COURAGEOUS, BELLAMY BLAKE ( 2...

By unknownauthor108

[THE 100 / SEASONS 3 + 4] [GRACE PARKER SERIES] [BOOK TWO] More

DISCLAIMER
authors note !
✧ PART THREE ✧
ONE
TWO
FOUR
FIVE
hiiiiii - A/N
ask the author 2022

THREE

1.1K 40 16
By unknownauthor108

The trading post is a shabby little building just outside the Ice Nation border. The door is settled between two large tusks, old, wooden, and wide open. Something inside clatters to the ground, followed by a few grunts and a gruff voice grumbling something that Grace can't decipher.

She doesn't speak as she stalks up to the open door, gun drawn. Inside is a man clothed in brown leather. His short hair is caked with sweat and dirt, his muscular shape barely noticeable under the bulk of fabric surrounding him. He's hovering over a woman with fair hair, who's stretched out on the floor in front him, bleeding, whimpering, trying to get away.

He presses a blade against the skin of her wrist. "Ai na as nodotaim noumou... Weron--"

Grace doesn't hesitate. She lifts up her weapon and pulls the trigger, planting a bullet in the mans skull. He slumps to the ground with a heavy thud. The woman doesn't spare any time, springing up to her feet, palms open in front of her to show that she is not a threat. Her dark green eyes fall heavily on the M16's clutched in Skaikru's hands.

"Are you okay?" Bellamy steps out from behind Grace, one hand held out to the woman cowering away from them. She doesn't respond, too frightened to speak. "You all right?" he asks again.

It takes her a moment, but she nods curtly at Bellamy. Grace, frowning in concern of the wound across the blondes forehead, takes a tiny step toward the woman. Watching as she backs away, Grace quickly says, "Ai nou na bash yo op."

The woman doesn't respond, eyes still flickering back and forth between the guns and the people holding them, but her eyes seem to stall on Indra for a moment longer. Grace doesn't blame her. If she were in a room full of Azgeda, she would trust the one Sky Person before anyone else.

"Bounty hunter," Indra assesses, dark eyes trailing over the mans body. She nods at Kane, then strides across the room with her sword drawn. She peers into the back for a moment, then turns to the woman when she deems it safe. She sends her an affirmative nod. "Yu hon yu in osir sisplei."

"English," Pike demands, weapon raised towards Indra and the other Grounder.

Grace clenches her jaw, glancing at Kane. With a subtle nod, he directs his attention to Pike. "Pike," he says calmly. "Go outside. Take Monty and Hannah. Search the perimeter. Make sure he was alone."

Glancing down at the dead Grounder for just a split second, Pike nods in acknowledgement to Kane's order. Grace sends Monty a look that says "Watch him", but doesn't say a word. Pike turns on his heel in complete silence, exiting the trading post with Monty and his mother behind him.

Indra turns her steely gaze to the woman, features seeming to soften as she tells her, "Osir ste lufa Wanheda au."

The woman looks at he man on the floor, gaze hardening. When she looks back at the three Skaikru members, she spits, "So was he."

"Please," Bellamy whispers, "she's in danger."

She glances down at their attire, her voice light as she questions, "You're Skaikru?"

Hope blossoms in Grace's chest. She nods solemnly and wonders if the blonde can see the pain in her eyes. "Yes."

      The woman hesitates. It's just for a second, but Grace sees the concern for Wanheda in her eyes. She begins to wonder how much time Clarke managed to spend here in the months she's been gone; she would need supplies, and it was unlikely she would move any farther than a place she was comfortable in. That, and the fact she seemed to have a close bond with this woman — someone that took a beating to save her life.

      "She was here last night," she informs them. Grace opens her mouth to respond, her words dying in her throat. Last night? she thinks. Clarke had been here a mere few hours ago, and had Farm Station not delayed them than she may have been here with them now, safe. Her heart lurches at the thought. So close.

      Kane takes a tiny step forward. "Did she say where she was going?"

      "No." She glances briefly at Bellamy and Grace. "She was here when I fell asleep and gone when I woke up."

      The couple glance at one another, the hidden meaning behind the woman's words becoming clear to them. Clarke has stayed the night with this woman — had had sex with her while they were wondering about whether or not she was alive. Fury begins to burn inside of the redheads stomach at the revelation.

      "Did she give you any indication of where she might go?" Grace chokes out, shoving away her emotions for a later time. Clarke's whereabouts were more important than the aching absence she left in her wake.

      "No." The blonde nods to the body beside her feet. "But he did. He said his partner came back for her. He was Ice Nation." She pauses long enough to let out a shaky breath. When she lifts her gaze to lock on Grace, the redhead knows she's being genuine. "I hope you find her."

      "Thank you," Bellamy responds.

      Monty enters the room, snatching the attention away from the Grounder woman. "Good news," he says. "I found fresh tracks."

      Bellamy and Kane cross the room to speak with Monty. Grace turns back around to the wounded Grounder, a small sigh passing her lips as she assesses the damage. A long, deep scratch curving from her temple to the middle of her right brow. Bruises are already lining the apples of her cheeks, her pale skin appearing a scarlet red from the smears of blood. Had they shown up a minute later...

