The Lost Ones

By Ello_Beautiful_

A few weeks After the fall of the prison, everyone is separated. Daryl is on his own and wanting to die. Afte... More

The Lost Ones (A Caryl Fanfic/AU)
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Trailer
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-Two
Author's Note
Update? (AN)

Twenty-One

184 7 2
By Ello_Beautiful_

*Carol's POV*

"You- you love me?" I asked.

"Yeah. I didn't realize that I did, until today," replied Daryl.

"I- um, I love you too," I said with a smile. I felt his lips against mine in the next moment. he pulled away quickly and took his hands off my face. He sat on the bed and was looking around the room.

"What's wrong?" I asked. I sat beside him on the bed.

"Nothing," he replied.

"You can tell me, you tell me everything," I said. I stared at him for a while, until he turned to face me.

"It's just, I never thought I would find love, especially when the world ended. I always wanted to find love," he replied.

"Well you found it, so, what's wrong?" I asked.

"I'm just afraid," he replied.

"Afraid of what?" I asked. "The walkers?"

"No," he said. "I'm afraid that it's gonna turn out like it did for my parents. That, I would hate you, and I don't want to hate you,"

"It won't turn out like your parents' relationship did," I replied.

"How do you know?"

"Because we're different- you're different," I said. I started rubbing his back. "You are nothing like your parents. You are much kinder. All the abuse you went through, made you a stronger person. It made you nicer, because you didn't want to fail your kids, if you will ever have any."

"I'm afraid that I did, once," he replied.

"What?"

"I failed my kid, and his mom," he said. I was taken back. I thought I knew all about him.

"You had a kid?" I asked. I took my hand off of his back.

"I was just a stupid teenager," he replied. "Seventeen. I thought I was in love with her. Once Chase came, I panicked. I realized that I didn't love her. I stopped talking to her. Dropped out of school so I could be on my own. I moved two hours away, just so I didn't have to see her anymore."

"What was her name?" I asked.

"Billie," he responded.

"Do you ever think about them?" I asked.

"All the time," he said. "I often wonder if they're still alive. And if they are, I probably will never see them again." He reached for his pocket and pulled out a folded up picture. "I carry this around all the time to remind me not to fail Chase again." He handed me the picture. It was a picture of him holding a baby. "I look at it when I can't sleep or I'm having a bad day."

"How old was he when you left?"

"About three months," he replied. I handed the picture back to him.

"How old would he be now?" I asked.

"He would be around 21 to 23," he replied. I moved the hair out of his eyes and kissed his cheek.

"I'm sorry," I said.

"Don't be. It wasn't your fault. It was mine," he replied.

"I'm gonna go get a water," I said. I got off the bed and headed towards the door. I turned around and saw a tear streaming down his face. I opened the door and walked out. I walked downstairs and found Rick in the living room playing with Judith and Carl asleep on the couch behind him.

"Where are the waters?" I whispered.

"In that bag over there," he pointed across the room to a green backpack. I grabbed two waters and started for the stairs.

"Wait," Rick whispered.

"Yeah?" I turned around.

"Did Daryl tell you?" he asked.

"That he loves me?" I asked in reply.

"No, that I'm sorry," he said.

"No. What are you sorry for?" I asked.

"Kicking you out of the group."

"It's alright. You had to do what you had to do," I replied. I started to walk up the stairs.

"Thank you," he said. I turned around.

"You're welcome," I said. I walked over to him and kissed Judith on the head. "Good night."

"Good night."

I walked upstairs and opened the door to the room me and Daryl were staying in. Tears were streaming down his face. I put the waters on the night stand next to him and wiped the tears. He looked up at me.

"It's okay," I said. I kissed him on the head and grabbed one of the waters. I gave it to him and grabbed the other one for myself.

"Thank you, for everything," he said.

"You're welcome. We should probably get some sleep," I said. "Good night."

"Good night."

***********************************

I woke up with Daryl gone. I packed up my things and grabbed a water when I walked downstairs. About ten minutes later, the men returned. They gave everyone some food and then we headed out. I grabbed Daryl's hand, and he smiled. We walked for hours, killing plenty of walkers on the way. We stumbled upon a gated community. Rick got the bolt cutters out of his bag and broke in. He let everyone in, shutting the gate as the last person came in. We killed at least thirty walkers throughout the neighborhood. We dragged them out of the gate and chained it up. We had finally found a safe place to live. We then all looked around the whole neighborhood. It wasn't that big, but it also wasn't that small. I found a house that I wanted, and Daryl came closer to me.

