Bet On It | H. Styles

By hunflowers

All they want is to see their best friends -- who hate each other beyond belief -- fall in love. So they put... More

i
ii
iii
iv
v
vi
vii
viii
ix
x
xi
xii
xiii
xiv
xv
xvi
xvii
xviii
xix
xx
xxi
xxii
xxiii
xxiv
xxvi
xxvii
xxviii
xxvix
xxx
xxxi
xxxii
xxxiii
xxxiv
xxxv
xxxvi
xxxvii
xxxviii
xxxix
xl
xli
xlii
xliii
xliv
final note
new story! (...again)

xxv

7.5K 201 155
By hunflowers

Maybe drinking wasn't always the answer.

I definitely didn't miss waking up at noon with a splitting headache that could only be cured by plenty of water, coffee, and a taco.

I need a lot of tacos. Preferably from Taco Bell.

I had woken up maybe fifteen minutes ago but I never tempted to open my eyes or remove myself from the comfort of my bed. My comforter was pulled over my head, guarding me from the blaring sun that shined through the curtains. I knew eventually I'd have to get up, but my bed was heaven that engulfed and embraced me, holding me hostage from the reality that is my life.

The sun shined through my curtains, emitting an orange glow through my white comforter and my eyelids. I heaved out a sigh, finally gaining the courage to get up.

Pushing the blanket off of my body, I sat up in bed knuckling my eyes to get rid of any sign of sleep. My head pounded, letting me know how angry it was at me for drinking so much last night.

After my conversation with Ethan, I lost track of what drinks I had, no memory of anything else that happened within the last twelve hours. The only thing I do remember is tripping up the stairs on my way to my room while singing "Dancing Queen" by ABBA.

Hearing commotion from downstairs, I placed my feet onto the cold wood floor and made my way downstairs to get some water, coffee, and Advil. Sadly, there are no tacos here, nor are there any Taco Bell's within a close enough distance that I'd be willing to walk or bike ride over to. Also, the thought of food made me nauseous, so perhaps eating wasn't the best idea.

Holding onto the railing while walking down the stairs – to make sure I don't fall down the steps this time – I spot Patty and Derek making breakfast, or I guess lunch. Looking over into the living room, Liam was passed out on the couch with his arms tucked under the pillow his head was on and the throw blanket half on his body and half on the floor. He looked not in the slightest comfortable whilst laying on that couch, and I wondered as to why he wasn't in his room.

"Good morning sleeping beauty," Patty called from the kitchen at the notice of my presence.

"Hi," I mumbled, shuffling my feet across the floor and over to the them.

"I know you must be dealing with a massive hangover, especially after the night you had, so I did you the favor of making some coffee, pouring some water, and getting you some tacos," she smiled, pushing the Taco Bell bag over to me.

"No way!" I beamed, immediately yanking open the bag and taking out the tacos. Opening the wrapping, my mouth watered at the sight of the juicy meat, cheese, lettuce, and tomato heaven. So much for being nauseous. I took a bite, a low moan escaping my mouth as my day has been made so much better.

"You're welcome. The journey it took to get these, you should be grateful forever."

"Oh, trust me, I am," I sighed peacefully, already finishing up my first taco.

"Patty, why don't you ever do things like this for me?" Derek questioned, placing his hand on  his chest over his heart.

"Because I can't stand you," Patty shrugged, finishing up the salad she's been making.

"Well, you weren't saying that just a few hours ago now were you?"

I sent Derek a glare, not wanting to stop eating my tacos to go throw up at the thought of them having sex. I saw it once, I don't ever need to hear about it.

"And that's exactly why I can't stand you."

They continued their little bickering arguments for the remainder of lunch, a tiny food fight emerging due to it. As soon as it started, Patty regretted it. She didn't realize how ruthless Derek would be, squirting honey into her hair. In all fairness she did start it. She promised me she would clean the area as soon as she got out of the shower, running upstairs to her room. I shook my head at their childishness, noticing my headache to have simmered down a little. But that little bit of relief made me feel a lot better, and now I was ready to get on with the rest of my day.