      "Here." Grace pulls a package of bandages from her pocket — she packed them in there a couple of minutes after being told Clarke was being hunted — and slides it into the woman's hands. "Ai ouyon yu klin kom mou kom dison."

      "Mochof," the woman replies, nimble fingers accepting the bandages. Forcing a short smile, she says: "My name is Niylah."

      "Grace." She nibbles on her bottom lip for a moment, eyes falling to Bellamy, Kane and Monty before fleeing back to Niylah. The blonde raises a curious brow. "Clarke— Wanheda," Grace corrects herself, heart clenching, "how was she? Was... Was she hurt?"

       Niylah seems to ponder whether or not she should lie, but seemingly decides against it as she says, "She was. A scuffle with a panther, she told me. I don't believe it was a lie."

      Grace nods, concern for her friend growing as the image of a wounded Clarke going up against a fully grown Azgeda warrior flit into her mind. Niylah, who had noticed the change in Grace's stature, sent her a small, encouraging smile. "She's strong. She will be okay."

      Grace gives her a tiny smile. She turns on her heel and stalks to the men near the door. "Niylah should be fine," she tells them. "What about the tracks you found?"

"Too many trees," Monty says. "We'll have to go on foot."

Of course, she thinks. Nothing is ever simple.

The tracks lead to a field of thigh-high grain. They tickle Grace's hands as she treads through, Bellamy at her side. Neither of the two utter a word about the situation, having decided it would be better for them to find Clarke beforehand. Monty doesn't seem to think that later is a good time for important conversations.

      "You haven't told me what happened to Dad," he says, glancing at his mother.

      Hannah doesn't look at him. "All your father wanted was to find you. He loved you. That's what matters.

      Monty falters in his step, having expected better than the answer he was given. He glances behind him at Grace, who offers him a sensitive smile. Shaking his head, he continues trudging forward.

      Pike turns to Bellamy. "Can I ask you a question?" The man nods. "Last report we got on the Ark, you were under attack by Grounders. What changed?"

      Grace swallows thickly. Memories of Mount Weather flicker through her mind: her friends going missing; getting tortured; watching her friends die; getting her bone marrow taken. A shiver runs down her spine at the thought.

      "Well," Bellamy starts, glancing at the redhead at his side, "it turns out we had a common enemy."

      Pike raises a brow. "What happened to them?"

      "We won," Grace retorts bitterly.

      "Quiet," Indra demands, voice low and cool. Her hand comes up to signal silence. "Listen."

      Grace tightens her grip on her weapon, brows furrowing in concentration as her ears catch the low beating of something in the distance.

      "War drums," Kane announces, glancing around in search of the warriors that would be coming soon.

      Grace takes a couple steps to the left, eyes peering into the forest for a moment before falling to the three crumpled bodies lain across the ground. She glances beside her, finding Indra, whose eyes land on the fallen warriors. Indra's voice turns venomous as she growls out, "Azgeda."

      Monty's brows furrow in confusion, turning to look at the women. "You can tell it's Ice Nation from the sound?"

      "No," Grace answers for her, gaining the groups attention. She nods towards the bodies, her voice thick — not mournful for those lost, but concern for whoever must have given them their fate — as she says, "From them."

      Pike starts moving a second later. "We need to get those bodies off the field, unless you're good with them think we did this."

      "Go," Kane orders, nodding to Grace and Pike. "Do it."

      Grace takes a tiny step forward, but pauses as Bellamy says, "Wait. Two people at twelve o'clock."

      Lifting her weapon back up, she directs her attention to where Bellamy is watching something dark move within the field. What she sees makes her breath die in her throat; Clarke, being lead by a burly man with long, braided hair and bounty hunter clothing. Heart jumping at the blonde, Grace mumbles, "It's Clarke."

Grace only spends a second checking her friends physique. A cloth is wrapped around her head, pressing against the corners of her mouth to keep her quiet. Her hands are bound and her hair is tinged a slight pink, her green eyes drifting across the valley. She looks physically fine, but if Niylah had been telling the truth than Clarke was wounded - and was now the prisoner of a bounty hunter.

      Monty's head snaps back to look at them, eyes wide. Grace, not spending another second gawking at the sight of the blonde, scrambled forward with long, determined strides. Bellamy does the same, though Pike pushes on the mans chest to stop him from moving forward.

      "Get out of my way," Bellamy growls. Grace stops beside Monty and his mother, watching the ordeal in frustration. As much as she wanted to go after Clarke, she couldn't do it alone. Things would only end badly.

      Pike shakes his head firmly. "You'll never make it in time."

      Monty steps towards the man, voice softer than Pike's, "He's right." He nods towards the forest. "Look."

      Lifting her weapon to peer through the scope, Grace watches as Azgeda warriors begin to pile out of the trees. She curses under her breath, glancing at the group. "There's no way we'll get across without being seen."

      Bellamy takes another fleeting look at Clarke, lips turned down in grief and desperation. Grace knows how much Clarke being away has affected him - they were each leaders of the Hundred, and they were close - but there was nothing that could be done until the army passed. Nothing that wouldn't start another war.

