The Moon's Shadow

By gaiaskye1

Silence. I could hear my heart beating in my chest, thumping loudly in my ears. My icy eyes were met with a p... More

☾ Chapter One
☾ Chapter Two
☾ Chapter Three
☾ Chapter Four
☾ Chapter Five
☾ Chapter Six
☾ Chapter Seven
☾ Chapter Eight
☾Chapter Nine
☾ Chapter Ten
☾ Chapter Eleven
☾ Chapter Twelve
☾ Chapter Thirteen
☾ Chapter Fourteen
☾ Chapter Fifteen
☾ Chapter Sixteen
☾ Chapter Seventeen
☾ Chapter Eighteen
☾ Chapter Nineteen
☾ Chapter Twenty
☾ Chapter Twenty-one
☾ Chapter Twenty-two
☾ Chapter Twenty-three
☾ Chapter Twenty-four
☾ Chapter Twenty-five
☾ Chapter Twenty-six
☾ Chapter Twenty-seven
☾ Chapter Twenty-eight
☾ Chapter Twenty-nine
☾ Chapter Thirty
☾ Chapter Thirty-one
☾ Chapter Thirty-two
☾ Chapter Thirty-three
☾ Chapter Thirty-four
☾ Chapter Thirty-five
☾ Chapter Thirty-Six
☾ Chapter Thirty-seven
☾Chapter Thirty-nine
☾ Chapter Forty
☾ Chapter Forty-one
☾ Chapter Forty-two
☾ Chapter Fourty-three
☾ Chapter forty-four
☾ Chapter forty-five

☾Chapter Thirty-eight

1.2K 63 9
By gaiaskye1

We got back to the compound later than expected,  I was exhausted, but it was fun, nice to just spend time with the girls.

I walked up the stairs of Jett's house, smiling at the day's events. I let out a content sigh as I grabbed some clothes to bring into Jett's room.

After I grabbed a handful, I walked back out when I heard rustling coming from Jett's Office.

I frowned, if he were back he would've told me, and I knew no one was supposed to be in there without him.

The door was slightly open, I poked my head in and watched a pack member I didn't recognize slowly go through the Jett's desk.

Something was off, I didn't know every pack member, but this guy did not seem familiar, he didn't smell like the other pack members. He didn't have the dark hair and olive skin that was so prominent in the Onyx pack.

I cleared my throat, the man's head whipped up to me, his eyes slightly bulging.

His eyes studied me intently causing the hair on the back of my neck to stand.

"You're not supposed to be in here," I said flatly, trying to make my tone final.

He shifted, glancing down to whatever he was looking at on Jett's desk before finally responding.

"Sorry ma'am, I'll leave at once."

I raised an eyebrow, ma'am? Besides the few friends I had here, I was now addressed as Luna regardless if I knew the person or not. I started to feel even more uneasy, this man was not from this pack, especially since I was announced as Luna only a day before, if he was here he would have known.

He quietly shuffled out the room and out of the house. I watched him close the door before I quickly made my way back to Jett's office to make sure nothing was stolen.

I sighed a bit; it's not like I would even be able to notice if something missing or not, I didn't know everything that was on his desk.

I contemplated calling Jett to let him know, but he wouldn't be back till tomorrow, so I didn't want to put him even more on edge.

With a huff I left, making sure the door shut behind me before walking back into Jett's room. After I put the clothes I brought away. I quickly showered before snuggling into his bed, thankful it smelled like him.

I woke up to the multiple voices yelling in my head. I grabbed my head a bit, looking at the clock beside me. It was almost two, what on earth?

"Luna!" Another voice yelled.

I could barely keep up with everyone calling for me. Finally a voice I knew cut through them all.

"Rhea!" Athena's voice came through, "You need to come outside!"

Without even answering, I ran outside as fast as I could still in my oversized shirt and shorts, not even stopping for shoes.

The minute I stepped outside, it was pure chaos. I stared in horror at the flames that engulfed multiple houses; the smoke burned my throat.

"Oh my Goddess..." I whispered, suddenly being pulled in a direction towards a house that was on fire.

