The Niqabi Girl

Af screebles

Currently #1 in Niqabi. Mere

١
٢
٣
٤
٥
Salaam!
٦
٧
٨
Salaam!!
٩
١١
١٢
١٣
١٤
١٥
١٦
١٧
١٨
١٩
٢٠
٢١

٠١

2K 181 50
Af screebles

Dedicated to youngWwriter
الحام.

I learnt the language of the winds for you
So when the air grows up n down
Darling i know you need my smile by your side

I learnt the dance of the angels for you
So when the sun is hot
I will dance cloudy clouds down you for shades

I learnt the secret of the hearts for you
So babyboo when my heart races you to the finish line
Just know i am yours forever

@Poeticbbl

Elham's POV.

"Okay but seriously, who wears a Niqab to a party?" I asked them. Asaad, Yasmeen and I were currently in his car, heading to the party. I was so uncomfortable and I couldn't even believe that my mom also forced me to go for this birthday party. Calling me 'lame' and 'I needed to get a life' because sometimes she wondered who was the 'teenager between both of us'.

"Can you just stop complaining already?" Yasmeen said, as she took some pictures of herself with her phone.
I didn't think they understood the fact that going to a party like this was going to attract unnecessary and unwanted attention which I most definitely did not want. And apart from that, I had never ever attended a party or anything of such so everyone was going to be surprised and giving me way awkward stares. I sighed, I was going to have to deal with it. I'd probably isolate myself in the kitchen there, or wherever it was that loners hung around.

I noticed Asaad was quiet throughout. He had barely said a 'hey' to me. Times when he was like this, i didn't know if I was supposed to give him some space or not. He was just such a complicated person.

I didn't know what to think of Yasmeen. We were definitely polar opposites. She was talkative, a very social person, she also seemed like a tough girl, surprisingly very intelligent because we had a few conversations about school work and she knew more than I ever had. Apparently she was also a book worm, had a think for cooking, and was 'Zendaya's biggest fan'. She was a simple person despite all these and very easy going. I liked her but I was yet to completely understand her so I wasn't going to get comfortable around her soon.

I noticed the car driving through large gates which automatically flew open. The car stopped at a point and Yasmeen jumped out in excitement. The loud music coming from inside was enough to make me feel the lump in my throat right now. Before I could do anything, Asaad walked to my door and flew it open.

I took a deep breath and stepped down.

Relax Ilham. Nobody's gonna eat you up.

I shut the door close and turned to realize he was staring at me.

I arched a brow, aware that he couldn't see my face.

"I see you have some makeup on" he smirked. I took a step back when I realized he was standing too close.

He frowned at that.

"Yeah". I broke the eye contact, diverting my gaze to the mansion standing meters away. I breathed. "Yasmeen coerced me Wallah. And it's really getting all itchy"

Yasmeen.

I searched for her in the group of people sprinkled outside. She was posing for a picture as some tall guy who I was sure was from our school, snapped her.

"Who says 'coerced'?" He gave an amused look. I shrugged.

Are we going in? Are we not going in?

"Anyways" he continued.

"You should wear it more often. Whatever it is you've got on your eyes"

I blushed. It was just some eyeliner and mascara that Yasmeen had applied on me. I always had them but I never bothered applying any.

"Thanks. You do not look too bad yourself". He was dressed in a cotton black T-shirt and black trousers.
Typical Asaad.

He smiled shortly as he led the way. We reached we're Yasmeen was standing. Said a few hey and hellos before the three of us strutted into the building.

*******

The first half of the party wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. Yasmeen showed me around her home, said her parents had 'travelled out', introduced me to her older brother, and a couple of her friends. After that, I found my way to the kitchen downstairs and had some orange juice. I decided to stay there for some time since there were only a couple of people there. I sure did get the states I was avoiding, but everyone seemed to mind their business.

I hadn't met Yasmeen's sister, yet. Apparently, she was at a friend's house and she was only going to show up when the house was full because she wanted a 'grand entrance'.