"Nice place," he said.

"Yeah. It is," I replied.

"Let's go in," said Daryl.

I started walking towards the door. I opened the door and stepped in. It was huge. There were things scattered everywhere. Daryl limped in behind me. We looked around for a while.

"I'm gonna go look around upstairs," said Daryl as he walked towards the stairs. He was trying to climb the stairs but kept tripping.

"You need help?" I asked.

"Sure," he replied. I walked behind him and put my arm around him. He put his arm around my shoulder and I helped him upstairs.

"Thanks," he said.

"You're welcome," I kissed him on the cheek. He smiled and walked into one of the rooms. I walked into another room and started looking around. I opened the closet and the were lots of books in it. I took about three books and put them in my bag. Daryl came limping in with a shirt in his hands.

"What's that?" I asked.

"I found it for you," he replied as he held it up. "What do you think?"

"I like it," I said. It was a shirt.

"I thought you would," he smiled.

I embraced him in a hug. I looked up and kissed him on the cheek.

******************

I woke up and Daryl was gone. I walked downstairs and he was in the kitchen eating something.

"Look, I found pop-tarts," he said as he held his up.

"Yum," I said. I grabbed one out of the box and opened it. I gave Daryl a hug and started eating.

"Hey, you're wearing the shirt," he smiled.

"Yeah. I love it," I replied. We finished our pop-tarts and walked outside. There was a fold-out table in the middle of the neighborhood and Rick was sitting at it.

"Good morning," said Rick as we approached him.

"Good morning," I replied. Daryl just nodded his head.

"What's up?" asked Daryl.

"You see this house over there?" He pointed to a house.

"Yeah," said me and Daryl in unison.

"Well, it has a generator and its own propane system. Working lights, showers, bathrooms, stoves, ovens, everything," he said.

"That's great," I said.

"Yeah. That's where we're going to eat, make food, take showers, go to the bathroom, and have meetings and things," said Rick. "We're all taking turns with the showers right now. There's three of them, so if y'all want to take showers, you should probably get in line."

We started to walk away when Rick called Daryl back to him. I could hear every word.

"Nice," he said.

"What is?" asked Daryl.

"You two," he smiled.

"I know, man," said Daryl. I turned around and Daryl and Rick shook hands and Daryl walked towards me. Daryl smiled at me then put his arm around my shoulder. I put my arm around his waist and we walked into the house.

All of a sudden we heard a loud bang. Daryl and I rushed outside to see what was going on. Everyone else followed. One of the houses was blown up and on fire, and the gate was knocked down. The Terminians were everywhere. Soon, walkers started rushing in. Everyone grabbed some weapons and started shooting. I stuck with Daryl and we killed every walker in sight. The Terminians started shooting at everyone. 

"Daryl!" I heard Rick yell. Rick came rushing to Daryl's side. "I'm going to get the kids, and everyone out of the houses. Shoot as many of them as you can." Daryl nodded. "You too Carol." 

Rick ran to get everyone out of the houses while shooting walkers on the way. 

"Let's go," said Daryl. I followed after him, when suddenly he got knocked out by a big man. I put my gun to his face, when I felt someone hit me on the back of the head. I fell to the ground and everything went dark.

Hey! so, the picture to the right is what I think the picture would've looked like. And the video!!!!! Oh my gosh! It was perfection!! I loved their reunion!!!! The episode last night was perfect. Okay, so this has a lot of fluff in it, because it can. Lol. So, tell me what y'all thought of what Daryl said to Carol. I've decided that there is going to be one more chapter. I'm making this fanfiction a trilogy. I'll publish the next book on January 1st, so be ready. Also, the video has low quality, because that's the only one I could find. Please Vote, Comment, and Follow me for more information on this series! Love y'all!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

277 11 28
When Maddy and the rest of the group are forced onto there knees and threatened by this new group there leader finds a strange liking in Ricks daught...
81.1K 1.5K 19
When a young girl falls in love with the man across the street. Almost a 7 year age difference, will it be enough for them to keep their hands off ea...
19.2K 831 31
Grace never thought she would be stuck with the Dixons in the apocalyptic world that they are now in. She didn't choose to be with the brothers, yet...
171K 3.9K 75
BOOK 2 OF 3 The group reaches Alexandria and is torn between decisions they have to make, while still going through sad, tragic losses in the group...