save the world, princess. [ki...

By emotionalsunflcwer

❝Don't ever forget. Wherever you go... I'm always with you.❞ ― kingdom hearts x reader insert ! More

clé.
un.
deux.
trois.
quatre.
cinq.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SORA!!
six.
sept.
neuf.
dix.
onze.
douze.

huit.

1.3K 46 3
By emotionalsunflcwer

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

You entered your bedroom, dressed in your elegant and lady-like pajamas as you wrapped a [F/C] towel neatly around your head, catching sight of your friend Kairi sedentary on your chaise. Your room had been the epitome of home, it reminded you of Queen Minnie and Daisy, which had been the reason behind it being so feminine. 

After the moment between you and Sora, you had parted ways and began your walk to your original home and to your surprise, you  had come across Kairi, who immediately showered you with pleas to have a sleepover. You hadn't intended on letting her stay, but your grandmother had been taking a walk and caught sight of you, nodding her approval for the sleepover. 

Allowing Kairi into your home was your way of building your friendship while it lasted. 

Kairi slanted in the snug seat as she closed the book, placing it by her before she began speaking. "I've been thinking. . ." The girl started, as you unwrapped the towel from your head and began rubbing your cranium. 

"Riku," She suddenly mentioned the name of her crush. "It's obvious he likes you. . ." 

This confused you as you had barely spoken to the boy. You ceased rubbing your head as you folded the towel neatly and placed it on your soft bed that had easily helped you sleep as soon as you laid in it. 

"Kai-" You started, intending to sympathize with her and reassure her that the feelings between you and Riku weren't mutual in the least. "Listen, [Y/N]," She snapped. "It's obvious he likes you,  so i'm giving him up. I know we leave tomorrow, but you can still change your mind about staying and in case you do, I don't want to put a strain on our friendship and I don't want to lose him as a friend." You stared at your friend, unsure of what to say and how to respond. 

"Anyways, what happened between you and Sora?" Kairi pressed gleefully and wiggled her brows. You looked away from her as your cheeks heated up. "Well, we just talked! That's it." You answered nonchalantly. 

"Come on, you and Sora, alone?" Kairi continued, suggesting something more had happened. "Kairi-" You giggled, catching onto her playful tone, and before you could respond to her, a loud thunder erupted from the outdoors. Exchanging a glance, you and Kairi approached your bedroom window and looked out to see the sky had been darker than it's usually been. 

"Funny, the reports didn't say any storms this week," Kairi said, looking out the window. 

"Help me cover the raft? I think I forgot to." Kairi requested, looking over to you as you fearfully watched a purple hue formed in the sky, this looked very familiar

"Kairi, I don't think it's safe to go outside." You told her sympathetically as she frowned, "But the raft is very important to me, [Y/N], without it, we won't be able to travel anywhere. You understand, don't you?" Her pleading purple eyes drew you in, they were just too bright and beautiful. You wished yours were. 

Giving in, the two of you snuck by your sleeping grandmother's room and slowly opened the door which lead to the outside. 

Immediately, the both of you were met with a mixture of rain and  harsh wind that blew your hair and eventually drenched it. You let out a shriek in surprise as your body was met with a very cold splash, and it wasn't then when you realized you were still in your best pajamas given to you by Minnie and Daisy. 

Lightning shot through the sky, usually, the storms would be humid as this was an island, but this storm was different, considering you lived on an island. 

"Okay, let's hurry and cover the raft. Hopefully it's not ruined." You said, grasping your friend's arm gently before leading her down the hill as the both of you kept your heads ducked, avoiding any debris flying your way. 

The more you sprinted, the faster you became due to running downhill, you fearfully pleaded you didn't trip and end up hurting yourself or Kairi. Making it to the bottom, the two of you made your way to the door that lead to the other side of the island, but, just as the both of you were to walk through the door, familiar ant-like creatures emerged from the sand, their eyes brighter than you remembered.

You let out a gasp and froze, "W-what are those things!?" Kairi gasped, rushing behind you as you extended out an arm to protect your friend. You frantically looked around when you spotted a stick poking out of the depths of the sand, reaching for it, you aimed it menacingly at the creatures. Turning towards Kairi, you grabbed both of her shoulders, "Kairi, find somewhere safe to hide and don't come out until I say so! Okay?" You told her, your eyes making her feel safe and as though you could be trusted. 

"Go! Be safe!" You pushed your friend and before she could interlude and suggest you come with her, your glare had informed her that you were serious and that she needed to run. You got into a stance, then awaited for the creatures to make the first move. They jumped at you, and as you swung at them, you felt yourself falling through and realized the creatures were translucent. 

You exhaled sharply as your skin went colder than it already was, "Oh, come on!" You stomped and shouted as you groaned. You dropped the stick as more emerged from the sand, the only thing you could do was plead you didn't get too hurt. Covering your face and putting your arms up in defense, you braced for the attack, but it never came.

