A Dying Flower | K.sj

By Army_4ever_RJin

Would it have been different if he wasn't left alone? Would the flower come back to life or would it wilt to... More

Home
Not a lie
Makeover
Too Much
Training
Time together
Close
Everything Hurts
Yet To Cope
A New Mask
A Wreck
Red's game
Escape
Sold
Late
Reunited
How is he?
Out
Trial
Better thoughts...
Haunting Memories
A Tired Body
Don't look
Enough
Even worse?
Speaking Out
Outside World
Drunk
Blind
Found
Not Ready
Accepted
Clearing Things
Epiphany
Sequel

The call

2.3K 122 25
By Army_4ever_RJin

No one got to slip into the land of dreams, not a single person. All they did was either let the hot liquid that ran down their cheeks darken the color of the pillow or stare blankly at the shadows of the room with one person in mind.

Nothing felt real but everything proved otherwise.

They didn't feel complete. No matter how long a member stayed up late at practice, they always knew that he will come back, that he's alright, that the day will be finished with them all sleeping under the same roof.

No one talked about the matter after they left the company. Holding hands and staying close to each other was their silent way in reassuring one another that they're here and to stay strong, but who is there for Seokjin?

The day passed slowly like this. With them being silent and distant. Each in their room. Only moving when necessary and eating when Sejin gathered them for meals that they left half untouched.

When the first day passed like this, Namjoon was the first to take a deep breath and pull himself up on his legs the second day.

He found Jungkook in Jimin's room, crying his eyes out once again. Turns out the moment he was left alone, the monster in his mind was unleashed. Preventing him from falling into the sleep he needed in fear that when he wakes up, unpleasant news about his hyung is what will greet him.

Jimin was no better. He was caressing Jungkook's back in a comforting manner as the hands around him clutched his shirt tightly but his glassy eyes and trembling lips spoke for him. That he too needed someone to help him move through this tough time, to tell him that their hyung will be coming back.

Even though Namjoon was in the room, doing his best to help calm Jungkook down. He wasn't really sure what the right words or actions to do were. He couldn't simply lie and say that their hyung will be coming back when Jungkook asked him if he will between his hiccups.

"W-what if we don't get to s-see him again?" His voice was faint, so small as if he was afraid of talking.

"Have faith Jungkook" Namjoon wrapped his arms around Jungkook, engulfing him with Jimin in a hug from both sides.

"What if they murder him?!" He screamed but it was muffled by Jimin's shirt.

"They won't-"

"They're criminals hyung! Not ordinary people who just made their way into our house and took Hyung without leaving a trace" He shook his head.

Namjoon tightened his grip around the younger "They won't throw his life away just like that" He breathed deeply "The detective said it, they're probably after money. If they want to get it, they need hyung. His life is important to them" He tried to convince him.

"He's right kook. Please don't think like that" Jimin kissed his forehead "We can't lose hope so early. Let's wait together for news about hyung, yeah?"

Jungkook wasn't completely convinced but a small nod was his answer after a few silent moments save for his hiccups. He would try to wait for news rather than making them for himself.

"Let's sleep now. How about that?" Jimin asked softly and the three of them laid on the bed like this. With Jungkook between Jimin's and Namjoon's arms. Giving each other comfort and helping Jungkook fall into the sleep he needed.

Unkown to the three of them. The eldest rapper's ears, along with the main dancr and Taehyung were listening from behind the thin door. They were in the same position in Hoseok's room minutes ago since in actuality, Namjoon wasn't the first to take that deep breath. Yoongi was.

___

In one world, Jungkook was seeing his eldest hyugh in a dream he would later wish for to take the place of reality.

In another world, the hyung Jungkook is dreaming of was sweating as if he just finished hours of nonstop dancing. He woke up to Midori staring at him in his sleep as his hand laid on top of Seokjin's chest, patting him like a mother would to her baby.

"What are you doing?!" Seokjin backed away till the collar held him in place, which wasn't really far.

"Helping my kitten?" He smiled that innocent smile which reminded Seokjin of Jungkook "You were frowning in your sleep so I thought maybe some patting would make you feel better" Midori explained himself, not that he needed to though.

Seokjin scoffed, it's true that he was having a nightmare which he can't really remember the events of now but it's been a long time since he last had one. If anything, Seokjin is sure that Midori and the criminals with him are the ones who caused it so trying to calm Seokjin by patting him only managed to wake him with a startle. He was never a heavy sleepier and he surely did not need Midori to comfort him.

"What do you want?"

Midori hummed. He didn't get what Seokjin meant.

"Why did you come here in the first place? You did not possibly come to watch me sleep" Seokjin wanted him out, to stay alone. He hated the presence of him and the others.

"I don't really have that much time anyway so I'll answer your simple question" He leaned into Seokjin's personal space, putting a hand on his thigh to hold himself as he leaned down to grab the plastic bag on the ground behind the singer.