      "We should lay low, let the army pass," Pike tells Bellamy. "Then we find Clarke."

      Bellamy isn't convinced, but he says nothing. With a small sigh, Grace places a comforting hand on his bicep. He can only spare her a quick glance.

      "Guys," Monty says, turning around to face the opposite direction, "There's a cave."

      "We just got lucky." Pike nods at the group. "Come on."

      Pike and the others head towards the three bodies. Grace stops beside Indra and Kane, who speak with hushed tones.

      "I can't go with you," Indra tells them, sending the redhead a short glance.

      "Why not?" Something swirls in Grace's stomach - anxiety, she thinks. She hasn't known Indra long, but the woman had done so much for Octavia while Grace had been stuck in Mount Weather, she'd hate if something happened to her.

      "Ice Nation has crossed the border," Indra explains. "They're marching against my commander. I have to warn her."

      Kane nods in understanding. "We'll get Clarke."

      Indra gives them both pointed looks. "You better. If the Ice Queen gets her first, she'll be dead, and we will be at war."

      Standing at the mouth of the damp cave, Grace plucks at the loose thread hanging from her shirt. Bellamy stands beside her, mouth taut. Thoughts about Clarke and the bounty hunter that had taken her captive swirl around each of their heads as they contemplate whether or not the blonde would be alive the next time they saw her. If they regrouped with the army passing through, then the chances of Clarke coming out of this unscathed were thin.

      "Grace," Pike calls from behind the duo, "Can I speak with you for a moment?"

      Grace glances at Bellamy then turn around to Pike. "About what?"

      Pike looks at Hannah. The woman offers a tiny shake of her head but seems disappointed when Pike gestures to the far end of the cave anyway. Saying nothing of importance, he waits for her to follow him.

      Grace presses her lips into a thin line. Whatever Pike had planned to tell her couldn't have been more important than the situation at hand, and if it was, then what was it? How could anything be more important than the life or death of her best friend?

      They settle into a spot not too far from the group. Grace allows her hand to rest on the weapon hanging from her side, a clear warning to the man that if he tried anything, she would not hesitate to take him down. Skaikru or not, a threat was a threat. That's what life on Earth taught her.

      "When we boarded the stations on the Ark, there was no time to double or triple-check that everyone who was supposed to be there was on board," he starts. Grace's stony facade falls, contorting into one of confusion. He continues quietly, "This means that, despite the punishment he was supposed to receive, he managed to sneak on board with the help of a friend."

      "I don't understand," Grace replies. "Who are you talking about?"

      Pike frowns solemnly. "Grace, your father is alive."

      She takes a sudden, uncoordinated step backwards. Her heel knocks against a stone, almost sending her toppling over and to the ground beneath her. Pike makes a move to help her balance herself, but she smacks his hand away with a quick, "Don't touch me."

      Pike looks towards the others in the cave. Hannah kept her gaze on the floor. Kane had risen to his feet, brows furrowed in confusion and concern as the redhead turned away from them, pressed the palms of her hands against the rock wall, and bowed her head. Bellamy turned around to see if she was okay but said nothing as Pike gave him a firm shake of his head. It was Monty who went to her, who placed a hand against her shoulder blade, who lent a small smile when he saw her watery eyes.

      "It'll be okay," he mumbled, eyes soft. "Remember what you said? Even if it feels like we can't do something... we can."

      Back in Mount Weather, after Clarke disappeared and Harper was taken, Grace whispered this to each of the Forty-Seven. That's why she straightened her back, cleared her throat, and told him in a thick, strong voice, "Of course I remember, Mont. And I was right." She gives him a small smile. "Thank you."

      The sides of his eyes wrinkle when he smiles back at her. "Anytime."

AUTHORS NOTE:

Hey guys! This chapter took a very, very long time to edit and publish, but I hope you guys liked it! It's not far off from the original, but I tried to add in some more detail so that you actually knew what was happening not just from the having watched the show, but from reading the scene.

So, yes, I did bring back Lewis. I thought a lot about it (shoutout to sleeplessnightssss who helped me come up with the final decision) and decided that Lewis was a part of her past that she still needed to conquer, and so here he is!

Anyways, for those of you who may like to read some sneak peeks for this book (and others of mine) then you should check out my Wattpad Instagram! It's unknownauthor108.wp if you would like to follow, though that's totally up to you!

Until next time, lovelies!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

264K 5.1K 33
[COMPLETED•EDITED] ❝ Call me flower one more time and I will put an arrow in your head ❞ ❝ You got it, babygirl ❞ [the 100] [seasons 1-2] [d.lightsto...
319K 9K 56
"did you see the flares in the sky? were you blinded by the light?" ───────── ( © montygreens ) ( the 100 ) ( season 1 - 2 ) ( bellamy blake x oc...
260K 5.5K 38
[THE 100 / SEASONS 1 & 2] [GRACE PARKER SERIES] [BOOK ONE] [COMPLETED]
352 2 13
"How could someone like that make anyone feel good?" "You're not any of those things. You did what you had to do. You're a fighter." [Book 1]