Looking out through the glass doors that led to the back patio, I saw the sun beaming down on the ocean, allowing the water to look warm and inviting like it was calling to me to swim in it. It's been a while since I've been in the ocean and I think now is no better time. A few people were already in the water, someone on boogie-boards, others just swimming freestyle.

"What are you staring at so intently?" Derek broke me out of my daze.

"I think I'm going to do a little surfing today."

"Surfing?"

I nodded my head, cleaning my place of my wrappers and empty coffee cup, "Haven't done it in a long time. It'll clear my head for the time being. You can come join if you'd like."

Derek dismissed that idea quickly, laughing it off. I gave him a confused look for which he made no further explanation to his little outburst. But then he just laughed harder.

"Uh. . . everything alright, Derek?"

"Have you seen "Soul Surfer"? Or "The Shallows"? Both entail surfers with horrible accidents due to sharks. I'll pass, Wendy."

"You do know they lived right?"

"Doesn't change the fact that there was a shark attack."

All of a sudden there was a loud bang coming from the living room that had me and Derek rushing over immediately. Liam was groaning on the floor, rubbing his hands over his head. I knew he seemed uncomfortable on the couch.

"Why the hell was he on the couch and not in his room?" I turned to Derek who was currently taking a photo of the situation at hand.

"Well, I don't think you'd want to be in the same room with them either."

"Who's them?"

"Harry and his 'guest,'" Liam said from below us. "I've never met a woman more annoying than her I don't believe."

"Speaking of the Devil," Derek whispered to me, making me turn my head to the stairs. I held back a laugh as I saw the girl walk down the stairs in her walk of shame. Her hair was bright red, and her skin was so clearly a fake tan that she almost looked like an orange. I placed my hand over my mouth and turned to Derek to conceal my laughter, because this girl is, for lack of a better word, a mess.

Besides the eyesore of a bad spray tan, she had makeup running down her face, her pixie-cut hair was sticking out in all directions, her own clothes were in her hand while she was wearing Harry's shirt from last night instead. Finally making her way down the stairs, she noticed us staring at her, her eyes widening and a heat rushing to her cheeks. That state of embarrassment washed away however in the matter of seconds before giving us a harsh glare.

"Can I help you?" she snarled, running her fingers through her hair.

"Who are you?" I retorted, crossing my arms over my chest.

"My name's Ginger."

Of course it was.

I couldn't hold back my laughter that time, and neither could Derek or Liam who was still on the floor. Her name suited her hair and her spicy attitude.

"What's so funny?" she spat, furrowing her eyebrows.

"Oh, nothing," I shrugged. I would've said something more crude, but I decided against it, leaving all judgement in my head. I excused myself, pushing past the scowling girl and making my way up to my room to get changed.

---

"Aw, man, I wish I could've seen her."

"You would've been worse than me!"

"Your point being?"

"If I know anything about girls, it's that we put on a tough exterior sometimes when we're the most fragile. Any more people laughing and she probably would've broken down."

I decided to invite Ethan to come join me today, seeing as how no one else wanted to. Derek was adamant on not getting attacked by a shark, Patty just wanted to lie down on the sand an absorb the sun, and the other boys were too busy nurturing to their hangovers to even think about going out into the sun. Like they're vampires or something.

I opened the door to the garage, allowing Ethan to walk in before me. I walked over to where the various surfboards we had were, pursing my lips in thought as to which one I wanted to ride today. I should start with a long-board since it's been a while but decided against it.

"Which one do you reckon?" I asked Ethan's opinion. He already brought his own which was currently strapped to the top of his car out front.