Girls.

I had no present for her but Yasmeen assured me it was fine.

Picking up my phone, I kept myself busy with some games.

About twenty minutes later, I stood up. I needed to use the bathroom.

As I made my way through the crowded house, I glued my eyes to the floor avoiding any eye contact with people. It took quite long before I could get upstairs. There were like more than a hundred people downstairs, no exaggeration. And if that wasn't 'full', then maybe she was going to make her grand entrance when a stampede happened.

I sighed, walking down the corridor.
I opened the door to one of the bathrooms Yasmeen had shown me, but then I quickly closed it realizing it wasn't the right door. I was about to turn and try the next door when I realized I had seen something.
I opened the door again.

The lights were dim, a countable amount of people were there. Mostly guys. Smoking, drinking.
That wasn't my business but what caught my attention was Asaad. On a chair, with a hookah pot on the table in front of him. As if that wasn't enough, there was a girl beside him, her hands everywhere on him. My gaze diverted back to him, he wasn't bothered by the girl, he didn't seem so at least. He was more focused on the smoke he was inhaling, in and out. His eyes staring into space like he was calculating something. He looked livid.

I was shocked. I gulped.

I should leave.

And then his eyes met mine. He stiffened for a while. I could feel myself sweating everywhere. Why did it hurt?

I took a few steps backwards and then I bumped into someone.

"What the?" She paused. "You again? What the heck are you doing at my house? Who invited you here???" She was holding a glass of wine and by the stain on her white dress, I had splashed most of it in her when I bumped into her.

"I'm-I'm sorry. I ruined your dress" I truly felt bad, and I was already confused and hurt. I couldn't deal with anymore drama.

And then it rang in my head. Her house?

Was she?

"That's all you can do. You can only say sorry. Do you know how much this dress is fucking worth?! I had saved it for this day and you just fucking ruined. Why're you here anyways?!" She was now shouting at the top of her voice.

She had every right to be mad at me for ruining her dress.

But it wasn't intentional.

"I'm sorry"

"Stop saying sorry and get the fuck out! You're totally not welcome here. Just take a look at yourself. Who even wears this to a birthday party. And I'm pretty sure I didn't invite you. I'd never associate myself with a sorry excuse for a girl like you. Now do me a favor and leave here. You do not belong here"

I was frozen at my spot. Remember when I said the first half of this party wasn't as bad as I imagined? Well I guess I was counting my eggs before they hatched.

I stopped the tears in my eyes from falling. I wasn't going to show her I was weak. People were now gathered.

"I said leave! Can't you hear me?"

I really wished I could move but my legs were heavy.

"Ugh!" She splashed the rest of the wine on my face causing my head to jerk a bit backwards, then she threw the glass on the floor, causing it to break into so many pieces, just the way my heart was.

And as if that wasn't enough, Amna showed up, making her way through the people who were around us.

"Far- Ilham? What on earth are you doing here? Were you stalking us or what?"

Her eyes flickered to Farhanna's dress and her mouth dropped open.

"Oh my gosh! She did this?"
Farhanna nodded while glaring at me.

"How dare" she couldn't finish her sentence because she proceeded to slap me across the face. "How dare you? First of all, you weren't invited here, secondly, you show up and decide to ruin her dress, do you know how much it costs, you cannot afford to pay for this even with all your life savings. So just because you don't want her around Asaad and you're probably jealous because he's giving her more attention, you decided to get back at her. I knew you weren't as innocent as you always pretended to be!"

By now, I'm pretty sure everyone at the party was trying to find their way to the front just to see what's happening. A lot of flashing cameras around from people recording and I had never been so humiliated.

If I knew this was her birthday party, I'd have never agreed to come.

I hung my head down and began walking away.

"Ilham. Farha. Oh my gosh what's going on?" I knew it was Yasmeen but I didn't look back. I was way to hurt. And I had made up my mind that after I stepped my foot outside this building, wasn't going to speak neither her or Asaad ever again.