"[Y/N]!" You felt strong arms wrap around your waist as you were hoisted up in the air and away from the creatures. You watched as they attempted to leap at you, but to no avail. You exhaled in relief as you realized you were in the embrace of none other than Riku.

"Riku. . . th-" Before you could thank the boy, he snapped at you. "What are you doing out here alone?!" His arms outstretched on either side of him as his bright blue eyes met yours, making you flinch. "Kairi wanted to cover up the raft, but when we did, we got ambushed!" You informed. "Where is she now?" Riku asked. "She's safe. I told her to run and hide." You told him, as he seemed satisfied by your ways of leadership. 

"I-I don't know what's going on!" You grabbed his forearms in panic, why were the creatures and darkness back? You were still a bit shaken up from the ambush, but you were grateful you were okay. 

"The door has opened," Was all he said before letting you go. "Go get Kairi and we'll meet back here. We're leaving." 

"Wait, but i'm not going-" You told him, before he whizzed around and leaned forwards, his eyes stern and serious. 

"Come with us. This is your last chance." He said bluntly. Before you could respond, you felt his lips place on your forehead, his hand holding the back of your drenched hair. Your cheeks flushed as this action had caught you by surprise. Riku had just kissed you! Not exactly, but in some sort of way, he was showing affection! 

"You know we care a lot about you, that's why we want you to come. Be careful." He murmured. "Get Kairi, now!" It wasn't until he said Kairi's name you found yourself out of the shock and state you were currently in, before nodding. You weren't going with them on the raft, but the least you could do was find Kairi. 

It didn't take long for you to follow a trail into a mysterious cave. A cavern you were unaware of but figured it'd be a safe place to hide. Kairi stood in front of a door with no knob on it, it was decorated with what looked like a dark and large, golden keyblade. Has it always been there?

"Kairi!" You called out for your friend, spotting her with her head down. "I'm so glad you're safe, Riku said he wants to meet you by the Paopu tree." You smiled, before noticing not a single response.

"Kairi?" You tilted your head as you noticed Kairi stood frozen in place, "Kairi? What's wrong?" You asked worriedly and slowly, Kairi turned to face you. 

Her once purple eyes of joy and happiness, dull and lifeless. You watched as Kairi reached out for you, before mumbling the name of her friend. 

"Sora. . ." Kairi let out, but why? 

"Kairi!" You heard none other than Sora's voice as he raced in the cavern and halted to a stop by your side as you stared at your friend in worry. 

You screamed in fear as the door behind Kairi swung open, a gust of black wind threw Kairi towards you, Kairi crashed into you, the impact enough to knock you unconscious. All that happened afterwards was but a blur, you and Kairi phased through Sora, like unforeseen magic and the both of you were casted away in darkness. 

"[Y/N]! Kairi!" You heard Sora's last cries before you held onto Kairi's unconscious body and the two of you were to not be found. 

☆: *.☽

Darkness. That was all that was in your vision. Your cries echoed out, not to be heard. You sobbed and clung to Kairi in fear, tears floating out of your eyes and into the abyss you called emptiness. You were terrified and trembling, you wanted to be in the arms of your grandmother, the arms of Minnie and Daisy, you wanted to be with your friends again. You didn't want to be the person to hold your friend who was most likely dead, it'd traumatize you. 

So many questions rolled into your head as you looked down to Kairi with your body shaking. She just floated there, in your arms, coming with no answers. "Kairi," You whispered softly, hoping she'd wake up. You placed a hand on Kairi's cheek, and immediately, you felt your heart break into a trillion pieces physically. Her skin was cold. Was she dead? No. She couldn't be dead. She can't be. 

"Kairi," You shook your friend lightly and gently, no response. Kairi's eyes had been closed as her lips were parted slightly. "Please wake up Kairi, i'm scared." You whimpered. Your lips trembled as you felt a wave of guilt wash over you. 

"I'm sorry if something bad happened to you when you were hiding. I wasn't there to protect you. I'm sorry." You kept mumbling apologies to your friend as you hugged her tighter. A faint light suddenly omitted from the darkness, Kairi's body began giving a faint, golden glow and before you knew it, Kairi's body began to become transparent as she began sparkling away. 

"No! Don't leave me, please! I don't want to be alone!" You pleaded, frantic and terrified about what was to happen to your friend. Kairi disappeared, leaving you by yourself in the darkness. You shivered and cried out for your friend before curling up into a ball and sobbing. You were alone again, no one there to comfort you and reassure you that you were okay. As a child, you were lonely, and now you felt as though you were reliving your worst nightmares. 

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 94 17
10 years have passed since the events of Birth by Sleep. Four friends lived a normal life unti their home Destiny Island gets consumed by the darknes...
14.6K 121 35
Hana (Japanese pronunciation not Hanna) has always been friends with Lea and Isa. Unlike them, she'd rather spend her time tending to the flowers in...
24.5K 410 39
This is a story about a group of junior heroes Sora, Kalani, Donald, and Goofy. Sora and Kalani are both Keyblade wielders. The only difference is th...
4.7K 9 15
Ducktales Movie 3 - Moonvasion Infinity War