"This one seems good," he pointed to a pale green one with three stripes across the deck of the board. I smiled at that one, remembering it to be my mother's from when she used to surf. I picked it up ushering for him to move so we can get to the water quicker. He said he would meet me out back after he got his board from his car.

Closing the door to the garage from behind me, I heard a quick smack and a low groan of discomfort coming from someone. I turned my head quickly to see who I hit, noticing this Ginger girl to be leaning over in pain. Okay, I know it didn't hurt that bad.

"Are you okay?" I questioned, placing the board down against the wall. I was going to ask her if she needs an ice-pack or something but she smacked my hand away harshly before it landed on her shoulder.

"Watch where the hell you swing that thing," she spat at me, shoving past me now and slamming the door the bathroom shut. Fire almost came out of her mouth when she said that.

We're going to be lovely friends. Well, actually, why the hell was she still here? Normally, I wouldn't care much about something so trivial, but this girl had an attitude and I didn't want her in my house any longer than she had to be.

Grabbing a water bottle from the fridge and my board from the wall, I hurried outside, allowing the sun to embrace me in its warm glow. The sand was hot beneath my feet, making me move faster to the ocean that awaited me. I heard Derek call out after me to be careful and that if there were to be a shark attack, not to count on him to come save me. I wonder who wore the pants in his and Patty's relationship.

Setting my board down below, getting atop it and paddling out slightly further, waiting for Ethan to come before I begin. Being back in the ocean like this was so. . . refreshing. I forgot how much it calmed me down to have my feet swirling in circles below me as I tread the water. Or how my skin looked like it was glowing due to the salt water sticking to me. Dipping my head underwater to push back my hair, I sat back on the board and turned towards the shore waiting for my partner to show up.

The few people that were already in the water started to disperse. They probably had been in the ocean for too long, their fingers and toes turning to prunes. Children laughed as they splashed around and jumped over the tiny waves that hit the shore, their laughter piercing my ears. I miss the enjoyment of simply jumping tiny waves and thinking it was so fun.

Raising my hand above my eyes to block the sun, I spotted Ethan walking down along the beach accompanied by a few guests.

"Wendy!" Ethan waved me over. I let out a sigh, paddling back over to see what this was all about.

"We've got a few students," he gestured to the guys around.

"When I asked if you guys wanted to come you shot me down," I huffed.

"Well, that was before Harry and Miss. Redhead got busy again. She's got some set of vocals on her," Niall shivered. I grimaced at the thought.

"Okay, well, I'll go get your boards. Ethan, come help me."

Grabbing my towel from Patty and patting myself dry in order to not drag water into the house, we made our way back over to the garage to grab three more surfboards. Niall was right when he said this girl had some vocals because from even in the garage we could hear her whimpers and moans and shrieks of pleasure. I almost threw up.

"You could be in her place right now if you weren't so uptight," Ethan nudged, earning a smack on the shoulder in return from me.

"You know I'm right."

A few moments later, we started to hear a literal banging coming from upstairs. I closed my eyes in annoyance. They're going to break the freaking bed.

"Let's get out of here before I lose any more brain cells or before I kill him."

i'm so sorry for not updating in a while :( for the past week i've been dying with over an hundred degree fever and before i was dying school was a bitch and sigh

i was gonna make this chapter longer but i'll just postpone them surfing to the next chapter because then i have something planned for in the night time :)

also sorry if this was shitty i'm still not 100% and i myself don't have all my brain cells

vote and comment and share and spread love!

stay rad xo
-g

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

516 5 1
Harry and Charlie have been best friends forever, and have gone through everything together. From Harry's rise to fame to being held hostage. But whe...
26K 790 17
Harry and Ellie finally have a chance. They're both finally free of outside obligations and in a good place. A mental state that makes the relationsh...
56 1 2
Hot and Cold. That's the only way she can describe it. When a young One Direction fan girl gets swept up with Harry Styles, the conflicting and unpre...
15.7K 239 31
Harry Styles fanfiction❤️