"Food" A plastic bag was raised "You must be hungry" He placed it on Seokjin's lap, though the singer immediately pushed it off him.

"I'm not hungry"

Midori titled his head "Sure? You haven't eaten since you came here" He was ignored as Seokjin moved himself to lay back down on his side, facing the window and giving his back to Midori who shrugged and got off the bed.

"I'll leave it here anyway" He made his way to the door "And today no one will be coming here again. We had plans for you but it's moved to tomorrow since it's a busy day so enjoy your time alone. Bye little kitten" A smile crossed his face once again before he softly closed the door behind him.

Seokjin sighed and covered his whole body with the blanket he finally decided to use, just like a ball on a bed. And that's how the day went. Awfully silent and dark.

___

Around early afternoon the next day, the hotel rooms the six members stayed in were empty.

The day before, when they gathered in Jimin's room, it was made clear that they were all willing to hear the call today. They wanted their hyung back so crying and isolating themselves won't be the right option if they wanted to help and that's why for the second time, they were meeting Detective Min-Jae.

He was alone this time, no officers or anyone with him. They were told that it's safe to go back to their house today, though unfortunately, they couldn't find any evidence. No finger print. No hair strand. Nothing.

They were also told that since a lot of drawers were opened, they believe some things were stolen but would need their help to identify what exactly.

"Let's get to what we came to do here today" Min-Jae had everything already prepared "All of you want to hear the recording?" He asked to make sure and they all nodded without hesitation, determined to help in any way possible.

"We don't want to waste time, if you want us to do something, just say it and we will" Namjoon was the one to speak.

"Alright" Min-jae moved to the side of the table where his already opened laptop is and started clicking on it.

They all put on the wireless headset which was on the table in front of them, including Si-hyuk who already heard the recording once and Min-jae himself.

"Focus on what you will hear" He started typing on the keyboard what seemed like a password "If you recognize any of the two voices, it would lead us straight to the criminals and the victim, but if you don't, then it can't really be helped" He looked up at everyone for a second.

"Listen" The audio started to play.

A short beeping sound was heard a few times until a male dispatcher picked up the call. At first, nothing but silence could be heard before they all listened to Seokjin whisper calmly and give the person on the other line the information he needed without being asked.

Seokjin answered to whatever the dispatcher asked. His voice wasn't stable but unlike they imagined, it was composed. The line stayed silent for a few seconds again. There was chattering in the background but they couldn't understand anything from it for it sounded far.

The two youngest flinched when a loud thud was heard and they all froze in their place when Seokjin screamed at someone to get away from him.

"How dare you hit me?!" The low voice echoed in their headsets.

Seokjin screamed at the man again and even though they couldn't see it, it sounded obvious that some fighting was happening. They heard every breath and gasp. Everything.

"Fuck you" Was something the members of bangtan never heard their hyung say before. A swear to come out of his mouth was as rare as rain in antarctica.

Another loud thud was heard again and the six members' hearts shattered at the tone of their helpless hyung "No! Stop! Stop it! Get off me!" He sounded very frightened.

Their blood ran cold. Jimin couldn't hold the sparkles in his eyes from falling when terrifying threats left the man's mouth. It was dead silent but they didn't miss the sound of a click and the words which confirmed their theory of what it was. The nonstop jumping of legs, shivering hands and tears revealed to Min-Jae how hard it is for the boys to hear their hyung scream in fear. It was a heart breaking sight.

"we'll take him"

"W-what?! No-" Muffled screams where all they could hear after that as the man placed a rag over Seokjin's mouth and nose. Forcing him to inhale the drug on it.

                             ______
"Put him in the van" Red who was threatening Seokjin ordered and the man easily lifted the now unconscious singer on his right shoulder. He was about to walk out of the room but halted in place when his eyes caught a familiar light.

"Red" The man looked at the object on the floor and Red's eyes followed his eyesight before bending down to grab the still connected to the police phone. He cursed under his breath and smashed the phone to the ground. Shattering it to hundred pieces of glass.

Red wasted no time in ordering all the men to gather in the van and moving. It was the first time in the five years he's been doing this job to have the van they kidnapped people with, pass right by the rushing police cars. It was his first time being this close to getting caught.

But luck seems to always have Red's side.
                             _____

Everything felt more real to the six horrified members of BTS. Having heard their beloved hyung's terrified and trembling voice, including the conversation which occurred crushed their hearts and broke it into millions of pieces that the only person who would be able to bring them back together is none other than Seokjin. They couldn't picture the amount of terror their hyung felt as he faced the criminals all by himself. Their hearts cried for him in frustration and sadness.

No one said anything. The room was silent save for the hiccups and sniffs which left the youngest three.

