No Lauren. This is not a good idea." I shot but she just shook her head and grabbed my hand pulling me up. 

"Take it off." She ordered.

"Lauren I can't." I stated causing her to frown.

"I've already seen you without a shirt. Come on." 

"Lauren! I don't want you to see my body..." I shot frustrated but when I saw the hurt on her face is when realized that there were better ways to say that. "...because I don't want you to think that I'm not attractive anymore." I continued and she raised an eyebrow.

"Why would I think that?" She asked.

"Lauren. I just came back from war. I got injured. A lot. And I don't want you to see the scars i can't cover." I explained and her gaze softened as realization hit her. She came closer to me and her hand rested on my sides, as she played with the hem of my shirt.

"I will never be able to think that you are not attractive. Although you shouldn't care about that since we are just friends." She shot with a slight smirk. But soon as she began tugging on my  shirt and pulling it up she became serious again. "Don't hide from me." She whispered and she made me take it off. I had been so lost in her eyes that I hadn't noticed the movement and when I felt her fingers grazing on one of my scars is when I realized that my shirt was gone. "You've got nothing to ashamed off. You are beautiful." She whispered and the atmosphere that had been friendly until then instantly change as we stared at each other a few inches away from the others' face. Her lips dropped to my lips but as a thought invaded my mind I pulled away breaking the moment and walking inside to water.

She was still Lauren Jauregui, one fifth of Fifth Harmony, and I was still Y/N the girl she wasn't allowed to date if she wanted to keep living her dream... She was just my childhood sweetheart, my first love. Unfortunately first loves didn't always end up together...

A/N: FYI i've never said there wouldn't be some drama in this fic but it's gonna be less painful than TBSE that's a promise.

Comments are appreciated and motivating so feel free to let me know what you thought of this official first chapter!

Love you guys

-Katy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4K 185 1
148K 3.8K 22
38.3K 1K 20
Y/n was a starving, out of work artist, in need of a model. Lauren was a simple waitress, who just happened to have the look he needed. Lauren/maley...