My mind slightly registered that it was Octavia, "Rhea!" her voice brought me out of my shock.

"What happened?" I yelled over the screaming people.

"I don't know! There are people in some of the houses though!"

I looked around, a few people were hysterically crying, most worked to put out the fires. I stopped dead in my tracks when I realized Athena's small house was on fire.

"WHERE'S ATHENA AND RYKER?" I choked back on some tears, my mind assuming the worst.

Octavia just shook her head grimly, "I don't know, I don't know where anyone is."

I tore out of her grip running as fast as I could towards their house, finding Athena outside without Ryker.

"Where is he?!" I asked her, tears pouring down my face when she looked at me.

"He was helping another house..." She trailed, staring at her house that was slowly disappearing.

I felt a little relief, but it was replaced almost immediately by the sheer panic I felt everywhere around me, the fear was palpable in the ashy air.

Knowing that they were safe, I ran to the next house, a mother sat screaming outside the house.

I instantly recognized her. She was a frequent patient of Millicent. "Lacy! Lacy are you okay?" I screamed once I reached her.

"Luna! My son, Peter!" She screamed, pointing to the house.

I stared at the house, my eyes wide, the flames were quickly eating it, half of it was already engulfed. Without thinking I ran into the house, trying to shield my face from the extreme heat, my eyes burned from the smoke almost immediately.

"Peter!" I called out, unsure of where to go. I looked around, what used to be the living rooms that was now swallowed in flames, there was no way I could go in there.

I coughed a bit and ran over up the stairs, my bare feet intensely burning with each step I took.

"Peter!" I called out again, trying to listen for any sound besides the crackle of the flames.

"Help!" A small voice called from a room.

I turned the corner, trying to enter a room but quickly realized I couldn't make it through the flames. I ran to the next room, coughing even more.

"Peter!" I called, hoping he was in this room.

"Help me!" He called out from another room. I ran out of the room into the one the voice came out of, finding him in the corner unharmed.

"Come here, sweetie!" I extended my hand out for him to take it. He ran over and I quickly scooped him up to get out of the house as fast as we could.

I ran as fast as I could, but right before we were about to reach the bottom of the stairs a beam from the ceiling fell in front of the door, causing us both to squeal.

The bottom half of the house was burning, fast. The front door was the only way out.

"Peter, I need you to hold on to me as tight as you can and don't look," I coughed, trying to stay calm, taking a step back before I ran as fast as I could, jumping over the beam. The aggressive flames wrapped around my legs, I winced at the pain, slightly clenching my jaw before we made it outside.

"Peter!" Lacy screamed, tears pouring down her face.

I put him down and watched with a sad smile as he ran to his mom, sobbing.

I looked down at my feet, the skin was red and blistered in some spots, I noticed my skin had been charred but tried to suck it up. There was no time to worry about myself, my first priority was everyone else. I ran to the next house, making sure everyone was out.

Members worked together to put out the fires, it was hard work but eventually it paid off. Most of the fires had been put out or were quickly burning out once there was nothing left to burn.

I looked around, a lot of people were badly burned, but it seemed okay. It could have been worse, a lot worse.

"I need the injured to come to the compound!" I yelled over my mind link with the pack.

I watched as people helped each other up, slowly filing into the compound. I nodded a bit, with the groups separating a bit it was easier to see through all the chaos.

Six houses were completely charred, two were still burning, and one was put out in time before too much damage could be done.

It seemed the fires were contained to the western block of houses, which held the least amount of people.

I spotted Ryker helping Athena with one of the houses still burning, smiling slightly that they were okay. Octavia was helping Millicent bring water around to some of the members working to put out the fire.

I ran my hands over my face, what the hell happened?

There's no way these fires all started randomly, they were intentional. My mind snapped to the guy from earlier that was going through Jett's office. Maybe he was looking for a map of the compound, since there are more dense spots in the compound that would have had more casualties if the fires broke out there.

"Luna, the injured are in the compound," a members voice came through my head.