"I know how hard this is for all of us but please try to stay strong, for yourselves and for Seokjin too" Pd-nim sighed "I'm not telling you to hold back your tears but crying won't do us any good right now." He looked at them all one by one. Min-jae didn't know if it was because Si-hyuk is their boss or his words and steady voice but they all seemed to try and hold back their sobs. It was only a matter of a minute or so before the room was quite again. And no it wasn't for any of the reasons Min-Jae thought of. It was because they promised to stay strong and Si-hyuk merely reminded them of that.

The detective cleared his throat "Alright so tell me, did any of you recognize the voices you've heard at all?"

All the boys simply moved their heads sideways as a no.

"Focus. Does no one come to your mind?" He tried.

They were silent for a few seconds, trying to remember if any of the two voices matched with a person they know but it was a no again. It was their first time hearing these voices and they wouldn't forget a deep one like Red's.

"As we speak, our men are doing their best in searching for your friend" A little supporting information might give hope "We're tracking down all the cars that passed by the cctv camera from the road which leads to your place ten minutes before the call started and the time after "He left out the part that so far they couldn't find anything suspicious with the people they started with. No clues yet and if they don't manage to find any, Min-Jae was worried that they won't be able to find Seokjin anytime soon. He was assigned cases like this so many times before but the ones where he couldn't find clues were few and most of the time ended unsolved or didn't even end.

He didn't have any more words to say, so with a heavy heart, he ended today's meeting.

___

Locks were given to the members, a password and a key for the new designed metal door which looked rather nice.

Unlike they expected, the house was tidy as if untouched. It didn't give the feeling that something horrible happened but as the members checked their rooms, they started to notice the missing items.

Almost all of their jewelry was nowhere to be found, the extra phone Jungkook and Taehyung had, the hyung lines laptops, many of their expensive clothes and even their underwear which they didn't know will be sold to some sick sasangs for a high price.

No one stayed alone in their rooms after listing down the things which were missing. They silently cuddled in the living room with the television which was talking to itself on. Not knowing what the next few minutes had in store for them.

___

"Have you been good?" Red asked after he opened the door to the room Seokjin was in, followed by the twins again. He moved into the room and pulled the blanket away from Seokjin who wrapped himself from the cold and hid his body in the whole time he was left by himself. The singer was startled and sat up against the headrest in an instant.

"Chill. I'm not going to kill you" a pause "Yet" He chuckled and sat down in front of Seokjin on the bed.

"You entertain me quite a lot. I'd love to spend the day with you but sadly I don't have time for that" He faked a sad expression that did not fit his features.

Red slapped his own thigh "Let me get straight to what we'll do princess since it's about time we start earning money from you"

Seokjin's eyes landed on the device in Red's hands. It looked like one of these old phones or a walkie-talkie but more advanced.

Red's eyes followed Seokjin's gaze "This" He raised the device "will be how we contact your company for money" Seokjin's eyes widened.

"Seeing as this will be the last time you hear a voice from the people you know, we'll be kind and allow you to speak to them first so don't forget to be grateful later" His lips twitched up.

Happy? Sad? Seokjin didn't know how to feel about Red's words. The purpose of the call couldn't be only for Seokjin to hear his friends for last time, unless they decided to get rid of him. The thought was terrifying and it left the singer with a sickening feeling in the pit of his stomach.

"Tell them you're fine. Reassure them that you're in safe hands or that you're happier here, tell them whatever you want, we have all the time but don't you dare say a word about us, not our names, not how we look, not how this place even looks or all the people on the other end of the line will be able to hear is your bloody screams as I slowly slaughter you alive before selling your dead body to the rich dogs to feed on" The emphasis on Don't and the words after made chills run throughout Seokjin's body as Red eyed him with his dark eyes, leaving no place for doubt that the man meant every word of what he just said.

Seokjin slowly nodded his head as he gulped down the fear and held the device which red handed him after pressing on some of the few buttons on it. It made a ringing sound like the one no one can hear but you when on a plane.

The ringing stopped after a short wait and a familiar voice echoed in the soundproof room.

"Hello?" Simply like that, it was as if Seokjin's lungs stopped working properly. Tears flooded his eyes and he bit his lip to stop it from quivering.

"Hello?" The voice asked again and Seokjin couldn't hold his heavy breathing in but he swallows lungs of breath nonetheless and speaks up.

"T-Taehyung"

_______________________________________
I hope that you found this chapter enjoyable rather than boring.

Please comment what you think and don't forget to like!

Thanks for reading! 😊💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.1K 394 14
The boys are finally home after being kidnapped, but the road to recovery is long and challenging. Especially when nature decides to turn her back on...
145K 7.7K 92
They lost him once. A second chance is all they have to stop them from losing him again. ••••••••••••••••••••• Warning: Mature Themes
2.2K 120 80
Lalita will face pain, betrayal, judgement and love. But throughout all of this she will have to keep fighting, to get the life and family she wishes...
13.3K 894 23
Stuck between acceptance and denial, Seokjin finds himself trapped in a nightmare disguised as a living dream. Creating for his fragile heart a fake...