Yasmeen to understand what gas just happened because she started yelling at her sister. "What the fuck? Why'd you do that? If I knew it was Ilham you were shouting at like that, i wouldn't have taken any fucking time before coming. What the fuck? Are you in your senses?"

I stopped in my tracks but didn't turn.

"Well I don't know how you know Ilham but letting you invite your friends for my party doesn't mean you get to invite girls like her!"

"Well this might be your party but I have every right to this house as much as you do so you can't tell me who to and who not to invite. I'm sick and tired of your bitchy attitude and I might stand you when you're all bratty but I'd never let you treat my friend like that, never"

"That girl is your friend?" Amna asked.

"Yes. And she is better than the both of you joined together!" I turned.
At that, they launched at each other. The both of them throwing punches at Yasmeen.

This party escalated quickly.

She did make a grand entrance though.

Before I could do anything, I noticed Asaad and some other guy coming in, pulling the girls apart.

Asaad pulled. Yasmeen, holding her behind him, before he shot a glare at Amna and Farhanna.

"The last time you touched her, what did I tell you?" He asked, not specifically shooting the question at any of them.

"Answer me!"

They jumped in fear at this.

He looked at me.
"I promise you I wasn't aware. I'm sorry" his eyes were a very dark shade of grey, almost completely black.

And then he switched his gaze back to them. "I promise you two, I'm not letting this slide"

And then he walked to me, took my hands in his, and pushed us through the crowd. Everything was weird and shocking. Especially the skin contact. But we were all messed up at that point. Everybody's eyes were on me, scanning me, murmuring, snickering.

When we reached outside the building, I stopped and pulled my hand away from his. Yasmeen came from behind.

"Elham I'm so sorry"

Asaad sighed looking at my hand, then me. "Let's get you home"

I looked at the both of them and shook my head.

"I don't need your help getting home"

"It's late, I can't let you alone"

"Don't come trying to make me feel cared for. You don't care about me and neither of you are my friends. So I'm going to find my way home and none of you should try to stop me"

And I made my way outside.

As the cool breeze hit me, I let the tears I had been holding on to flow out. This world was cruel. Life was hard. I knew something was going to go wrong at this party but this was too much for a night.

I had never been so humiliated in my life. Even the times Amna tried humiliating me this much, Imaan would stand up for me. That was someone who cared for me. A true friend.

I picked up my phone from my purse and dialed her number.
I fell to the ground and wrapped my arms around my knees as she picked.

She sounded surprised and as I broke into a cry, it switched to concern. I couldn't remember what exactly happened but I knew when she asked me where I was, I said 'Farhanna's birthday party'. She definitely heard about it, so she was surely going to find her way there.

After what seemed like hours but was merely fifteen minutes, she pulled up in her mother's car, came out, helped me into the car, got into the car, and drove off.

I couldn't clearly remember what happened after that but I tried my best to say "thank you" to her repeatedly.

**************************************************

AN: Salaam! Okay those so for all those who keep on asking for longer chapters, I plan on writing this book in 70 chapters so I don't want them too long.
Yes

But thank you all for the reads!  Let's get this book to 20k reads!
Please do vote and comment because I'd really really appreciate it.
Love you all!
Salaam alaykum!

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

3.5K 352 32
As Ouahib arrives in town , carrying the weight of a family that has weathered hardships, including parental separation, and the lingering echoes of...
132K 7.5K 42
He is funny jokes. She is shy smiles. He is sarcastic. She is logistic. He finds positives in life. She finds negatives in life. He is a playgr...
368K 16.4K 27
A short story by a rookie writer.Please give it a try though Love is a combination of respect, friendship, understanding, communication and companion...
485K 9.6K 13
*Highest Ranking #2 on What's Hot list- Spiritual* #1 in Hausa. #1 in Deen. #1 in MuslimRomance #1 in ProjectNigeria. Imagine being in a type of hou...