I turned around from the smoke, walking to the compound, slightly wincing with each step. Now that my adrenaline was dying down, the amount of pain I was in was much more evident.

I was hit with the smell of burnt flesh, my eyes that were still burning from the smoke examined the room. About fifty people laid on the ground, all had a varying amount of burnt flesh.

I exhaled deeply before walking over to find the most injured in the group.

I knelt beside an older man whose body was in bad shape, most of his clothes had been burned off. I took a deep breath, focusing on healing.

Soon, my hands began to glow, and I slowly moved them over his body. It didn't take away the burns entirely, but they looked less red, and the skin wasn't as burned as it was before.

A few minutes later I wiped some sweat off my forehead, realizing I was in for a long night, I barely finished one person and I felt like I was out of energy.

I smiled at the man who was now asleep and moved to the next person.

I worked as fast as I could, which wasn't fast at all. It took about ten minutes for me to heal someone and all it really seemed to do was take the edge off the pain.

"Rhea," Ryker came up behind me. "You should take a break, you look exhausted, and you need to treat yourself," he pointed at my legs which were still badly burned.

I frowned, "I will once everyone has been treated first."

"Rhea," his voice was a bit more stern. I laughed slightly, he reminded me of my dad.

"I will after, I promise."

He sighed as he walked back towards Athena who was sitting against a wall. The air was thick with smoke and fear, ash blew in from outside every now and then. Everyone looked defeated. Morale here was already low, now it was non existent.

I turned my attention back to my current patient, slowly working on her body. Once I was satisfied, I slowly sat down, careful not to hurt my legs that were throbbing intensely.

Exhaustion didn't even begin to describe how I felt, but I still had a lot to do before I could call it a night.

I forced myself back up after a few moments, taking another look in the room. It seemed a bit better. Most members were sleeping or quietly talking, Millicent applied salve and bandages to a few members that had minor burns.

I walked outside to check on the status of the fires. Most were entirely out now, ash littered the cobblestone walkways. I sighed; the damage that had been done was significant.

I walked over to a couple of the pack fighters that were monitoring the last of a house fire.

They bowed a bit in respect, I smiled sadly back at them, feeling like this was partly my fault.

"Anything to report?" I asked.

"Damage was significant, the first fire broke out was that house over there," Cole answered, pointing to a house that was on the furthest away lined by trees.

I nodded while looking at the house. It was remote and would be a good distraction while whoever set the fires made their way through the compound.

"Did you tell Alpha Jett what happened?" Tyler, another one of the men asked.

I sighed, "No I didn't, I will inform him tomorrow. Please keep up the good work," I smiled at them before walking back into the compound.

Millicent walked over to me, wrapping her arm around me. "Dear, you look exhausted. We need to treat those legs of yours," she frowned while looking down, slowly guiding me to a wall.

"It's okay, I want to make sure everyone is okay first."

"Everyone is better thanks to you, now let's focus on you," She sighed as we sat against an empty wall.

"I saw your new healing power, it's quite impressive," Millicent smiled at me.

I nodded, "It's draining though."

"Do you have any energy left to treat yourself?"

I slowly shook my head, I had nothing left in me. I would have to wait till tomorrow to treat the wounds with my healing powers.

Millicent smiled, "That's okay. I'll take care of you now."

I flinched as the salve cooled my burning skin, letting out a small sigh I closed my eyes letting the exhaustion take me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

626 42 18
#2 New Moon Series _An enemy of an enemy is a friend_ I have yearned for a mate ever since I learnt of one. Thoughts about having someone who would l...
931K 30.8K 42
Highest ranking - #1 in Werewolf #2 in Attraction "Damn Bella, why the hell are you so stubborn?! You are my mate and if I want to mark you, I will f...
253K 5.9K 27
Clarity is the Daughter of one of the biggest packs in America.. the Blue Mountain Pack. Her brother is the next Alpha in line and is overly protecti...
562K 12.8K 45
''Alpha Ross Lynch of Black Night pack!'' the man said and everybody looked up the stairs. And there stood the most amazing looking man I have ever s...